If Ororo Munroe becomes a DC property, who would you pair her with?

  • 128 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (21029 posts) - - Show Bio


Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (21029 posts) - - Show Bio

NO more further questions as to why would Storm become a DC property.

So if Storm is now in DC Universe, and you only have two people whom she will be paired with, would you choose Batman for her? or Superman?

Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#3 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of those choices I would have to go with Superman

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#4 Posted by jhazzroucher (21029 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 said:

Out of those choices I would have to go with Superman

May I know the reason why?

Avatar image for backflip
#5 Posted by Backflip (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this not counted as spam?

Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#6 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really saw Batman as the relationship kind of guy. In my opinion he is a brooding loner

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (21029 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 said:

I never really saw Batman as the relationship kind of guy. In my opinion he is a brooding loner

I see. Thank you for your honest opinion. : )

Avatar image for infonation
#8 Posted by infonation (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: It would have to be Superman if Lois Lane decides she's not in love with him anymore, frankly, I think it would be interesting to see how Supes deals with being in a relationship with a woman who has powers that in some ways work better than HIS!

Avatar image for blackwind
#9 Posted by BlackWind (9779 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither.

Avatar image for blood1991
#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

How is this not counted as spam?

I ask myself the same thing every time I see one of these.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

The sun.

Avatar image for razzatazz
#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip@Blood1991 said:

@Backflip said:

How is this not counted as spam?

I ask myself the same thing every time I see one of these.

Because it is not spam.  The OP has not broken any rules.  If you don't like posts about Storm, don't read posts about Storm.  
Avatar image for butterflykyss
#13 Posted by butterflykyss (4794 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@Backflip: @Blood1991 said:

@Backflip said:

How is this not counted as spam?

I ask myself the same thing every time I see one of these.

Because it is not spam. The OP has not broken any rules. If you don't like posts about Storm, don't read posts about Storm.

Avatar image for butterflykyss
#14 Posted by butterflykyss (4794 posts) - - Show Bio

On Topic.. I don't think either of these are her type personally.. but if i had to choose.. Batman.

Avatar image for backflip
#15 Posted by Backflip (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: My reasoning is, is that the topic doesn't actually serve any real purpose. It is highly constrictive, and is utterly biased :P My gripe here is not with the Storm threads, it's not even with the hypothetical question, it's just the constrictive nature that it's only Batman and Superman. Cause it leaves the users the chance to create near enough duplicate threads, and all on the most minor of issues. Can't there just be one general topic (similar to the Appreciation topics on CBR), for all the Storm ramblings, and permit topics that are typically relevant or important so that the Forums aren't bloated by largely pointless topics.

Avatar image for blood1991
#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

@RazzaTazz: My reasoning is, is that the topic doesn't actually serve any real purpose. It is highly constrictive, and is utterly biased :P My gripe here is not with the Storm threads, it's not even with the hypothetical question, it's just the constrictive nature that it's only Batman and Superman. Cause it leaves the users the chance to create near enough duplicate threads, and all on the most minor of issues. Can't there just be one general topic (similar to the Appreciation topics on CBR), for all the Storm ramblings, and permit topics that are typically relevant or important so that the Forums aren't bloated by largely pointless topics.

A discussion board was created for little things like this, which is why I get irritated with threads like these, but RazzaTazz is right it doesn't break any rules. It is just incredibly pointless.

Avatar image for razzatazz
#17 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip: Understood and I appreciate where you are coming from, but we allow anyone and everyone in here who want to discuss comics.  Is this a fluffy subject?  Sure, I guess it is, but this is a comic book website and so we support anyone that wants to discuss comics.  In fact compared to some of the off-topic trolls who don't even read comics, a subject like this is a welcome relief.  I understand what you mean about an appreciation thread.  The old Storm forum had one, and I guess there should be one.  The one caveat there is that the OP likes to make polls, and there can only be one poll per thread.  
Avatar image for razzatazz
#18 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:


A discussion board was created for little things like this, which is why I get irritated with threads like these, but RazzaTazz is right it doesn't break any rules. It is just incredibly pointless.

