Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10157 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm breaks Doctor Strange's bands in Civil War 2 #5

• 118 results
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

Here it is...

No Caption Provided

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WastelandMan

Very stupid. Strange has held together team-busting robots and, briefly, the entirety of the Avengers in the Crimson Bands yet Storm manages to break them? I really hope this coincides with the early events of The Last Days of Magic where Strange's magic is failing or some other form of context is present otherwise this is pure bs.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jhazzroucher

@wastelandman said:

Very stupid. Strange has held together team-busting robots and, briefly, the entirety of the Avengers in the Crimson Bands yet Storm manages to break them? I really hope this coincides with the early events of The Last Days of Magic where Strange's magic is failing or some other form of context is present otherwise this is pure bs.

Maybe Strange didn't use the full power of the crimson bands but I still find it reasonable because Storm is one of the high priestesses, favored by Gaea, and one of her ancestors also became a sorceress supreme, which may have given Storm immunity to magic.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: I just want to make sure. Are you certain those are crimson bands?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WastelandMan

@jhazzroucher said:

Maybe Strange didn't use the full power of the crimson bands but I still find it reasonable because Storm is one of the high priestesses, favored by Gaea, and one of her ancestors also became a sorceress supreme, which may have given Storm immunity to magic.

Maybe. I guess we wont know for sure until the comic comes out so I suppose it is premature for any conclusion.

@jhazzroucher said:

@wastelandman: I just want to make sure. Are you certain those are crimson bands?

It could be the Roving Rings of Raggadorr, a less potent restrainment spell by Strange's own admission. They're visually similar and people have often confused the two.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's the crimson band, I;m going to consider this a Storm feat.:)

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@wastelandman said:

Yeah, thanks to Bendis flawless history of consistency, continuity and power levels we can trust there is a completely logical and valid reason for this.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mooty_Pass

This feat does make sense. However, Let's just wait and see what happens this is only ONE panel anyway.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it used to be a thing that Storm has mystical lineage and her mutant powers would burn out and she would become a sorceress. Possibly that she was a Falteen even. If they recalled that, this would be cool.

However, if it's just "lightning effects mysticism" or something then that's just stupid.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it used to be a thing that Storm has mystical lineage and her mutant powers would burn out and she would become a sorceress. Possibly that she was a Falteen even. If they recalled that, this would be cool.

However, if it's just "lightning effects mysticism" or something then that's just stupid.

Storm is powerful. :)

LilTWill2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe those are not the Crimson Bands, maybe it could be the Roving Rings of Raggador.

There are also times when Storm's mutant power runs out and she becomes a sorceress or something.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe those are not the Crimson Bands, maybe it could be the Roving Rings of Raggador.

There are also times when Storm's mutant power runs out and she becomes a sorceress or something.

Indeed/. :)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

YAAAASSSSSSS ALL.THE.YES!

Take that in your pipe and smoke it Doctor Strange!

The Court Mage MUST BOW BEFORE THE QUEEN!

The Sorcerer Supreme is NOTHING before a Goddess!

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy PIS Batman. Bendis doing a disservice to Dr. Strange? what are the odds.....

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is not as much PIS as people think about it, i'll explain.

In Dr. Strange's series it was shown that magic is nearly destroyed, magic is at its weakest now(there is basically no magic left anywhere), to a degree that Dr. Strange is now very weak wizard, capable of casting spells but not as potent as they once were, those spells are not even at half strength of their regular level(around 5% of their regular power).

