Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Supergirl issue 36 : Positive and Negative

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Okay now, when first it is announce that Supergirl get new creative team and it will have new direction...I am excited but at the same time concern if the new direction will make Kara looks not so great. After reading the first issue of this new creative team (in this case issue 36), I am impress. Now I will talk about positive and negative of this issue

Positive :

-The art in this book is fantastic

-The idea of Academy exist in the galaxy is great idea

-Kara personality is written very well

Negative:

-The supporting cast is feels generic. Not flesh out their personality. They don't give too much details

-I am confuse about Superboy parts at the end

Overall score 8.5/10. Go check it out. Do you agree with my review ?

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
    garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By garrettsgonewild

It would be pretty amazing if they somehow added Miss Martian to this cast or to the school through some arc?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@garrettsgonewild: wow I like your idea :) but...I doubt it will happens to be honest

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Honestly the whole idea of the Crucible although good, it confuses me. Because, why pick Kara now and didn't pick Kal when he was in need of some good training. To me a really negative downside is that I don't know enough about the Crucible to know if its a positive thing or not.

And Maxima... Damn I was really disappointed. Not because of her looks, but because she looked the same age or at least a teenager like Kara. I expected her to feel more mature. But its still early in the game, so I'm gonna watch how she develops.

Has for Superboy, I kinda get why they're showing him. He too should be at the academy, but seeing that he's already been molded and manipulated by Harvest, maybe they see him more has a final test for Supergirl. Someone she's gonna have to fight, beat and possibly be given the order to kill, to either remove someone they see has a threat or simply has a test for both of them.

For Supergirl a test to see if she has really let go her prejudice against clones and can see Kon for what he really is. Someone like her, trying to find his way in the world, and at the same time, he's not really a clone. He's a hybrid and has such she can't use Krypton's dark history to judge him.

Has for Superboy, maybe the academy wants to train him too. Maybe they see in him the same(or even greater) potential they see in Kara. But they know he's already a broken item. He's been manipulated, used and in someways he's still has much has a danger to himself and others. Maybe before accepting him, they need to test him, and who better to test him, than the person he knows has the greatest reasons to hate him.

Either way I like where they're going with this. Lots of potential, not just for Supergirl, but also for the introduction of new characters, that might give rise to new comic books. Specially Maxima. I'd love to see Maxima having her own comics, if they bring her back the right way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.