Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

JL#52 (Super-Lex Issue)

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZariusII

This is 100% a Lex Luthor centric story with the JL only appearing on one page (mainly to recap what happened to N52 Superman, Diana almost mentions Superdad, but Batman cuts her off), so I felt discussion of it should go here since it's relevant to the story in Action Comics and there are some interesting developments

For example, we learn that the Daily Planet gained permission to display Superman's cape, by the end of the issue Lex buys out the Planet so he can have access to it. Lex's sister Lena is comatose and not even Lex's mother box can revive her, and his motivations to be a hero she can be proud of are made more clearer.

Luthor also believes N52 Superman will be reflected more fondly of in death rather than life, and saves a woman's life (although she is terrified by Lex after he takes down the mugger)

Perry also has done a 180 since he turned on Clark in "Truth", reflecting on Clark more as a son.

It's a really good issue, giving Lex clear reasons to act the way he does going forward

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Sounds cool. I guess I'll have to pick this up as well.

Do we find out what happened with him and Apokolips?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds cool. I guess I'll have to pick this up as well.

Do we find out what happened with him and Apokolips?

Nope.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It was actually pretty interesting but this needed to come out before Action Comics #957, and not everyone will read this beforehand. Still, as a set up for Lex Luthor's motivations, what he did to become the new self appointed protector of Metropolis, his Mother Box capabilities in his latest warsuit and what had happened with Lena and the Daily Planet was solid stuff to fill the issue up. Jurgens did overlook why Lex left Apokolips though, that was the problem with this issue specifically.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By adrikito

How strange is this.. In Action Comics his speech looked like a big lie... But now Luthor helped people and has been launched against Doomsday.

Although this layer would have been better for superwoman.. But In this moment, It seems that he is not interested to bring the layer to mock to the death of superman..

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I think it was glanced over as "Lena would not approve."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.