Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Is Storm the ultimate superheroine?

• 136 results
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would say yes Storm us. Right now Diana is being written as a woman who doesn't understand the need to protect humans. She has gotten better but she didn't understand the need to protect the weak.

Storm however as shown in her current solo has always looked out for the underdog. I think that's what makes her the ultimate heroine. Using her power to protect those who are powerless and without a voice.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@theblondegod said:

I was thinking if this is a constructive criticism but it's not... :( What is so great about Wonder Woman? If you question that then you aren't transparent with other characters. You're saying that Wonder Woman has done nothing great but to be just a famous/iconic superheroine that you could see on every character merchandise etc. But isn't that a part of what she has done? She became popular because people admire her, let alone people who don't even read comics but at least do know her.

For the word notoriety, I believe you're pertaining to WW. That is such a terrible word for you to use to offend the fans of WW. She didn't receive any development just to be famous for some bad quality. That's ill-reputation. Do you know how offensive is that for WW's creator? Please, don't be mean or don't be someone who hates WW because they overthrow your favorite superhero. I'm a fan of Wonder Woman and I don't do that, and as far as I know along this site no one has ever done that. If you think someone did, maybe it's for two reasons: She gets lowballed too much, or their answer for battle strategy is based on their actual logic as to how she could and would fight.

Also, just sayin' Storm has done stuff. That's amazing for every Marvel fans, also Wonder Woman has done stuff. But you can never see a WW fan insulting Storm the way you did.

Aw, come off your high horse. The only reason I wrote the response that you quoted in the first place was because someone was undermining Storm for the hyping of Wonder Woman. Never, at any point, did I ever say "Wonder Woman sucks, yo" or anything of the sort, nor did I insult any fans of Wonder Woman or otherwise.....so, stop making sh*t up, please.

I was just elaborating on how Storm is just as good of a character as Wonder Woman but usually isn't as recognized because she never had a bunch of cartoons or television shows and isn't plastered all over merchandise. Storm is an interesting character and broke a lot of molds in her own right.

I'm terribly sorry, but I don't have any high horse in here. And for the record, what's so undermining about the words "She's about as close to Wonder Woman as any Marvel heroine is gonna get....but she's still no Wonder Woman." This is the other person's answer to the question that asks, "Is Storm the Ultimate Superheroine?" For him, he said that because for his viewpoint his ultimate superheroine is Wonder Woman but the fact to that you let your logic raise the thinking of undermining Storm made you misunderstood what I said. You replied "What's so great about WW?" Excuse me, but what if I ask you the same about Storm? Also, bear in mind that I didn't understood your statement as "Wonder Woman sucks, yo." Seriously? I was being transparent for you to know what I'm pointing at. I don't find/characterize this as an argument because we could never understand what we have to say about the both characters if I did.

For the bold part, please refer to your answers:

Wonder Woman, doesn't really have any good comic runs. She just has (arguably) good one shot stories like "Paradise Lost" and "Hiketiea", there is no real point when she proved to be indelible to the Justice League, well, at least not that I am aware of.

What I am basically saying is notoriety doesn't equal greatness. (You clearly view WW as someone who has been famous because of her bad quality in Comics, okay fine, I'm sorry that I didn't know Storm is the personification of Greatness.)

Please, I never used any foul words against you. *sigh* If I ever did give off any offense, I'm sorry. If you think that I'll do the same, no. Maybe I'm not the hot-headed debater. That wasn't what I intend, just like you I am just elaborating WW.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@agent41: Not all Storm fans lowball Diana.

No. Just 95% of them.

I'm very sorry for his generalization or giving a certain percent for Storm fans that lowball Diana.

No, we don't know how much and for me I never intend to know. Again, I'm sorry.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batgirl is the ultimate heroine. Especially Cass. There, I said it. Anybody want to go? No? Good.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is Storm's forum and I am a Storm fan so of course, Storm is the ultimate superheroine. : )

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of popularity outside of comic book readers an in you can say Wonder Woman, but this question is subject to opinion. There will be non consensus that Storm is the ultimate hero (whatever that means). If I had to choose based on my opinion it has to be Invisible Woman. She represents growth to me and has changed so much since she debuted and is still growing and changing. For this question there is no right answer, but putting it in the Storm forum means you just wanted your opinion validated.