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter: Seems like everyone is getting depowered for the sake of this story, first Thanos now Strange

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@crafter: Your right it's not really PIS as many people want to say, but then again it's a iffy

I wouldn't say Dr. Strange is weak we actually don't know when this Civil War started within the timeline. As for this feat Storm has magic potential within her, I mean it's not that far fetched for her to do what she did to Dr.Strange's Magic. She did fight an army of Magic Vibranium robots that Dr.Doom created.(Storm compared it as fighting Sentinels) Not to mention she can sense when Magic is messing up the atmosphere. However, on the other hand Dr.Strange can cast some powerful magic I have seen him hold some powerful people down with the Crimson Bands so not sure how Storm can break it..........so say lets just wait and see what happens LOL.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter: Seems like everyone is getting depowered for the sake of this story, first Thanos now Strange

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter said:

In Dr. Strange's series it was shown that magic is nearly destroyed, magic is at its weakest now(there is basically no magic left anywhere), to a degree that Dr. Strange is now very weak wizard, capable of casting spells but not as potent as they once were, those spells are not even at half strength of their regular level(around 5% of their regular power).

Regardless of that, Strange at his lowest could destroy Storm. I like both, but theres no way anything she does should affect him.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AkshSarpanch

No shit why Marvel is losing to DC in comics.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crafter

@incursion2 said:

Thanos was depowered with no explanation, at least it was explained why Strange is at his weakest.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I think I could excuse this since it appears Storm, yet again, just freaks out and Strange just happens to be in the path of her lightning... which breaks his concentration.

No idea how the people stuck with Ororo avoid being electrocuted however.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter: Your right it's not really PIS as many people want to say, but then again it's a iffy

I wouldn't say Dr. Strange is weak we actually don't know when this Civil War started within the timeline. As for this feat Storm has magic potential within her, I mean it's not that far fetched for her to do what she did to Dr.Strange's Magic. She did fight an army of Magic Vibranium robots that Dr.Doom created.(Storm compared it as fighting Sentinels) Not to mention she can sense when Magic is messing up the atmosphere. However, on the other hand Dr.Strange can cast some powerful magic I have seen him hold some powerful people down with the Crimson Bands so not sure how Storm can break it..........so say lets just wait and see what happens LOL.

Dr. Strange is in the same continuity as Civil War and other comics, Marvel doesn't have such problems with continuity, and if you read Dr. Strange's comics, you will see that magic was being destroyed by Empirikull since first issues, and it was shown that magic was in bad situation in All-New X-Men #8 a few issues before Civil War started.

So continuity wise Strange is at his weakest. Also just because he can cast the same spells doesn't mean they are as powerful as they were once were, there is not enough raw magic power left (there is basically no magic), so his spells and his power are at their weakest.

@crafter said:

Regardless of that, Strange at his lowest could destroy Storm. I like both, but theres no way anything she does should affect him.

Well, i agree with this, but then they needed to depower said characters, so they wouldn't end those events with handwaving, also because of that event that weakened Strange, it also weakened Scarlet Witch and any other magic user, so they won't end the event on their own.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter: Its just Bendis lowballing for the sake of this terrible event. I revile his writing as of late.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter said:

Dr. Strange is in the same continuity as Civil War and other comics, Marvel doesn't have such problems with continuity, and if you read Dr. Strange's comics, you will see that magic was being destroyed by Empirikull since first issues, and it was shown that magic was in bad situation in All-New X-Men #8 a few issues before Civil War started.

So continuity wise Strange is at his weakest. Also just because he can cast the same spells doesn't mean they are as powerful as they were once were, there is not enough raw magic power left (there is basically no magic), so his spells and his power are at their weakest.

I know they are both in the same continuity I have been reading Dr.Strange. What i'm saying is you can't tell who and what is taking place. In Civil War 2 Dr.Strange is using magic in his own issue he can't. Civil War 2 kinda started in the middle of everyone's story arc. Storm and X-men where in the future when CW2. So it's not continuity it's the consistency of Marvel letting us know when these events take place.

That may be however if that is the case he shouldn't be able to use magic at all. Because in his own story arc he can't it's destroyed.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter: Its just Bendis lowballing for the sake of this terrible event. I revile his writing as of late.

Weakening Magic, thus weakening Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch happened in Dr. Strange's own comics, not in Civil War related issues.

