Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Do you think Joker is a good superman villain?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Now yes I know he is a batman villain, and his best one ( arguably ), and he and batman are like yin and yang. But people have done it many times before:

Superman

Fighting

Against

The

Joker

What do you think? Does he even need to have a single story against The Joker again?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By SaintWildcard

Maybe, but from what I've seen most of those stories give him powers. Joker doesn't stand a chance. Most of Superman's human villains are geniuses and stratagists. The Joker is chaos incarnate. Unless he has kryptonite, he doesn't really stand a chance. That being said, he did f**k over Clark huge in Injustice.... but we all know how that turned out.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

No, Joker wouldn't like how Superman is so perfect and a beacon of hope. Joker never stands a chance anyway, he can't mess with Superman not even on a mental level which is what he wants and that's what he gets from Batman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: @lyrafay: He did kill Lois Lane and everyone in the Daily Planet in Kingdom Come, practically tore Superman's world right apart. One of the main reasons he went into reitrement.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I dont think so, maybe, idk, I hate the Joker to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Joker wouldn't really work, he never hides his crimes, lex is clever at toying with Superman in a way that Does not fit Joker's MO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Wouldn't fit as a permanent villian

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he can have 2 or 3 stories with him look at superman tas,injustice,kindom cone and emperor joker

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deaditegonzo
    @frozen said:

@saint_wildcard: @lyrafay: He did kill Lois Lane and everyone in the Daily Planet in Kingdom Come, practically tore Superman's world right apart. One of the main reasons he went into reitrement.

He went into retirement because the people sided with the violent vigilantes. In that comic, it showed how utterly the Joker would fail against Superman. He wasnt a threat to Superman, so he destroyed everything important to Superman, and still couldnt "break" him. What would have been left for the Joker after that failed?

I think Emperor Joker is a really good Joker vs Superman story, because it pits Joker against Superman as his superior in power, which is the only way to make the Joker really threatening to him. And even in that, he fails to break Superman.

Batman works better against Joker because his mind and will is more fragile, he is vulnerable to Joker physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurt Superman? Yes. Defeat him? Nope.

Remember when Karen Page sold out Daredevil's identity to Kingpin for heroin? Turned his life upside without actually touching him.

Or when the Watchdogs went after John Walker as Captain America. Killed his parents right in front of him.

These street level villains can go all in an cause damage in deep ways even if they can't actually win.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

maybe for like a story arc, Joker is not as smart as Lex so it wouldn't be as fun seeing it over and over again.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r: I think he is lame. I guess, He shouldn't be "that" much a threat to anyone. And you would think that someone would shoot him in the head by now. out of all the mercs and assassins you'd think someone unstoppable would murder the Joker, Deadshot, Deathstroke, etc.

I did like Zero Year though, how Redhood One was a criminal master mind with a bad*ss gang....I know its questionable if that was even the Joker until the very end, but IMO I like to say that he was always the Redhood One.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Yeah, but there's always the debate of 'do you blame the Joker or his obvious mental illness for his crimes?' Logically someone - anyone, should've put that crazy mofo down a looong time ago, but then who'd play with Bats so beautifully?

I agree with your opinion. For anyone to undermine Joker's OG Redhood status, is to undermine Jason Todd's reasoning for taking that name for himself.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r: It's just that though, the whole "everythings a game" to Joker is stupid. Robbing a bank just so you can give Bats a little hard time could be considered a game, but murdering robin, attempting to murder Bruces entire family is not a game, someone serious needs to straight up shoot him in the face, and say a badass line like BLAM! "Game Over". I'd prefer Redhood or Batgirl to kill him, maybe even Babs just shoots him in the spine leaving him for dead, that'd be awesome.

Agreed, falling into a pit of dye won't make you a criminal master mind, I believe Joker was the bad guy all along.

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By theodixon9

I think the Joker being a Superman villain could go two ways, both of which aren't that great. Either Superman defeats the Joker very easily, which would be boring, or the Joker causes Superman to have a mental breakdown, which has already happened in Injustice. From what I can see, Superman isn't used to mass murder and might not cope too well with how many people the Joker kills. Sure his home world was destroyed but that was when he was a kid and he probably wouldn't have really understand what had happened at that age. I could be wrong though, as I'm not a Superman fan.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I can understand where you're coming from. If they were going to have someone kill him, it should've been Jason when he came back from the dead. Unfortunately, DC lacked the cajones to kill him. By now it'd be redundant to have Jason kill him, since he should've done it then. I'm absolutely fine with Batgirl shooting him, it'd give her some much needed badassness.

Oh, and absolutely not. There had to have been some kind off emotional trauma to set him off along with his "disfiguration"

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r said:

Oh, and absolutely not. There had to have been some kind off emotional trauma to set him off along with his "disfiguration"

Explain. If Joker was the Redhood One, he could have been smart, cunning, and handsome. Imagine if he was a good looking man with a hot wife, and Batman ruined that for him.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By W3BST3R

@allstarsuperman: My mistake, I meant to concur with you. However, if that was the case, it'd make their rivalry seriously personal.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r: Oh okay. Just writing that down has actually got me started thinking about an origin for the Joker.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.