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 the_stegman  Moderator

@maaask12: For the last time, I'm not saying who is the better character, I'm not saying who you should like more, I'm talking in terms of popularity and recognition. WW is the most famous superheroine ever, Storm doesn't come close to that.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jhazzroucher

@maaask12: For the last time, I'm not saying who is the better character, I'm not saying who you should like more, I'm talking in terms of popularity and recognition. WW is the most famous superheroine ever, Storm doesn't come close to that.

Storm is currently more exposed because of the movies and video games.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: No she's not, WW has lots merchandise out side of movies and video games and the tv show that is still in the publics consciousness. Also she is getting her OWN movie which is better than glorified cameos in the X-Films. If you ask any random person on the street to name a female superhero, Wonder Woman would be mentioned many more time than you'd hear Storm. Black Widow may even be mentioned more than Storm (because of the films).

alfacess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz: No, it wouldn't be black widow either. Storm is more well known than her, but less than ww, though if Marvel were to push her, she could at least come close

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alfacess: In terms of being the "Ultimate Superheroine" she is nowhere near being it comps ared to the other two. I was using her as an example of right now who people would say if asked to name a female superhero is all.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz said:

@jhazzroucher: No she's not, WW has lots merchandise out side of movies and video games and the tv show that is still in the publics consciousness. Also she is getting her OWN movie which is better than glorified cameos in the X-Films. If you ask any random person on the street to name a female superhero, Wonder Woman would be mentioned many more time than you'd hear Storm. Black Widow may even be mentioned more than Storm (because of the films).

Movies are the biggest form of media which extends to more online articles and newspaper articles especially when a movie is about to be released. And movies are also being replayed on televisions.

For Black Widow, she's not a superhero type and she's still got a long way to go. However she did get a huge recognition on her movie appearances.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Storm in the movies was just walking special effects, you learned nothing about even though she was in 4 movies. She was just wallpaper and the token black for most of the films.

alfacess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimz: This I agree with, but I hope her recasting in Apocalypse will change that :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes she is. The background music when she uses her powers in nearly all her cartoon appearances proves it lawl.

alfacess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I know right! The cartoons always make her overdramatic but it works for her

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wonder Woman

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 rogueshadow  Moderator
    Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Given the debate here, shouldn't this be in Gen Discussion? Just saying..

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@saint_sophie: you really want this to turn into an all out storm bashing fest?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@malachi_munroe: No, no. Just looking at the posts, it seems like everyone's arguing on who the real "Ultimate Superheroine is" even though this is a Storm forum.. pretty sure this isn't what the op intended but it still happened..

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: No, no. Just looking at the posts, it seems like everyone's arguing on who the real "Ultimate Superheroine is" even though this is a Storm forum.. pretty sure this isn't what the op intended but it still happened..

That's ok. we all know that Storm is

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@saint_sophie: I'm sure it'll be a whole lot worse in the gen section. You'll have x amount of people spewing how horrible she is, should have never been created blah blah blah. Then of course, a few people I had respect for became fan bashers(I really don't wish to see such a thing) . I just think Storm needs a break from the nonsense. It also doesn't help that if you see storm in a battle thread and a new poster turns up, you see people who've been here for a while spread the ridiculous "storm fans are the worst" nonsense (when most of the ones who placed her on some multiversal tier turned out to be alts of those "spreading the word")

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In short, Storm and her Storm fans are awesome. :)

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, i think storm is way awesome than WW. why she brought up in this conversation anyway.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't somebody make a thread for who is the ultimate superheroine? and I would accept people's opinions not answering Storm.

On this thread, however, I will continue to say Storm is the ultimate superheroine.

alfacess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By alfacess

@jhazzroucher: Yh it's her forum, though I don't mind people saying others as long as they are respectful

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alfacess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the title is a question not a statement. So they just answer the question with their opinion.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: opinions / trashing.

Can't have one without the other.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By jhazzroucher

Ororo Munroe aka Storm is the ultimate superheroine.

There. I said the truth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.