Though there are lowballing made by Bendis, after all it's Bendis.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter said:

I know they are both in the same continuity I have been reading Dr.Strange. What i'm saying is you can't tell who and what is taking place. In Civil War 2 Dr.Strange is using magic in his own issue he can't. Civil War 2 kinda started in the middle of everyone's story arc. Storm and X-men where in the future when CW2. So it's not continuity it's the consistency of Marvel letting us know when these events take place.

That may be however if that is the case he shouldn't be able to use magic at all. Because in his own story arc he can't it's destroyed.

Actually i already gave you an issue of X-Men comics, where it was shown that Magic is being weakened, and it was way before Civil War 2 started, so even if Magic is not as much weakened as in Strange's comics, it is still weakened, so thus Strange and other magic users are not at full power. Also Magic was not fully destroyed in Strange's there is still magic left, but not that much, so in Civil War he doesn't have that much magic. We can debate on this for a long time, but on thing is for sure Magic was weakened since the start of Dr. Strange's first issues and it was shown in All-New X-Men #8 that magic is weakened and this issue was before Civil War started, so any magic user is still not at full power in Civil War.

Also there was also comic Deadpool: The Last Days of Magic, which also was dealing with magic problems, it was stated to take place between Deadpool #11 - 13 and Civil War in Deadpool started in issue number 15. In Deadpool's comic it was shown that it took so much effort from Doctor/Brother Vodoo(former Sorcerer Supreme) to simply cast a simple teleportation spell, so you can see how bad is magic's situtation that it takes gigantic effort to cast simple spells.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter said:
    @nerevarine_11 said:

Weakening Magic, thus weakening Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch happened in Dr. Strange's own comics, not in Civil War related issues.

I know in Aaron's run but even a weakened Strange shouldn't be this pitiful. Hes still a powerful contender in the MU.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter said:
    @nerevarine_11 said:

I know in Aaron's run but even a weakened Strange shouldn't be this pitiful. Hes still a powerful contender in the MU.

Well, i full agree with you he shouldn't be THIS weak, but then, again, it's Bendis, that kind of stuff happens all the time in his comics, at least we have explanation why they can't solo those events.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HighAccuser

@crafter said:
    @nerevarine_11 said:
    @crafter said:
    @nerevarine_11 said:

Well, i full agree with you he shouldn't be THIS weak, but then, again, it's Bendis, that kind of stuff happens all the time in his comics, at least we have explanation why they can't solo those events.

I still havent finished Last Days of Magic as it is. Lol did Strange ever beat the Imperator?

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Crafter

@nerevarine_11:

He did beat him, but he didn't kill him, he took all his scientific devices, then trapped him in "sort of" jail and gave him book of magical knowledge, which was written by Dr. Strange himself, that's how ended this arc, but the consequences were that magic is at its weakest now.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter said:

Actually i already gave you an issue of X-Men comics, where it was shown that Magic is being weakened, and it was way before Civil War 2 started, so even if Magic is not as much weakened as in Strange's comics, it is still weakened, so thus Strange and other magic users are not at full power. Also Magic was not fully destroyed in Strange's there is still magic left, but not that much, so in Civil War he doesn't have that much magic. We can debate on this for a long time, but on thing is for sure Magic was weakened since the start of Dr. Strange's first issues and it was shown in All-New X-Men #8 that magic is weakened and this issue was before Civil War started, so any magic user is still not at full power in Civil War.

Also there was also comic Deadpool: The Last Days of Magic, which also was dealing with magic problems, it was stated to take place between Deadpool #11 - 13 and Civil War in Deadpool started in issue number 15. In Deadpool's comic it was shown that it took so much effort from Doctor/Brother Vodoo(former Sorcerer Supreme) to simply cast a simple teleportation spell, so you can see how bad is magic's situtation that it takes gigantic effort to cast simple spells.

