Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is anyone else salivating for earth one vol 3?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

This wait is brutal.....it's beyond brutal and damn near inhuman.....I'm specifically curious what my friend @lvenger@ thinks if the earth one series....does anyone know when it's supposed to be coming out

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I enjoyed E1 vol 1 but vol 2 was really meh.
    Three is probably coming out late this year, since I remember JMS saying that works on it, but i could be wrong.
    I am really curious to see what JMS will do with Lex^2. It is something completely out of the box which could make their dynamic with Supes really interesting.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By 2cool4fun

I actually liked 2 more then 1 cause it focused more on Clark as a character. Which I liked a lot.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really liked Earth One volume 1 and didn't care for volume 2 nearly as much. But I would rather them expand the rest of the Earth One universe with more characters like Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, and other characters rather than getting the same heroes. I want a definitive Earth One universe.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: @2cool4fun: @squalleon:

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/j-michael-straczynski-teases-superman-earth-one-volume-3-141577

that page has the latest info i could find. its from april of 2013 though.

What specifically didnt you like about volume 2 @squalleon?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Volume 3 … a combined effort to take out Superman between LEX LUTHOR and … BRAINIAC! or GENERAL ZOD!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Volume 3 … a combined effort to take out Superman between LEX LUTHOR and … BRAINIAC! or GENERAL ZOD!

yeah i think you may be on to something....although it seemed luthor was indifferent to superman in vol 2

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By SanoHibiki

Is there even going to be Superman: Earth 1 Vol. 3?

That’s news for me; thanks a lot for that, by the way. Now I gonna salivate while waiting (through Vol. 2 was not as solid as its predecessor, my hopes are high).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I know but you can't have a Lex Luthor be indifferent to Superman…thats impooooooossbile!

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really liked Earth One volume 1 and didn't care for volume 2 nearly as much. But I would rather them expand the rest of the Earth One universe with more characters like Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, and other characters rather than getting the same heroes. I want a definitive Earth One universe.

Would be nice, although at this rate we wouldn't see the team up book for another ten years.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I know but you can't have a Lex Luthor be indifferent to Superman…thats impooooooossbile!

sorry but i disagree. this is an elseworlds. I want to see different things and see things get shaken up. I want JMS to redo the whole mythos

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@sog7dc: While the first book was an interesting modern-day take on Superman, exploring his thoughts and character, this was nothing more than a standard superhero story, which doesn't fit with the tone JMS created, the parasite part was weak and very standard and it's formula is very similar to the first book(both make the world question Superman's alliance). It has it's moments as a book but I didn't like it as much as the first one.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wanna see Lex turn evil already! And what the f**k happened to Batman Vol. 2? The first one wasn't half as good as either Superman volume, but it's still been 2 years. I guess that's what happens when Geoff Johns works on a dozen books, a handful of TV shows, and a few movie scripts all at once.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Agreed.

I would love GL and Flash earth one books though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SOG7dc

@arturocalakayvee said:

Agreed.

why no love for vol 3

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I'd love another Zod or Brainiac story, but a earth one GL or Flash would be awesome, i just really like origin storys

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I'd love another Zod or Brainiac story, but a earth one GL or Flash would be awesome, i just really like origin storys

yeah i agree but im sking why you didnt enjoy vol 2. i thought it was awesome

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Parasite is lame, i have never liked him.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Agreed.

why no love for vol 3

I didn't think it was that great. It had a lot of potential and was just really wasteful. One of the things that really got to me, not sure why, was Superman's armor against Parasite. He was literally encased in glass…there was so much potential for it but it was a let down. Perfect example of what could have been but wasn't.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SOG7dc

@sog7dc said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Agreed.

why no love for vol 3

I didn't think it was that great. It had a lot of potential and was just really wasteful. One of the things that really got to me, not sure why, was Superman's armor against Parasite. He was literally encased in glass…there was so much potential for it but it was a let down. Perfect example of what could have been but wasn't.

I loved it. I really liked the love interest.......matter of fact i wrote a review about it

check this out guys@allstarsuperman

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@sog7dc said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sog7dc said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Agreed.

why no love for vol 3

I loved it. I really liked the love interest.......matter of fact i wrote a review about it

read the review, ill be honest i really didn't like the "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" approach to terrorist guy. And wasnt the girl like a hooker?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sog7dc said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Agreed.

why no love for vol 3

read the review, ill be honest i really didn't like the "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" approach to terrorist guy. And wasnt the girl like a hooker?

This is a more down to earth and relatable Superman though. Who of us wouldnt do the same thing? And yes. That was one of my favorite things about the book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.