Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who do you prefer Spidey with if he avoids MJ?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By Spideysense44

Poll Who do you prefer Spidey with if he avoids MJ? (68 votes)

Silver Sable 9%
    Black Cat 43%
    Carlie Cooper 6%
    Michelle Gonzales 3%
    Nobody but MJ 21%
    Anna Maria 7%
    other 26%

Since Peter is now avoiding MJ who do you think he should be with now whenever he gets his body back

• 
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

Personally, I would like to see Spider-Man hang out with Jessica Drew and Natasha Romanov. On the Peter Parker side, I would love to see him hang out with Betty Brant and Jennifer Walters(in her human form). As far as mutants goes, I want to see Psylocke and Peter establish a friendship outside of crime fighting(X-Men and Avengers social circles).

He was dong all of these things with Carol Danvers. As for the Black Cat, I would love to see her reside in Daredevil's world in exchange for the Black Widow become a regular guest in Spider-Man's world.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

FELICIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Hardy

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say Black Cat but Im really tired of the flirty, sexy, on-again off-again love interest of heroes.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

If it were Peter, I'd say he'd actually make a really great couple with Ms. Marvel. I think Carol's got enough buried insecurity to be a good fit for Pete.

Dr. Spiderpus? I'd lean towards Black Cat or a even Kitty Pryde. Her Ultimate relationship with Peter aside, I think that Kitty has a habit of leaning towards relatively unavailable men (Colossus, Pete Wisdom) and she's kind of a nerd in her own right, so hooking up with a cocky (albeit homicidal) nerd would sorta fit. But that may be a stretch.

Honestly, though, Maria Hill might make a fairly good match for Spiderpus, now that I think about it.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Felicia Hardy, without a doubt.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The silver sable when she returns

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thefool said:

If it were Peter, I'd say he'd actually make a really great couple with Ms. Marvel. I think Carol's got enough buried insecurity to be a good fit for Pete.

Dr. Spiderpus? I'd lean towards Black Cat or a even Kitty Pryde. Her Ultimate relationship with Peter aside, I think that Kitty has a habit of leaning towards relatively unavailable men (Colossus, Pete Wisdom) and she's kind of a nerd in her own right, so hooking up with a cocky (albeit homicidal) nerd would sorta fit. But that may be a stretch.

Honestly, though, Maria Hill might make a fairly good match for Spiderpus, now that I think about it.

Dude, Dude. Around here we call him SpOck. :)

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Black cat, I think we all know why.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to say Aunt May this time.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

craymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not many go for Anna Maria, though she may very well die before this is over. Imagine Peter coming back and she makes it, I wonder what would happen.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tupiaz

The last Spider-man story I read Peter was together with MJ. But then again I haven't read OMD or anything after that.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I would say Gwen because I really like Gwen and I pretend the story with Norman doesn't exist. Also, in Spider-Men you can tell that when Peter saw Gwen he was very happy. But since she is dead, I would have to say Ms. Marvel.

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty Pryde or She hulk

ZenTzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if Gwen wasnt dead i'd say her(and retcon the hell out of that stupid story of her and osborn), other than that Felicia hardy, or kitty pryde, like them in Ultimate, but not seeing how that would work on 616 universe

ultimately, i'm gonna go with Black cat

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Silver Sable or... someone else. Just not sure who.

How about the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, and Psylocke?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Nightcrawler. :D

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Gwen because I really like Gwen and I pretend the story with Norman doesn't exist. Also, in Spider-Men you can tell that when Peter saw Gwen he was very happy. But since she is dead, I would have to say Ms. Marvel.

OF COURSE he was happy. You accidentally killed a girl and then saw her alive, you'd be happy too. But yeah, Ms. Marvel. I like that Peter's the girly one in the relationship even if it is platonic. But that's PETER not SPOCK. Spock would just be creepy

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mary Jane Watson-Parker. But since the title of the thread is supposed to be someone other than MJ, I will go with another lady with a four-part name. Carol Susan Jane Danvers.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Black Cat, or Silver Sable.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about this combo: All three are attracted to Spider-Man!!

No Caption Provided

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Strider1992

SpOck: Stunner or Black Widow (I dunno why but I like their interactions in Avenging).

Peter: MJ or Carol Danvers.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By darthfury78

Peter: Betty Brant, Jennifer Walters, and Betsy Braddock.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If pete goes hero route then i want Silver Sable or black cat if not then i want Michelle G back

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darthfury78

@spideysense44 said:

If pete goes hero route then i want Silver Sable or black cat if not then i want Michelle G back

If Peter goes the superhero route, why would he go back to Black Cat? Personally, I think that if he has a relationship with a heroine, it should be an outside character like Black Widow, Spider-Woman, or She-Hulk. For the timebeing, Silver Sable is dead. The Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Psylocke, and She-Hulk are not dead. I believe that a mutual friendship with Peter Parker might be a positive for any of the heroines mentioned because some of his unused rogue galleries of villains could be transferred over to their own respectively. For example, it would allow for Jennifer Walters(in her human form) to interact with Peter Parker as not only his lawyer, but as someone who is a combination of Betty Brant and Felicia Hardy.

