Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who do you think is going to die in Amazing Spider-Man #19?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

In issue #19 of Amazing Spider-Man someone close to Spider-Man is going to die. So, who do you think is going to die?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZariusII

The book's dignity. An ongoing massacre.

In all seriousness though..Jay. It fits with Uncle Ben being one of those brought back in time to counsel a grieving May,

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could it be Peter and MJ's marriage? lol

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The whole book hopefully

Ice-Breaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Ana-Maria because Ock needs motivation to be a villian again, and he will probably join the new jakal guys sinister 6 if he brings back ana-maria.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Ana-Maria because Ock needs motivation to be a villian again, and he will probably join the new jakal guys sinister 6 if he brings back ana-maria.

I think Anna Maria is on the cover of an issue after this one so probably not

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Jay doesn't die, but I think he will.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably JJJ Sr.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By ursaber

its gonna be Jay. They've already set it up with him having a heart attack. But boy what I would wish for it to be Aunt May. Die you old crone, stop holding Peter back.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the series itself

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@errorinscript: if you think he's gonna die, you're wrong. The synopsis for Amazing Spider Man #19 says that someone in Peter's orbit will die, not the man himself. I just wish Aunt May would die. Thanks to her (and some horrible writers) Spider Man has been reduced to an oblivious moronic manchild. At least her death would trigger a chain of events in which the deal made with Mephisto would be broken. And Peter would finally snap out of his immature, unrealistic and unreasonably senseless morally righteous attitude that completely blinds him and clouds his judgment, finally allowing him to grow up and evolve. Sadly this is only wishful thinking while Slott writes ASM (as well as Marvel's editorial staff who want to keep him like this for stupid reasons).

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My soul each time I see this book tank in the writing department.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the series itself

I sincerely wish.

Who keeps buying this?!?!

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Dan Slott and his minions.

On serious note though, i can't believe that any longtime spider fan since the stan/steve era would like what Slott has done with PP. Making him a millionaire (without showing us how he built his company from the ground up), giving him a fucking spider-mobile just gives me more reason to believe that Slott is reusing fan fiction stories he wrote up as a kid.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solid_snake97 said:

the series itself

I sincerely wish.

Who keeps buying this?!?!

On serious note though, i can't believe that any longtime spider fan since the stan/steve era would like what Slott has done with PP. Making him a millionaire (without showing us how he built his company from the ground up), giving him a fucking spider-mobile just gives me more reason to believe that Slott is reusing fan fiction stories he wrote up as a kid.

The mind boggles as to who buys and actually enjoys reading Slott's tripe. I hate how Marvel have allowed this to happen over the last decade with the biggest hack fan-fiction writer ever. Even with Slott boasting about his sales is meaningless and irrelevant when you consider Ronald McDonald sells a ton of hamburgers, but I wouldn't call that clown a chef by any stretch of the imagination.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darthfury78

@solid_snake97 said:

I once said back in 2011 that Marvel is repeating the same stories over and over again. This goes to show that Slott has been on ASM for too long. First he creates Silk, which is based off the character design of Ultimate Spider-Woman, as well as her origin that was based off the example of Miles Morales origin on Ultimate Spider-Man where both he and Ultimate Peter Parker get bitten by the same Spider. It still makes me extremely angry that Nick Lowe allowed Slott to completely derailed his plans to place Jessica Drew into Spider-Man's world. I was looking forward towards seeing Jessica and Peter working together as close friends, and to see their friendship develop in the same manner as it was done with The Black Cat. I always felt the the first six issues of ASM volume 3 should have had Spider-Woman and Spider-Man(instead of Silk and Spider-Man) against The Evil Black Cat and Electro. This would have helped Jessica's character a great deal going forward with her ongoing series and introducing her to the ASM readers(who knew nothing about her) before her series launch.

