Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Anyone else want a series set in a fantasy version of DC where we get a fantasy version of Superman ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes I know this happend years ago but I'm talking about a full on fantasy book with dragon and stuff and a back story similar to the alt version of supergirl in the infinite crisis game.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need space Superman first.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

Yeah, I thought of that for a while. Superman in a suit of armor, with Jimmy as his squire.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@z3ro180: I am pretty sure that Medieval Superman already happened. Got to check my Elseworlds because I may have it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

As long as its Superman and not Superjerk, I'd read it.

@redwingx said:

I need this. Maybe GL Superman. Worked for Sodam Yat.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How bout a Superman that is weak durability wise, but can cast solar magic like a destruction mage.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jogga

If there were, Superman would have to probably be Heir to the Throne of El, which was taken over by the treacherous Dru-Zod with help from the Evil Overlord Mongul.

Kal was brought-up by farmers far away from the kingdom, but knows that one day he'll have to take back his rightful place as King of Krypton. He gathers his own group, his own Knights whom believe in him, his own fellowship. These knights are Jon Carter, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, and Hugo Danner.

Kal of the House of El is charismatic as well as diplomatic, kingly in all his forms. You would totally believe him as a badass, but also very authoritative, again as he is kingly.

"We have heard foul rumours of this land from King Zod himself", said Jon Carter of the House of Mars, his eyes filled with distrust and accusation. His snarl filled with more venom and insult than his own sword, which was pointed at Kal's chest.

Kal looked at Jon with a calm, stern glare. He looked at his own sword, currently pointed at Jon's chest as his sword was at his, and slowly started to use it to submit Jon's sword to the ground, all the while never keeping his eyes off of the man before him. Once Jon's sword touched the ground, Kal finally spoke to him, calm as he was before.

"This small farm town is a place for the people. It is a place of healing and rest. There is no evil in it." He said, as he pointed his sword at Jon's chest once more while Jon reared back his own blade. "Unless man brings evil there with him." Kal claimed, looking sternly at Jon and his men's eyes as he uttered said words. Fear lacking in his own, cold blue eyes.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This screams badass.

No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mysticmedivh

@jogga: @nerevarine_11: @ecstaticgrace: @theexile285: @saintwildcard: @redwingx: @suemorphplus209: @z3ro180:

No Caption Provided

"This story by Dave Gibbons and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez finds the now famous Earth landing of Kal-El taking place in medieval England. Known simply as Kal, this version of the character becomes a blacksmith by trade, hiding his abilities on the advice of his father. Ever the romantic, Kal ends up entering a tournament to impress the apple of his eye, Lady Loisse. The only problem is that pesky Baron Luthor holds Lady Loisse captive. What’s holding Kal from destroying Luthor? Why, that would be the glowing green gem that Luthor holds in his necklace. This story also features Luthor discovering Kal’s spaceship, making him forge a suit of armour and a sword from the wreckage. Events finally lead to a bloody, deadly climax in this alternative telling of the Superman myth."

Source: http://www.starburstmagazine.com/features/feature-articles/5631-feature-worlds-finest-superman-elseworld-tales

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as its Superman and not Superjerk, I'd read it.

@redwingx said:

I need this. Maybe GL Superman. Worked for Sodam Yat.

They've already done a GL Superman twice. The best one was in the Elseworld's story Superman: Last Son Of The Earth.

How bout a Superman that is weak durability wise, but can cast solar magic like a destruction mage.

Already done... Kind of... In the arc Sorcerer Kings.

Where three of the worlds most dangerous and evil magicians Felix Faust, Morgana La Fey and Brother Blood, used a ritual to gain ulimate power by sacrificing the sun. And so life didn't become extinct the world greatest and most powerful good magicians like Dr Fate, Zatanna and many others, sacrificed their lives by unitying their magic to reignite the sun.

But because the sun was reignted using magic, Superman powers changed to magic base. He could use magic very much like a GL uses their rings. With willpower alone he could use magic in many ways.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mysticmedivh: Yep, that's the one. Yeah, wasn't that great, but it it does exist.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I honestly at one point was fiddeling with a story arc revolving around that notion, but then someone showed me that and it pretty much was what I wanted to do (like 60-70%). So now I'm fiddeling with the entire JL in that period. I like to think Barry was a wizards apprentice and his suit would be made out of Dragon skin or guts

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This screams badass.

No Caption Provided

Less is more man. Looks like the suit from Unchained and a normal one had a baby..... and he mother drank while pregnant with it

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Don't ruin it for me.

I still think he looks majestic and badass!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buttersdaman000

I want this

No Caption Provided

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not really.

I like some fantasy (love the Witcher books) and I like superman, but I don't really see the apeal of mixing the two.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jogga

@saintwildcard said:
    @mysticmedivh said:

This screams badass.

No Caption Provided

Less is more man. Looks like the suit from Unchained and a normal one had a baby..... and he mother drank while pregnant with it

The suit/armour from Unchained alone was like the 90's age of comics had a love child with the human personification of mediocrity.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Rouflex
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.