Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10172 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Are you ok with Singer's version of Storm?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By jhazzroucher

Poll Are you ok with Singer's version of Storm? (16 votes)

Yes because we understand this is an alternate movie version of Storm 31%
    No, Singer just changed her too much that it's unacceptable 69%

[ The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month ]

According to this Singer Interview:

, Storm originally doesn't have white hair in X-men: Apocalypse and as soon as Apocalypse transforms her into one of his horsemen, she will have white hair, the ability to fly and the ability to ride with lightning.

Singer has not given as Storm's blue eyes too.

Singer didn't even gave us a good looking iconic cape for Storm.

The problem is that people around the world will watch the movie and they never know Storm actually has blue eyes , and they would think that it was Apocalypse who made her hair white and people might even say Apocalypse gave her powers.

Are you ok with Singer's version of Storm since it's a movie version of Storm or did he change her too much making her a totally different character from the Storm we know in comics?

No Caption Provided

• 
    Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's kinda annoying the way he's shaping her character. Why doesn't she have white hair? Why can't she fly or ride lightning without Apocalypse? It's unnecessary changes to her character

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@tonix said:

It's kinda annoying the way he's shaping her character. Why doesn't she have white hair? Why can't she fly or ride lightning without Apocalypse? It's unnecessary changes to her character

Sadly true. :(

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

tbh I feel like Singer has made a mess out of most of the X-Men characters, Storm included.

He succeeded with Xavier, Magneto, and to an extent Wolverine that's pretty much it (maybe Beast)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care about eye color.

The cape isn't that big an issue.

The not having white hair at birth is odd, but not a deal-breaker.

I think, given her name, we all know Apoc didn't give her her powers. He most likely strengthened them.

It's a bunch of small things, really. I wouldn't say they are character defining things though. At the very least, I do hate that mohawk haircut. It's...so...ugly. On everyone who wears it. (Looking at you, Captain Marvel).

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

OMg... this biased @$$ poll. I don't agree with either of these answers....

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.. Tbh the hair doesn't make much sense. How does weather control give you white hair? (even if her powers are boosted).

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.. Tbh the hair doesn't make much sense. How does weather control give you white hair? (even if her powers are boosted).

Exactly

it irks me

Loading Video...

but honestly i don't think her powers are being boosted in that way,from this interview it just seems like Apocalypse helps her realize her potential and come into her enormous power much faster then she would have on her own.

I just look at it as like an alternate/ultimate version of Ororo,instead of 616 version . It keeps me less disappointed tbh.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex is just so damn hyper...but i love it!!

Its hard to not like her because she so enthusiastic and bubbly. I like that she read as many comics with Storm as a possible.The Aaliyah movie i slowly fading out of memory...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um....well I can't say I don't like her. But from the trailers she looks very *sigh* she's tolerable. -_-

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no because of these three things:

Singer got rid of her...

1. Background/Heritage

2. Her potential of power achieved through herself and not from upgrades.

3. Her character: A protector of Earth and almost all living things and her connection to both.

Is it not correct that she can feel the pain the environment suffers as her own? Yet she joins Apocalypse?! And she is not being controlled? -_-This Storm looks entertaining at best but does not do a good job in representing the real Storm.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tonix

I don't understand the thought process that goes into developing these scripts.These are comics that have been out for over 50 years. There is a blueprint to pull from right onto the screen. There's no need for any major changes cause the comics have already established the characters. I feel like Singer and Simon need to step away from the franchise cause they don't have a grasp on many of the characters compared to Marvel. Marvel has yet to make a movie I dislike. I really hated Captain America before but because of Marvel's direction and Chris Evans acting, I enjoyed them. I know people have an issue with Halle' portrayal of Storm (I honestly love her as Storm. She's played her so many times, I can't see anyone else playing her) in my eyes you can't blame Halle cause she's bound by contracts, the director, and the script. I'm an actor and there's only so much you can do for your character as an actor but the ultimate decision is up to the director thru editing. He's the reason why Halle' Storm struggled against Toad. Toad of all mutants. She had powerful feats in X2 with freezing that telapth into submission and the whirlwinds,I'll give him that, but we all know she could've handled the water that killed Jean easily either by freezing it or evaporating it. I'll give him credit for DOFP because Storm came off as very regal and was the most powerful X-men on the team and she was supposed to do more according to the storyboards I saw but Halle was pregnant. Without her, the battle would've been over in a minute. I liked in the beginning that he's showing an angrier Storm in Apocalyps cause that means some ruthless feats, but it seems that he puts all of Storm's glory on Apocalypse. Without him, she's nothing and I hate that. I'll still support the movie cause I really love Alexandra's enthusiasm and would love to see how she joins the team, but for future films, I would hope Singer and Simon take a break.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    @tonix said:

I can agree with you on that.

Here is the thing EVERYTHING is ALL mixed up. From Mystique leading the X-men to Wolverine leading the X-men and becoming the face of X-men everything is about him (literally). To Scott being younger brother to Alex being the older brother. To jean being young to changing Storm's background LOL EVERYONE is confused Really. The X-Men don't know what they are anymore roles has been changed, character backgrounds have been changed etc.