This is a fair assessment, but the labeling of something as pointless is subjective.  If the OP genuinely is interested in this topic (which I believe that they are) then it is not pointless to them.  If no one else posted, the topic would die off (evolution in action) but others replied thus others felt it was not pointless.  Does this advance the characterization of the well established characters or discuss future plot developments?  No, but as long as comics stage events based on meaningless and unsubstantiated romances (I'm looking at you Geoff Johns) then it is completely relevant to discuss romantic pairings, as unlikely as they might be.  
Avatar image for butterflykyss
#19 Posted by butterflykyss (4794 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@Blood1991 said:

A discussion board was created for little things like this, which is why I get irritated with threads like these, but RazzaTazz is right it doesn't break any rules. It is just incredibly pointless.

This is a fair assessment, but the labeling of something as pointless is subjective. If the OP genuinely is interested in this topic (which I believe that they are) then it is not pointless to them. If no one else posted, the topic would die off (evolution in action) but others replied thus others felt it was not pointless. Does this advance the characterization of the well established characters or discuss future plot developments? No, but as long as comics stage events based on meaningless and unsubstantiated romances (I'm looking at you Geoff Johns) then it is completely relevant to discuss romantic pairings, as unlikely as they might be.

QFT...

Seriously thank you for breaking this down so that ALL users can se. I really wish you could post this statement in the general rules section so CV users won't harass users like myself for making threads that they would deem "pointless." A few users have told me that my thread could be placed in the Storm's Discussion thread, one of which was locked, but was re-opened ultimately because it broke no rules. I think this treatment or standard that threads like these shouldn't be created is due to the bad rep that Storm Fans have on this site, in particular. However, if no rules are broken then I don't see what the big issue is in all honesty, and if you don't like a thread don't read it and it will eventually "evolve" into obscurity.

Thank you again :)

Avatar image for razzatazz
#20 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss: Storm fans have no bad rep on this site, at least not in the eyes of the mods and staff.  
Avatar image for thecrowbar
#21 Edited by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: The OPs trolling. Jhazz is a troll. Their threads aren't out of a love for the character but an attempt to annoy both that specific community and the people around the boards.

This is a junk thread. And you mods are far too lenient about it.

Edit: If you want us to ignore the Storm forum, give us the ability to lock it out. Otherwise seeing stupid threads like this will get a response, not just from me but others annoyed with this bs.

Avatar image for blood1991
#22 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Storm fans have a bad rep because of this, this and the battle forum. This is one of hundreds literally hundreds of threads like this. Every popular character gets a few sure, but Storm is subjected to this abuse constantly. I swear if there was a Storm themed nail polish it would have a thread here and while a handful of people might be interested ultimately it is just silly to discuss in its own thread breaking rules or not. Then we have threads on this forum that are brilliantly executed and well though out that get buried in these things. That isn't fair to the hard work they have put into their threads vs putting two names in a poll.

Avatar image for razzatazz
#23 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio

This is sidetracking the point of this thread, but I agree if fans of any group (including Storm fans) post junk threads in the the battles forums then they are trolling.  Have some Storm fans done so in the past?  Sure, just like Thor, Batman, Superman, Spider-Man or any other fans of any popular character have.  We don't treat any individual as part of a larger whole of "Storm  fans" or "Thor fans" or whatever.  If there is an offending member then they are dealt with.  In this case Jhazz has done nothing wrong to post this thread.  The only infraction he committed was posting this in General Discussion because his internet browser doesn't let him post polls in character forums (which I fixed).  If anyone doesn't like the posts in any part of the site, there is no need to go into that part of the site and call people out on their behaviour, unless it is breaking the rules.  Best just to leave them alone and let them enjoy the site as they like.  

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz:

Thor, Batman, Superman, Spider-Man or any other fans of any popular character have

.So are we just ignoring orders of magnitude?