I'm not trying to debate anything I just don't think or rather I don't fully understand why he's able to do one thing while in something else he can't do it at all. Which is why I think it's pure inconsistency. In Extraordinary X-men Magik(to my knowledge) hasn't mentioned anything about it or her magical powers decreasing. She might because Limbo is about to be attacked by some powerful Magic Creature....

As for Civil War i'm not sure becasue other issues were directly in the middle of there story arc which makes me confused to why some things contridict the story arc.......Maybe it is Bendis he probably doesn't know.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

I'm not trying to debate anything I just don't think or rather I don't fully understand why he's able to do one thing while in something else he can't do it at all.

LDOM story arc ended just recently so we didn't get enough exposure of him using magic in near-magic-less world, But thanks to Deadpool's comics and All-New X-Men's comics we know that magic was not at good shape prior to Civil War to a degree that former Sorcerer Supreme can barely use simple teleportation magic.

Which is why I think it's pure inconsistency.

There are always inconsistencies.

In Extraordinary X-men Magik(to my knowledge) hasn't mentioned anything about it or her magical powers decreasing. She might because Limbo is about to be attacked by some powerful Magic Creature....

Let's be honest but Magik is just another B/C-list character, that's why she doesn't get mentioned that much, as for her still having magic powers would only mean that she still has some little magic retained like Dr. Strange, or simply writers ignore the whole Empirikull story arc, i would stick with the former.

As for Civil War i'm not sure becasue other issues were directly in the middle of there story arc which makes me confused to why some things contridict the story arc.......Maybe it is Bendis he probably doesn't know.

I don't see contradiction, we see that magic was at bad shape to a degree that powerful wizards can barely use simply spells and that was actually shown to be BEFORE Civil War, and in Civil War 2 it simply shows that their spells still can be used but they are not as POWERFUL as they once were, that's the sole reason why someone like Storm could break Crimson Bands, which normally even characters on Hulk level can barely break.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@crafter said:

@stormphoenix:

I'm not trying to debate anything I just don't think or rather I don't fully understand why he's able to do one thing while in something else he can't do it at all.

LDOM story arc ended just recently so we didn't get enough exposure of him using magic in near-magic-less world, But thanks to Deadpool's comics and All-New X-Men's comics we know that magic was not at good shape prior to Civil War to a degree that former Sorcerer Supreme can barely use simple teleportation magic.

No Idea what "LDOM" means. But however i'll take a look at those issues

There are always inconsistencies.

Yup

Let's be honest but Magik is just another B/C-list character, that's why she doesn't get mentioned that much, as for her still having magic powers would only mean that she still has some little magic retained like Dr. Strange, or simply writers ignore the whole Empirikull story arc, i would stick with the former.

LOL B/C-Lister yeah pretty much. I don't know about that she's been teleporting and going back in time with her Magic powers. I agree she shouldn't at all be able to do any of this stuff. In fact the Jean Grey School should be constantly be enflux because it's being protected IN Limbo, by magic.

I don't see contradiction, we see that magic was at bad shape to a degree that powerful wizards can barely use simply spells and that was actually shown to be BEFORE Civil War, and in Civil War 2 it simply shows that their spells still can be used but they are not as POWERFUL as they once were, that's the sole reason why someone like Storm could break Crimson Bands, which normally even characters on Hulk level can barely break.

I don't know I will have to disagree with you on that. Which is why I bring up Magik her being a B/C-Lister or a nobody is still no excuse for her to be allowed to use her powers freely while others can't. As for Storm breaking the Crimson Bands yes that should be impossible becasue Hulk couldn't even break it. However, it isn't that far fetch for it to happen due to her linage and connection to it.(Dang you Marvel EXPLORE Storm's Magical Potential Already!!) though if it wasn't for the fact that Magic IS dying(or in this case is Dead) then Storm shouldn't be able to break or let alone Dr.Strange shouldn't be here in the first place using Magic.

All in all let's all just wait and see what happens with this crappy Event Anyway.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

No Idea what "LDOM" means. But however i'll take a look at those issues

It means Last Days Of Magic.

