Follow

Static

Character » Static appears in 185 issues.

Virgil Hawkins was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota, which gave him and other 'bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, Static joined the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

Static Beyond

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dementedtheclown

This is the only other Beyond title we really need. Must be done right, all new rouge gallery, and must be somewhat darker then we are used to. Static deserves to be a major DC Legend, not just a Saturday morning cartoon legend. Who's with me?

No Caption Provided
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RedK
    @dementedtheclown: yea, hopefully they will make him more of a bad-ass in his new series
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

I agree, Static is great, He needs to be on a flagship team though, Screw Cyborg, Static should have been the seventh member of the league in the reboot...On a sad note, I don't think anyone could write him like McDuffie did though.

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Burnstar1230

He's pretty much the only absent superhero that we know still exists in the Beyond universe. Seen Supes and the rest of the Justice League but nothing about Static. Maybe the writers just ignored/forgot that Static still exists in the future or maybe they're going with how Milestone ended their run of Static and having him retire in his 30s.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Samimista

I agree Static deserves more attention than what he gets I think he's pretty cool.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do think Static could be a little more grim when older. Years of being in Dakota City should've hardened him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree. I have absolutely no interest in Virgil as an adult. We barely see him as it is and people want.to see him as an adult and skip all the fun times we could see with him and his friends? Also, I don't want Static turning dark and edgy. One of the best things about Virgil is that he loves being a superhero, end of story. I don't want to see him becoming jaded and cynical to where being Static is a chore for him.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I disagree. I have absolutely no interest in Virgil as an adult. We barely see him as it is and people want.to see him as an adult and skip all the fun times we could see with him and his friends? Also, I don't want Static turning dark and edgy. One of the best things about Virgil is that he loves being a superhero, end of story. I don't want to see him becoming jaded and cynical to where being Static is a chore for him.

this. i dont have any problem with seeing him as an adult in the Beyond Universe but i want him to keep his good humor and lightheartedness

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Static Beyond looked like this

No Caption Provided

I think it be really cool if they had a Static Beyond book. I mean it's not like they have a any Static book right now and it's not like Earth 1 and Earth 12 are the same earth so you could have old and young static.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a Static Beyond book (given that they still keep younger Static in New 52). As a 15 year old, he always showed a ton of potential and creativity with his powers. I think he could very well be the Magneto of the DC universe (with electricity included). Terry McGinnis implied that old Static was one of the most powerful and revered heroes in the future timeline. It'd be cool to see that played out.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@teerack said:

Static Beyond looked like this

No Caption Provided

I think it be really cool if they had a Static Beyond book. I mean it's not like they have a any Static book right now and it's not like Earth 1 and Earth 12 are the same earth so you could have old and young static.

thats the older Static beyond from JLU. the younger version showed up in Static Shock.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.