Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1734 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Could Superboy Spin Off of Smallville?

• 99 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
        He'll be rocking the under-stated civies over the leather jacket and excess of belts he debuted with.
     He'll be rocking the under-stated civies over the leather jacket and excess of belts he debuted with.

I always looked at SMALLVILLEas basically being a Superboy show with a different name anyway... 

TVLine’s got the scoop that not only is Michael Rosenbaum returning to the show as Lex Luthor, he’s also bringing a clone with him. Unnatural lil' Alexander has a name that’s an obvious nod to the good-or-bad red head from Earth 2, but he’s got additional connections to another heavyweight in Supes’ mythos - - Superboy. Or Conner Kent. Or Kon-El. He goes by a lot of names. To me, it was a little uncomfortably (and unintentionally?) Freudian for this kid to be revealed as a clone of both Supes and Luthor   - - effectively making him their son - - but the show’s apparently going to be following that same route in its plot. 

All the fans know that the producers have long been discussing the possibility of doing a spin-off show. If I were calling the shots, I’d turn the whole thing into a riff on THE BRAVE & THE BOLD or SHOWCASEan anthology where characters would swap the front seat on a by-episode or by-arc basis. They’ve already established a whole stable of actors identified with basically every hero in the DCU... why not keep using them? == TEASER ==

No Caption Provided

However, G-Man brought up the possibility that the introduction of Superboy so late in the game might actually be planting the seeds for a spin-off starring the Metropolis kid. It’s been about 20 years since the last live-action show, but I could see it working. Between YOUNG JUSTICE and the LEGION cartoon, you’ve certainly got a whole generation of kids who’re acclimated to the notion of a Superman Jr. With the Smallville cast and locations already established, a spin-off could easily continue the production, on a smaller scale, if necessary.

What do you maniacs think? Could it work? If you were sitting in the all-important chair, would you let SMALLVILLE end with this finale or would you continue it through spin-offs? If so, just how would you do it?

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Ha ha ha. No. Not that I don't like Conner but Superboy with the Smallville treatment? Pass.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

...I hate Smallville.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

I don't think it is a bad idea for a Superboy Spin-Off series to begin after this. There's just two things that bother me. 
    This would mean that Lucas Gabreel (High School Musical star) will be the star of the show. The problem is, how is "Ma Kent" going to be portrayed here if she's a Senator in the Smallville universe. 
    There's also the fact that the motherly figure for this Superboy is Tess Mercer (Lutessa Mercer Luthor) an original character... 

I really want to see where they go with this...

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Omega-Man

Ugh No thanks, WB have already ruined Superman why do it to Superboy? any real fan of Superman would cringe at the fact and mention of Smallville only reason it's still on going is because of drama freaks and not fans of the hero. I hated Smallville because they changed so much and yeah now adays we have that "It's a different Earth" thing but that shouldn't be an excuse as to pumping this rubbish out.

I say let Smallville die, and it's not because I hate the show but because it shouldn't be on going as it has been. I loved Legion of Superheroes the cartoon and that only went one for two seasons why not continue that? or make a new Superman show and keep it closer to what we all know and love. It's not that hard.

Ontherun1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ontherun1994

This would be bad-ass. With a few cameo appearances by Tom Welling as Superman, this show could have potential to Smallville's replacement. 

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I don't why everyone hates on Smallville because it's probably the best live-action superhero show ever  next to Lois and Ckark: The New Adventures of Superman and I would like see a spin-off featuring Superboy especially done in the style of Smallville.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

#7  Edited By Duo_forbidden

I love Smallville, but I gotta pass on this idea.

GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GOUKI

Ill take a pass on that...
     ill stick with cartoon superboy

do a live action batman series or something...
     time to let smallville go.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kurrent

Superboy show would be great!! Plus we might get to finally see a live action Tim Drake...they already have a Bart Allen going in Smallville and that means Teen Titans episode with Geoff Johns writing it

Legatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Legatus

I love Smallville, but every good thing must eventually come to an end.   
    And spin-offs? Nah, bad idea...
    Better start something new.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

So they are having Superboy on Smallville when he hasn't even become Superman yet to inspire a clone to become Superboy.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think that could be interesting. I love superboy and smallville. So, lets see what they both can bring to the table. 

