Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Do Storm and Xavier embody the same Dream?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

So to My knowledge-- Storm is the closest and maybe only X-man who shares the original dream Charles Xavier had for mutant kind. I was looking on the X-men forums and some disagree with that thought. Can someone tell me why? Or better yet do you believe that she still is the closest person in Marvel who still shares that vision. Tell me what your thoughts are on this subject.

Obviously mutants such as Cyclops, Emma, Magik, Magneto, Angel, Beast and other X-men who have been slightly tainted by their own troubles/issues & don't embody that original dream. And it really shows on them-- even visually in some cases.

Cyclops- Killed Xavier as Dark Phoenix

Emma- Follows Cyclops/ Phoenix host

Magneto- Doing better, but still a mutant extremist.

Magik- Is detestably evil.

Colossus- Is dealing with mental stress/ former Phoenix host

Angel- Has no memory of his former self

Hope- Too wrapped up in her own issues.

Jean- Dead

Nightcrawler- Dead

Iceman & Kitty- Maybe close to the same level as Storm.

Gambit- Doesn't seem as interested as other characters when it comes to Mutantkind. He has other interests to peruse.

Rogue- Still dealing with trust issues and internal conflicts.

Jubilee- Isn't even a mutant anymore. Having issues being a vampire. And what happened to her???

Psylocke- A bit of an assassin and not as focused on peace as Xavier was.

Dazzler- Is sucked into another dimension now. Her priorities are surely elsewhere.

Wolverine- >_> I will not accept this as a valid answer. lol -- for many reasons.

X-student- Are somewhat of background characters and rarely make a difference.

My Question again: Does Storm still embody Xavier's original dream? And who else does-- if anyone does at all?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Even if she occasionally despises the man for snatching her away from her luscious Serengeti home, she does, indeed, still stand for and believe in his dream. Had Brian Wood's tenure on X-Men been permanent, it'd be more than obvious.

Oh, and, Iceman and Kitty are non-factors. At least in the 616 U, anyways.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Daycrawler

@poisonfleur said:

So to My knowledge-- Storm is the closest and maybe only X-man who shares the original dream Charles Xavier had for mutant kind. I was looking on the X-men forums and some disagree with that thought. Can someone tell me why? Or better yet do you believe that she still is the closest person in Marvel who still shares that vision. Tell me what your thoughts are on this subject.

Obviously mutants such as Cyclops, Emma, Magik, Magneto, Angel, Beast and other X-men who have been slightly tainted by their own troubles/issues & don't embody that original dream. And it really shows on them-- even visually in some cases.

Cyclops- Killed Xavier as Dark Phoenix

Emma- Follows Cyclops/ Phoenix host

Magneto- Doing better, but still a mutant extremist.

Magik- Is detestably evil.

Colossus- Is dealing with mental stress/ former Phoenix host

Angel- Has no memory of his former self

Hope- Too wrapped up in her own issues.

Jean- Dead

Nightcrawler- Dead

Iceman & Kitty- Maybe close to the same level as Storm.

Gambit- Doesn't seem as interested as other characters when it comes to Mutantkind. He has other interests to peruse.

Rogue- Still dealing with trust issues and internal conflicts.

Jubilee- Isn't even a mutant anymore. Having issues being a vampire. And what happened to her???

Psylocke- A bit of an assassin and not as focused on peace as Xavier was.

Dazzler- Is sucked into another dimension now. Her priorities are surely elsewhere.

Wolverine- >_> I will not accept this as a valid answer. lol -- for many reasons.

X-student- Are somewhat of background characters and rarely make a difference.

My Question again: Does Storm still embody Xavier's original dream? And who else does-- if anyone does at all?

Think you are dismissing Rogue unfairly. Rogue has long since gotten over her trust issues and especially her internal conflicts. She's mastered her powers and acted as a role-model for other mutants (re: controlling powers, being responsible, etc). She's also promoted co-existence between mutants and humans, and indeed between different alien species on a number of occasions. She's being doing this for ages now.

