Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Action Comics 29 discussion.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm happy Superman's found a way of dealing with intangibility. It's a good feat.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy Superman's found a way of dealing with intangibility. It's a good feat.

It was also very awesome, Kuder's art was great.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
    L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

it was sad when him and baka had to seperate

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Yeah I agree. It suits pak's writing.

Indeed. The tone of the book is exactly the thing Superman needs now. Fun,fast and moving.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ColaNicole

@squalleon: I didn't get the ending when that women said "hes not on this world" oe something like that. And who was he carrying out the water? Gs?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I didn't get the ending when that women said "hes not on this world" oe something like that. And who was he carrying out the water? Gs?

He was carrying the Ghost Soldier and he was going to the Tower Command

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@colanicole said:

It was also very awesome, Kuder's art was great.

Yeah I liked seeing that also. That was probably the only time I liked that ability. Still wouldn't keep it if I was writing Superman but I did like the scene.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Since he called me out before… I'd like to hear @lvenger on this :p

Personally, this series has yet to fail me since Pak jumped on it. In my opinion it's the best Superman book being released because it really shows a soft side of Clark and the dynamic between him and Lana is better and more interesting than the dynamic that has been shown between him with both Lois and Diana.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pak is a great writer, I recently read Batman/Superman, I have to say he gets these characters. His representation of Batman and Superman are better than all other current New 52 versions.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@arturocalakayvee: I haven't read the issue I'm afraid so I can't comment on the story yet. But Pak has done a solid job thus far with Superman and Lana's characterisation, he just needs to write more compelling stories with better villains. That's what is holding this current arc back IMO, a lack of perspective on the villains and overall thematic trends of a story that writers like Morrison and Snyder have done for Superman. Ghost Soldier has real potential to be the New 52 version of Gangbuster though, I'm really seeing some nice parallels between the two and Ghost Soldier has a unique personality too.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don’t like Kuder’s art (especially faces), but that’s a minor setback…

Don’t want to sound like fanboy, but I ‘m really praising Pak’s work. Characterization-wise, its best possible execution of New-52 Superman concept IMO. I’ve been reading Superman comics (through it was on and off before creating online-shops), but I want to say that Clark never was more personalized, more relatable than he is now.

Moral dilemmas, touching farewell with Baka, not bad at all fight with GS… If Pak’s would continue his work on a level, I will dare to assume that he doing even better than Morrison in AC.

4.9/5.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lvenger

@arturocalakayvee: Scratch my last comment, I have read Action Comics 29. Really loved Pak's depiction of Lana and Superman, it was absolutely spot on for Superman to want to save everyone and find another better way to solve the problem at hand. Lana had a great deal of attitude and heart in Pak's writing and these two characters played off each other so well. The dialogue was superb and didn't sound forced at all. I wish Lana was Clark's love interest rather than the stifling relationship he has with Diana. Plus there was some great action too (dat freeze breath feat!)

However, the villains weren't memorable at all aside from Ghost Soldier who has some future potential. And Tower Command was basically dropped in there for future exposition and plot signposting for Pak. Not to mention that the Subterranean Kingdom was neglected in this final issue entirely rendering its appearance somewhat useless. And Baka being a Prince came out of the blue and made no sense whatsoever to enhancing his relationship with Superman. And Kuder's art doesn't blow me away.

Nonetheless, this was a really good issue that gives Superman exactly what he needs in the New 52. Fun, lighter stories with more in tune character portrayals and solid storytelling. 8/10 for me.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

So far this is the best issue from Pak.It had some pretty good emotional moments,some good action,good characterization and of course great storytelling.I think that next issue might be even better but let's stay on this issue.This was a really nice issue for Superman fans because Clark's real nature was truly exposed in almost every single panel and inner monologue baloon in the issue.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Superguy1591

Greg Pak is to Superman what Geoff Johns was to Green Lantern, Scott Snyder is to Batman and Brian Azzerello is to Wonder Woman. I hope DC doesn't become DC and take him off the book like idiots!

I got the feels, man. Goddamn it to Greg Pak for making me cry such manly tears, poor Baka.

@rustyroy: Oddly enough, I'm not liking him on Batman/Superman. It's pretty obvious who he favors out of the two...and it's not the guy he's writing for monthly.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superguy1591

@lvenger: Baka, I thought this new 52 Superman wasn't a boyscout? Puhleze, just because this one isn't afraid to smack a fool in the mouth it doesn't mean he lost his humanity. Plus, once again, Pak proves that Lois is not the best fit for Superman by, once again, showing that Lana > Lois.

I forgot, you're probably biatching that DC is making Superman the villain and Lex the hero next month. -_-...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@superguy1591: Dude what the hell is your problem? I really liked this issue and I've loved what Pak's done with Superman and this series thus far. My problems are with a different series and a different writer. What the hell is your problem with me expressing my opinions on here? Knock it off with your sanctimonious fanboy BS, I had enough of it in the last thread. I'm not in the mood to derail another thread showing your flaws again so stop this now please, I'm not in the mood to demonstrate how you're the one "biatching" as you so eloquently put it.

