Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm is Marvel's Wonder Woman

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#101  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: ITs current WW so yes it does count.

no.no it doesnt. the battle between Diana and Ororo about took place over a decade ago where Wonder Woman was near light-speed movement and the like. its absolute freakin bull that Storm could take her out with a simple lightning bolt

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Lol I did an essay on Boy's toys versus Girl's toys and that was something I found incredibly alarming that really opened my eyes to what society teaches boys and girls how they should behave. I agree female characters should be given as much focus as the men especially with the industry reaching out in so many knew ways. Hell with Disney back Marvel they have 0 excuses on not giving Marvel's ladies a girls toy line or trying to promote the genre.

Yeah, I've noticed some things like that. Like toy cooking equipment being marketed only for girls, and things like that.

Disneys girls toys are all quite princessy though aren't they? I'd hope that they don't make the female characters merch too girly, if you know what I mean.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#103  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Walzo said:

@poisonfleur:

No, it's because they are both strong independent women.

1) She is not a nobody. She has appeared in various forms of media. The only reason Storm has appeared so much on TV is due to the fact that she is apart of the X-men. Neither are A-List though. She also currently has her own ongoing.

2) Okay?

3) Okay, sure, but once again, it's only due to her being in the X-men.

4)

No Caption Provided

1. sorry but even Jubilee, Psylocke, and all other female x-men members didn't have as much as exposure as Storm has. so don't say because Storm is part of the x-men that's why she appeared so much on all forms of media. Storm just is the preferred character to show up on most of them cos she's popular and easily recognizable and her powers are also interesting.

Jean Grey and Rogue came pretty close though. Jean Grey was only 0.25 points behind Storm, so it's not like Storm blew everyone else out of the water.

Based on his research. The only research which I would agree with him was the movie part.

But on video games: source: giantbomb.com, as of this month february, 2013

Storm: 42

Jean Grey: 27

Rogue: 21

lets's add:

Catwoman: 17

Wonder Woman: 11

In comic appearances: as of this month February, 2013

Storm (first appearance: May 1975) : 4,940

Jean Grey (first appearance: September, 1963) 3,977

Rogue (first appearance: August 1981) 3,407

Wonder Woman: (first appearance: December 1941) 4,140

Catwoman: (first appearance: April, 1940) 1,273

and on television. clearly, they forgot Storm showing up in spider-man and shi amazing friends, amazing spider-man on secret wars episode, Black panther cartoon series and super hero squad.

so it's not pretty close

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By butterflykyss

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

no.no it doesnt. the battle between Diana and Ororo about took place over a decade ago where Wonder Woman was near light-speed movement and the like. its absolute freakin bull that Storm could take her out with a simple lightning bolt

First off Diana has always has a weakness for lightning bolts. Secondly, storm can and has shot of several bolts of lightning in many directions before so unless she can phase like the Martian the Manhunter then she can be hit. She has been tagged by slower moving targets.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Blood1991

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Lol I did an essay on Boy's toys versus Girl's toys and that was something I found incredibly alarming that really opened my eyes to what society teaches boys and girls how they should behave. I agree female characters should be given as much focus as the men especially with the industry reaching out in so many knew ways. Hell with Disney back Marvel they have 0 excuses on not giving Marvel's ladies a girls toy line or trying to promote the genre.

Yeah, I've noticed some things like that. Like toy cooking equipment being marketed only for girls, and things like that.

Disneys girls toys are all quite princessy though aren't they? I'd hope that they don't make the female characters merch too girly, if you know what I mean.

Lol Pink Captain Marvel purses, and Purple Storm ones XD. I agree they still need to be superheros not just princesses in spandex.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Walzo said:

@poisonfleur:

1) She is not a nobody. She has appeared in various forms of media. The only reason Storm has appeared so much on TV is due to the fact that she is apart of the X-men. Neither are A-List though. She also currently has her own ongoing.