Even worse that after the Secret Wars III, rather than allowing Robbie Thompson work on writing Spider-Woman and Dennis Hopeless on Silk's ongoing series, they allow Hopeless to make Jessica a mom when they already had Julia Carpenter for that role.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AUNT MAY, AUNT MAY, AUNT MAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let it be Aunt May.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing this is truthfully going to die is more of our dignity. Spider-Man is like a WTF fest at the moment and I want them to stop this crazy ride and get back to real stuff

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, who else saw from a mile away what took place in ASM 19? Seriously they need to get rid of some of Spidey's pointless supporting characters and create some interesting new ones.

Contender 1: Aunt May: she would serve Peter best as a corpse just like Uncle Ben. She is irrelevant to the comic book. She should just die. Her death would be the final nail in the coffin for man child Peter if a good writer stepped in. Her death would finalize his evolution.

Contender 2: Harry: I just hate this guy. maybe if they wrote him better and gave him a purpose then maybe.

Contender 3: J Jonah Jameson (I hate him), unless any of you would like to object

Anna Maria is fine. I liked Jay so much better than May or jameson. Flash should make a comeback.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aunt May should be the one to die as she should be the one who gives Peter growth but i want her death to be a more meaningful one because her coming back after learning she was a clone was just asinine. Harry, maybe. but i don't think he should be killed in an instant and get replaced by some clone. J Jonah Jameson, no. i really like the guy and think this guy could be a great villain for whatever they're planning. plus him with Liz? ew. but really interesting to see.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By magnetic_eye

@ursaber:

▪️ Aunt May? - yeah I agree it's probably time for her to go. It just seems like a natural progression to me. I've just finished reading "I Kill Giants" by Joe Kelly and "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness and Siobhan Dowd. I think with a professional writer on ASM, this would be a very inspirational concept that could be weaved into a tale with Peter dealing with Aunt May's eventual passing.

▪️Harry? - Nah, he's a longtime friend from College days, they've both been through a lot. I think under a good writer there are some redeeming qualities to Harry that could be further explored.

▪️J. Jonah Jameson? - Absolutely not, I love to hate this guy and he's good for the occasional one-liner as long as it's not over done into caricature territory. I hated the whole Mayor of NYC thing. I always felt the natural thing for a newspaper publisher to pursue in business is to form a multimedia conglomerate, similar to Rupert Murdoch with (21st Century Fox), (News Corp), (Fox News), or Ted Turner with (CNN), (Time Warner). I imagine J. Jonah Jameson as a powerful media mogul would work well, again under the guardianship of a good writer.

▪️Anna Maria? - Boring character IMO, couldn't care less what happens, and the same with Jay.

▪️Flash? - Yes he absolutely deserves a comeback.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:

▪️ Aunt May? - yeah I agree it's probably time for her to go. It just seems like a natural progression to me. I've just finished reading "I Kill Giants" by Joe Kelly and "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness and Siobhan Dowd. I think with a professional writer on ASM, this would be a very inspirational concept that could be weaved into a tale with Peter dealing with Aunt May's eventual passing.

▪️Harry? - Nah, he's a longtime friend from College days, they've both been through a lot. I think under a good writer there are some redeeming qualities to Harry that could be further explored.

▪️J. Jonah Jameson? - Absolutely not, I love to hate this guy and he's good for the occasional one-liner as long as it's not over done into caricature territory. I hated the whole Mayor of NYC thing. I always felt the natural thing for a newspaper publisher to pursue in business is to form a multimedia conglomerate, similar to Rupert Murdoch with (21st Century Fox), (News Corp), (Fox News), or Ted Turner with (CNN), (Time Warner). I imagine J. Jonah Jameson as a powerful media mogul would work well, again under the guardianship of a good writer.

▪️Anna Maria? - Boring character IMO, couldn't care less what happens, and the same with Jay.

▪️Flash? - Yes he absolutely deserves a comeback.

