Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Screen Test: Supergirl

Holly Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

Edited By Holly Cross

If ever there was a Supergirl movie or even another Superman movie wouldn't "Glee"'s Diana Agron be just perfect for Kara Zor-El? I mean c'mon just look at her. I myself never even really thought about it till fellow viner, The Observer brought it to my attention when we were thinking about who to cast if someone would make a movie of DC superheroes who aren't in the spotlight so much.  

Side note: I chose a Michael Turner supergirl picture for this because I had no interest in Supergirl's story what so ever until Michael Turner and Jeph Loeb worked together to bring her back in Superman/Batman #8

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By bingbangboom

The problem with doing a Supergirl movie with no Superman movie really steering it is that people will get confused. Her origin is already confusing and they would have to scale it back to make it simple. She also doesn't really have a great sort of rouge's gallery. If anything it would make a better TV show, ala Smallville, vs a movie. She would fit the part though.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By shanana
    @ Holly Cross.

That is a great choice, but i agree with Bing.

Super girl's Origin's have been done over at-least 3 times now, so they'd either have to cut out alot of stuff, or change it up for people who know nothing about her. Secondly, Kara's only real enemy is Lex, She has fought Solomon Grundy, and Silver Banshee; but none of them are solid enough to sell a feature length film. unless they include my man.

No Caption Provided
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By LoganRogue24

Laura Vandervoort is my supergirl.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RedK
    @LoganRogue24 said:
    " Laura Vandervoort is my supergirl. "
    you could have them both as supergirl, you could explain one of them as one of the other supergirls or have one of the be Kara from an alternate reality - Power Girl.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Sha said:
    " @ Holly Cross.

That is a great choice, but i agree with Bing.

Super girl's Origin's have been done over at-least 3 times now, so they'd either have to cut out alot of stuff, or change it up for people who know nothing about her. Secondly, Kara's only real enemy is Lex, She has fought Solomon Grundy, and Silver Banshee; but none of them are solid enough to sell a feature length film. unless they include my man.

No Caption Provided
    "
    you are a Darkseid fan ?
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By courtney12490
    @Sha: What about Reactron?
    Avatar image for lethal_elegance
    Lethal Elegance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lethal Elegance

"If ever there was a Supergirl movie"
    --------------------------------------------------

Eeeek!
    That's a frightening post, Holly.

Lets get this crystal-clear, shall we.

Neither, DC or Hollywood can produce a writer and/or director COMPETENT enough to construct a movie about Kara Zor-El.

(And I HOPE they read my short and direct words on the subject.)

☞ They should just put a dunce-cap on, go stand in corner and leave the rest to ME.

-ULTRA HUGS&KISSES-

Sophie Lopez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sophie Lopez
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @Sha: What about Reactron? "
    Maybe... lol

@ KS yes i'm a Dark sied fan
    Holly Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Holly Cross
    @Lethal Elegance said:
    "  "If ever there was a Supergirl movie"--------------------------------------------------Eeeek!That's a frightening post, Holly.Lets get this crystal-clear, shall we.Neither, DC or Hollywood can produce a writer and/or director COMPETENT enough to construct a movie about Kara Zor-El.(And I HOPE they read my short and direct words on the subject.)☞ They should just put a dunce-cap on, go stand in corner and leave the rest to ME.-ULTRA HUGS&KISSES- "
    *Sighs* I never said there should be a Supergirl movie I just said if there was I think Diana Agron would be perfect for the role, coz in my head that's how I imagine Kara Zor-El would look like.
    Magick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Magick

Oh wow, you are totally right! i never even thought about that, but it would be purrrfect. 

Avatar image for lethal_elegance
    Lethal Elegance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lethal Elegance

This is from DC Wikia ↓

No Caption Provided
    Strictly, visually speaking;  Kara's most prominent physical feature is her eyes. 
    They are "unusually crystal blue". And they would shine with focus and otherworldly intelligence. 

NOTE: It's important to remember that Kara Zor-El *unlike Superman* was RAISED ON KRYPTON. She's adept in arcane sciences and philosophies far beyond the scope of the Human mind. Her very state of consciousness is transcendent, and would seem very alien to even Superman.(who may be Kryptonian, but was RAISED within Human society) - There's a big difference.

These are all very important facets of Kara Zor - El, that DC has failed to breath to life.

P.S. 
    The EXACT same facets apply to Diana Prince (Wonder Woman).
    Writers have always failed to communicate her most powerful asset - Her *Mind*

-ULTRA HUGS&KISSES-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.