Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is Batman Really More Incorruptible than Superman?

• 73 results
    Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman has bren through so much and not turned that I definitely think Supes would crack sooner.

People say Supes has as strong moral as Bats but I don't agree he would unleash hell.. if someone killed ma and pa

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman>batman in my point

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@nerx said:

Because Frank Miller is a tool when it comes to writing supes, and Dini is a batfanboy. The batgod has swayed writers to his side.

No it's Bruce Timm who is the batfanboy.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franchise1590: I think in the new 52 someone did kill ma and pa or cause their accident,and Clark came out of that not bloodlusted.and superman has a much higher moral code than batman,I mean he comes from a race of superior beings and also, look how powerful he is, he could kill somebody by nudging them,the fact that supes stands for hope and is a force for good proves his morals are higher.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Nerx

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy:

No it's Bruce Timm who is the batfanboy.

To me Timm has the rights as he made the wonderful DCAU, which is great in terms of getting people to know about the DC Lore. He's like that cool uncle that sometimes gets on yer nerves, but you let it pass. Morrison and Miller however are like siccing pedophiles at superman, if superman were a church choirboy.

@powerwoman

I love you, pretty much the same cept for me it extends to characterization as a whole

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By theTimeStreamer

to dc batman makes them more money so scr*w everybody else. batman can do anything.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Has anybody been reading the recent batman and red robin, batman and redhood issues?? Batman's a total A hole in those,doin what he did to Jason is so incredibly mean and insulting and scarring!! That really shocked me.

It's called grief. He's not evil, his son just died...

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: ya never said he was evil,just said he's acting like a tool,and grief deosnt justify what he did to jason.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: What makes you say that? A lot of Superman fans tend to say this and I am curious why. I know Batman wanders that edge of darkness but seeing as how he has already taken so much tragedy without it pushing him over the edge I think this proves that he would not go over and become a villain. Superman on the other hand has not really had a great loss yet, I mean Krypton was destroyed but this was not quite a personal loss for Superman seeing as how he never lived there. I would say the reason there are evil Superman elseworlds is because in cannon we have not seen yet how Superman would react to a great personal loss which leaves the writers an opportunity to say what they would think would happen. With Batman we already have seen what happens when he encounters great loss many times in cannon.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You kind of failed to back up your point...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By PowerHerc

Nope. No way.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just as corruptible. By the end of the book Clark tell him that the powers were probably effecting his mind and not to be too hard on himself, and Bruce assures him that's just an excuse.

He can totally be corrupted, but like mentioned before a big scary alien with god like powers is more threatening than a man in a bat suit who yes has prep powers....so to remedy this they gave bats superman's powers and did the injustice storyline basically.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: What makes you say that? A lot of Superman fans tend to say this and I am curious why. I know Batman wanders that edge of darkness but seeing as how he has already taken so much tragedy without it pushing him over the edge I think this proves that he would not go over and become a villain. Superman on the other hand has not really had a great loss yet, I mean Krypton was destroyed but this was not quite a personal loss for Superman seeing as how he never lived there. I would say the reason there are evil Superman elseworlds is because in cannon we have not seen yet how Superman would react to a great personal loss which leaves the writers an opportunity to say what they would think would happen. With Batman we already have seen what happens when he encounters great loss many times in cannon.

The deal with Superman is that he has an unshakeable moral compass. It would be extremely out of character for even losing everyone he cared about for him to break. It would break most people, maybe almost everyone but not Superman. It's been touched upon in a few storylines how Superman would deal with losing everyone in the Pre Flashpoint continuity and I think those stories are right on the money.

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: What comic is that scan from?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sage1000 said:

@w0nd: What comic is that scan from?

Superman batman i think the issues went on from 53 to 56?

that scan is from 55

Clark loses his powers and Batman gets them, and becomes a tyrant, almost kills Catwoman and pummels Nightwing for trying to defend her.

The JLA tries to take him down

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

@eternal19 said:

I think that it would be interesting to see what would happen if batman went bad especially since he has plans to fight the justice League. I would like to see DC make that happen. Because Im sick of all the batwanking thats been going on at DC

Closest thing you'll get is Owlman

Loading Video...

THIS SCENE WAS SO EPIC! I absolutely loved Owlman, he was a terrific villain. One of the reasons I always loved Owlman and Prometheus was they both showed what Batman would be like if he was a villain. Total badass!

Yeah and from what I had seen from this is you either get an evil Superman who can be stopped by Batman

OR AN EVIL BATMAN WHO WANTS TO DESTROY ALL THE UNVERSES(when owlman said that i was like can't you just be happy with destroy one like any other villian)

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Correction: Superman is the embodiment of "American" idealism, evident by the very existence and difference of Red Son Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
    deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the less likely to turn evil.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Nights is supposed to show us if Batman went evil I think. In my opinion Batman would go dark before Superman ever would, since he's more in contact with the insanity that goes on. I'm guessing evil Superman just makes for a more interesting story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, they're both pretty hard to corrupt

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nooo. Superman never crosses the line just as much as Batman. Both characters believe in a true form of Justice but Superman is far more willing to meet even his enemies halfway with trust while Batman doesn't even trust his allies. Leading to him deceiving them multiple times, which I would already consider corrupt, even though he has good reason.

Both characters are necessary. Superman extends the olive branch and Batman is holding a gun to make sure you take it.

Firestorm808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless one is omni-benevolent, then he or she is corruptable.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are on the same level IMO,though IIRC they made it clearer on Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.