For me, she would edge out Storm in this, as I'd say both still hold Xavier's dream dear, but Rogue has been more active in promoting it on a day to day basis. Storm's been too narrow in her interpretation/implementation of it as most of her time has been spent running missions with her Security Recon team. That's more of a protective/combat role to me, where Rogue has been more of a spokesperson a-la Xavier, as well as doing the while fighty/protecty thang.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

That dream is so broken and battered now, it's hard for most of the X-Men to even recognize it. To be honest, and fair to all of the X-Men, I don't think even Xavier could live up to the dream. I don't think Storm necessarily is the best representative of his dream or the embodiment of it, though. It's kind of sad, but the mutants who best embody the dream are non-X-Men or reservists, such as Dazzler, Firestar or Justice - mutants who lived among humans and maintained some type of personal life in addition to their careers, gaining fans or friends because of what they did and not who they were. The X-Men are like activists who prefer to stay in their HQ for various reasons instead of living among the people whose opinion they want to change. Various members have had their moments, but the dream ended up being too much for them to live up to while acting as superheroes, I guess. Going back into her past, though, even Storm has admitted to herself to feeling a lack of faith in the vision, finding that she doesn't necessarily feel any happiness from it and going so far as to doubt whether it failed during the Outback Era. In fairness, it can be said that she's rather ambivalent about it, and its' more the case that the vision and her ideals shared some similarities versus she and Xavier sharing the same vision. I would say no, but in the same sentence, most people fail at living up to their ideals and Xavier was similar to Magneto in that their vision didn't leave much space for the children they raised or trained to develop in a normal way.

A blog entry for Rogue's first acceptance on the team dovetails with this ambivalence: "That night, Storm wanders the grounds, torn between her desire to leave the team and reclaim her self and her obligations to the team, wondering who she'll ultimately become: Ororo or Storm." It somewhat showcases the fact that her identity as a person tends to get caught up in her membership of the X-Men, and even her initial acceptance of Xaviers' vision was out of naivete. After all, she had already been living in peace with humans before he came long. Xaviers' vision mainly functioned to bring a powerful mutant onto his team. Unlike characters living in more developed nations, she's not really dealing with anti-mutant hysteria until she joins the team and sees how mutants are perceived. She's almost granting them the grace of her presence as an act of beneficence - not really because she buys into the Dream 100%. She is moreso a character that gives up a justified overlord status for ethical reasons versus a character that doesn't think some people are more capable to be leaders.

(http://gentlemenofleisure1.blogspot.com/2012/09/x-amining-uncanny-x-men-171.html)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@poisonfleur: Interesting question. I agree with you. I think she is one of the remaining few who best represents Xavier's dream, if not the best. All of the relevant members of the x-rosters had challenges to their belief in his dream, but Storm stands among the few who have not deviated from the core purpsoe of their roles as X-Men or Xavier's dream of peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants.

@Daycrawler: I don't know if I agree with Rogue edging Storm out as it pertains to who embodies Xavier dream better. Rogue's past plays against her in that regard, and the inner conflict she has felt is something that she has been overcoming, but most of her career as an x-man has shown her struggling with the past life she lead when she was a part of Mystique's Brotherhood.

Storm has never been a villain like Rogue was. Looking at their careers in comics in their totality Storm has supported Xavier's dream from the beginning and has more notable accomplishments, as well as impressing and inspiring Xavier himself on how she has supported his dream. The biggest difference with her being that she didn't always agree with Xavier's approach on how that dream should be actualized. For example Storm took her own team from Xavier to find and neutralize th the threat of Destiny's diaries in support of his dream but without his approval or oversight, and later formed the XSE to protect both humans and mutants in support of that dream and with recognized global authority.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UltraBiel

@THUNDERBOLT30: @Daycrawler: The problem with Rogue is that the writters always use her past in stories even in Uncanny Avengers that is suposed to be a fresh start she is still written as a character in internal conflict. =/

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@UltraBiel said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: @Daycrawler: The problem with Rogue is that the writters always use her past in stories even in Uncanny Avengers that is suposed to be a fresh start she is still written as a character in internal conflict. =/

Just perused the issue. Good point. I think it's safe to say that writers need to try a new approach with her.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@poisonfleur: Interesting question. I agree with you. I think she is one of the remaining few who best represents Xavier's dream, if not the best. All of the relevant members of the x-rosters had challenges to their belief in his dream, but Storm stands among the few who have not deviated from the core purpsoe of their roles as X-Men or Xavier's dream of peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants.

@Daycrawler: I don't know if I agree with Rogue edging Storm out as it pertains to who embodies Xavier dream better. Rogue's past plays against her in that regard, and the inner conflict she has felt is something that she has been overcoming, but most of her career as an x-man has shown her struggling with the past life she lead when she was a part of Mystique's Brotherhood.

