Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

If Storm Could Develop Any New Power, What Would It Be?

• 83 results
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Hyrokinesis (Water-Bending) like Katara but not as good as her. Would like to see her use more of this ability I know she has a slight manifestation of this power but she uses the winds to control water ( i think) .

Hey! you're back! :)

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jhazzroucher: yeah i had so much going on I forgot about this site hahaha

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Pak has officially declared that she can control solar winds

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: oh really she can do that, would like to see some scans if you have them

You may have already seen it but here it is...

The are other instances with her controlling ocean currents to "fly" through the water and again to move the X-Jet, create a tidal wave to clobber some mooks that were gunning for Wolverine, create a flashflood to hit the Sidri, another flashflood to wash away some dinosaurs (and I think she did another flashflood when the X-men fought Count Nefaria), and a concentrated monsoon blast from her hands to cleanse a wound Colossus received from Deathbird. There are more instances too (like what she did to Hydroman and changing ice to liquid water in XXM).

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: yes. I want all the elemental constructs under her purview. Mostly an elemental shield she can use on the regular.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: So how would she construct the shield. I think it should be a mimic of the Earth's atmospheric layers. It would be a mixed of atmospheric gases (water vapor, ozone, carbon dioxide) that could absorb, reflect and scatter electromagnetic/radiant energy. It would have layers to it (as the Earth's atmosphere does). And the pressure and swirling currents could block of deflect concussive force.

So ionized gases, atmosphere pressure and wind currents that has some type of electric electric field and/or plasma-like component. So, a concentrated mini-atmosphere just like the Earth's.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Given that she can perceive different energies, energy manipulation would be cool.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@peerless1 said:

@thunderbolt30: So how would she construct the shield. I think it should be a mimic of the Earth's atmospheric layers. It would be a mixed of atmospheric gases (water vapor, ozone, carbon dioxide) that could absorb, reflect and scatter electromagnetic/radiant energy. It would have layers to it (as the Earth's atmosphere does). And the pressure and swirling currents could block of deflect concussive force.

So ionized gases, atmosphere pressure and wind currents that has some type of electric electric field and/or plasma-like component. So, a concentrated mini-atmosphere just like the Earth's.

This sounds perfect :-). I was thinking of having a few shield variations, but mainly a regularly used shield of either electrically charged compressed air, like she did with the pressure dome that she used to punch through the mountain base + the electrically charged wind tunnel to redirect Sienna Blaze's mega EM energy blast. Something that she can throw up on reflex and be strong enough to counter energy blasts, gun fire, physical projectiles, etc. Or a polarity wall like Cole McGrath used in Infamous.

For me I want to see a balance of Storm developing her powers more defensively but also not allowing those defenses to overshadow her physical combat skills. Like she would use a shield when fighting a powerful foe like Candra or Selene, but can also still leverage her remarkable agility and reflexes for CQC like she did when evadiing the throwing stars of the Hand ninjas in WatX# 11, catching blades thrown at her, or flipping threw Cyclop's energy blasts when Candra possessed him. I feel like characters who are accustomed to throwing up a shield become too dependent on that defense to the cost of their other skills. So I'd like to see this development for Storm but with a balance that respects her other well developed combat skills.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@rogueshadow said:

Given that she can perceive different energies, energy manipulation would be cool.

How do you think she forms weather effects? lol. The energies that she can see with her energy sight, she can move with her mind.

@thunderbolt30 a skintight EM forcefield?..........I'd faint.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So true! :)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@malachi_munroe: I mean literal energy manipulation, she can recognise many different forms of energyetc, but can only control a few, I'm talking about absorbing kinetic energy, solar energy and redirecting it et. I find it hard to believe she can perceive them all but not have the latent capability to use them.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I mean literal energy manipulation, she can recognise many different forms of energyetc, but can only control a few, I'm talking about absorbing kinetic energy, solar energy and redirecting it et. I find it hard to believe she can perceive them all but not have the latent capability to use them.

That is what I was thinking before. Storm should be able to manipulate all forms of energy

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Not so much. I think the fun would be in manipulating her weather control in new ways, but distilling it better. She does control many different types of energy in a weather/ environmental way though. That's huge on it's own. And it makes her who she is, which we don't want to lose.

Remember life of Earth is a result of the environment/atmosphere. Specific plants grow or don't because of climate. But I think we need to see some of the indescribable complexity at work. There is plenty in her tool kit, but, not nearly the exploration of it--say that there was in the Claremont days.

