Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who Should Write Spider-Man next?

• 67 results
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

Who do you want to write Spider-Man once Slott is ripped off of it inevitably?

I think Mark Waid would be great, but I wouldn't want him to do it if that meant he couldn't keep writing Daredevil, but a lot of writers work on 2 or 3 books at once so I don't think he'd have to chose.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

Mark Waid could write anything and everything, and I'd pay money for it. He'd be my choice too.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By spidermonkey2099

Mark Waid's an excellent choice, though Peter David would probably be my first choice. I'd also love to see Joss Whedon do some kind of Spider-Man story at some point (but he's understandably busy with other awesome things at the moment...). I also wouldn't mind seeing Paul Dini's take on the character if he ever decided to write comics for Marvel.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Phaedrusgr

I'd go for Yost. He's been great with Scarlet Spider, I think he can do the same with Peter. I'll be waiting patiently for the day Slott's out.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Phaedrusgr: We all count the days until Slott leaves. Havent read much Amazin Spidey in the last year, focused on Ultimate Spider-man, but when I did it was Slott. I still have nightmares when I first saw his face.

My pick though would again be Bendis. love the way he wrote Spidey in Ultimate

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wr3h

Bendis

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By PunyParker

@wr3h: What he said.......or Chris Yost!

No Caption Provided
    Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Ninjablade09: Everybody wants Slott out? But why? Cause he screwed everything in order to increase sales, creating the Superior Travesty Cephalopod Spiderman? You're just mean! With Bendis, I'm ok. Many haters for him, I'm not one of them.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker: Or JMS...again

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mccoym2

Mark Waid for sure

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By gotwillpower

@mccoym2 said:

Mark Waid for sure

Yeah, and lots of older Daredevil fans would be happy with a new writer. Waid's Daredevil is the first I ever read, but after catching up on older Daredevil trades Waid's run is a lot more like Spider-man than Daredevil.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By SoA

robert kirkman :p

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chaos Prime

Rick Remender if he finds the time should be given a chance at writening Spidey imo.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@wr3h: Sure! I loved his run! As I said before, I'm in for Yost, but Straczynski would be more than great. Don't know if many fans would love the idea, or if he'd return in the Spiderman train after Marvel ditching his previous work at the drop of a hat.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PunyParker

@Phaedrusgr: Haters?....why?.....cause he ruined a character in order to fulfill his wish to make his favourite character Spider-Man?....(and doing it wrong,with bad resaults btw...)...

Every person that hated Bendis will pee in their pants when they hear that he's taking on from ASM #701.....For them it will be "CRAZY TOWN BANANA-PANTS!!!!"......(i am a really bad person...)

@wr3h: JMS wont take over again....he has still bad feelings towards Marvel(Quesada) for forcing him to write OMD so....no

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@PunyParker: Oh my god! You're a bad person afterall! :p

CRAZY TOWN BANANA-PANTS!

P.S. I believe that Slott thought he was writing for the Doctor Who series (I hope this day never comes, he'll make the Dalek Emperor take over Doctor's body, reliving his memories, becoming eventually a good Dalek). HEY, SLOTT? What were you thinking? That this is a Peter Parker line? Whatever...

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By wr3h

@Phaedrusgr said:

@PunyParker: Oh my god! You're a bad person afterall! :p

CRAZY TOWN BANANA-PANTS!

P.S. I believe that Slott thought he was writing for the Doctor Who series (I hope this day never comes, he'll make the Dalek Emperor take over Doctor's body, reliving his memories, becoming eventually a good Dalek). HEY, SLOTT? What were you thinking? That this is a Peter Parker line? Whatever...