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnny_spam
    @ArtisticNeedham:@ArtisticNeedham said:
    " So they are having Superboy on Smallville when he hasn't even become Superman yet to inspire a clone to become Superboy. "
    As annoying as that whole Blur name is and as bad as the two costumes have been the saving grace is on the show he is already a superhero (albeit invisible hero), the S does have resonance in universe and could inspire someone as it has on the show.
    elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By elayem98
    @Duo_forbidden said:
    " I love Smallville, but I gotta pass on this idea. "
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Ontherun1994 said:
    " This would be bad-ass. With a few cameo appearances by Tom Welling as Superman, this show could have potential to Smallville's replacement.  "
    Tom Welling probably would since he is most likely producing it if this ends up happening.
    moffattbooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By moffattbooks

honestly just let Smallville end...don't want to risk total burnout on the S. Given the lackluster interest in Birds of Prey, Aquaman, the Graysons and no interest in a live action Batman series (serious one), it's just better to end now.  Then revisit the idea in several years when fans are eager for new Superhero shows.  Learn from other franchise's mistakes and get out now while people still like Smallville in season 10 

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RalfvdH

nah.... especially not if he looks like dorky-dung-da as on that picture

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Would much more like to see a Batman style show  or a reboot of Birds of Prey 
    :D

SinfulPrincelv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SinfulPrincelv

There is part of me that really wants this potential spin off to be, But there i the other part of me that really doesn't. I have been watching Smallville since day one. I love the way the show took the early years of Superman and gave it a CW spin. I was hooked! But I am not sure about the idea of a Conner spin-off. I love the show and trust me when I say I was praying for the rumored 11th season. They have done great stories and given me a new perspective on many DCU characters that I never really thought about. I am hoping that if they do this spin-off they do keep the other DCU characters that they have from Smallville, i.e. Chloe Sullivan.

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kimeraevet

Really?  A Superboy in Smallville spinoff?  I do not need nor do I want this, especially after hearing how horrible the Wonder Woman show is sounding.  Isn't it time we gave some screen presence to characters that haven't actually been seen regularly?  How about a Captain Marvel show with a little Billy Batson living on the street and learning the ins and outs of superheroics.  The Superman/Shazam animated short was awesome and deserves some kind of live action version.  Honestly, right now I would prefer a Plastic Man show to anything dealing with Smallville.  That show died back in the day when that cute teleporting blonde girl got dismissed by Clark for the overbearing and annoyingly nosy Lana.  Superman seriously fell down the hero ladder on that one.

LordDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordDeath

oh please, don't do it, just stop. No Superman, no Young Justice, no Tim Drake, no Cassie - isn't it, Warner Bro and DC? Then whatta hell a Superboy could be there? The next EmoBoy? Thanks,  we're fed up with the previous. 

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarkShadows

I like Smallville, but I don't want a Superboy spin-off series...

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Darkmount1

FYI on the article-Alexander Luthor, Jr. (who is referred to in the 2nd paragraph) was from Earth-3, not Earth-2. 

And I actually applaud the risk they're taking here. I always think it's a milestone if they've managed to get a character not too well-known with the general public the live-action treatment. And this IS the first live-action appearance of Kon-El.... 

And I also love it when actors usually associated with Disney (like Mr. Gabreel here) break away from that company's standards.  This is a BIG step.
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's gritty enough to be successful, plus the process of becoming an iconic figure in the DC televized universe wouldn't be difficult. The reinvention process could involve other superheroes (for instance, veteran Green Arrow), anti-heroes, minor villains and maybe different locales.
    I would like this to flesh out because if it makes Superman fanboys who accept the Superman movies as lore angry, so be it. Nothing will ever excuse the plastic-wrap es Kal-El threw in the second movie. I also want Krypto to fly.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By redmanta

they should have krypto i n the show
    Terrific_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Terrific_T
    @kimeraevet said:
    " Really?  A Superboy in Smallville spinoff?  I do not need nor do I want this, especially after hearing how horrible the Wonder Woman show is sounding.  Isn't it time we gave some screen presence to characters that haven't actually been seen regularly?  How about a Captain Marvel show with a little Billy Batson living on the street and learning the ins and outs of superheroics.  The Superman/Shazam animated short was awesome and deserves some kind of live action version.  Honestly, right now I would prefer a Plastic Man show to anything dealing with Smallville.  That show died back in the day when that cute teleporting blonde girl got dismissed by Clark for the overbearing and annoyingly nosy Lana.  Superman seriously fell down the hero ladder on that one. "
    Oh, you mean Alicia, the girl that went homicidal and stalked Clark and tried to kill Lana. I have no idea why he would choose Lana over her. 