Avatar image for razzatazz
#25 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: If there are numerous cases of Storm fans trolling the battle forum then flag them.  I haven't seen any in recent times, though I know it has been a problem in the past.  The moderators and staff don't hold grudges, if users get warned for behaviour and then they change their ways, there is no need to maintain any kind of attitude towards them.  I would suggest that you adopt the same approach.    
Avatar image for butterflykyss
#26 Posted by butterflykyss (4794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@butterflykyss: Storm fans have a bad rep because of this, this and the battle forum. This is one of hundreds literally hundreds of threads like this. Every popular character gets a few sure, but Storm is subjected to this abuse constantly. I swear if there was a Storm themed nail polish it would have a thread here and while a handful of people might be interested ultimately it is just silly to discuss in its own thread breaking rules or not. Then we have threads on this forum that are brilliantly executed and well though out that get buried in these things. That isn't fair to the hard work they have put into their threads vs putting two names in a poll.

If there was a storm-themed nail polish I am sure it would have a thread. But if a moderator saw it as spamming, trolling, or breaking a cv rule, then I am sure they would lock it. I understand that a lot of time goes into some of the threads and the work that these users put in is appreciated and valued. However, just like Razza stated, if we don't like a thread or if we think its pointless JUST Don't post in it. Instead, post continue to post in the ones that you feel add value. I liken it to the whole Reality TV phenomenon. People complain that its not quality tv, however, if people still give shows like that attention and ratings they will forever saturate the market. Same thing here, just ignore the ones you don't like and if quality ones are really as valued as some would seem to think, they will stand the test of time..

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#27 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@TheCrowbar: If there are numerous cases of Storm fans trolling the battle forum then flag them. I haven't seen any in recent times, though I know it has been a problem in the past. The moderators and staff don't hold grudges, if users get warned for behaviour and then they change their ways, there is no need to maintain any kind of attitude towards them. I would suggest that you adopt the same approach.

I have, I can name a few users I've done that with. But in this specific case. It hasn't changed. If you eliminate that user from the storm forum(Not actually but just ignore their threads) you'll see a forum with far less threads, on par with the normal.

Avatar image for razzatazz
#28 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Sure, but they are not breaking any rules here.  If they spam the battles or post mismatches that is one thing, but this forum exists to discuss Storm.   
 
BTW there must be Storm like nail polishes, black and white with a disco theme?  That can't be hard to find.   Here is my best guess:  
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for vance_astro
#29 Posted by vance_astro (89968 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

This is a junk thread. And you mods are far too lenient about it.

Getting tired of seeing stuff like this, especially when it's about something someone is doing that isn't even against the rules....
Moderator
Avatar image for butterflykyss
#30 Posted by butterflykyss (4794 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@TheCrowbar: Sure, but they are not breaking any rules here. If they spam the battles or post mismatches that is one thing, but this forum exists to discuss Storm.

BTW there must be Storm like nail polishes, black and white with a disco theme? That can't be hard to find. Here is my best guess:
No Caption Provided

Cute polish!!!

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (21029 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

On Topic.. I don't think either of these are her type personally.. but if i had to choose.. Batman.

I chose Superman because he is a powerful guy who can protect Storm and his family. I know Batman can too but I prefer Superman's style. I would also love to see all of their children able to fly.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#32 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@butterflykyss said:

On Topic.. I don't think either of these are her type personally.. but if i had to choose.. Batman.

I chose Superman because he is a powerful guy who can protect Storm and his family. I know Batman can too but I prefer Superman's style. I would also love to see all of their children able to fly.

.......................................The girls would stomp the hell out of their brothers

Avatar image for acon70
#33 Posted by acon70 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

batman.

Avatar image for thunderbolt30
#34 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12341 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Neither.

Avatar image for jonsmith
#35 Posted by JonSmith (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

... Yeah, I'd just 'pair' her with the Predator, personally. The pink one. Not the yellow one in fishnets.

Avatar image for squalleon
#36 Posted by Squalleon (9901 posts) - - Show Bio

When the Superman fan(Me) says batman then you gotta go with Batman!

I feel like that Storm would be better with the emotionally detached Bruce since she reminds me of Catwoman :-P

Avatar image for warlock2792
#37 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@BlackWind said:

Neither.

Agreed, but I'd choose Superman if it really came down to it

Avatar image for thunderbolt30
#38 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12341 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@BlackWind said:

Neither.

Agreed, but I'd choose Superman if it really came down to it

Ever since LordOraculus (forget his screen name) posted her with a DC hook-up with Geo-Force...it just seemed like that coupling could work! Out of these 2 I voted for Batman only because I think he would have more to offer Ororo.....and Christian Bale is pretty easy on the eyes ;-).