Which is why I think it's pure inconsistency.

Well, it's your opinion.

Yup

In Extraordinary X-men Magik(to my knowledge) hasn't mentioned anything about it or her magical powers decreasing. She might because Limbo is about to be attacked by some powerful Magic Creature....

That's what happenes when writers don't communicate with each others and don't tell each other what they do in their comics, anyways she also should be not at her full power, or maybe Emprikull just didn't touch Limbo's realm and its magic, it is a possibility.

LOL B/C-Lister yeah pretty much. I don't know about that she's been teleporting and going back in time with her Magic powers. I agree she shouldn't at all be able to do any of this stuff. In fact the Jean Grey School should be constantly be enflux because it's being protected IN Limbo, by magic.

Well, that kind of stuff happens all the time. After all Emprikull story arc was not a crossover story arc, so probably they didn't want make things more complicated alongside Civil War.

I think i understand what you think about, you think that Magic was completely destroyed in last issue of Doc Strange, that's why you think that he shouldn't be using magic, but it was hinted that there is still magic left, and it is gonna heal.

I don't know I will have to disagree with you on that. Which is why I bring up Magik her being a B/C-Lister or a nobody is still no excuse for her to be allowed to use her powers freely while others can't.

It is good enough excuse as writers don't really care about details when it comes to these characters, but in Doc Strange's comic Magik didn't really have that much power, just another inconsistency ignore and forget. Even Scarlet Witch's comics it was shown that witchcraft/magic is broken (because of Emprikull obviously), but in her latest issue(#9), which was all about CIVIL WAR 2, she still has her magic powers, according to her she still has enough power to do "no more mutants" - esque reality warp. There is also another character who has indetical powers as Scarlet Witch, her son Wiccan, in comics that showcased him, he had no problem with his MAGIC powers, no depowering or anything else, as if writers ignored Emprikull story arc.

As for Storm breaking the Crimson Bands yes that should be impossible becasue Hulk couldn't even break it. However, it isn't that far fetch for it to happen due to here linage(Dang you Marvel) though being the fact the Magic IS dying(or in this case is Dead) then Storm shouldn't be able to break or let alone Dr.Strange shouldn't be here in the first place using Magic.

Just because she has magical linage(one of her ancestors was Sorceress Supreme) it still doesn't explain it, it takes GREAT Skill to do such feat, or GREAT Power like Scarlet Witch, and even with her linage manifested she wouldn't have that much power, so i don't take magical linage excuse.

Also Magic is NOT dead, it stopped dieing Doc Strange stopped it, but the consequences are such that magic is now at its weakest, so each magic user can USE magic, but not on the same power-level as before.

About Doc Strange i agree, but not because of that, he is simply too much of a plot-device, and even at his weakest he is a force to be reckoned with

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Storm is Queen. Stephen Strange needs to take a nap.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    @crafter said:

@stormphoenix:

It means Last Days Of Magic.

I see.

Well, it's your opinion.

Fair Enough

That's what happenes when writers don't communicate with each others and don't tell each other what they do in their comics, anyways she also should be not at her full power, or maybe Emprikull just didn't touch Limbo's realm and its magic, it is a possibility.

Right which is why everyone should be feeling the effects not just a select group of people. But ok then if that's how they want it.

Well, that kind of stuff happens all the time. After all Emprikull story arc was not a crossover story arc, so probably they didn't want make things more complicated alongside Civil War.

I can see why they chose that route..., but I still think it should have been mentioned.

I think i understand what you think about, you think that Magic was completely destroyed in last issue of Doc Strange, that's why you think that he shouldn't be using magic, but it was hinted that there is still magic left, and it is gonna heal.

Well yeah the ending of it I thought was pretty clear to me that there is no more magic which is why i'm looking at other characters sideways him included using it.