2) Okay?

4)

No Caption Provided

1. sorry but even Jubilee, Psylocke, and all other female x-men members didn't have as much as exposure as Storm has. so don't say because Storm is part of the x-men that's why she appeared so much on all forms of media. Storm just is the preferred character to show up on most of them cos she's popular and easily recognizable and her powers are also interesting.

Jean Grey and Rogue came pretty close though. Jean Grey was only 0.25 points behind Storm, so it's not like Storm blew everyone else out of the water.

Based on his research. The only research which I would agree with him was the movie part.

lets's add:

and on television. clearly, they forgot Storm showing up in spider-man and shi amazing friends, amazing spider-man on secret wars episode, Black panther cartoon series and super hero squad.

so it's not pretty close

I was talking about the points system put forward by the person who wrote the article. I thought that was the point of this thread.

Is you're reason for why she's "Marvels' Wonder Woman" just that she's appeared in the most things?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Walzo said:

@poisonfleur:

2) Okay?

4)

No Caption Provided

lets's add:

so it's not pretty close

I was talking about the points system put forward by the person who wrote the article. I thought that was the point of this thread.

Is you're reason for why she's "Marvels' Wonder Woman" just that she's appeared in the most things?

not only that of course but frequent appearances on all forms of media really matters

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

Lol Pink Captain Marvel purses, and Purple Storm ones XD. I agree they still need to be superheros not just princesses in spandex.

Purses would be alright, as long as the colour schemes matched the character. I think you do get superhero wallets.

But yeah, princesses in spandex would be a mistake. I'll bet a lot of people would buy it though.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Walzo said:

@poisonfleur:

2) Okay?

4)

No Caption Provided

lets's add:

so it's not pretty close

not only that of course but frequent appearances on all forms of media really matters

the writer emphasized WW's almost absence on movies

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By butterflykyss

@Walzo said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

Ms. Marvel should be Marvels Wonder Woman. Makes a lot more sense.

this

Yea why do you think it makes more sense that Ms. Marvel should be Marvel's Wonder Woman? I mean it would seem that by her 3rd on-going Marvel would want this as well, but curious why this makes sense when she doesn't have as nearly of the exposure as Ororo does.

Because she's currently co leading the Avengers, has her own ongoing, and also has appeared in various forms of media.

Storm appears in various forms of media because she is apart of the X-men, otherwise she wouldn't.

So.. basically she is relevant in terms of her connections to the Avengers, which if Storm is to be judged by the fact she is with the Xmen its common knowledge that the xmen are vastly more popular than the avengers so Storm even excels beyond ms. marvel here as well. And what various forms of media has she appeared in that makes her more deserving than Storm. Storm has been featured in more movies, games, comics, toys, even has her own theme park ride.

So since STorm is in the Xmen and she is popular because of this, wouldn't all the xmen be equally as popular based on that logic. And why isnt this same logic true for Ms. marvel who is only relevant due to her ties to the Avengers? Its the same difference. The only thing is between the two is that Ms. Marvel has an on-going, which the previous two had mediocre if not sub-mediocre success. Storm is leaps and bounds beyond Ms. Marvel in terms of exposure and popularity and this article indicates perfectly might I add just why that is the case. The proof is in the numbers..

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Walzo said:

@poisonfleur:

2) Okay?

4)

No Caption Provided

lets's add:

so it's not pretty close

If Storm's had so many appearances, and yet isn't nearly as iconic as Wonder Woman, can she really be called Marvels' Wonder Woman?

I don't know if Marvel really even has what you could call their own Wonder Woman.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Blood1991

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: It probably would. Might not be a bad idea if they wanted to bait in doll collectors, but having something like the classic covers would be ideal

Doll like but fully possible "my toy geek is showing hard"

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

First off Diana has always has a weakness for lightning bolts.

proof?