Storm has never been a villain like Rogue was. Looking at their careers in comics in their totality Storm has supported Xavier's dream from the beginning and has more notable accomplishments, as well as impressing and inspiring Xavier himself on how she has supported his dream. The biggest difference with her being that she didn't always agree with Xavier's approach on how that dream should be actualized. For example Storm took her own team from Xavier to find and neutralize th the threat of Destiny's diaries in support of his dream but without his approval or oversight, and later formed the XSE to protect both humans and mutants in support of that dream and with recognized global authority.

This best answers that question. Well said, TB.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator

Depends a bit, both Xavier and Storm have fluctuated characterization wise over the decades, both organically and not depending on your level of discretion. As it to pertains to the X-men, well I remember a time out of a few when Remy was the only one to back up Xavier, I wouldn't dismis him because he covers over that with charm. Ironically enough characterization wise this could make him one of the leading proponents of Xaviers original dream. Rogue is also the living embodiment of Xaviers dream, potential menace to society - learned control mutant powers and to be good - asset to society.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PassionFlower

I think Storm is the best representative of Xavier and his hopes and ideals. Rogue is trying and Kitty is a good choice but I see Storm as a figure that has influence beyond the mutant world into all parts of super human society and society in general. Now saying she is the best representative is not saying she is the embodiment maybe that is Rogue.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think they all have the same dream. I don't think you're allowed to be an X-Man if you don't...

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PassionFlower

The thing too is that while Storm respects Xavier and honors him but she has her OWN ideals that she follows but have been influenced by him.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Daycrawler

What about Beast?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Blood1991

I would say Kitty, Bobby, and Hank have held closely as well which is the big division in All New X-Men. You once again have Xavier vs Magneto except this time the villain isn't clearly painted. The reader is deciding who is right and who is wrong; Xavier's dream, or Magneto's revolution. The only thing that has changed are the people leading the cause.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XsPectre28

ware as storm may be one of the people that still strongly supports Xavier's her lack of duty to step up and truly oppose cyclops has AGAIN demeaned her character & postion. Storm is the second most long standing as a leader chosen by xavier to lead in his stead should anything ever happen to him. honestly i feel depending on the writer that storm has been sidetracked as so not to be put in a position to truly be a real factor in opposition ( being asked to join the avengers, her marriage to black panther~ both were used as story plots to keep her from being the prominent character to oppose cyclops & instead putting another or other tainted characters up at bat E.G wolverine & rogue).

bottom line if storm( as far as comicbook wise) was so adamant about being a true advocate of the dream why did she side with cyclops just because he asked her to, if she was truly for the dream she would have left with wolverine when he reopened the school.

wolverine is also a believer in the dream but what we as the readers need to realize as the writers themselves are realizing by going back & looking at their work is that THEY ALL STILL BELIEVE IN XAVIER'S DREAM (INCLUDING CYCLOPS) its just they are all taking different approaches as to how to reach that goal. Xavier said himself back in Legacy when he was in the Marauder's base with Magneto, frenzy, & Omega sentinel that "His dream as well as Magneto's was no longer relevant because of the Scarlet Witch creating the decimation, he said that everyone was moving past them & She(Scarlet Witch) made him realize that his dream nor magneto's would never come to pass" so to be honest it doesnt matter how is for the dream & who isn't the one now that is getting into xavier's dream isnt even a mutant and thats Captain America & thats why he decided to add more mutants/x-men to the avengers roster & make a new team(Uncanny Avengers & put Havok not just a x-team leader but also cyclops brother as this teams leader). back to wolverine he has never been a boyscout as cyclops was he was tainted before he even joined the x-men & handled the dirtier jobs that why cyclops had him lead the new x-force. as time went on & wolverine saw that cyclops was taken on a "do what must be done by any means" persona he decided to step up and try to remove the x-children from being used as soilders( again something that storm should have done).

rogue has grown into her place over the years and evolved to become the semi-leader that she has become but again she has been slighted as a leader because like cyclops & storm & even wolverine she has the capability to be a great leader but the writers put her in these love triangles powers issues & ESC to keep her from stepping up to the plate.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

I think they all have the same dream. I don't think you're allowed to be an X-Man if you don't...