It is good enough excuse as writers don't really care about details when it comes to these characters, but in Doc Strange's comic Magik didn't really have that much power, just another inconsistency ignore and forget. Even Scarlet Witch's comics it was shown that witchcraft/magic is broken (because of Emprikull obviously), but in her latest issue(#9), which was all about CIVIL WAR 2, she still has her magic powers, according to her she still has enough power to do "no more mutants" - esque reality warp. There is also another character who has indetical powers as Scarlet Witch, her son Wiccan, in comics that showcased him, he had no problem with his MAGIC powers, no depowering or anything else, as if writers ignored Emprikull story arc.

Yeah I saw that Scarlet Witch CW2 where she blasted Quicksilver. It sounded more like an assumption that she can do "no more mutants" for that matter.

Just because she has magical linage(one of her ancestors was Sorceress Supreme) it still doesn't explain it, it takes GREAT Skill to do such feat, or GREAT Power like Scarlet Witch, and even with her linage manifested she wouldn't have that much power, so i don't take magical linage excuse.

No, it's not an excuse. I'm not saying those bands can be broken regardless if the user is weak or not. I am saying it's not that far out the realm for something like that to happen. She did fight an army of Magic Robots crafted by Dr.Doom(the guy who is second under Dr. Strange and is just as good in the magic arts as Strange) and compares it to like fighting Sentinels. Or the time she sensed Black Magic messing up the atmosphere. Or the Time when Magik attacked Storm and the school and Storm held her own against her for a while. NOW OF COURSE Dr. Strange is far more powerful than this, but I'll say this given how Storm reacts to magic users, attacks etc she's done a lot fairer than most none magic characters. YES......Your right, your absolutely right Storm shouldn't be able to break those bands whether they are weak or not. I just believe otherwise LOL.

That's just me. ;-)

Also Magic is NOT dead, it stopped dieing Doc Strange stopped it, but the consequences are such that magic is now at its weakest, so each magic user can USE magic, but not on the same power-level as before.

Oh I see. That sucks

About Doc Strange i agree, but not because of that, he is simply too much of a plot-device, and even at his weakest he is a force to be reckoned with

True very true, but then so is everyone else.

With all that being said I guess we should just wait till we see what ACTUALLY happens. Because that is just 1 panel that was revealed plus it's clear that there is some dialogue in that whole panel. So hopefully we will get a better understanding.

*However don't get your hopes up knowing Bendis he will crush our souls and laugh at us while he eats it* hahahahahahahah ;-)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightning is powerful. :)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By poisonfleur

I think I could excuse this since it appears Storm, yet again, just freaks out and Strange just happens to be in the path of her lightning... which breaks his concentration.

LOL Yes-- that's the only thing that doesn't make sense Forge should have gotten zapped. Iceman maybe could have avoided it.
    But I could believe Storm could break Strange's spell since he is super weak (I only read his first volume.) now and she is has is also mystically inclined too.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85 said:

LOL Yes-- that's the only thing that doesn't make sense Forge should have gotten zapped. Iceman maybe could have avoided it.

But I could believe Storm could break Strange's spell since he is super weak (I only read his first volume.) now and she is has is also mystically inclined too.

I was kinda under the impression that (if they are that) the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, isn't relying on the strength of the mage casting the spells, but rather that of Cyttorak himself... hence why they use his name when they cast it. Like the mage obviously has to be strong/skilled enough to even cast it, but once thats done, the target is fighting against Cyttorak's strength/grip and not the magican. Regarding Strange's current level of power... considering Bendis is writing the solo as well as the event, I am pretty certain we are looking at a post-Death of Magic Strange in Civil War II, since last I looked, Strange couldn't even muster the magic to do anymore than glide to the ground. Obviously he pulls through the current situation in his own book... but likely we are looking at a sort of post-Infinite Crisis magic landscape... things will be different for a while but then return to normal once all of the mages get their bearings back.

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Crafter

@stormphoenix:

Right which is why everyone should be feeling the effects not just a select group of people. But ok then if that's how they want it.

