Follow

Starfire

Character » Starfire appears in 2156 issues.

Formerly warrior Princess Koriand'r of the now-destroyed planet Tamaran, Starfire found a new home on Earth and a new family in the Teen Titans. She was once romantically involved with Dick Grayson, and often dealt with hostilities from her older sister Blackfire. Starfire has also served with many other teams such as the Outsiders, Justice League, R.E.B.E.L.S. and Jason Todd's Outlaws.

What if Starfire appeared in "Young Justice?"

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

The Young Justice series has been going pretty well I think, the show's setting on Earth 16 is has alot of differences from the mainstream DC universe but is still quite enjoyable (so far more so than the New 52 in my opinion XD). At any rate, being the big Starfire and Tamaranean fan that I am, I started thinking...What if Starfire and her people appeared on "Young Justice?" How should she and her people be portrayed in contrast to how they've been in the comics and on the Teen Titans cartoon series?

As we all know, in the comics Starfire, her evil big sister Blackfire, and their little bro Darkfire are the only Tamaraneans with Starbolt powers and 100+ level strength & durability, whereas the rest of their people only possess the power of flight & an unspecified level of strength. Basically, they're "Super Tamarans" with special super powers granted to them due a Psion experiment conducted to see how much ultraviolet radiation a Tamaranean body could hold before they go kaboom (turns out they don't go boom XD). However, in the Teen Titan cartoon series it is said or implied that ALL Tamaraneans possess the same super powers as Starfire and her family, they're species specific traits that they control via their emotions, joy for flight, fury for starbolts, and confidence for super strength (although to be fair we never saw any Tamaraneans use their super powers besides Starfire & Blackfire during the series, I attribute this to time or budget issues, shrugs).

At any rate, if Starfire, Blackfire, and their people were to be featured in "Young Justice" someday, do you think it would be best to depict all Tamaraneans as possessing the same powers like in "Teen Titans Go!" or to portray Starfire & Blackfire after their comic book selves more closely? I.e. make them uniquely empowered members of their species? I mean, Young Justice has already made some big changes in regards to the Martians, such as the fact that the entire race still thrives on Mars unlike in the comics where they are all but extinct. Also, the trouble between green and white martians now stems from racial prejudice rather than one race being inherently more violent than the other like in the main DC universe, now white martians resent green martians due to being treated like second class citizens by the green majority. The way I look at it, if Earth 16 can fit in an entire Martian race possessing the same powers and abilities as Martian Manhunter only at varying skill levels, I don't see why they couldn't do the same for the Tamaraneans if the show's staff wanted to take that route.

So yeah, when and if the Tamaranean people and its two biggest stars Starfire & Blackfire ever grace "Young Justice" with their presence, would you rather the Royal Tamaranean Family be the only ones with super powers or should the entire Tamaranean race possess the same abilities & potential? What aspects of their characters and cultures from the TV series and comics should be kept canon or changed?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'd picture it like they did in Teen Titans.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By luckydomino1

only royal family

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Hmmm, well they could though hopefully they'll go with a more mature version of Starfire than the one in Teen Titans, since Miss Martian already fills that void. Though it would be creepy for a hot alien princess to be hitting on Robin unless they age him a bit (which I hope they do between seasons 1 and 2).....but nah now that I think about it I don't think she should be in Young Justice because she doesn't have enough of a connection to the Justice League which is what they seem to kinda be going for.

Did I miss an episode of Young Justice where it showed that the rest of the Martian race is still alive? I thought J'onn was the last green martian and M'gann is the last white martian (though she's hiding that fact, I'm glad they at least alluded to it recently.)

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sinestro2828

@PrinceIMC said:

Hmmm, well they could though hopefully they'll go with a more mature version of Starfire than the one in Teen Titans, since Miss Martian already fills that void. Though it would be creepy for a hot alien princess to be hitting on Robin unless they age him a bit (which I hope they do between seasons 1 and 2).....but nah now that I think about it I don't think she should be in Young Justice because she doesn't have enough of a connection to the Justice League which is what they seem to kinda be going for. Did I miss an episode of Young Justice where it showed that the rest of the Martian race is still alive? I thought J'onn was the last green martian and M'gann is the last white martian (though she's hiding that fact, I'm glad they at least alluded to it recently.)

I'd honestly like to see the Team recruit characters who aren't just younger versions of established heroes (don't get me wrong, I like the current cast and all, but it would be cool to see at least Starfire join the team at some point). A more mature Starfire modeled more closely after her comic self would be fine by me, assuming Miss Martian's still part of the main cast after season 1 (Robin's future with the team is the only one that i personally feel is secured, any of the others could die or move on before then, assuming the show is gonna continue with its dark, more serious storyline).

At any rate, I agree that Rob should be aged a bit first, probably will be by the time season 2 comes around, even though its still only season 1 XD. However, if Starfire were to be introduced to "Young Justice," would you prefer for Kory's powers & those of her siblings to be a natural skillset common to all Tamaraneans or for their abilities to be the result of Psion experimentation like in the comic books?

And yep, I've read online that Miss Martian & Martian Manhunter are not the last of their kind like in main DC continuity, both the white and green martians continue to thrive on their homeworld, and M'ggan has said that on her world white martians are a minority mistreated by the green martian majority (its no longer a case of one race of martians being naturally inclined towards violence and the other naturally peaceful). Its been said that she has a rather sizable number of siblings and cousins as well O_O

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sinestro2828

@luckydomino1 said:

only royal family

Any reason why?

