Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Major changes coming to Superboy book

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

so not only is Marv Wolfman taking over as the writer as of issue 26 but SPOILERS!

it appears that the clone Superboy will die in the Return to Krypton story arc and that the book will continue with the adventures of John Lane Kent the son of Superman and Lois Lane

Superboy, meanwhile, will make the ultimate sacrifice to save the world in Issue #25. From Issue #26 on, Superboy will be about the adventures of John Lane Kent, the son of Lois and Clark that the first Superboy was cloned from. That book will be written by Marv Wolfman.

I'm not sure how I feel about this....the preFlashpoint Superboy was one of my all time favorite characters and I've made it no secret that I really don't care for what Lobdell has done with him in the New 52...he's a completely different character than the one I loved so with this news I should be happy but I feel that it takes the character even further from the one that we knew prior to Flashpoint

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@danhimself: I'll be honest, I don't know how I feel about it either.I checked the solicits earlier and it says Superboy 26 will be about Superboy with the Teen Titans in the future. It also raises the question if Scott Lobdell is joking or not? & If he's not when does Krypton Returns take place? Before or After Forever Evil? This announcement leaves us with so many questions, well for me at least.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saoakden: I don't know...the way it reads on Newsarama it doesn't seem like there's much of a joke there just information....like I said I don't like the idea of either of them but at least the clone had one thing in common with the PreFlashpoint Superboy

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm unhappy about this on many levels.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I like that Wolfman is taking over but I still don't know how I feel about the rest

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I can't even manage to be mad at this. I mean I know the person who will supposedly be dying in Return of Krypton looks like Conner and fills his role but it's not Conner, hell he's not even called Conner and he's done nothing to make me like him as a character since the new 52 began. I don't want him dead but yeah I want him out of the way, only replacing him with John isn't any better. On one hand now no more damage can be done to the character, on the other hand he can't be developed back into he used to be anymore either. No matter what happens it looks like the Conner I knew is gone for good. I will check out the new stuff for Wolfman's writing but I really don't expect to like it

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dernman

@danhimself: I have no interest in yet another Kryptonian especially with the similar powers. Not only that I have no interest in a alternate/possible future John Lane Kent who by the way has been established as a villain. Even if he was a hero I wouldn't be. New 52 Superboy did have his problems but he was totally fixable and one of the things I liked about him was he was back to the tactile telekinesis. Not just another copy. I hated Superboy prime and it almost feels they are going back to that.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By the_tree

@dernman said:

Seriously. Pre-Flashpoint Superboy was awesome, and the New 52 has just taken the time to s### all over him. I guess that won't be ending anytime soon.

Lobdell is poison to the DC universe.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Only no this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@dernman said:

Seriously. Pre-Flashpoint Superboy was awesome, and the New 52 has just taken the time to s### all over him. I guess that won't be ending anytime soon.

Ya he was. I was hoping DC would eventually merge Pre-flashpoint's personality with New 52 type power. So Superboy wasn't much of a hit in the 52. Do they fix him? No they throw him out the window and bring this terrible idea.

I'm really hoping this is temporary.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_tree

@dernman said:

@the_tree said:

@dernman said:

Ya he was. I was hoping DC would eventually merge Pre-flashpoint's personality with New 52 type power. So Superboy wasn't much of a hit in the 52. Do they fix him? No they throw him out the window and bring this terrible idea.

Yeah, instead of them trying to "fix" their problems by some bland, contrived nonsense, how about they fix them by implementing good freaking writing?

I keep saying this, and it may sound like an odd thing to do, but DC needs another Crisis or something to sort out their problems. Merge the good of the new and old universes and forget the bulls### ever happened. I, for one can't wait for "Reverse Flashpoint". LOL.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@dernman said:

@the_tree said:

@dernman said:

Yeah, instead of them trying to "fix" their problems by some bland, contrived nonsense, how about they fix them by implementing good freaking writing?

I keep saying this, and it may sound like an odd thing to do, but DC needs another Crisis or something to sort out their problems. Merge the good of the new and old universes and forget the bulls### ever happened. I, for one can't wait for "Reverse Flashpoint". LOL.

I'm probably wrong but I actually think they might be building up to at least a small something that changes things. There is that rumor that DC is building up to Twilight of the Superheroes. The Booster Gold thing where he says things that are happening are happening wrong and trying to change it. Plus the Multiversity event that's going to happen. There were other clues also but it's all just speculation on my part.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

@dernman said:

They're making a habit out of that. They think Lobo is 2 dimensional? No problem he's gone! What? Developing him into a character they like more while keeping his core and experiences so the fans will be happy? What kind of dumb idea is that when you can replace him with so much less work and thought! Really this is all the new52 as a whole is. They had a problem with the old universe and instead of working to rectify this by asking the writers to try and keep things accessible they just started over.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Yeah, I've read about that, as well as the plot details. It'd make for an interesting Elseworlds ala Kingdom Come, but it just doesn't work in continuity.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Words cannot explain how furious I am about this. I know I hate on the New 52 a lot, maybe people notice it maybe they don't, but this is just an example of how horrible it is. I'm surprised no one has really come out and said this yet in here but this is 100% a REBOOT of another character in the New 52, this time Superboy is the victim. Connor Kent was amazing in the Pre-Flashpoint world and we lost that. Superboy was FIXABLE to say the least in the New 52 but instead of fixing this issue DC decides to kill it and reboot with another character "but he's kind of the same because he's Superboy too." Whats worse is that this is the son of Supes and Lois from the future, UGH. John Lane Kent? No, thanks, I want Connor Kent.

