Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Without spider-sense he is good as dead.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rasarima

I read spiderman since...i can remember and the spider sense was directly responsible for he being able to survive and keep his identity a secret. Without it, he will get shot, he is fast, but not "i can see a bullet coming" fast, no matter the agility, without some precognition, he is dead.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Well he's got it back now and anyway with the training he received from Shang Chi when he lost it his reactions where still pretty good.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz

Not true whatsoever. It has helped him in the past but when he has lost it he has adapted.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    I suggest that you read Amazing Spider-Man # 654-672. 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian

Well yeah it did take him some time to adjust, I mean his first fight against Massacre was a disaster but he eventually got used to fighting without it. Personally I would prefered if he hadn't regained it so fast, it just felt like the time between losing it and regaining was too short but anyway.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

Well yeah it did took him some time to adjust, I mean his first fight against Massacre was a disaster but he eventually got used to fighting without it. Personally I would prefered if he hadn't regained it so fast, it just felt like the time between losing it and regaining was too short but anyway.

I think that's the case because ASM is being published bi-monthly. In terms of issues published, 19 issues would had otherwise been more than a year worth of stories for another book.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magian

@Morpheus_: And I completely agree with that. I was actually thinking the exact same thing a few minutes ago. Ohh well I suppose Slott knows better. I am sure he has plans for it later.

Btw a little late, I know but I just remembered it. About Kaine and his Spider-Sense. Told ya so!! :p

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @ComicMan24: They likely thought Kaine is too overpowered as it is without having a superior version of the spider sense. Which is something I'm OK with.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magian

@Morpheus_: Well he definitely has a lot more powers than Pete right now. Don't really mind it either. Just wanted to gloat a bit :p

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By kingjoeg

He lost his spider sense and wore the spider armor. He is more than capable without it.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Morpheus_: Well he definitely has a lot more powers than Pete right now. Don't really mind it either. Just wanted to gloat a bit :p

Beginner's luck, my boy.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magian

@Morpheus_: Luck has nothing to do when there is plenty of talent :p

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

He was doing pretty good without for a while there.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rasarima

I don´t think so, he was doing pretty good becouse editors/writers wanted that, he had no training, or anythig that could keep him alive...even mockingbird got shot eventually.

He was almost hit by a bus... and that makes a loooot of noise and is yellow and sh!t so, Spider-man = Spider-sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Yeah....no.

He can do fine without it (especially with the training he received from Shang Chi.)

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@Morpheus_: I agree he lost his spider sense in those issues but his idenitity was not revealed and he did not die

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By SpidermanWins

@primepower53 said:

He can do fine without it (especially with the training he received from Shang Chi.)

and also

@Morpheus_ said:

I suggest that you read Amazing Spider-Man # 654-672.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By spidey 15

@Rasarima said:

I read spiderman since...i can remember and the spider sense was directly responsible for he being able to survive and keep his identity a secret. Without it, he will get shot, he is fast, but not "i can see a bullet coming" fast, no matter the agility, without some precognition, he is dead.

Actually as difficult at it can be, he can still hold his own even without his spider-sense. Morpheus has mentioned the recent issues that it has been occurred. Also spidey has some foes that has managed to be undetected by his spider-sense either through means of prep or by their abilities.

Moreover, the comment from your post that i have in bold and underlined, is wrong! If you want to know way, let me know.

:)

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magian

Tbh I was a bit surprised right after he lost his spider-sense, when it was shown that he depended so much on it. Haven't been reading Spider-Man for a long time but from what I had seen prior to it, he didn't really seem that depended on it, at least IMO anyway. Granted he himself sad several times that no even he had realized that but still. Ohh well.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spidey 15

@ComicMan24: Actually spidey depended a lot on his sense. You could see that during the time he has lost it. He was pretty careless in some occasions( from what i have in mind, you could notice that during the stories with the FF). Moreover, in his prior issues where he still had his sense, even if it was not stated or shown directly, spidey always depended on it. When he webs swings, he never aims, his spider-sense guides his shots. That alone is enough to prove how important spider-sense was for him. :)

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Magian

@spidey 15: I know and I did see what you are talking about. Just didn't really know about it and it surprised me. That's all.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rasarima

@spidey 15: i really want, because that would be weird...He is fast, but he does not move at 400kh+ to be able to "see" a bullet or even dodge it without some precog.

Btw, if you are talking about that time he tried to catch a bullet with his hand, plz dont, that particular bullet is moving WAY slower than an actual one...

Moreover, the enemies that can "block" his spider-sense do not shot incredible fast sh!it at him, or he would be dead by a sniper anytime, anywhere...

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spidey 15

@Rasarima said:

@spidey 15: i really want, because that would be weird...He is fast, but he does not move at 400kh+ to be able to "see" a bullet or even dodge it without some precog.