How dare you slander PP

>:(

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself

I have absolutely no problems with Slott's run at all but when he does leave I think Bendis would be the best choice....Ultimate Spider-man and the Spider-men mini prove that he knows how to write a great Spider-man book

if JMS were ever to return then I'd definitely drop the book....his run on Spider-man was one of the worst

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@wr3h: It wasn't me, kind sir! A crazy neighbour that hates my guts, managed to swap minds with me, stealing my life and my memories for a couple of minutes! He relived my personal tragedies, felt my daily need for huge amount of caffeine, saw my passion for comics and Peter Parker. Ergo, he was forced to give my body back, and voilà, I'm back apologising for an amount of actions I couldn't prevent!!!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PunyParker

@wr3h: @Phaedrusgr:

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Phaedrusgr said:

@wr3h: It wasn't me, kind sir! A crazy neighbour that hates my guts, managed to swap minds with me, stealing my life and my memories for a couple of minutes! He relived my personal tragedies, felt my daily need for huge amount of caffeine, saw my passion for comics and Peter Parker. Ergo, he was forced to give my body back, and voilà, I'm back apologising for an amount of actions I couldn't prevent!!!!!

Holy crap!!!!!! As Spidey said.....

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wr3h

@Phaedrusgr said:

But the real question is.

Did you or did you not

rape women?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ninjablade09

@wr3h: Great question, but if he forced the other guy his body back he probably stopped the rape............................................... hopefully

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PunyParker

@Phaedrusgr: ΗE'S LYING!!!! DONT BELIEVE HIM!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@wr3h: Well, it's a matter of perspective and words!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Phaedrusgr: So did you pull a SpOck or not??!?!?!?!?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Ninjablade09: It was so blurry and I was so blue, I can't remember vividly...

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By kingjoeg

Chris Yost

Rick Remender

Jason Aaron

Mark Waid

Any of those writers would be good in my opinion. Joss Whedon would be nice but it's not a realistic option.

P.S. Loving Dan Slott's current run.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Phaedrusgr: Oh god please tell me it was a least some one you will never see again.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Superguy0009e

Matt Fraction

or

Jonathan Hickman

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@PunyParker said:

@Phaedrusgr: Haters?....why?.....cause he ruined a character in order to fulfill his wish to make his favourite character Spider-Man?....(and doing it wrong,with bad resaults btw...)...

Every person that hated Bendis will pee in their pants when they hear that he's taking on from ASM #701.....For them it will be "CRAZY TOWN BANANA-PANTS!!!!"......(i am a really bad person...)

@wr3h: JMS wont take over again....he has still bad feelings towards Marvel(Quesada) for forcing him to write OMD so....no

Personally I'm all for firing Quesada and re-hiring JMS. I think that would make everyone (except Quesada) happy.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VeganDiet

Yost.

Fraction.

Waid.

Remender.

JMS returning.

I know he kind of purposely removed himself from Spider-man related stuff for a while, but I'd love for Tom DeFalco to come back to Spidey.

I think Jeff Parker would write a good Spidey.

Just for the record, I still have mostly positive feelings towards Slott's run. I wasn't super happy with SpOck taking over, but Superior Spider-man #1-2 were pretty good. So I hope he gets 2-3 more years on Spider-man.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Moonchilde said:

@PunyParker said:

Personally I'm all for firing Quesada and re-hiring JMS. I think that would make everyone (except Quesada) happy.

Don't forget Ramos and Slott

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Phaedrusgr

No, no, no! Slott's a precious asset. Slott will be relocated to a special project. He can write Disney's Super-Goofy (I hope he doesn't swap his mind with Black Pete)...

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Ninjablade09 said:

@Moonchilde said:

@PunyParker said:

Aren't they just Quesada's puppets?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Moonchilde said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

@Moonchilde said:

@PunyParker said:

Aren't they just Quesada's puppets?

Slott definitely, Ramos cant because he is just a low paid crap artist, but they still should be fired, or a least taken of Amazing Spider-man, sorry Superior Spider-man

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PunyParker

@VeganDiet said:

Yost.

Fraction.

Waid.

Remender.

JMS returning.

I know he kind of purposely removed himself from Spider-man related stuff for a while, but I'd love for Tom DeFalco to come back to Spidey.

I think Jeff Parker would write a good Spidey.

Just for the record, I still have mostly positive feelings towards Slott's run. I wasn't super happy with SpOck taking over, but Superior Spider-man #1-2 were pretty good. So I hope he gets 2-3 more years on Spider-man.

