Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

DCnU Superman villains

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Primmaster64

For some reason people think that Superman's gallery sucks because of the over exposure of Lex luthor and we really haven't seen what a threat these villains could pose for The man Of Steel, so I think it would be great if these guys could come back in the new 52 as Superman villain...Because once upon a time, the where Superman villains. So I nominate

Hercules

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Yes, way back in the SA(Along with Samson and Atlas) Hercules, before he was associated with Wonder Woman, he was actually a Superman villain, or rival. He would come and test his strength against Superman. He would make a great physical thread for Superman. Hercules seeing that someone can actually rival his legendary strength. And did you guys know that one of the people that Superman was based from is Hercules? Original vs modern version? or something..

Cyborg Superman

No Caption Provided

This is a must. We all miss Hank. DC do it now. Bad enough that you made him a GL villain, now where is he?

Composite Superman

No Caption Provided

A Superman, Batman and Legion Of Superheroes villain. This guy is basically one of the most powerful villains DC has ever created and they don't even use him. He is basically a more powerful version of Amazo, as he has Superman, Mon-El, Brainiac 5, Lightning Lad, Bouncing boy, Colossal Boy, Invisible Girl, eh, he pretty much had all of the powers of the Legion Of Superheroes. And it took the combination of them all to do something about it. Hell this guy could be a great JL villain too. This guy has basically been on limbo for year now.

Those are some of my choices for the villains I would like too see return to face Superman...What are yours?
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Lame.......

Where is Mater Jailer on this list???

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle: So much 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64:   
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle: So...Hater...What about you?
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @cattlebattle: So...Hater...What about you?
    I told you man....Its all about Master Jailer

No Caption Provided
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cattlebattle: ....Dude....Seriously?
    YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By YoggSaron

I definitely want the 'Borg Superman to go back to being a Superman villain, though to be fair he is probably too much for the Man of Steel. I say they should introduce new villains, each with a strong back story, a clever motivation, memorable actions, and the ability to actually match Superman. Some of his 90's villains are lame and outdated, so I don't want to see them return, especially Livewire.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64
    @YoggSaron: Who is that? Borg?
    YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YoggSaron

@Primmaster64: Cyborg Superman. I just placed a ' over the Cy part.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64: Heck yeah, that dude just screams bad ass. All great men have had to overcome some time in prison, Tupac, Nelson Mandela, ....why not the man of steel
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Primmaster64
    @YoggSaron: Nawh, He is perfect. Cyborg Supes hates Superman more than Luthor and blames him for everything.

@cattlebattle
    Want me to put the video?
    AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AweSam

Bizarro

No Caption Provided

Titano

No Caption Provided
    Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Imagine_Man15
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By dernman
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Primmaster64:
    YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By YoggSaron

@Primmaster64 said:

@YoggSaron: Nawh, He is perfect. Cyborg Supes hates Superman more than Luthor and blames him for everything.

I know. I want him to go back to being a Superman villain too. I just meant power wise he may be too much for Superman alone.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@Primmaster64 said:

@AweSam: Bizarro is already gonna appear according to Lobdell...And Titano is dead.

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Massacre, Conduit, Bloodsport, Master Jailer and Parasite should all make big comebacks.

Hmmm Elaborate..please.

Elaborate on what exactly? I just... want these villains to be around again, battling the Man of Steel.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Dernman said:
    Definatly. Those guys are missed.

@cattlebattle
    Good Boy..Now be serious.

@YoggSaron
    With power rings...yes...Without them...Well there we go.
    YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By YoggSaron

@Primmaster64 said:

@YoggSaron: With power rings...yes...Without them...Well there we go.

Well, he's still unkillable and can regenerate from any attack, as well as possessing physical abilities on par or above Superman, as well as having no weaknesses. Besides the GL universe remained unchanged for the most part and most recently Henshaw had a yellow battery inside him.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Primmaster64
    @YoggSaron: Well...They could retcon some of those things...
    YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By YoggSaron

@Primmaster64: They'd better, or there going to be receiving a particularly angry letter.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Primmaster64
    @YoggSaron: I really want to see Hank again.
    YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By YoggSaron

@Primmaster64: We all do, man. We all do. . .

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#26  Edited By cbishop  Online

@Primmaster64: <sigh> That's the problem with public domain characters. The Hercules lifting the rock and the Hercules on the Superman cover are not the same character. The Superman Herc' was transported through time. The Hercules Unbound Herc' was fighting in a post-apocalyptic future. Certainly, a retroactive fix could be made that makes them the same character, but let's not.

