Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Does anyone know the exact address of The Daily Planet?

sonofkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sonofkrypton

I'm doing a project for school, and I'm looking for The Daily Planet's exact address in metropolis via the actual comics. Does it exists? No wiki info. please.

Thanks!!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

In Smallville the Daily Planet is located at 355, 1000 Broadway in Metropolis, Kansas.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MakkyD

@squalleon: Metropolis is located in NY in the comics, is it not?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@squalleon: Metropolis is located in NY in the comics, is it not?

Yeah, but exact address isn't known. The address I mentioned before is the only address known and it is from the smallville series.

sonofkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks guys. On wiki it says that its at the corner of fifth and concord lane; but I'm pretty sure finding the exact address, if it exists, will be pretty hard.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By 2cool4fun

Wait so metropolis is a part of New York city? I thought it was a city of it's own as big as New York.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait so metropolis is a part of New York city? I thought it was a city of it's own as big as New York.

Gotham and Metropolis represent different parts of NY (the good and bad side) but they aren't NY. They are supposed to be near NY though and since DC never releashed a map this is all speculation.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh right, right. They are in new york, not new york city. But it really makes me wonder where is NY City compared to them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@squalleon: Which is funny, because Gotham is just another name for New York (and Batman actually operated out of NYC in the original comics for about a year or so before Gotham was introduced) and Metropolis is just a type of city (New York is a Metropolis).

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@squalleon: Which is funny, because Gotham is just another name for New York (and Batman actually operated out of NYC in the original comics for about a year or so before Gotham was introduced) and Metropolis is just a type of city (New York is a Metropolis).

Indeed. Both those cities represent different sides of the real New York city. Gotham being the slums and bad neighborhoods and Metropolis being the cosmopolitic and majestic city.

Also we know that those two cities are close to each other and in opposite sides of a river (I think) to complete the contrast.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JakeN7

@squalleon: Well in DC Universe Online at least, they were across a lake (big body of water, seemed like a lake) from each other.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@squalleon: Well in DC Universe Online at least, they were across a lake (big body of water, seemed like a lake) from each other.

Sounds better.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JakeN7

@squalleon: I dunno, NYC does have the Hudson River. Who knows?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@squalleon: I dunno, NYC does have the Hudson River. Who knows?

Gotham has an Island so that could be the equivalent of the Hudson River.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JakeN7

@squalleon: The more I think about it, the more I'd pay out the ass for a DC map. I'd love to see where in California Coast City is, where in Ohio Central City is, and if Star City and Seattle (my hometown) are actually one in the same. And that's not even touching on the Gotham and Metropolis stuff.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@squalleon: The more I think about it, the more I'd pay out the ass for a DC map. I'd love to see where in California Coast City is, where in Ohio Central City is, and if Star City and Seattle (my hometown) are actually one in the same. And that's not even touching on the Gotham and Metropolis stuff.

Weird that DC hasn't already published one. But this ambiguousness helps the writers a lot though, so they don't really have to worry about locations too.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: That's actually a very valid point. I guess it's better that it remains ambiguous. No one has to worry about whether Red Hood can be in Gotham and then visit Tim Drake in NYC or not. They just do it (although that was written by Lobdell so I doubt it would've mattered if it was mapped out or not, lol).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.