Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What spiderman comics should i be reading for current earth 616 events?

z179z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to start reading spiderman comics of current events, that is happening officially on earth 616 but dont know where to start? I definitely would like to follow miles and parker from the old reality in this new 616 but cant find were to begin help plz .

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By animehunter

@z179z: Personally I wouldn't recommend anything from the current post OMD stuff, personally they're not worth the paper they're written on.

My advice, Sign up to a Marvel Unlimited account ($9.99/month) and start at the beginning with Amazing Fantasy #15 and then from Amazing Spider-Man #1. that way you get to know the real Spider-Man and that one that started after OMD.

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're pretty mediocre but you can read Amazing Spider-Man vol 4 for the current stuff.

z179z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks guys for the info i'll start with amazing spiderman vol 4. i just kinda want to read whats going on in current events in marvel since i figure it would be to much to start from the beginning. i'm oready reading uncanny avengers , all new all different avengers, and the other one i think is called new avengers could be wrong, reading marvel Hyperion, so i figure i should start reading whats going on with spiderman. as a somewhat new marvel comicbook reader i'm enjoying seeing what my childhood heroes are up to officially .

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@z179z: Yeah, Amazing Spider-Man is definitely one of the better series Marvel is putting out right now, and you get the added bonus of seeing Peter fulfill his potential and really take his "great responsibility" to another level.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.