We've talked about Cyborg Superman before, and my opinion remains the same: he's a crud character. He was named The Cyborg when DC already had a Cyborg. His powers are the same as the pre-COIE Brainiac - being able to inhabit machinery and organic matter, shaping it to his will. The only difference between them is that Hank had managed to find Kryptonian DNA and metals to incorporate into his initial make-up (he's switched bodies many times since then though, so IMO, that shouldn't be part of his makeup now). Since then though, Brainiac has been portrayed as connected to Krypton, so DC could easily bring Brainiac back with his original powers and new history, making him a Kryptonian level threat for Superman. I'd much rather see the cool Brainiac return than Hank Henshaw.

The Composite Superman - I never really liked the character, but to me, he would make more sense as a Legion villain than a Superman villain. Needs a different name though.

Bizarro, and please, Bizarro World (Htrae) need to return.

This is the New 52, so if Titano hasn't been seen yet, then he doesn't exist. He's not dead - he could be reintroduced. I don't see a lot of point in it though.

Physical threats are needed for Supes, but more importantly, he needs interesting villains. Those are lacking, where he is concerned.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dernman
    @cbishop: I think Titano did appear off panel. IIRC he died. 
    Ug I hope it's not Bizzaro #1Bizarro World.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cbishop  Online

@Dernman said:

@cbishop: I think Titano did appear off panel. IIRC he died. Ug I hope it's not Bizzaro #1Bizarro World.

They've covered Titano already? Ah, well, so be it.

As for Bizarro and B. World, oh yeah, Biz' #1 and Htrae are exactly what I want to see. With a combo of old comics charm and new comics storytelling, I think more fans would like it as well. That's a mine of potential missing from Superman's universe.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cbishop: I'm all for new villains my friend. But these are the people I would like them to use again. I feel with the right writer they could be interesting.

Remember that this is a reboot. All of those character could change for the better, whether is Hank, Herc or Composite Supes. We just need more imagination, that seems none of the writers who DC puts with Superman have. Action Comics has been cool. But the Superman title has suffered from bad writing and inconsistency. First mistake DC made was putting Perez on the title. they should have put someone new, a young person to write Superman. but no, just like always they put the crappiest writers for Superman, a hero that certainly deserves better. Every one else title has been nearly universally well received, while Superman has had bad editorial and creative changes. I think its time to fire Superman's editor, cause he''s not doing Superman any justice. I want new, exciting, cool villains that can go toe-to-toe with Superman but none of them, Jurgens and Perez, have delivered. 

This are the villains I want for DC to returned to Superman. I never stated that this is going to happen. Just that i would like to see them again. And I believe that with a good writer, he or she might do some justice to Superman and this villains.I also posted that if you had any villain you want to return to Superman, you where free to add. 

Or also, you could create one.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Dernman: @cbishop

Might I add, that I would also like Superman too have more supporting character...Lois, Jimmy, Perry? Please more outside of them.
    Supergirl? Power Girl? Superboy? Krypto? Give me Val-El and I am happy.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cbishop  Online

@Primmaster64: And I gave my opinions. I have never made it a secret that I dislike Hank Henshaw, and I made my case for why, and for what other villains I would or would not like to see. As for supporting cast, yes, he could definitely use more than Lois, Jimmy and Perry. Seeing the Kryptonian relatives he has on Earth more often would be cool. I was a fan of the early Ron Troupe - wouldn't mind seeing him return. New characters are always welcome, as long as they're not copies of older characters (such as Henshaw copying Brainiac).

Something I'd like to see more of is what they had going in New Krypton, but then demolished. I have always wanted to see the Kryptonians released from the Bottled City of Kandor, and further, I'd like to see the villains released from the Phantom Zone. Not three of them - all of them. Hell, putting them back could be the entire premise of Superman. Give him a portable Phantom Zone Projector as a gun or ring or something, and it'd be like Rom blasting Dire Wraiths back to Limbo!

For that matter, while I don't see DC making that the sole purpose of Superman's stories, what about Mon-El? If you bring back his original origin, he lived in the Phantom Zone for a thousand years or so, until the Legion's time, when Brainiac 5 was able to synthesize a cure for his problems with lead. He lived with a dimension full of evil villains. I could easily see his sole purpose being to put them back, when he gets released with them (someone in this time would have to synthesize his cure for lead). Frankly, that would be awesome.

And this is why I want to see Bizarro and Htrae come back: The backwards thinking aside, Bizarros are imperfect duplicates of Superman. They're flawed, but they have Kryptonian DNA. And there's an entire planet of them. That is badass story potential right there.

Without even creating new characters, that's three classic sources of Kryptonian level physical threats, that's never really been properly tapped. I'd love to see that stuff.

I still firmly believe though that much of what's changed in the New 52 Superman has to do with the lawsuit between DC and the Siegel/Shuster families. I think they're reinventing enough that the elements they lose in 2013 won't matter. My own personal opinion is combine the Mr Majestic stuff with Superman, if necessary. It would be weird, but it wouldn't hurt the character at all.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#32  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I wish they would take the Metallo from Superman: TAS and bring that version of the character into the comics, he was one of my favorite Superman villains when I was younger! :D

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cbishop: I know you dislike Hank. You told me long ago...lol But with a good writer everything is possible..And besides...We really have nothing to lose. Seeing how bad the stories are right now it won't matter. Yes Superman needs a new supporting cast with fresh characters. Its practically been the same people! I would like Val-EL to be introduces...For the record he is someone I invented, but would be great in the Superman family, since he is lacking males there.