Secondly, storm can and has shot of several bolts of lightning in many directions before so unless she can phase like the Martian the Manhunter then she can be hit. She has been tagged by slower moving targets.

One thing to be hit, another to go down like a punk with one shot. and its Martian Manhunter. does the phrase "Martian The Manhunter make any sense at all"

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: It probably would. Might not be a bad idea if they wanted to bait in doll collectors, but having something like the classic covers would be ideal

I've seen them before, and they look pretty good. I think they did male characters in the same format.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Walzo said:

@poisonfleur:

2) Okay?

4)

No Caption Provided

lets's add:

so it's not pretty close

If Storm's had so many appearances, and yet isn't nearly as iconic as Wonder Woman, can she really be called Marvels' Wonder Woman?

I don't know if Marvel really even has what you could call their own Wonder Woman.

the fact is, she's been always tagged to the 2 of the msot popular comic characters; Superman and Batman and WW has her own ongoing but was defeated by Storm who wasn't been given much focus. what more if she's been focused, the gap between them would have been greater.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

proof?

Secondly, storm can and has shot of several bolts of lightning in many directions before so unless she can phase like the Martian the Manhunter then she can be hit. She has been tagged by slower moving targets.

One thing to be hit, another to go down like a punk with one shot. and its Martian Manhunter. does the phrase "Martian The Manhunter make any sense at all"

marvel vs dc crossover

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jhazzroucher said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

proof?

marvel vs dc crossover

not admissable. give me something from before or outside of it

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Blood1991

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

I've seen them before, and they look pretty good. I think they did male characters in the same format.

Yeah they had a great cast for it even though some of the head molds were fugly. I have Captain America, Hawkeye, and Storm.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Walzo said:

@poisonfleur:

2) Okay?

4)

No Caption Provided

lets's add:

so it's not pretty close

the fact is, she's been always tagged to the 2 of the msot popular comic characters; Superman and Batman and WW has her own ongoing but was defeated by Storm who wasn't been given much focus. what more if she's been focused, the gap between them would have been greater.

Tagged to Superman and Batman? I don't know what you mean by that.

More appearances doesn't make her a better or more iconic character.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#120  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is turning into the "Is Storm A-list thread".....

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By butterflykyss

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

proof?

Makes as much sense as avenging bolt. Moving on.. Sure want proof go through these pages:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/wonder-woman-and-super-man-vs-storm-and-thor/750845/?

Lightning hurts WW and that was pre and post 52... just like she has weakness for sharp objects. She is not invulnerable.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By butterflykyss

well it shouldn't... the autthor of the thread never said that Storm was Marvel's Wonder Woman. They investigate which Marvel lady would be close to that role, and it was through great logic proven that it was Storm. The numbers don't lie people.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

Yeah they had a great cast for it even though some of the head molds were fugly. I have Captain America, Hawkeye, and Storm.

It seems that they never made a Ms. Marvel one though. Ah well.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

Does that happen often? Like, a thread slowly becoming a duplicate thred?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Blood1991

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Nah Ms. Marvel wasn't popular in the 90's :/ Black Widow was there though.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Vance Astro said:

we're not talking about if she's alist or not.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By butterflykyss

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Vance Astro said:

no but some of the same reasons as to why she is equivalent to Wonder Woman are the same reasons people used there.

so lets stop talking about that... lets just point to the great reasons that were shown in the article. again the numbers don't lie.. i thought it was a fair and balanced approach

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Nah Ms. Marvel wasn't popular in the 90's :/ Black Widow was there though.

And if they started the line again, she'd be in her Captain Marvel suit, but I'd be alright with that.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Blood1991

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

And if they started the line again, she'd be in her Captain Marvel suit, but I'd be alright with that.

I'd prefer that. Not that I like the costume much, but I think it says alot about her progression as a character over the last decade.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By butterflykyss

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Vance Astro said:

i actually thought she would have been near the top for television appearances. i was quite shocked that jean took that

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By evilvegeta74
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

I'd prefer that. Not that I like the costume much, but I think it says alot about her progression as a character over the last decade.