Atmospheric/ aquatic pressure manipulation, filtering and directing electromagnetic radiation, electrical energy/field generation, moisture control/hydrokinesis, environmental sensing/energy sight. Now, what happens we combine them? As I said a HUGE tool kit!!!

1. Concentrate select gases in the atmosphere or remove them.2. Create a solar wind tornado.
    3. Generate huge electromagnetic pulses/field to wipe out communications over a large continental/planetary range or robotic/electrical equipment.
    4. Use lightning to generate high energy/gamma radiation and direct it at opponents or objects

5. Dessicate opponents or areas by swift removal of water and pressure changes.
    6. Use solar winds for hypersonic flight across continental or distances.
    7. Terraforming--use her weather manipulation to transform inhospitable alien environments into more hospitable to human life by massive alteration of their atmospheres and climates.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@peerless1: one could say the weather is her "comfort zone"...............because good lord almighty if she ever decided to branch out...

And I think anti matter was found in thunderstorms so............I'm all for anti matter bursts!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not so much. I think the fun would be in manipulating her weather control in new ways, but distilling it better. She does control many different types of energy in a weather/ environmental way though. That's huge on it's own. And it makes her who she is, which we don't want to lose.

Remember life of Earth is a result of the environment/atmosphere. Specific plants grow or don't because of climate. But I think we need to see some of the indescribable complexity at work. There is plenty in her tool kit, but, not nearly the exploration of it--say that there was in the Claremont days.

Atmospheric/ aquatic pressure manipulation, filtering and directing electromagnetic radiation, electrical energy/field generation, moisture control/hydrokinesis, environmental sensing/energy sight. Now, what happens we combine them? As I said a HUGE tool kit!!!

1. Concentrate select gases in the atmosphere or remove them.2. Create a solar wind tornado.

3. Generate huge electromagnetic pulses/field to wipe out communications over a large continental/planetary range or robotic/electrical equipment.

4. Use lightning to generate high energy/gamma radiation and direct it at opponents or objects

7. Terraforming--use her weather manipulation to transform inhospitable alien environments into more hospitable to human life by massive alteration of their atmospheres and climates.

I <3 your posts. If only you good be a super-powers exploration consultant for Pak, Yost/Kyle, Willow Wilson, and Latour (though his WatX run just ended).

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I would love that job! From your post to God's ears. ;)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1 said:

Not so much. I think the fun would be in manipulating her weather control in new ways, but distilling it better. She does control many different types of energy in a weather/ environmental way though. That's huge on it's own. And it makes her who she is, which we don't want to lose.

I <3 your posts. If only you good be a super-powers exploration consultant for Pak, Yost/Kyle, Willow Wilson, and Latour (though his WatX run just ended).

I can do better than peerless, hahahaha :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: "Galactus wont be able to bear a galactic blast ",)"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The evidence against you proves otherwise.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jhazzroucher: lol not even on the best day of your life Jhazz ;-)...but we still love ya anyway.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jhazzroucher
    Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By Roddy010
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two extreme weather patterns simultaneously. For example, start a blizzard next to a massive heat wave within a few hundred feet. In some ways, it seems like it would be very taxing, but what a powerful and damaging effect it could have. Also,

Also, I don't understand why she can't just set a weather pattern in motion and let it run for short period of time. The argument would be that the energy would be needed to maintain a weather pattern that wasn't pre-existing. But, could she infuse energy into a weather pattern and let it run its course.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two extreme weather patterns simultaneously.or example, start a blizzard next to a massive heat wave within a few hundred feet. In some ways, it seems like it would be very taxing, but what a powerful and damaging effect it could have. Also,

Also, I don't understand why she can't just set a weather pattern in motion and let it run for short period of time. The argument would be that the energy would be needed to maintain a weather pattern that wasn't pre-existing. But, could she infuse energy into a weather pattern and let it run its course.

Well............I have a logical way she could do that. She could concentrate a huge amount of thermal energy in one area by removing it from her location like a sphere of heat or something lol.Then use the kinetic energy for some winds and toy with the water molecules and boom!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Two extreme weather patterns simultaneously. For example, start a blizzard next to a massive heat wave within a few hundred feet. In some ways, it seems like it would be very taxing, but what a powerful and damaging effect it could have. Also,

I thought she's already done this a couple of times...one of the instances was in X-Women IIRC...

No Caption Provided

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1 said:

I thought she's already done this a couple of times...one of the instances was in X-Women IIRC...

No Caption Provided

This is it. I'm going to get the TPB of this comic. They all look so beautiful. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.