Eh..The whole kryptonians things its kinda a mixed bag for me. Sure there could be some villains that are kryptonian, but are those the only tipe of people that can hurt Superman? I think not. or why not mixed it up a little, like the Damaximates, there's also a planet somewhere in space where another kryptonian colony established....But do to the planets athmosphere or something they're physical bodies where twinkled. I dunno...Pointy ears, red eyes, ect.

As for Mon-El...It kinda sucks, since he has to go back to the Phanton Zone due to the Legion...that pretty much ruins any good story with Mon-El and Superman...

New villains and old villains with fresh take would work. Hmmm...That's what DC should have done...combine Mr.Majestic with Superman.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Primmaster64
    @War Killer said:
    I wish they would take the Metallo from Superman: TAS and bring that version of the character into the comics, he was one of my favorite Superman villains when I was younger! :D
    Metallo has been on AC already....Maybe he'll change due time.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dernman
    I'm sure others don't agree with me but I'm one of those that think Kryptonians should be kept to the bare minimum. 
    Superboy: Half Clone of Superman. 
    Supergirl: Maybe Kryptonian or maybe created by Zor El so her powers work differently
    Kypto: Genetically enhanced Guard Dog by Kryptonians
    Bizzaro: Evil Clone that degenerates over time. 
    Power Girl: Not Kryptonian 
    Zod: ok Kryptonian 
    Phantom Zone Criminals: From other planets other then Krypton but imprisoned by Kryptonians  
    Hank Henshaw: No Kryptonian armor and doesn't look like Superman. 
    NO PRIME!: Really NO Prime
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By sethysquare

@Dernman said:

I'm sure others don't agree with me but I'm one of those that think Kryptonians should be kept to the bare minimum.
    Supergirl: Maybe Kryptonian or maybe created by Zor El so her powers work differently
    Phantom Zone Criminals: From other planets other then Krypton but imprisoned by Kryptonians

I want Lor Zod (Chris Kent)

i want Hank Henshaw and Eradicator.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sethysquare

@Primmaster64: Also, one other reason Im excited about Scott coming on board is because I can't wait to see him reinvent the iconic villains and make them super badass

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dernman
    @sethysquare said:

@Dernman said:

I want Lor Zod (Chris Kent)

i want Hank Henshaw and Eradicator.

Ya I forgot those two. :/ You wont be happy but I don't want Chris back. Eredicator not sure but he shouldn't look like Superman.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sethysquare

@Dernman: I think Scott would be doing a major retcon. In #0 we are getting to learn about the "Eradicators" I believe its similar to how he retcon out Rose WIlson's stage name Ravager, to the Ravagers.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cbishop  Online

@Primmaster64 said:

@cbishop: I know you dislike Hank. You told me long ago...lol But with a good writer everything is possible..And besides...We really have nothing to lose. ...I would like Val-EL to be introduces...For the record he is someone I invented, but would be great in the Superman family, since he is lacking males there.

Ah, but you didn't. Google "Val-El," and see what comes up in the DC database. ;)

As for Hank Henshaw, the only thing that can help him is a whole lot of erasers. ;P

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By sinestro_GL

I'd like Mxy to join the cast, but I have a feeling he already is...otherwise, I'm happy with the direction the books are taking. We've already seen Brainiac, Darkseid, Metallo and it's been only a year so far.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sethysquare

@sinestro_GL: You mean the little man in action comics right? Yeah I have a feeling he is mxy.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By azza04
    No Caption Provided
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cbishop: ...He could be name after him...But while the name is the same...the character is WAY different.
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By Saren

Puzzler! Where is Puzzler?

No Caption Provided

On a serious note, I want to see Henshaw make an appearance. I kinda think he could make for a cool Stormwatch villain though.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cbishop  Online

@azza04: Who's that?

@Primmaster64 said:

@cbishop: ...He could be name after him...But while the name is the same...the character is WAY different.

Point is: DC already owns the name. It's weird when that happens, I know.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Adnan: Most Likely.

@cbishop
    >_>...Party Pooper.
      And that is Encantadora.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cbishop  Online

@Primmaster64 said:

@cbishop: >_>...Party Pooper.

I didn't create the rules. ;)

@Primmaster64 said:

@cbishop: And that is Encantadora.

Thanks. :)

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cbishop: But it can still be done :P
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cbishop  Online

@Primmaster64 said:

@cbishop: But it can still be done :P

Could be done, yes. Will the name Val-El come out of the mothballs? Probably not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.