I agree, but characters like Wiccan were totally unaffected and were not even mentioned.

I can see why they chose that route..., but I still think it should have been mentioned.

I agree.

Well yeah the ending of it I thought was pretty clear to me that there is no more magic which is why i'm looking at other characters sideways him included using it.

There is still magic there, but not enough of it, there are still magical monsters walking around left and right, after all magic is not simple thing, it's a universal force.

And in Doc Strange latest issue(10) it was stated that Emprikull destroyed almost all magic, not all of it.

No Caption Provided

In the same issue we see Wong and bunch of fodder people cast spells.

Even Dr. Strange casted a spell to close a door after he defeated Empirikull.

No Caption Provided

There is still magic, just not so much.

No, it's not an excuse. I'm not saying those bands can be broken regardless if the user is weak or not.

I was talking about the one who broke them a.k.a Storm.

I am saying it's not that far out the realm for something like that to happen.

Indeed, but it takes force that is at least Hulk level for that kind of thing to happen, and i doubt that lightning has such power, but then at least we know that magic is as its weakest so we can't really say what can happen or not.

She did fight an army of Magic Robots crafted by Dr.Doom(the guy who is second under Dr. Strange and is just as good in the magic arts as Strange)

There are characters better than Doom in Magic, like Brother Vodooo (who was actually Sorcerer Supreme) and Baron Mordo, also Doom is not as good in magic as Strange, they had magical fight before, long-story-short Strange schooled him. Also so far as i know she had a hard time against Doombot, and so far as i know Doom doesn't create "magical" robots, just scientific ones.

and compares it to like fighting Sentinels. Or the time she sensed Black Magic messing up the atmosphere.

Sensing magic and being capable of disrupting and using it, is different.

Or the Time when Magik attacked Storm and the school and Storm held her own against her for a while.

Magik is not powerful magic user to be fighting and even being mentioned, but then againt it is Storm, she had many that kind of moments happening with her. It's like Superman vs Magic users, though he is durable against it as any human, by logic he should be dead by any magic users, even low-level ones, yet he survives even high-tier ones.

NOW OF COURSE Dr. Strange is far more powerful than this, but I'll say this given how Storm reacts to magic users, attacks etc she's done a lot fairer than most none magic characters.

WAY Far more powerful, the guy fights likes of Mephisto and Dormammu( actual reality warpers) on near equal footing.

And again just because she faired good against magic users(and so far as i know in her encounters with Doom, he didn't use magic) doesn't mean he or she would have a chance against high-tier ones, and Storm though does have magical linage, she has not manifested any magical powers or magical skills, so her being capable of doing what she did without magic, was stupid, it was basically regular lightning vs magic, even at its weakest such spell should have blocked lightning.

YES......Your right, your absolutely right Storm shouldn't be able to break those bands whether they are weak or not. I just believe otherwise LOL.

That's just me. ;-)

Well, it's your opinion, i have no problem with that, especially in current comics when magic is at its weakest, so that's the explanation why lightning > Bands. And Storm is Storm at least we know that Marvel shows some kind of respect towards her.

Oh I see. That sucks

It's Marvel, they depower everyone, Thor, Bruce Banner and many others, Strange is simply one of many.

True very true, but then so is everyone else.

Probably.

With all that being said I guess we should just wait till we see what ACTUALLY happens. Because that is just 1 panel that was revealed plus it's clear that there is some dialogue in that whole panel. So hopefully we will get a better understanding.

Wise words.

*However don't get your hopes up knowing Bendis he will crush our souls and laugh at us while he eats it* hahahahahahahah ;-)

I have no problem with that, given that we know why Strange is so weak.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crafter: Yup pretty much. Your response was pretty long, but I did read it i'm just too tired to respond and it's 2:o6am where I am. We already talked it out so I don't have anything else to say until I can come up with something or someone brings something to my attention.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WastelandMan

@stormphoenix:

She did fight an army of Magic Robots crafted by Dr.Doom(the guy who is second under Dr. Strange and is just as good in the magic arts as Strange) and compares it to like fighting Sentinels.