How so?

I've only been reading comics for just over a year, so I don't know her entire publication history.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By butterflykyss
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By butterflykyss
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @butterflykyss said:

lets just point to the great reasons that were shown in the article. again the numbers don't lie.. i thought it was a fair and balanced approach

This an numbers based argument.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

proof?

Makes as much sense as avenging bolt.

It actually makes perfect sense. "Martian The Manhunter doesn't. unless your talking about a manhunter named martian"

Moving on.. Sure want proof go through these pages:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/wonder-woman-and-super-man-vs-storm-and-thor/750845/?

Lightning hurts WW and that was pre and post 52... just like she has weakness for sharp objects. She is not invulnerable.

it hurt her but it sure as hell didnt take her out in one strike. hell Disciple only took her out by turning her back into clay via magic. still plenty of opportunity for Diana to f*&^ Ororo up.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By butterflykyss

@Vance Astro said:

@butterflykyss said:

lets just point to the great reasons that were shown in the article. again the numbers don't lie.. i thought it was a fair and balanced approach

This an numbers based argument.

i agree it is subjective to what one deams "more" appropriate, but I am sure you can agree the approach was pretty fair, thought out, and logical right?

that is what i value the logic in it. you may disagree but when someone can formulate a thought beyone an opinion and point to qualitative reason why then i appreciate it a lot more

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher: Sorry but I'd say Carol Danver is Marvels Wonder Woman! http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/28/halle-berry-says-shes-almost-certainly-back-for-more-storm-in-x-men-days-of-future-past/

how credible is this.. i mean i hear nothing but bad things about bleedingcool

But if Halle returns as Storm in this movie this will be the 4th movie Storm has been featured in and still waiting on that number for Ms. Marvel..

So Storm will have been in four films, but Marvel doesn't believe in her enough to give her a solo title...?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Blood1991

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Ms. M was kind of a no name that Rogue all, but replaced. When she came back during House of M Marvel really pushed for her to be a big name character. She got her own series "didn't last long", she stood next to Marvel's biggest heroes and was never written to be lesser than them, she came with alot a great story potential let off from the 80's, and she and Jessica were developed side by side making both characters stronger. Compared to where she was Carol has grown leaps and bounds. In short she's come along way from being the female counter part of a character who is more famous for being dead than living.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By butterflykyss

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Storm had hit WW several times before she was KOd.. and she got zapped a couple times by OM before she was out too and it look to be continuous stream of lightning.. so.. again.. she can be taken out as shown by the scans which was my only point aside from her being tagged by slower moving opponents.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By evilvegeta74

@butterflykyss: You know that's not gonna happen, Carol will be lucky to get in the Avengers movie. Storm on the other hand should be in every legit Xmen movie. She's is and always will be an integral part of the Xmen in my book.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Ms. M was kind of a no name that Rogue all, but replaced. When she came back during House of M Marvel really pushed for her to be a big name character. She got her own series "didn't last long", she stood next to Marvel's biggest heroes and was never written to be lesser than them, she came with alot a great story potential let off from the 80's, and she and Jessica were developed side by side making both characters stronger. Compared to where she was Carol has grown leaps and bounds. In short she's come along way from being the female counter part of a character who is more famous for being dead than living.

Ah. I knew most of that. :P

50 Issues doesn't seem so bad. More than her previous series anyway.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By butterflykyss

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher: Sorry but I'd say Carol Danver is Marvels Wonder Woman! http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/28/halle-berry-says-shes-almost-certainly-back-for-more-storm-in-x-men-days-of-future-past/

But if Halle returns as Storm in this movie this will be the 4th movie Storm has been featured in and still waiting on that number for Ms. Marvel..

So Storm will have been in four films, but Marvel doesn't believe in her enough to give her a solo title...?