LOL This

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By poisonfleur

WOW-- That was a lot to read. Everyone's views are really interesting. And nobody is wrong for giving the opinion they give. I almost forgot that Storm differs from Xavier because her approach is more global. I am also surprised to see this support for Rogue. I just feel that between her past, dating Magneto, Wolverine and Cyclops deeming her untrustworthy, and her joining the Avengers.. this all seems like a different path than Xavier would have intended, IMO. Still-- Everyone-- Great discussion.

@White Mage said:

@Vance Astro said:

I think they all have the same dream. I don't think you're allowed to be an X-Man if you don't...

LOL This

White Mage, I think Vance was joking... at least I hope he was... Right? lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @poisonfleur said:

White Mage, I think Vance was joking... at least I hope he was... Right? lol

I wasn't. 
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By fodigg

I think it's clear that Wolverine is being set up as the true successor to Charles Xavier. God help us.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blood1991

@fodigg said:

I think it's clear that Wolverine is being set up as the true successor to Charles Xavier. God help us.

Unfortunately this is true, and yes terrifying. Perhaps in the future Storm will rise up to be the leader she once was, but as of now we will be lucky to continue to see her lead a squad. Hell a year ago her having more then one word bubble was asking for to much apparently.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PassionFlower

@Daycrawler said:

What about Beast?

OK if I weren't such a Storm Stan I might have said Beast. He has been consistent.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Thanks. I think this is the type of role that should get expanded on for Storm (like her old XSE and pre AvX security team) if Marvel ever decides to have a rival team to help quell the damage that could created by Scott's revolutionaries.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

News to make a stone weep, indeed. It's very funny that a character who gained popularity by being homicidal action junky is now being billed as a peaceful leader of a non-violent dream. I wonder what his fans think.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PassionFlower

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Thanks. I think this is the type of role that should get expanded on for Storm (like her old XSE and pre AvX security team) if Marvel ever decides to have a rival team to help quell the damage that could created by Scott's revolutionaries.

I'd go for that. I'd really like to see her get a piece of Scott along the way.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blood1991

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

O.o do you think Uncanny X-Force could go along that line at times? I think it is brilliant.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By poisonfleur

@fodigg said:

OMGawd... Please don't say that.... That just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth... Like the writers decided to take all the character growth Storm and Cyclops made a put it into Wolverine-- just because....

I still believe that in schism.. Storm should have been the leader to leave NOT Wolverine.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By theTimeStreamer

the nerve of some people. the most irrelevant x-man the embodiment of prof x's dream? yeah right. you guys were itching for cyke to fail and pronounce her the only real x-man. pfff. good thing writers dont listen to fanboys.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LordOfFate

I think the question should be asked "Why does Marvel keep trying to make us forget that Storm was the leader of the X-Men and one of the major players of the X-Verse". IMHO, Decimation was the start of the end of Storm's character.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

O.o do you think Uncanny X-Force could go along that line at times? I think it is brilliant.

I would LOVE it if they did. You can imagine the reaction from Cyclops, Emma and Magneto to find Storm on a secret X-force team. It could make such a great story.

@PassionFlower: Agreed :-). Scott vs Ororo is one of the oldest, but obviously still popular, x-rivalries.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Blood1991

@THUNDERBOLT30: I would love for the team to go on a mission to find Scott's base. Interrogate Danger, have a run in with Emma who out of pure spite for Scott lets them do what they came there for "but she has words with Storm and Psylocke". The stories that can be told!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: I would love for the team to go on a mission to find Scott's base. Interrogate Danger, have a run in with Emma who out of pure spite for Scott lets them do what they came there for "but she has words with Storm and Psylocke". The stories that can be told!

YES :-)....Spiral to ensorcel Danger and extract whatever info they want, get some catty anf funny word exchanges from Psylocke, Storm and Emma, and have Puck end the conversation with some uncomfortable flirtation from Puck at watching the ladies talk ish. If Magik isn't....drastically altered -__-....a showdown between her and Spiral would be a bad-a$$ fight.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Blood1991

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

YES :-)....Spiral to ensorcel Danger and extract whatever info they want, get some catty anf funny word exchanges from Psylocke, Storm and Emma, and have Puck end the conversation with some uncomfortable flirtation from Puck at watching the ladies talk ish. If Magik isn't....drastically altered -__-....a showdown between her and Spiral would be a bad-a$$ fight.

