Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Which Chameleon is the "true" one?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CannotSpellMyName

Chameleon is different in practically every issue I've ever read with him in, not because he constantly changes his appearance (because well, duh, that's what he is all about), but because he seems to have a different kind of shapeshifting powerset all the time - in the first ones I read he seemed to have been genetically altered so that he's able to change his pigmentation and epidermis giving him shapeshifting powers not too different from Mystique's plus clothes made from some special kind of fabric enabling him to also change clothing at will, but in the latest he has no such powers whatsoever but rather uses masks, having to collect his victims to copy their faces before he could use them. I also recall a third version that didn't actually physically changed his appearance but rather produced illusions to make it look that way - in this way he could even make himself look like different persons to different people simultaneously. So which of these versions is the "true" or most commonly used Cameleon? I prefer those which didn't wear masks because they must be much more practical and because I think that simply wearing masks is kinda lame and not very effective, I don't know if I fully approve of the version that used holograms but on the other hand it would be very practical indeed to be able to appear as different people to different observers. Someone please tell me which powerset is the most commonly used by Chameleon? And which one do you think is the best?

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mccoym2

I think although it was originally masks and a suit he could alter quickly, he later underwent some special procedure where he is able to change his body, clothing, face and voice at will. This is where the facelessness of the character comes from and i believe has been the norm for the character. I think the recent interpretation of him was pretty interesting and dark though. Made the character a little more dangerous in my eyes.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By consolemaster001

I think it was the first one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.