Who should play Storm next?

Avatar image for passionflower
#151 Posted by PassionFlower (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the best thing would be to cast an unknown and let the character build.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#152 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Probably the best thing would be to cast an unknown and let the character build.

I would love to see a gorgeous African actress get brought into the scene. Seriously, that continent has good looking people with talent, just like North America....step up movie people!

Avatar image for hawk2916
#153 Posted by HAWK2916 (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea i would too. There just dont seem to be many known actresses but thats why they screen I guess. On a side note part of me thinks Rihanna could pull off the role

Avatar image for jalysia
#154 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@HAWK2916 said:

Yea i would too. There just dont seem to be many known actresses but thats why they screen I guess. On a side note part of me thinks Rihanna could pull off the role

2842250-nnmdd0jpg.gif
Avatar image for crash_recovery
#155 Posted by Crash_Recovery (855 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

Avatar image for decoy_elite
#156 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

What a logical and interesting opinion. 
Shame that you basically just covered yourself in blood and threw yourself at a pile of wolves by stating it.  
On topic: I don't know any actresses, let alone any that'd be good for playing Storm. >.>
Avatar image for jalysia
#157 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

Okay, but can the same logic be applied to other characters who have also been in the previous X-men films?

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#158 Posted by jhazzroucher (20391 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

Because she is one of the x-men trinity.

Avatar image for crash_recovery
#159 Posted by Crash_Recovery (855 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jalysia said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

Okay, but can the same logic be applied to other characters who have also been in the previous X-men films?

YES. And it should be.

@jhazzroucher said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

Because she is one of the x-men trinity.

NO. That's crazy talk. There is no X-Men trinity.

Avatar image for evilvegeta74
#160 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: @poisonfleur:

I just threw this out there! i really dont know!

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#161 Posted by jhazzroucher (20391 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

@Jalysia said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

Okay, but can the same logic be applied to other characters who have also been in the previous X-men films?

YES. And it should be.

@jhazzroucher said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

Because she is one of the x-men trinity.

NO. That's crazy talk. There is no X-Men trinity.

what i mean is that she is one of the most popular x-men characters

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#162 Posted by jhazzroucher (20391 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher:

I just threw this out there! i really dont know!

OMG! Beyonce really looks beautiful as Storm. : )

Avatar image for warlock2792
#163 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

1. The movie's canon states she's one of XAVIER'S first picks.....and I don't feel that they should ruin that any further

2. They cast Rogue and Iceman.........................................................Rogue

Avatar image for passionflower
#164 Posted by PassionFlower (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher:

I just threw this out there! i really dont know!

OMG! Beyonce really looks beautiful as Storm. : )

I love Bey that's my girl.

Avatar image for passionflower
#165 Posted by PassionFlower (969 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Bey all hail the BeyHive but I don't see her as Storm.

Avatar image for evilvegeta74
#166 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: @jhazzroucher:

Check the pic at the bottom, I don't know who that is

Avatar image for warlock2792
#167 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

I love Bey all hail the BeyHive but I don't see her as Storm.

I love her too...........her acting is...............but I love her though

Avatar image for passionflower
#168 Posted by PassionFlower (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

I love Bey all hail the BeyHive but I don't see her as Storm.

I love her too...........her acting is...............but I love her though

Lol, I enjoyed her movie with Idris Elba... I enjoy anything with Idris Elba...

Avatar image for evilvegeta74
#169 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: The lady at the bottom of this page is the best fit I just can't tell who she is, I know the one at the top but the one at the botttom gets my vote!

Avatar image for passionflower
#170 Posted by PassionFlower (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@PassionFlower: @jhazzroucher:

Check the pic at the bottom, I don't know who that is

She looks vaguely familiar...

Avatar image for passionflower
#171 Posted by PassionFlower (969 posts) - - Show Bio

The look is good.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
#172 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (641 posts) - - Show Bio

My first though upon reading the title of this thread was Zoe Saldana, but from what I saw in Django Unchained, I think Kerry Washington would also be an excellent choice.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#173 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

I love Bey all hail the BeyHive but I don't see her as Storm.

I love her too...........her acting is...............but I love her though

Lol, I enjoyed her movie with Idris Elba... I enjoy anything with Idris Elba...

........................You and me BOTH.lol

@evilvegeta74 said:

@poisonfleur: The lady at the bottom of this page is the best fit I just can't tell who she is, I know the one at the top but the one at the botttom gets my vote!

They are the same woman

Avatar image for warlock2792
#174 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermonkey2099 said:

My first though upon reading the title of this thread was Zoe Saldana, but from what I saw in Django Unchained, I think Kerry Washington would also be an excellent choice.