It wont....they are already preparing the end of this travesty,due to fan reaction....

@Phaedrusgr said:

No, no, no! Slott's a precious asset. Slott will be relocated to a special project. He can write Disney's Super-Goofy (I hope he doesn't swap his mind with Black Pete)...

Also he can write Mickey Mouse....he will swap his mind with Black Pete and make him want to bang Minnie M......Jesus,what are you making me think of,Slott!?!?!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker said: lol that is what will happen, but it would be Mickey, it will be every other Marvel character till they don't make money in comics.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By VeganDiet

@PunyParker said:

It wont....they are already preparing the end of this travesty,due to fan reaction....

You got any facts to back that up with? Because I haven't heard anything of the like.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PunyParker

@VeganDiet: The original Spidey suit in Age Of Ultron art previews,and the descriptions of SSM 7+8 that says Peter is stepping up.......Slott said that he had ready 6 issues of SSM when ASM700 and SSM1 came out....he saw the reactions and Marvel decided to turn things up again and we see the description of 7+8.......connect the dots my friend!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: Hopefully the fire Slott too for making fans more pissed that when OMD happened

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Ninjablade09: I think Slott provoked the greatest blast wave in history. Never before did a comic writer cause such a fan reaction. Am I right? I guess we have to give him the credit (Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, right?)

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By VeganDiet

@PunyParker said:

@VeganDiet: The original Spidey suit in Age Of Ultron art previews,and the descriptions of SSM 7+8 that says Peter is stepping up.......Slott said that he had ready 6 issues of SSM when ASM700 and SSM1 came out....he saw the reactions and Marvel decided to turn things up again and we see the description of 7+8.......connect the dots my friend!

That art was finished before SSM was even out man. Hell it was done. before ASM 700 or 699, I think. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42269

Not to mention the SSM Age of Ultron tie-in has the Superior Spidey Costume on the front. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42448

I think I'll wait to see the rest of the issues before I connect any imaginary dots.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By Strider1992

@Gambit1024 said:

Mark Waid could write anything and everything, and I'd pay money for it. He'd be my choice too.

Meuh I don't like Waid's Spider-man. He seems to treat him worse than Slott. Keep Waid away from Spider-man! I could not take that.

My picks would be Joe Kelly, Kelly Sue Deconnick (she can and has written Spider-man really well), Yost (he's currently writing Avenging Spider-man though so yay) or JMS (again) are the only ones I can think of off-hand.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By Gambit1024

^I honestly cant remember the last time Waid wrote Spider-Man (besides in Daredevil, anyway). Yost would a good choice too.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Ninjablade09: I think Slott provoked the greatest blast wave in history. Never before did a comic writer cause such a fan reaction. Am I right? I guess we have to give him the credit (Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, right?)

So give Dan Slott a mind switch with someone who has less than a day to live?, I'm in on that!

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By VeganDiet

@Strider92 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Meuh I don't like Waid's Spider-man. He seems to treat him worse than Slott. Keep Waid away from Spider-man! I could not take that.

My picks would be Joe Kelly, Kelly Sue Deconnick (she can and has written Spider-man really well), Yost (he's currently writing Avenging Spider-man though so yay) or JMS (again) are the only ones I can think of off-hand.

I think Waid had a much better handle on Spidey's abilities than Slott personally. At least during the BND era his Spidey seemed to be much stronger and durable than the other writer's of that time. He does tend to have more humiliating or embarrassing things happen to Spidey, so those are valid complaints.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ninjablade09

@VeganDiet said:

@PunyParker said:

That art was finished before SSM was even out man. Hell it was done. before ASM 700 or 699, I think. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42269

Not to mention the SSM Age of Ultron tie-in has the Superior Spidey Costume on the front. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42448

I think I'll wait to see the rest of the issues before I connect any imaginary dots.

Just saying but AU takes place in Marvel NOW and ASM 700 has been built up since before issue 600 came out which I think is around the time AU was being written.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darthfury78

Marjorie Liu

J.M. DeMatteis

Victor Gischler

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.