Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

'American Alien' Discussion

• 56 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lvenger:

Why do you think Landis included this last page...

No Caption Provided

... think about it for a minute or two. And let it sink in.

A play on context!

He is real as concept, but the fallacy is his words are not his own, but the authors! Being "alive in imagination" doesn't make him "alive"! He exists because we allow him to, not being able to say his name had nothing to do with it. And on that note; he can't actually say anything, someone needs to do it for him, how weak is that?

Good effort, but really just mixing concepts!

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the fact that Cheetah is actually getting used. She's just so underused as a character, and much less as an actual villain. Her being a love interest for a young, naive Clark is pretty weird, but not unwelcome. I just wish that this wasn't just a one-time wonder for Clark. It was completely unnecessary for them to go separate ways. Why not go all the way with her instead of going with some one-night stand? Clark isn't like that. He doesn't have meaningful brief flings, one night stands. Also, unfortunately, Cheetah is kind of generic. I fault tho towards the fact that she's just there for one (or two, if what Max said was true) scene(s).

Also, the characterisation is pretty off. I know that this is a still learning Clark, but a story of a guy being mistaken for someone else, getting buzzed, and getting flings isn't a good Superman story as a whole. There were infinite possibilities for this setting, too. Um, hello!? Middle of the sea? Young Clark? Lori Lemaris! You missed your chance bro!

Ok, for real, this has near to no charm to it aside from the type of fluff Tumblr would enjoy. There is no Superman elements here that would make this fantastic in any meaningful way. Where is the imagination?

Seriously, Landis wants to distance himself from Clark being Superman so bad. It's like sub-par Smallville.

Denko069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I've read the 7th issue and I must say, American Alien is great, but I feel like this Superman is kind of depowered, like a lot. What do you think?

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And to think. For quite some time now, I was focused on the wars between Superman fans/fanboys and the likes of Batman fans/fanboys and Goku fans/fanboys. Had NO idea there was a war within the Superman fandom itself. So many different views and debates about Superman and what he should and shouldn't be. Then again, he is the most precious, iconic, and revered superhero there is, so it's not so surprising. However, this in-rank fandom war has finally given me the answer I need to the question, "What do you want from Superman?": There is no answer because everyone has their own views. One thing I can say about the Batman and DBZ fandom is that they are, respectively, often united and in agreement, which makes it easy to appeal to them and create monumental success. The Superman fandom has been the opposite for who knows how long; causing many to be divided by their own beliefs and dedication to the character. It's no wonder he has a difficulty evolving and regaining global popularity like in the days of old. There's just too much pressure and high expectations.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever happened to Doomsday?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By SaintWildcard

I haven't read the series from the jump (might in trades), but I read the last two issues. Can't say much stood out to me. , City Boy Clark was just annoying (but I kinda get why he went with it, just not my cup of tea.). And the ending was just lack luster. OVerall, I see what the series was going for, but I'm not all that impressed. Jeans/T-Shirt>>>>>Homemade armor

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By w0nd

@squalleon:

"Btw Landis confirmed Superman will fight in the last issue with Doomsday at the age of 29.

A good age to die :P"

I know this is a year old but was the book cancelled or something. I saw an issue with Lobo being the finale

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.