The Black Widow's friendship with Peter could actually help open the doors the the types of collaborated stories that been lacking since the Marvel Team-Up era.

Jessica Drew's friendship with Peter would allow them to realize that they have a lot in common, and she could take him on one of her solo missions with SWORD. Not to mention having dinner at the Coffee Bean....

Psylocke's relationship with Peter would allow her to unlock the memories(The she had locked away in Peter's mind) of their time together in the United Kingdom when they worked together with Captain Britain. This was before Betsy joined the X-Men; and it would explain why she has a soft spot for nerds like Cyper. The reason why we have not seen a team-up adventure between Captain Britain and Spider-Man was because Betsy had sealed Peter's memories of them and her relationship with him in order to protect him from Mojo. Thus, Betsy wanted to insure that Spider-Man doesn't remember their relationship together.

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyan_earthling said:

How about this combo: All three are attracted to Spider-Man!!

No Caption Provided

That's fanart bro.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darthfury78
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyan_earthling: Some fan artists do become comic book professionals

Maybe so, however, that picture above doesn't mean it's official. Black Widow, and Spider-Woman may be good for Peter, but they don't know him well, and don't get along with him as well as Black Cat and Silver Sable do.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By darthfury78
    @saiyan_earthling said:

@darthfury78 said:

@saiyan_earthling: Some fan artists do become comic book professionals

Maybe so, however, that picture above doesn't mean it's official. Black Widow, and Spider-Woman may be good for Peter, but they don't know him well, and don't get along with him as well as Black Cat and Silver Sable do.

Let's remember that Silver Sable(prior to Ends of the Earth) has not worked with Spider-Man since the 1990's. She was almost non-existent in Spider-Man's world in comparison to Peter working alongside Spider-Woman and Black Widow as an Avenger in the first decade of the 2000's. As far as outside characters goes, I believe that Spider-Woman and Black Widow have a lot to gain by being close friends with Peter Parker in a retrospective fashion. I have no problem with Silver Sable or Black Cat. But I feel that the close heroine relationship that Peter has with some of them should be expanded to include The Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and The She-Hulk. A small expansion of existing heroines for Spider-Man won't hurt as it might help to bring over some of Spider-Man's unused rogue galleries unto their own respectively as this could allow the Spider-Man readers to take notice on their solo titles. And Spider-Woman, Black Widow, and the She-Hulk have all had solo titles in the past. But none of them had any of Spider-Man's rogue galleries in them, or even Spider-Man himself(other than a stupid comic relief) in a serious role in their series in a guest spot as Peter Parker.

With regards to Captain Marvel, Kelly Sue should have taken advantage of Carol's friendship with Peter to bring some of the Spider-Man readers to her self titled series for the first few issues working alongside each other with Jessica Drew, as well as present their personal side working together in their civilian guise. Imagine if Kelly Sue had wrote a story that had Peter, Carol, and Jessica( in the same manner as Peter, Mary Jane, and Felicia Hardy) working together as well as hanging out as a threesome after hours. That might have kept sales of Captain Marvel above 30K+ copies. Once the Spider-Man fans are hooked, then she could have presented her stories the way she wanted.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

You know, I'm beginning to think I'm the only person around that actually like Peter's relationship with Carlie Cooper. In my opinion it was very well done, and it was actually pretty darn stable. Yeah sure, Carlie wasn't one of those drop dead gorgeous super-heroines. She was just a normal woman, with a somewhat normal job. She had a nerdy side, and she could talk shop with Pete. The two had a lot going for them.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well, my preferred ship is still MJ, but barring that I like pairing Spidey with other superheroes, like Jennifer Walters or Carol Danvers. Mostly because those pairings have had some entertaining team-up issues.

Strangely, I don't feel this way about Black Cat, who I guess I don't really see as much more than a Spidey supporting character instead of a standalone hero, which I realize is pretty unfair to the character. I'm also not crazy about the Spider-Woman pairing although their team-ups can also be entertaining and I know that gets pushed by some writers.

BenReally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick Bootycall - Black Cat

S&M Bootycall - She-Hulk

Bootycall that knows what he wants before he wants it - Madam Web (Either the "Murder She Wrote" one or Julia Carpenter)

Office Romance - Betty Brant

Chick you'd lose your cherry to - Gwen

Wifey - MJ

MILF - Invisible Woman

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This list was red hot 5 years ago. What's your current view on Spidey with a heroine?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.