Btw, if you are talking about that time he tried to catch a bullet with his hand, plz dont, that particular bullet is moving WAY slower than an actual one...

Moreover, the enemies that can "block" his spider-sense do not shot incredible fast sh!it at him, or he would be dead by a sniper anytime, anywhere...

He does not really have to be as fast as a bullet in order to judge it. It's about reflexes not your running speed. There were several times that i myself has dodges stuff that move way faster than i can and i'm pretty sure most people(including you) have as well. Moreover, here are some scans where you can see him dodging bullets after they were fired( and don't worry i'm not going to use the example that you are speaking of ):

That's a few stuff i found from my gallery, if you need more you could try to check by yourself :)

Anyway, in some of these these scans you can see that spider-sense does warn spidey. But the point is that spidey manage to dodge( or block with his webbing in the last scan ) after they were fired. So spider-sense or not, if he did not possessed the reaction speed that is needed he would be unable to accomplish these feats, even if he had a warning system.

These people, don't really need to shot incredibly fast objects in order to beat spidey, when they are superhumanly fast as well. Venom for example, might not be faster than spidey but he does have comparable speed and some additional advantages that put him above spidey as well. Yet spidey sometimes managed to get his way out of these circumstances, even without his sense.

Furthermore, i would like to post a fight that spidey had against bloodlusted Avengers Academy, where he did not have his sense, yet he was barely tagged by them. He was even able to dodge severa times some lighting attacks, while he was dodging some other hits as well. You can check it above the bullet dodging feats!

@ComicMan24 said:

@spidey 15: I know and I did see what you are talking about. Just didn't really know about it and it surprised me. That's all.

It's ok! :)

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rasarima

@spidey 15 said:

@Rasarima said:

He does not really have to be as fast as a bullet in order to judge it. It's about reflexes not your running speed. There were several times that i myself has dodges stuff that move way faster than i can and i'm pretty sure most people(including you) have as well. Moreover, here are some scans where you can see him dodging bullets after they were fired( and don't worry i'm not going to use the example that you are speaking of ):

That's a few stuff i found from my gallery, if you need more you could try to check by yourself :)

Anyway, in some of these these scans you can see that spider-sense does warn spidey. But the point is that spidey manage to dodge( or block with his webbing in the last scan ) after they were fired. So spider-sense or not, if he did not possessed the reaction speed that is needed he would be unable to accomplish these feats, even if he had a warning system.

These people, don't really need to shot incredibly fast objects in order to beat spidey, when they are superhumanly fast as well. Venom for example, might not be faster than spidey but he does have comparable speed and some additional advantages that put him above spidey as well. Yet spidey sometimes managed to get his way out of these circumstances, even without his sense.

Furthermore, i would like to post a fight that spidey had against bloodlusted Avengers Academy, where he did not have his sense, yet he was barely tagged by them. He was even able to dodge severa times some lighting attacks, while he was dodging some other hits as well. You can check it above the bullet dodging feats!

@ComicMan24 said:

It's ok! :)

Ok, but you did not find my point in there...he CAN dodge a bullet BECAUSE of his spider-sense, even after the shot, he already know the trajectory of it, subconsciously.

And even if i give you the point that he can dodge bullets with his agility alone, he cannot dodge a sniper shot fired from a mile away, so again, he is dead without spider-sense..

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spidey 15

@Rasarima: It does not matter if he knows the trajectory of the bullet. If he didn't have they actual reflexes to dodge it, then his spider-sense would be useless against an already fired bullet. You can see it in the scan that is before the last one. The kid shot the bullet and the bullet was still moving. The spider-sense tingled the very last time and spidey managed to react fast enough to dodge the bullet, even if it was extremely close to him.

OK, if your point is that he can not dodge bullet that he is not aware that it was fired, then yes he would be dead, like most street levelers that don't posses any enhanced senses. But if knows that someone shot him and he is aware of the incoming bullet, his reflexes are more than enough to let him dodge it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Strider1992

@spidey 15 said:

@Rasarima: It does not matter if he knows the trajectory of the bullet. If he didn't have they actual reflexes to dodge it, then his spider-sense would be useless against an already fired bullet.

This is true. A good example is during Spidey's fight with DareDevil. DareDevil said himself that he knew what Peter was going to do before he did it by his movements and heart-rate but DD also said he didn't have the necessary speed and agility to dodge Spider-mans attacks. Just because you know its coming doesn't mean you can avoid it.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spidey 15

@Strider92: Yup, exactly my point! Nice example.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rasarima

@spidey 15 said:

Spiderman cannot see a bullet, it is to small and moving at 400km/h...

Without precog, he cannot dodge something (normally) faster than the sound that aware him of it, and THAT small...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By ReVamp
    I suggest that you read Amazing Spider-Man # 654-672

I don't know whether he was intending to be funny, but this was funny as hell.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.