Follow

Stephanie Brown

Character » Stephanie Brown appears in 788 issues.

Stephanie Brown is the Cluemaster's daughter. She becomes the Spoiler to "spoil" her father's criminal plots, and dated Tim Drake while he was Robin. Steph temporarily becomes Robin when Tim is forced to quit by his father. Later, she briefly resumes being Spoiler before Cassandra Cain decides to pass her the mantle of Batgirl. In the New 52 and Rebirth, she's back to being The Spoiler.

Stephanie will come back as...?

UltimateSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By UltimateSaiyan

Poll Stephanie will come back as...? (15 votes)

Spoiler 80%
    The next robin 7%
    Batgirl 27%
    Red Robin 0%

If you've been following the Batgirl and Batman & Robin series, then you know that Damian Wayne is dead and Batgirl is being hunted by the police, so where can you go with this? If Batgirl is being chased, and no long wears the trademark bat symbol, then there needs to be new one. Sure it could be Cassandra Cain as the next Batgirl, and Stephanie as the next Robin, but what's your opinion?

She could come back as Spoiler, since that was her trademark, but there is currently no Robin or Batgirl at the moment, so she could be either of those, unless Tim chooses to take his role back, and lets her have the claim of being Red Robin.

• 
    EuniceGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

as spoiler

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I go Spoiler as well. If she is to be re-introduced, she should probably start out in her own role. Perhaps in a similar manner to the way she was originally introduced (better to rehash the origin than have DC drastically change it so that it becomes unrecognizable).

And while I love Steph as Batgirl, I don't see that happening right not given Barbara's popularity. So I'd be more than willing to see her return as Spoiler. But as Robin or Red Robin just wouldn't feel right to me right now.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@supbatz: Was it you I was talking to before about the idea of two Bat-Families, one for Bruce, one for Kate? If not I apologise for commenting.

How would you feel about Stephanie coming back as a new Flamebird and joining the Kate-Family, now that Bette has moved on from the title?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yes, it was me you spoke to about that. And I really do like the idea of two separate Bat Families headed by Bruce and Kate.

As for Steph returning as Flamebird, I hadn't even thought to consider the possibility. It might be an interesting experiment, for sure. But I feel like Steph has closer ties to Bruce's family (Tim and Cassandra, in particular) than she does to Kate's family. If Steph were to take the role of Flamebird, I would definitely be open to the idea. But it wouldn't be my first choice. Just because I feel like she needs to at least start out as a part of Bruce's family (be it as Spoiler or as Batgirl) before even considering moving on to Kate's family.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: That seems fair, as she obviously does have close ties to the Bruce-Family. But considering the reboot, and things being potentially changed, it seems possible that the past ties could be forgotten.

I get the feeling that DC might just try and push Batwoman into the main Bat-Family though. And now that they can just hire a writer who'll do what they want, it would be so easy to do. :(

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

I think she should start out as Batgirl.She was awesome when she was Batgirl and I want her back like that.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SupBatz

@v_scarlotte_rose: Oh yes, I think that it is a fair possibility. If and when Steph is reintroduced, DC will probably want to "reinvent" her. So while I would prefer that her past ties be kept, it is possible that they might just be left behind.

I really hope that that isn't the case. Keeping Batwoman distant from Bruce's family and separate from all of these events (Night of Owls, Death of the Family etc) has been one of the greatest charms to come from the series. But there is a fair chance that a new writer might leave all of that behind. It's only a matter of time before the new Batwoman writer is announced (if there will be a new writer). Here's hoping it will be a more seasoned writer who won't just be an editorial puppet.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I really loved how she grew as Batgirl but I always figured that was a temporary role and that she would eventually go back to the Spoiler identity

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: Hopefully she can remain fairly similar, but anything could happen I imagine.

I suppose it depends on what the new writer thinks about crossovers/tie-ins. I know that J.H. Williams doesn't seem to like them, but a lot of other writers seem to. If there's going to be tie-ins in every Scott Snyder Batman story, I wouldn't be surprised if Batwoman got dragged in. I'm not sure if they'd want to hire a non-puppet considering the backlash they've had from writers leaving due to interference.

I'm kind of wondering if it's going to be Marguerite Bennett that takes over, as she's a "former student of Scott Snyder", who's written an annual with him, plus the Batgirl Zero Year issue. It would perhaps be easier to push editorial rules on a new writer, and as a friend of Scott Snyder, he could put in a good word for her. I don't know what her writing is like though, so I can't tell if she would handle the series well.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will be too early for her to come back as Batgirl, plus I'm a Babs fan so I'm hoping she will come back as Spoiler. It will be nice to have her in the 52 anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.