Follow

Superman: War of the Supermen

Volume »

The story of the 100-minute war. A Free Comic Book Day zero issue leads into a weekly mini-series from DC running through May, 2010.

Someone Please Explain This Scan?

Avatar image for darkknight96000
    darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkknight96000

No Caption Provided
    I thought Kryptonians didn't immediately loose their powers under a red sun, but rather they retained their powers until their reserves of yellow solar radiation was depleted then they lost their powers.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @DarkKnight96000: 

they aren't suppose to since superman has suvived inside a red sun before....so pretty much the writer had no idea what he was doing.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula
    @DarkKnight96000:@Thor's hammmer: this wasn't just a regular red sun, it was created using the ashes of a sun god, for the very purpose of weakening the Kryptonians. read the book guys.
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    Kryptonian weaknesses are displayed with great inconsistencies.  Kryptonite poisoning is supposed to be slow and agonizing in its most common size, yet it's capable of instantly depowering Superman when large quantities are supposed what's needed to do that.  Red Sun energy is supposed to prevent solar stores from being replenished, and that's supposed to be, on average, a lengthy process too.  Then we have scenes like the above where Kryptonians are immediately depowered.

Though in the case of Superman and Supergirl, I don't think all of their stores were shot since they managed to survive, most likely due to them having deeper stores than the other Kryptonians.  Regardless, they need to get some consistency with Superman's powers and weaknesses.  I'm as tired of him becoming brought back to 100% after stepping out into daylight as I am seeing him brought down to 0% within five seconds due to a pebble sized Kryptonite rock. 

@Caligula said:

" @DarkKnight96000:@Thor's hammmer: this wasn't just a regular red sun, it was created using the ashes of a sun god, for the very purpose of weakening the Kryptonians. read the book guys. "

Rao, being a sun god, was used to turn the sun red.  That has nothing to do with how the red sun energy reacts inside of a Kryptonian body.  Lore states that red sun energy prevents Kryptonians from replenishing their power, thus weakening them over time, yet, in War of the Supermen (and many other books), it's used as a method of immediately depowering them.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Caligula
    @ThanosIsMad: how can you say it has nothing to do with it? you are insane!!!

Magic affects kryptonians last time I checked kid. and umm gee let me guess GODS ARE MAGIC.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By Dracade102
    @Caligula:
    Well Said!!! A Magic Red Son can Indeed spell out doom for New Krypton.. Not lazy writers.

....Nothing Personal, oh great Rio.
    Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Supergirl are house of el's members, they are stronger than other kryptonians.

This is because they are direct descendants of their god Rao.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.