I apologize if I'm severely overreacting in peoples eyes but DC was the greatest thing to me Pre-Flashpoint and ever since the reboot it has disappointed me more than it has pleased me.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: No complaints from me, brother. I totally feel you. I'm basically hanging onto DC by a thread.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: I think what really bothers me if that this whole thing feels so X-Men like to me. I love the X-Men but this whole "the cloned son from the future" from DC is just too much for me.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_tree

@the_tree: I think what really bothers me if that this whole thing feels so X-Men like to me. I love the X-Men but this whole "the cloned son from the future" from DC is just too much for me.

Not surprising as Lobdell was a big X-Men writer in the 90's.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself

I think that after letting this stew for a little bit that I'm pretty much done with DC...I mean 99% of my favorite characters from them don't exist anymore....Superboy, Superman, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake....all gone...the Stephanie Brown news from today sounds great but I kind of feel like it's too little too late

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey it's nice to see ppl here besides me here for once,and I'm glad Lobdell's "joke" getting ppl talking,but I don't see it happening.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SandMan_

Might as well do it anyway. Lobdell needs to move out of the Superman line...seriously.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By stephens2177

@sandman_: I don't mind Lobdell on one Superman book,but not controlling the line.

Superboy needs to be fixed,a soft reboot,done in universe.

Personality-could be changed at anytime,just write it,and it changes

Origin- lex creates superboy,Harvest comes back steals him while he is put in prison,and then recreates him with Jon lane kent,who he imprints with the idea that he is supermans actual son.

Look- I like Brett booths redesign,he used it in the doomsday villian month book,but I know ppl like the t shirt and jeans look,so go that route.its just changing his clothes,not hard.

Powers-he saves the world,technically dead,superman takes him to the fortress of solitude where he gives him a blood transfusion,that heals him instantly,which dissolves his tattoo,and starts making his body faster,stronger,and harder,but also limits his TTK,he loses the full "no touch" TK,he has to touch something to manipulate and sense things now.

Story/location- he leaves the Titans,has Kara join the team.he decides to move away from the Titans,his parents(once removed),and NOWHERE,to Hawaii,where he thinks he can escape all the stress of his life,but in reality he lands right in a hidden NOWHERE base,where he searches it he finds a young alien girl named Megan,it's Ms.Martian.Conner and Megan understand each other like no one has done before in their lives,they bond,and things move on from there.

This is how to fix it,now DC get off your asses and do it.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad DC didnt rip the idea of a Young Justice version of Superboy. Hell they could have even paired him with Miss Martian, but im not gonna rant about Young Justice and be one of "those" people.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey it's nice to see ppl here besides me here for once,and I'm glad Lobdell's "joke" getting ppl talking,but I don't see it happening.

it wasn't a joke...you should check out the January solicits

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Can DC stop letting awful writers ruin characters to the point of no return? Thxs

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

: @hushofthewind: that would be great IF they went one step further with him,season three he gets his aging problem fixed,and he continues to mutate,and he develops TTK.this version uses it to fly,manipulate things close to him,has a TK vision blast,and can scan the entire EM spectrum instantly,that would be perfect to me.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SandMan_

But he will be back, characters like that don't stay dead.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he will do the same thing superman and pre reboot superboy did,be dead,then over time heal,and comeback.i do believe he will be back way faster than either if them tough,maybe even to the point of showing him dead,then a spark of life in him right a way.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

But he will be back, characters like that don't stay dead.

Unless you're Matrix Supergirl.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends of they want to keep Jon lane kent around,because if he stays then THIS kon-el will be the one we keep also,but if they get rid of Jon,then DC can just erase THIS kon ala Cir-el,and create a new one who everyone will see as the first one

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok i'm getting sick of the new 52 doing this worse is that they will kill off nightwing too. Superboy prime was/is my fave superboy but i liked pre flash point conner so much and his relationship cassie too.Now they do this i would prefer if they let a off spring from wonder woman and super man be the new superboy then why bring this kid who is already seen as a villain.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: say what?

Kon-el will either die and not comeback,die and comeback after he heals,or get erased from time and it will open the door for a proper superboy clone in the future.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like a stupid and terrible idea. I hate the idea of Superman and Lois having a kid and i actually liked the New 52 version of Kon-El.

I HATE THIS CHANGE

If they want to make someone up and throw them in there as Superboy then they should just take a Wonder Woman/Superman offspring. He could be trained in Themysceria's fighting style as well as Kryptonian fighting styles. (Actually on second thought i would want him to have there lineage and maybe Wonder womans weapons but not the training)

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most important part to me is that they don't need to kill off one character to "push" another character.

Call one Superboy and one Scion,and write both the best you can.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post 23,27,and 31 are some ideas

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.