Doom is not second to Strange nor does he come close in power to him.

@outside_85 said:

I was kinda under the impression that (if they are that) the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, isn't relying on the strength of the mage casting the spells, but rather that of Cyttorak himself... hence why they use his name when they cast it. Like the mage obviously has to be strong/skilled enough to even cast it, but once thats done, the target is fighting against Cyttorak's strength/grip and not the magican.

It actually does depend on the power of the caster. Doom, for instance, tried to restrain Strange in the bands but Strange broke out of it and casted his own Doom:

No Caption Provided

Here Strange attempts to return his spirit to his body for the Crimson Bands because, as he states, the strength of the Crimson Bands depends on the magical energies behind it and returning to his body would restore himself to full power:

No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    @wastelandman said:

@stormphoenix:

She did fight an army of Magic Robots crafted by Dr.Doom(the guy who is second under Dr. Strange and is just as good in the magic arts as Strange) and compares it to like fighting Sentinels.

He was mentioned to be just as knowledgeable in the mystic arts as Dr. Strange in the story arc Triumph and Torment. (Or so if I remember.) And Doom is very well skilled in the Mystic Arts he just more scientific.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By Stahlflamme

@wastelandman:The first scan states the bands can be broken when cast incorrectly, so its about Doom simply not being skilled enough with magic at that point rather than more powerful. I do recall a scan of Strange himself breaking the crimson bands when the Living Tribunal used them on him, by wielding his own powers along those of the Ancient One. That suggests the bands can be broken, but are not dependant on the user, as Strange states the Tribunal was powerful enough to undo him with a thought meaning he couldn't possibly have overpowered it. That would make sense since the bands are a spell that calls upon Cytoraks powers rather than its user. Going by that logic it would take someone that can stop the Juggernaut to break the bands.

@stormphoenix said:
    @wastelandman said:

@stormphoenix:

He was mentioned to be just as knowledgeable in the mystic arts as Dr. Strange in the story arc Triumph and Torment. (Or so if I remember.) And Doom is very well skilled in the Mystic Arts he just more scientific.

No, he stated he wasn't as knowledgeable in magic as some of the other sorcerers present during the contest. He did analyze the spells of the other sorcerers during the fight and was taught by Strange during the story. However, even after that he states that Strange clearly bests him in magic and he would need to use technology to surpass him.

There is this statement by Scarlet Witch though:

No Caption Provided

An earlier issue acknowledged that Strange isn't as powerful as he used to be, though.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, the exact opposite is said in the story, Doom himself said Strange was the more powerful Sorcerer and that even amping his power by 10x it STILL wasn't enough to match Strange:

No Caption Provided

@wastelandman:The first scan states the bands can be broken when cast incorrectly, so its about Doom simply not being skilled enough with magic at that point rather than more powerful.

That scan was to show that you can summon them incorrectly as the person I was responding to said that once summoned, you were dealing with Cyttorak which is false. My second scan shows that it DOES depend on the power of the sorcerer.

I do recall a scan of Strange himself breaking the crimson bands when the Living Tribunal used them on him, by wielding his own powers along those of the Ancient One. That suggests the bands can be broken, but are not dependant on the user, as Strange states the Tribunal was powerful enough to undo him with a thought meaning he couldn't possibly have overpowered it. That would make sense since the bands are a spell that calls upon Cytoraks powers rather than its user. Going by that logic it would take someone that can stop the Juggernaut to break the bands.

False, those were not the Crimson Bands but the Roving Rings of Raggadorr:

No Caption Provided

Also, the power the Ancient One gave Strange was the portion of the power granted by the office of Sorcerer Supreme.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still so happy to keep on seeing the scan over and over again. Storm breaks Strange's magic. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.