As for the Lana comment, Pak writes Clark and Lana much better than Clark and Diana and I'd prefer a Clark and Lana romance. But if you really can't see that Lois is the best person to end up with Superman, shows how little you know about the Superman mythos.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: You...you're my problem. >=(

Just throwing it out there, hostile behavior for no reason will only get you banned, I warn you so a mod doesn't have to :-)

@tdk_1997 said:

So far this is the best issue from Pak.It had some pretty good emotional moments,some good action,good characterization and of course great storytelling.I think that next issue might be even better but let's stay on this issue.This was a really nice issue for Superman fans because Clark's real nature was truly exposed in almost every single panel and inner monologue baloon in the issue.

Spot on. Superman feels like Superman again and we finally see a stable personality behind Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@squalleon: I apologise for threatening to derail your thread. The user had problems with my preference for Lois Lane as Superman's main love interest in another thread a while back. I forgot about it till now. And agreed, Superman is much more stabilised under Pak now.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: That's was the best part of the issue.This feels like the old Superman not like that Johns idea of a impatient and always raged Superman who wants to punch people around because he always goes mad.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: I apologise for threatening to derail your thread. The user had problems with my preference for Lois Lane as Superman's main love interest in another thread a while back. I forgot about it till now. And agreed, Superman is much more stabilised under Pak now.

No need to. You aren't in the wrong here.

@tdk_1997 said:

@squalleon: That's was the best part of the issue.This feels like the old Superman not like that Johns idea of a impatient and always raged Superman who wants to punch people around because he always goes mad.

At least his Superman became better during his trinity war. I hope he goes for a more mature Superman in his run, his JL Superman didn't even feel like Supes.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Everything became better after and during Trinity War under Johns. And also I think he would do a great job on Superman because his previous run was pretty awesome so that is why I think he would again do a great job.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@squalleon: Everything became better after and during Trinity War under Johns. And also I think he would do a great job on Superman because his previous run was pretty awesome so that is why I think he would again do a great job.

Probably Johns find his balance during Trinity War. I enjoyed his Action Comics stuff a lot especially Up up and Away so I have high hopes for his Superman. There are rumors that he goes for a long run that makes me more excited.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Probably Johns find his balance during Trinity War. I enjoyed his Action Comics stuff a lot especially Up up and Away so I have high hopes for his Superman. There are rumors that he goes for a long run that makes me more excited.

I think he was spending a lot of time on Green Lantern and most of his attention was centered there and that's why he was so inconsistent in Justice League up until Trinity War and everything started becoming better.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@squalleon said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I think he was spending a lot of time on Green Lantern and most of his attention was centered there and that's why he was so inconsistent in Justice League up until Trinity War and everything started becoming better.

True. I think a higher staff than him (I can't remember her name) said to Geoff that he is working on too many projects and he has to drop something, that's why he quit GL and Aquaman, and it is logical. The guy is working in every show dc produces, he writes the pilot of Flash, in Arkham Knight he created a new character, he is everywhere and it is a shame considering how talented he is because his work suffers. Also I just learned that Forever Evil wasn't supposed to be an event just another storyline on the main JL book and DC pulled a flashpoint on it so that made his attention more divided.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

@squalleon said:

@tdk_1997 said:

True. I think a higher staff than him (I can't remember her name) said to Geoff that he is working on too many projects and he has to drop something, that's why he quit GL and Aquaman, and it is logical. The guy is working in every show dc produces, he writes the pilot of Flash, in Arkham Knight he created a new character, he is everywhere and it is a shame considering how talented he is because his work suffers. Also I just learned that Forever Evil wasn't supposed to be an event just another storyline on the main JL book and DC pulled a flashpoint on it so that made his attention more divided.

Writers like him always get sidelined because of too many projects they are part of.Johns is one of the most brilliant writers ever and he has had some great runs on every single book he was but since he became one of the biggest DC writers and he is currently probably the biggest he is just part of too many things.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flicked through Issue 29 today. Liked it. Like the way Pak is showing a more human and vulnerable Clark. He has got real beat up in the arc so far...its a good answer to all the people who say Superman is 'OP'd.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Super-Wonder

I'm really enjoying this title. Feels like it has a solid foundation finally.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AC is in good hands, issue #29 was excellent, the art and how Supes resolves things. Like I said, excellent!!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got AC yesterday, a good conclusion to this arc and great the fight with Ghost Soldier....overall 9/10 I'd say. Grek Pak is doing very well on Action Comics.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

It's kind of a let down after his Zero Year issue but this arc has overall been good. 8/10. I hope for great things when they get to DOOMED

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.