Anyway, I don't think a spin-off is going to happen. I think Smallville is gonna end this season and that'll be that.
    Technoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Technoman

I could see that. It could be cool.

supercoolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By supercoolboy

i think it could work with a bit of tweaking, having a different actor to play kon-el, thats where they could start, maybe have him do a superman from before he became superman and have him go around the world, saving folks and that, nothing set in smallville, metropolis and that, have him run into other heroes, teams and things, have him carve his own path, if that don't work mayber a  
    mon-el tv series, or as in a earlier comment a shazam/captain marvel tv series, maybe something like a green lantern/green arrow tv series, that would be fab, have green arrow married to black canary, roy harper as his sidekick, appearences from a few other DC characters(superman[voice on screen or shadow], other green lanterns, a version of the flash, martian manhunter) we could be in a for a good series if it was ever brought up, theres numerous possibilites out there for many live action DC series, a Kon-el tv series would be a good example of course, nothing that actually mentions smallville at all, could happen, could not happen, who knows....
    Spides69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Spides69

if they do a spin-off then both shows has to blend with each other.
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Superboy might be a possiblity.....for where Smallville leaves us at Season 10. We enter the New Gods (mostly the ones of APOKOLIPS), but not NEW GENISIS. If Superboy would become an actual show, I would like to see KNOCKOUT, BIG BARDA, MR. MIRACLE, ORION, LIGHTRAY, hIGH-FATHER, METRON, and the FOREVER PEOPLE.
    If possible......we might experience more comic book characters/teams like THE GUARDIAN, ROBBY REED/DIAL H FOR HERO......

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Toastalchemist

I'd rather a different character like Green Arrow get a spinoff. 

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jayskee

i'd watch it
    Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#33  Edited By The Impersonator

Wait a minute. I thought the Lex clone was being used for Darkseid's vessel. So that means Lex Luthor is actually alive. 

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheMess1428
    @sora_thekey said:
    " I don't think it is a bad idea for a Superboy Spin-Off series to begin after this. There's just two things that bother me. This would mean that Lucas Gabreel (High School Musical star) will be the star of the show. The problem is, how is "Ma Kent" going to be portrayed here if she's a Senator in the Smallville universe. There's also the fact that the motherly figure for this Superboy is Tess Mercer (Lutessa Mercer Luthor) an original character...  I really want to see where they go with this... "
    Not to mention the fact that Michael Rosenbaum would really need to stick around as Lex if they did it.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheMess1428
    hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hulk_beyond

the only good thing about this or any other appearances by Superboy is that we get to see the different points in Superman's life Kon could've showed up and the different ways Kon could've turned out. He could be the emo/angry kid portrayed in Young Justice or taken a more villainous route from the beginning.

zj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zj

While I think Smallville has improved drastically from the first couple seasons, the idea of a Superboy spinoff doesn't excite me.  I'm not a big fan of the clone in general, and I don't think that Smallville will have created enough of a Superman mythos backstory that would be necessary for the character to make enough sense to carry a series. 

I think Smallville has had a really good run.  But if you pull too much milk out of the cash cow, the audience will get lactose intolerant.  Give it a rest.
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ssejllenrad

I don't want this but seriously, do any of you think it will make a difference what comicbook fans want as opposed to what could be milked? 

I mean how long have the comicbook fans been clamoring for a superman suit in Smallville? Or even his ability to fly? Did they listen? No.... They only dragged the series so long so they could milk more money out of it. What's important to producers these days (and practically at that) is what the ignorant majority could accept and digest. From that they'll get revenues.

If they see this spin-off has money-making potential then they'll do it. If it flops then they'll cancel it. Who cares how blatantly they'll rape the characters? Not them, for sure!

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Mbecks14

Not if Superboy is Lucas Gabrell

manofsteel42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By manofsteel42

What?! they had Superboy on Smallville!? (I stopped watching after Laura Vandervoort left) and they didnt call me for the part!? Is it cause I have brown eyes instead of blue? come on man you gave Jessica Alba blue contacts and a blonde weave!...and I would have worked for free too! 

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

If they absolutely have to do this it must be Zac Efron as Conner.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DH69

gimme a green arrow spin off and lets the superboys go play on the moon...

Darth Malek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Darth Malek

is this pic real?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bestostero

No. Let's not do that...

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By Silkcuts
    @xhavoc86 said:
    " No. Let's not do that... "
    agreeed
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NightFang3
    @DarkShadows said:
    " I like Smallville, but I don't want a Superboy spin-off series... "
    nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nefarious

No.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By leokearon

Dear god no
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Magian

Hmm... It depends. I think he will be used as a host for Darkseid.

tbpinkfloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tbpinkfloyd

This has to be the nerdiest and meekest looking Superboy ever. Sorry to hate, but look at him!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.