She is extremely talented

Avatar image for poisonfleur
#175 Posted by poisonfleur (3802 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@poisonfleur: The lady at the bottom of this page is the best fit I just can't tell who she is, I know the one at the top but the one at the botttom gets my vote!

Ladies and Gentlemen, We have our winner! This woman is perfect for Storm. I hope she is tall enough and can act (And maybe pull off a punk look-- lol)! She looks perfect! She gets my vote!

Who is she, she looks soo, soo familiar.

Avatar image for thedude123
#176 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

Avatar image for thedude123
#177 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

On topic; There's your storm right here:

2844007-46492l.jpg
Avatar image for blood1991
#178 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

I don't think Danai Gurira is ugly, and I think she has done a great job with the role.

off topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway I'm not feeling Kerry Washington and Beyonce is a no from me too.So I still think Zoe is the best choice right now.

Avatar image for thedude123
#179 Edited by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

I don't think Danai Gurira is ugly, and I think she has done a great job with the role.

off topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway I'm not feeling Kerry Washington and Beyonce is a no from me too.So I still think Zoe is the best choice right now.

That is just a really good professional picture of her. The picture below is what she really looks like. She is quite unattractive. A good actress yes and plays the part well, but not at all pretty and is ugly to me. I mean. i am sure she is a great person and is very talented, but I am not attracted to her in the least bit and to me she is homely.

2844050-amc_danai_gurira_large.jpg

Zoe just doesn't look the part of Storm. Zoe is cute but Storm is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. Plus Zoe has no bewbs and is super-slim and Storm has ample breasts and is curvaceous.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#180 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

I don't think Danai Gurira is ugly, and I think she has done a great job with the role.

off topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway I'm not feeling Kerry Washington and Beyonce is a no from me too.So I still think Zoe is the best choice right now.

I don't think she's ugly either. However, the more African a woman starts to look, the harder it may be for her to gain an audience that believes that she is beautiful/gorgeous/sexy. That's why Storm will never look like she's Kenyan in most media. The lighter the better.

Avatar image for evilvegeta74
#181 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagnificentStorm:

The top pick

Avatar image for warlock2792
#182 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

I re-submit Phina Oruche

2844098-190px_gabby_sharpe.jpg
2844099-1088957_phina_oruche_super.jpg
2844100-mv5bmtg4ntq4mtmxmv5bml5banbnxkftztcwndqynzcymq__._v1._sx450_sy695_.jpg
2844101-phina_oruche_4450_photo_large_3.jpg

And she's the closest to having the accent down anyways.lol

Avatar image for evilvegeta74
#183 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage:

Angela bassett, and we don't have to worry about the accent thats why they are actors. This lady can play any role in Hollywood!

Avatar image for warlock2792
#184 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@White Mage:

Angela bassett, and we don't have to worry about the accent thats why they are actors. This lady can play any role in Hollywood!

I've been in support of this since the very beginning.......they're not going to do it....but I've been in support of it.lol

Though the accent part was a joke, I'm dead serious about the tone of voice really mattering to me.lol I need a medium to deep voice....That's possibly my biggest issue with Halle

Avatar image for x_29
#185 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Angela Basset

Avatar image for itsdaveyj
#186 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always said Kerry is perfect for it. Her voice is a bit high and she is a bit short but... those kinds of things never stopped Hugh Jackman from being a good Wolverine did it?

Avatar image for poisonfleur
#187 Posted by poisonfleur (3802 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

I re-submit Phina Oruche

2844098-190px_gabby_sharpe.jpg
2844099-1088957_phina_oruche_super.jpg
2844100-mv5bmtg4ntq4mtmxmv5bml5banbnxkftztcwndqynzcymq__._v1._sx450_sy695_.jpg
2844101-phina_oruche_4450_photo_large_3.jpg

And she's the closest to having the accent down anyways.lol

OMG-- It's Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2!!

Avatar image for blood1991
#188 Edited by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

2844050-amc_danai_gurira_large.jpg

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

I don't think Danai Gurira is ugly, and I think she has done a great job with the role.

off topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway I'm not feeling Kerry Washington and Beyonce is a no from me too.So I still think Zoe is the best choice right now.

That is just a really good professional picture of her. The picture below is what she really looks like. She is quite unattractive. A good actress yes and plays the part well, but not at all pretty and is ugly to me. I mean. i am sure she is a great person and is very talented, but I am not attracted to her in the least bit and to me she is homely.

Zoe just doesn't look the part of Storm. Zoe is cute but Storm is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. Plus Zoe has no bewbs and is super-slim and Storm has ample breasts and is curvaceous.