Well at least you agree on two of my points (which happen to be the most important ones, cause I really couldn't care less about the others). And you're right Aunt May's death should be a specially handled case. On her death bed, May could finally make him grow up, though that's up to the writer. IMO her death would finalize Peter's evolution should Slott ever be replaced. Oh and Peter's sister Teresa Parker should definitely make a comeback. What I read about her gave me the impression that she's really cool and a brother sister dynamic could be a great replacement for the whole aunt nephew thing they've had forever. it would introduce new stakes and new emotional drama.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Jay's death was very predictable and I did't found it so powerful as it cold have being,

I agree that Aunt May should have gone, but she is one of the few members of the old cast that was not written away from the book, so I don't want it to happens so soon, at least when someone recover most of the old supporting cast and status quo. And when it happens I want a good farewell.

I would not get ride of Harry or turn him into a villain again. He was killed two times already and I think that is good to give Peter friends, beside Mary Jane and Aunt May. He is not being well written, but other writer could make a better job. If they don't want to use him is better to write him out for a while.

I like Jonah, he is a very good character and was always present in the Spider-Man mythos and about him being mayor of New York I think that was a good idea that was very ill tapped. As the mayor he could have turned Spider-Man life in a living hell and created very good opportunities for drama and conflict, however it never happened.

Anna Maria is not so bad as a character, she had some of the same problems as Carlie Cooper and Silk, but Slott toned it down, so she didn't become so irritating.

Flash would be very welcomed back to the series.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey...wouldn't it be great if the Jackal died...forever? Then we would never have to bother with these clone stories again! Let a Gwen clone do it too! Just the perfect way she takes control of her own life and brings closure to herself and her original version. Like allowing Peter to finally let go and we never ever ever EVER have to be reminded there is a creepy 50 year old man making clones of a dead 19-20yr old.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ZariusII

With Jay's passing, another layer of the colossal failure that is the BND era is taken off the table, and also paves the way open for Uncle Ben's ressurection via Warren which will force May to choose between Ben and her second husband. What if Slott decides to bow out by having May lash out at Ben uncharacteristically? Marvel are in the business of devaluing/breaking iconic relationships (Daily Strip and RYV Parkers presently excluded)

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

With Jay's passing, another layer of the colossal failure that is the BND era is taken off the table, and also paves the way open for Uncle Ben's ressurection via Warren which will force May to choose between Ben and her second husband. What if Slott decides to bow out by having May lash out at Ben uncharacteristically? Marvel are in the business of devaluing/breaking iconic relationships (Daily Strip and RYV Parkers presently excluded)

Aunt May should just jump into her ex husbands graves after the Clone Conspiracy is over. She is useless and irrelevant. She would serve Peter better as a corpse like Uncle Ben and would finalize Peter's evolution if a good writer came along. Jackal will probably revive Jay and Ben to use against Peter. And if Ben or Gwen return permanently, no, no no no no no that's a shitty idea.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I think we have the right guy for cutting the numbers down

No Caption Provided

He's the hero we need. Like right now.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please god let it be Aunt May.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

Please god let it be Aunt May.

Spoiler:

Sadly it isn't. But in previous issues of Amazing Spider Man, Slott has been teasing the failing health of Aunt May so maybe in the near future we might finally send her off to her ex husbands grave. If Slott kills off Aunt May, then my approval of him will rise significantly.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: said

And if Ben or Gwen return permanently, no, no no no no no that's a shitty idea.

And they're exactly the sort of crappy ideas that run rampant through Slott's fan-fiction mind. I wouldn't put past him to try something as silly as that. ?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jayskee

@ursaber:

I've been waiting her dead since One more day. I hoped this would finally be it but no luck.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: Quesada wanted Gwen to come back in the beginning of Brand New Day after Mephisto's shenanigans

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solid_snake97:

Yeah you're right, forgot about some of the interviews Quesada gave around that time. I pretty much see Quesada as a great deceiver, good illustrator but can't hatch a story worth telling. I hold him with the same contempt I have for Slott.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.