The X-Men are CONFUSED.

Everything is backwards. Now Storm here is the thing if you look at it Storm is being dialed down because REALLY in all the X-men movies technically Storm IS the most powerful one and most threatening Next to Magneto. And so people we have to remember creating crazy weather phenomenon takes A LOT of money to do. Look at Thor Movies he does the same thing created 1Tornado and shot lightning out his hammer. Pretty Much the same thing Storm has been doing for the pass few movies. Nothing new, creating big weather feats seems like a money problem to me. As for her character it's a hit and miss one moments she's motherly next moment she's punk rock disastrous. Plus I don't think storm will get any more screen time because this movie is ALL about Prof. X and Magneto sexual tension between each other(seriously) they are like a couple always arguing, but knowing they really love each other. And let us not forget IT"S ALL ABOUT MYSTIQUE And Wolverine.

That's what we have to look forward to this movie. Really think about it in the trailer who's face do we see more often????

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tonix

@stormphoenix: that's why it's hard for me to really love an X-men movie. I'm so tired of Wolverine. He has the whackest powers in my eyes. He may be able to heal but anyone can immobilize him. All the attention was on him which screwed more complex characters like Storm Cyclops and Jean.

DOFP is my favorite because it didn't seem like Hugh Jackman overload. He was just the tie in to the past and the future, and Storm was memorable for the short amount of screen time.

I do agree that the X-men films and characters are confused. That's why I want one with the original cast to set what the standard should be and stop just hopping 10 years into the future. With Hugh Jackman gone, I can see James Marsden and Halle leading a team with all the originals from the 1st trilogy.

Concerning her weather effects, I don't think the issue is money, I think the issue is they don't know Storm's power. She doesn't need to take a minute to shoot lightning (but the build up of her powers are more spectacular to me than just split second effects like how she was in DOFP and the tornado scene) If they can afford to make Magneto move a bridge and stadium, I'm sure they can afford her powers.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix:

that's why it's hard for me to really love an X-men movie. I'm so tired of Wolverine. He has the whackest powers in my eyes. He may be able to heal but anyone can immobilize him. All the attention was on him which screwed more complex characters like Storm Cyclops and Jean.

Yup you pretty much hit the nail on the head. If you really look at the other X-men movies not a lot of characters had character build, BUT Wolverine and Rouge. Wolverines powers are cool, but I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM IN EVERY MOVIE.

DOFP is my favorite because it didn't seem like Hugh Jackman overload. He was just the tie in to the past and the future, and Storm was memorable for the short amount of screen time.

Nah the ONLY memorable thing Storm did in that movie was destroy a fleet of ships and died few minutes after. . As well as the other mutants that we barely care about or even had time to develop their character.

I do agree that the X-men films and characters are confused. That's why I want one with the original cast to set what the standard should be and stop just hopping 10 years into the future. With Hugh Jackman gone, I can see James Marsden and Halle leading a team with all the originals from the 1st trilogy.

Agreed. As I said they are Confused. In the first X-men film Pro.X says Jean Scott and Storm are the first X-men. THEN in the forth movie AFTER, DOFP they reset the WHOLE timeline. So it's back to Jean, Scott,Storm, Logan. NOW In X-men first class Mystique, Beast, Banshee were the first mutants?? Not to mention Mystique was the Bad guy and tried to kill the X-men in the first movie NOW your telling people she was a member AND the Leader of the X-men...........HUH??? HAHAHAH has anyone notice that in X-men 1 Jean, Scott and Storm were the ONLY actual X-men members.

Concerning her weather effects, I don't think the issue is money, I think the issue is they don't know Storm's power. She doesn't need to take a minute to shoot lightning (but the build up of her powers are more spectacular to me than just split second effects like how she was in DOFP and the tornado scene) If they can afford to make Magneto move a bridge and stadium, I'm sure they can afford her powers.

You got me there I forgot about the Magneto powers having him do awesome things. But don't forget the Movie is about him and Charles and Mystique. Your right they don't know how her powers work. *sigh* dear god Marvel NEEDS to work hard to get them back. Because soon Death of X is coming and I have a feeling that's going to hurt a LOT of X-men fans.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I say Storm was memorable because she was the powerhouse on the team. Now.else could've stopped the sentinels than her but yea she did die too quickly and too easily. If Fox knew her powers they would know she should've sensed the sentinels as it jumped at her. In the storyboards she was supposed to survive much longer.

I would love for Marvel to get them. He'll just have Storm join the Avengers cause she's been a part of the team before if I remember correctly.

What is Death of X by the way?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@tonix: Yeah your right they killed her off WAY to quick. I was sad, but I also kinda laughed. Fox doesn't care about character powers or how they work. Marvel must get them back Yes Storm was a member of the Avengers and I personally think she still is. But thanks to AVX -_- hope for that is lost. Anyway she was doing pretty good although they kinda made her lame. LOL

Death of X is a X-men Event that Marvel is doing. And some people are speculating that the X-men will ALL die. (it's SPECULATION) we don't know. We think Marvel is getting rid of the X-men permanently......, but as I said we don't know.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.