Avatar image for warlock2792
#39 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@BlackWind said:

Neither.

Agreed, but I'd choose Superman if it really came down to it

Ever since LordOraculus (forget his screen name) posted her with a DC hook-up with Geo-Force...it just seemed like that coupling could work! Out of these 2 I voted for Batman only because I think he would have more to offer Ororo.....and Christian Bale is pretty easy on the eyes ;-).

I dunno........I just see Supes as being more of a sweetheart to her...........they'd be annoyingly "good" together, but still.lol

Avatar image for big_nasty
#40 Posted by Big_Nasty (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, but a partnership with Vixen would be nice.

Avatar image for naamah
#41 Posted by Naamah (334 posts) - - Show Bio

If I must choose one or the other... I say Superman would be the smarter match.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#42 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Big_Nasty said:

Neither, but a partnership with Vixen would be nice.

Jhazz is against her being in a lesbian relationship..............but I would NOT be against it.lol

Avatar image for thunderbolt30
#43 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12341 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@BlackWind said:

Neither.

Agreed, but I'd choose Superman if it really came down to it

Ever since LordOraculus (forget his screen name) posted her with a DC hook-up with Geo-Force...it just seemed like that coupling could work! Out of these 2 I voted for Batman only because I think he would have more to offer Ororo.....and Christian Bale is pretty easy on the eyes ;-).

I dunno........I just see Supes as being more of a sweetheart to her...........they'd be annoyingly "good" together, but still.lol

Lol...true but f%^& that sweetheart ish. my reasons are all serf-serving like the gold-diggin' huzzy that I izzzzzzzzzzzz!!! I want those Wayne billions, some Batman intensive h2h training, and for some of his keen investigative prowess to pass on to Storm.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#44 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@BlackWind said:

Neither.

Agreed, but I'd choose Superman if it really came down to it

Ever since LordOraculus (forget his screen name) posted her with a DC hook-up with Geo-Force...it just seemed like that coupling could work! Out of these 2 I voted for Batman only because I think he would have more to offer Ororo.....and Christian Bale is pretty easy on the eyes ;-).

I dunno........I just see Supes as being more of a sweetheart to her...........they'd be annoyingly "good" together, but still.lol

Lol...true but f%^& that sweetheart ish. my reasons are all serf-serving like the gold-diggin' huzzy that I izzzzzzzzzzzz!!! I want those Wayne billions, some Batman intensive h2h training, and for some of his keen investigative prowess to pass on to Storm.

LOL I'm in it for LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!

Avatar image for passionflower
#45 Posted by PassionFlower (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on, I'd pair her with Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for jean199999
#46 Posted by Jean199999 (571 posts) - - Show Bio

I see her and Wonder Woman being best pals.

Avatar image for big_nasty
#47 Posted by Big_Nasty (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Big_Nasty said:

Neither, but a partnership with Vixen would be nice.

Jhazz is against her being in a lesbian relationship..............but I would NOT be against it.lol

I mean a partnership like Psylocke and X-23, but entertaining none the least.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#48 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Big_Nasty: I'd like that too.lol

Avatar image for spetsnaz_gru
#49 Posted by spetsnaz_gru (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Then Storm/WW/Superman love triangle. Love it!

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#50 Posted by jhazzroucher (21029 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@BlackWind said:

Neither.

Agreed, but I'd choose Superman if it really came down to it

Ever since LordOraculus (forget his screen name) posted her with a DC hook-up with Geo-Force...it just seemed like that coupling could work! Out of these 2 I voted for Batman only because I think he would have more to offer Ororo.....and Christian Bale is pretty easy on the eyes ;-).

I dunno........I just see Supes as being more of a sweetheart to her...........they'd be annoyingly "good" together, but still.lol

Lol...true but f%^& that sweetheart ish. my reasons are all serf-serving like the gold-diggin' huzzy that I izzzzzzzzzzzz!!! I want those Wayne billions, some Batman intensive h2h training, and for some of his keen investigative prowess to pass on to Storm.

that's like saying you like Black Panther and Storm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.