Avatar image for princesssolaria
    PrincessSolaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PrincessSolaria

sounds fantastic for me!!!

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sinestro2828

@PrincessSolaria said:

sounds fantastic for me!!!

What does? The idea of Starfire joining the Young Justice cast or appearing on the show one day? Any opinion on whether her super powers should be the result of Psion experimentation like in the main comics or simply natural Tamaranean abilities like on the Teen Titans cartoon show?

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By RedOwl_1

Mmm.. looks like too much for me, Megan is like a equal of she :S Both alien, with powers, happy all day, very emotional fragile.

To much annoying happiness for me

Damn I'm a Batman fan, if a read comics of a dark guy I obviously can support too much sweetness (Tiny Titans is an exception, it make me melt down :D but that is one of my few girly aspects) is annoying for me

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By KainScion

i only hope they do her physical features justice.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

i wouldn't mind.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

I don't think think it's gonna happen. They have 1st gen mixed with I think 4th gen, if there wasn't this whole thing about not showing wonder girl then she would also be in the team. Also Grayson has a thing for Zatanna...isn't she like 10 years older than him in the comics or something like that because I know she's around the age of Selina Kyle and Ivy.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By telepathic666

yeah, but due to this being set in a dif reality, it works, i would personally like to see starfire, in young justice, in the titans cartoon they took her lack of social norms and ran with it (loving mustard, i mean mustards good but eww) if they did her like the comics minus her outfit ( i love it but this is Cartoon Netwirk) it would be nice, and then someone could punch connor in the face when he got on my nerves

Harbinger4452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Harbinger4452

I think it'd be cool if they had Starfire in Young Justice but more like her comic self without the clingy-ness. I think having her their for an episode or two would be cool and you won't have to deal with the RobinxStarfire stuff, personally I think that got real old real fast. We're tired of seeing her obsess over him it be nice to have her just help them out like Red Arrow does. He's just in and out once in a while but still apart of the show.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By fodigg

"Earth 16?" They've given it an official universe listing?

Anyway, I think it's simplest to just treat all Tamaraneans as having the same power set. It sure seems like that's how they're handling it in the DCnU. If Starfire appears in Young Justice I'd like to see her treated closer to her boisterous, over-the-top Teen Titans Go! portrayal than the "fun is for losers" DCnU portrayal.

I'd be more interested in seeing some other characters, such as Donna.

SecretKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By SecretKnight

I really wish she would.

TheGremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGremlin

Hmm...I doubt it will happen. They hinted pretty strongly at Robin and Zatanna so she probably won't make the team. Now a single episode. Possibly. It would be fairly easy to pull off, give the fans a little something to chew on, and possibly add to the RxZ thing if they do it right.

Brief outline of how it would go if I were the writer...

Tamaran invades Earth. Royal family only ones with superpowers. YJ fights a losing battle. Starfire turns on Blackfire and becomes good. Starfire flirts with/kiss-learns Robin and visibly pisses off Zatanna. They fight Blackfire again and Starfire wins. Starfire now rules Tamaran, ends war, goes home, and all in one convenient episode.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By X9

No, enough of happy aliens on the show :P

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

@god_spawn said:

I'd picture it like they did in Teen Titans.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Deranged Midget

I'd rather her not show up.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Inverno

I would like to see another animated incarnation of her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'd be pretty cool. I'd like to see her strength really portrayed, IMO they focused a lot on her starbolts in the TT cartoon, but a lot of people didn't know she's crazy strong. Personality-wise I think they should make her happy like she was in TT Go! but mix it with her comic personality a bit more so she's less annoying. Treat her like a carefree individual, but also have her willing to put the smack down on bad guys because she truly believes that's what they deserve, maybe have the other teammates teach her how to hold back a bit. If she is on the show (even as someone who supports Dick/Kory in the comics), I really REALLY wouldn't want them to try pairing her with Nightwing.

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MisterKetch

I see it as more likely now, or I guess I hope she shows up.

Newest episode shows Jason Todd hologram in there remembrance hall plus the original Roy gets an "arsenal" comment from Luthor so all Im seeing is two thirds of Red Hood and The Outlaws in young justice already
    Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Ganthetsward20

I was thinking about this today after watching todays episode i was thinking of a Red Hood and the Outlaws vs the Young Justice team. Its assumed Jason Todd is dead and Arsenal just came into being. So could we get a hint at starfire? Yes we will see something of the Tamarons i think, this whole season it going to be alien based, right? So why wouldnt one of the more famous alien races be mentioned or cameoed?

Avatar image for thedarkestnight
    TheDarkestNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheDarkestNight

I really hope soo

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#26  Edited By Black_Claw

I'd love it if Starfire appeared in Young Justice. But something's telling me the writers would pull off a stupid love triangle subplot with her , Dick, and Batgirl.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@Sinestro2828: I found a photoshop pic that I think you might enjoy

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sinestro2828

@BecauseISaidSo said:

@Sinestro2828: I found a photoshop pic that I think you might enjoy

Cool, I'd like to see it if you have a link :D

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@Sinestro2828:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/young-justice/images/31211002/title/nightwing-starfire-photo

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By herrweis

I'd love to see Kory on Young Justice but I'm tired of seeing Kory in places that don't have Donna Troy.That's her best friend and most important relationship.(next to Dick)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.