I don't know what Marvel thinks in regards to why they haven't given her a solo title. Now if you are asking my opinion, I don't believe that Marvel as a company feel that they can market a black and female character to a market heavily saturated with buyers who tend to be white and male. By all indication that would seem to be true. But look at what Marvel has allowed. 1.) They have given Ms. Marvel3 ongoings even though the first wto had mediocre sales, yet one of their most recognizable and iconic characters hasn't been given that same shot. 2.) They have Gambit a shot at an ongoing that isn't doing too well now; however, a character who was able to go toe to toe against DC's leading lady and beat her in essentially a popularity contest never got a chance to have her own solo title. To me the article was dead on when they stated it was a shame Storm hasn't gotten one. She deserves one based on all accounts of her presence in and out of the comics. So yes Storm will potentially be in four films, in all if not most X-men and non-Xmen related cartoons, in most X-men themed and non-xmen themed games, having her own ride yet she doesn't have a solo title.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Vance Astro said:

With Storm? All the time.

@butterflykyss said:

i agree it is subjective to what one deams "more" appropriate, but I am sure you can agree the approach was pretty fair, thought out, and logical right?

that is what i value the logic in it. you may disagree but when someone can formulate a thought beyone an opinion and point to qualitative reason why then i appreciate it a lot more

The approach isn't fair because Wonder Woman stands for more to DC than numbers can make sense of. The way this is broken down takes certain numbers and applies them FALSELY to what importance those characters have to a product or to Marvel as a whole.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Storm had hit WW several times before she was KOd.. and she got zapped a couple times by OM before she was out too and it look to be continuous stream of lightning.. so.. again.. she can be taken out as shown by the scans which was my only point aside from her being tagged by slower moving opponents.

i had forgotten. very well, i concede due to lack of evidence to the contrary.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By evilvegeta74

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel aka Captain Marvel has had several titles over the years, and never been cast in movies. I',m not trying to make a career comparison on C. Danvers and Storm's career, I'm comparing Wonder Womans Power set to C.Danvers which is why I said C. Danvers is Marvels Wonder Woman.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Blood1991

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

Ah. I knew most of that. :P

50 Issues doesn't seem so bad. More than her previous series anyway.

I think her success in that run is what cemented Marvel's wanting to promote her to be their number one. Not many female counter parts overshadow the male so she has an edge that She Hulk doesn't "but Red She Hulk might", Storm is risky and Marvel knows it. If they can't keep a black males solo going they don't figure they could keep a black woman's. Black Widow under the right team and with the right concept I think could hold a successful solo too. Rogue is a maybe in my eyes too. Having her be a mutant investigator could be interesting with her power set. Anyway power to Carol I hope she does well and Marvel catches up to DC's women one day.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By jhazzroucher
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By butterflykyss

@evilvegeta74 said:

@butterflykyss: You know that's not gonna happen, Carol will be lucky to get in the Avengers movie. Storm on the other hand should be in every legit Xmen movie. She's is and always will be an integral part of the Xmen in my book.

You don't think Carol will get a chance to be in the Avengers movie? I would think she might make an appearance in the second one at least. You make an interesting point though. if Carol was so essential to the team why wasn't she featured in their first movie. Storm sure as heck has been featured in most of the X-films aside from the wolverine and first class.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By butterflykyss

@Vance Astro said:

@butterflykyss said:

The approach isn't fair because Wonder Woman stands for more to DC than numbers can make sense of. The way this is broken down takes certain numbers and applies them FALSELY to what importance those characters have to a product or to Marvel as a whole.

Well I don't think the author intended their work to be a infallible science. Again, people may weigh having an on-going more important than being featured in a movie. However, television and movies, and even video games for that matter reach people a lot more then comics do and often times it is through these mediums that people even initially start reading the comics. So I disagree when you said it falsely represents what is important to them, because in the grand scheme all of these mediums bring these companies revenue which is the bottom line.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.