Lol and have Storm own wimpy Magneto.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Lol...Storm owning Magnus would SHUT.CV. DOWN. He who must not be named (HWMNBN moving forward) would put a nightmare spam scan tornado of their fight up our a$$e$ until the Storm forum is mysteriously deleted again :-P.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Blood1991

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Lol...Storm owning Magnus would SHUT.CV. DOWN. He who must not be named (HWMNBN moving forward) would put a nightmare spam scan tornado of their fight up our a$$e$ until the Storm forum is mysteriously deleted again :-P.

Lol it would be worth it. Hell Humphries needs to invite us over for inspiration we have some kick ass ideas.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991: If we are lucky he will like Wood. That guy was impressively responsive to fans and regularly read feedback forums on CBR. It was pretty cool to be able to give praise to and communicate with the writer directly.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blood1991

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991: If we are lucky he will like Wood. That guy was impressively responsive to fans and regularly read feedback forums on CBR. It was pretty cool to be able to give praise to and communicate with the writer directly.

He is just great in every way. Ultimate X-Men is phenomenal.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

He is just great in every way. Ultimate X-Men is phenomenal.

Hell yes it is. Wood has proven to be a very compelling writer. His Kitty is freakin' awesome, he has Storm stradily building a role in the book, and has some cool a$$ new characters (Mach-2, Blackheath, and tha little technopath guy). I would happily pay double if he comes back and handles a Marvel NOW team book with Storm at the helm. He had an interview earlier this week and his schedule is packed full of wooks he's writing so I know this is probably wishful thinking. But yeah his Ult. X-Men is easily a top fave of the 15ish or so books I buy each month.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blacharrt1

Charles did a lot of things that was contrary to his original dream, before he died, you couldn't honestly associate him with what he once was. He couldn't honestly do this himself which is why he was moppy and depressed majority of the time. I honestly don't see why so many people are upset about him dying. He didn't shed any tears when he sent Vulcan's young team out to get killed, then mind-wiped everyone who knew about that team, then immediately sent a third team directly into danger. Then you have that whole thing with Danger, being a sentient being whom Charles had imprisoned just to train his x-men the entire time. He manipulated a lot of people, poor poor Sage.

I think Storm still embody that original ideal. Wolverine trying to champion it is just laughable, especially after just finished killing his son, several of his other kids, anyone who was seen as a threat to Mutant kind (x-force).

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Wow...totally did not consider these facts. All very good point. For all the good intentions of the dream we sometimes forget that some of the actions taken to make it happen, even from it's originator, have seriously crossed into some morally gray areas.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By poisonfleur

@Blacharrt1: HAAAHAHA! I agree 100%... but don't tell that to other's who are convinced that Wolverine is the 2nd Xavier.. they will argue you all day. :/

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

OMG!!!! Now it has to happen. Storm Mollywhopin' Magneto! I would be off the walls and on the floor laughing!! XD How many Storm haters on CV would be feeling so SALTY!!!

@Lord Shiva said:

I think the question should be asked "Why does Marvel keep trying to make us forget that Storm was the leader of the X-Men and one of the major players of the X-Verse". IMHO, Decimation was the start of the end of Storm's character.

You are right-- House of M was around the time Storm got a bit down played... And Decimation was just a joke.. I only remember her having a panel of lines when talking to scott about the house of M events. You are totally right. That's when it started. It's like Emma took over the 'Lady from X-men' mantle in the Marvel events.

@theTimeStreamer said:

the nerve of some people. the most irrelevant x-man the embodiment of prof x's dream? yeah right. you guys were itching for cyke to fail and pronounce her the only real x-man. pfff. good thing writers dont listen to fanboys.

No Caption Provided
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By jhazzroucher

@PassionFlower said:

I think Storm is the best representative of Xavier and his hopes and ideals. Rogue is trying and Kitty is a good choice but I see Storm as a figure that has influence beyond the mutant world into all parts of super human society and society in general. Now saying she is the best representative is not saying she is the embodiment maybe that is Rogue.

i agree.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By SUNMAN

As of 2013 no X-men or former X-men fully embodies Xavier's dream anymore.

That dream died after Cyclops blasted him into a million pieces.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

the answer is an ABSOLUTE YES!

Storm and Prof X embody the same dream.

I think Shadowcat and Jubilee too. not sure with everybody else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.