I still don't find her ugly, but hey Beauty is subjective. The issue with getting a woman who looks like Storm is there are few well known talented women in the industry that even remotely look like her, but I've never thought Storm was exceptionally curvy. At least not compared to some other women in comics.

@White Mage: I've heard people complain about that from time, to time, but she was created in the 70's and compared to then she does get drawn darker in most cases. Besides she has blue eyes, white hair, and sports a mohawk. So I wouldn't say she is really like any other representation period and I feel that is what helped her branch out from being a "black" character into being a great character. She defied steryotypes set by primarily white writers to be her own entity.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#189 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: ...................Well said.LOL I agree with you :)

Avatar image for blood1991
#190 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991: ...................Well said.LOL I agree with you :)

Thank you :D. I often feel when it comes to characters who are minorities that in an industry run primarily by white men, that representation is going to be tricky. A white guy isn't going to know what it is like to be a black woman no matter who he talks too or how much research he does. It doesn't mean he can't write one well, but that at points race and gender can identify your character either positively or negatively. Having minority characters are great, but having minority characters that represent stereotypes or are tokens quickly make the character a joke.

Avatar image for thedude123
#191 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

2844050-amc_danai_gurira_large.jpg

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

I don't think Danai Gurira is ugly, and I think she has done a great job with the role.

off topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway I'm not feeling Kerry Washington and Beyonce is a no from me too.So I still think Zoe is the best choice right now.

That is just a really good professional picture of her. The picture below is what she really looks like. She is quite unattractive. A good actress yes and plays the part well, but not at all pretty and is ugly to me. I mean. i am sure she is a great person and is very talented, but I am not attracted to her in the least bit and to me she is homely.

Zoe just doesn't look the part of Storm. Zoe is cute but Storm is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. Plus Zoe has no bewbs and is super-slim and Storm has ample breasts and is curvaceous.

I still don't find her ugly, but hey Beauty is subjective. The issue with getting a woman who looks like Storm is there are few well known talented women in the industry that even remotely look like her, but I've never thought Storm was exceptionally curvy. At least not compared to some other women in comics.

Indeed attractiveness is subjective. I do not find her beautiful in any way. It does not have to be a well know actress that has to play Storm as long as she is a good actress and is beautiful and looks the part. Storm is indeed curvaceous although a few representations of her are not:

2845270-storm114_1.jpg
Avatar image for warlock2792
#192 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991: ...................Well said.LOL I agree with you :)

Thank you :D. I often feel when it comes to characters who are minorities that in an industry run primarily by white men, that representation is going to be tricky. A white guy isn't going to know what it is like to be a black woman no matter who he talks too or how much research he does. It doesn't mean he can't write one well, but that at points race and gender can identify your character either positively or negatively. Having minority characters are great, but having minority characters that represent stereotypes or are tokens quickly make the character a joke.

I've grown to accept that representation is going to be tricky...it's frustrating at times, but I appreciate when an effort is given. For instance, Django Unchained was a good movie...by Quentin Tarantino.

Avatar image for blood1991
#193 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: I have yet to see it, but everyone says it was spectacular.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#194 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: I have yet to see it, but everyone says it was spectacular.

It's one of the best movies I've seen in a hot minute....well....at LEAST one of the best action movies I've seen in a hot minute

Avatar image for blood1991
#195 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: Now I wanna see it!

Avatar image for warlock2792
#196 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: Now I wanna see it!

It's really good...and action packed...and funny...and, of course, f*cked up

..............................................I really hope they cast a woman who's capable of evoking a feeling power and authority.

Avatar image for blood1991
#197 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: The Authority is HUGE to me. Halle Storm was so whiny when she lead. It was total bull sh!t. Begging Wolverine to behave himself *shaking my head*

Avatar image for warlock2792
#198 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: The Authority is HUGE to me. Halle Storm was so whiny when she lead. It was total bull sh!t. Begging Wolverine to behave himself *shaking my head*

.........................OMG, I HATE her voice!............for Storm

Avatar image for blood1991
#199 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: The Authority is HUGE to me. Halle Storm was so whiny when she lead. It was total bull sh!t. Begging Wolverine to behave himself *shaking my head*

.........................OMG, I HATE her voice!............for Storm

And Catwoman

Never forget

Avatar image for warlock2792
#200 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: The Authority is HUGE to me. Halle Storm was so whiny when she lead. It was total bull sh!t. Begging Wolverine to behave himself *shaking my head*

.........................OMG, I HATE her voice!............for Storm

And Catwoman

Never forget

I CAN'T forget!.............LORD

And S. Stone's stupid self is on my list too!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.