Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What do you want in a spider-man game?

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

most spidey games have failed. they all keep repeating previous mistakes and creating new ones. the new amazing spider-man game was pretty good, i think the creators are getting closer. i mean, we've finally perfected batman in gaming.

what do you guys want in a spider-man game?

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like a little bit more complex combat than what was in the Amazing Spider-man.

How it was in Shattered Dimensions was pretty much exactly how I'd want it.

Aside from that, I'd say just slap the Amazing Spider-man engine over a good comic book storyline, like The Gauntlet-Grim Hunt would be pretty perfect for that. You'd get a pretty decent story and a fight with a good number of the big name Spider Villains. If they went that route they could also release DLC "Story-Arcs" for the villains that didn't show up in Gauntlet, like Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom, etc, featuring either the villain's origin or one of their best storylines, like, for Doc Ock it could be the Owl/Octopus Gang War or the Master Planner saga from back in the day, for Green Goblin it could be "The Night Gwen Stacy Died", for Venom it could be, well really any early Venom story would work as they were all almost the same, not that I don't love them, though.

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool, but what do you think in terms of play area, do you think a sandbox world is needed for it to be successful or could we do without some half-assed 1st attempt version?

i personally think they should do like the ultimate spiderman game did for its missions. just provide enough room for the missions gameplay and give the appearance its still open world. a good couple of city blocks should do and give just enough gameplay variation.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I think they did a pretty great job on the sand box world in the Amazing Spider-man. If they just added a little variety to the open world missions(most of those were pretty bland), and tweaked the web-slinging a little bit so that it felt just as flashy and smooth as the web-rush, then it would be perfect for the open world.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A game where I'm not still web-slinging 20 feet above buildings or in the middle of a park. That'd be nice.

I hope they make a game where you can control where the webshooters shoot webs at through the use of a cross-air of some sort. The webshooting mechanics should be similar to that shooting grapple in Lost Cause 2.

And please don't base another Spider-Man game from a movie. The web-slinging sucks and the character models look retarded and have ugly animations.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Spider-man 2 meets Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions at PS3 with great graphics....

SM2=Great Free-Roaming & Swinging technics,good combat

SM:SD=Fantastic enviroments,different Spider-Men,great voice acting....

COMIC BOOK GAME!!

That's it....is this SOOOOOO hard Activision???....

P.S. if Beenox makes ASM2 i will be really pissed...

wrthreeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man 2 meets Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions at PS3 with great graphics....

COMIC BOOK GAME!!

And also Ultimate Spider-Man style cut scenes.

:D

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Something with the free roaming from SM2, the combat from SD, a cell shaded style and based on the line Amazing.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrthreeh said:

@punyparker said:

COMIC BOOK GAME!!

That too.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Ninjablade09

@wrthreeh said:

@punyparker said:

COMIC BOOK GAME!!

This ^ and I would like some better and new alternate costumes. Best part of Edge of time was the variety of alt costumes.

ASM 2 game wouldn't bother me as long as the webs to attach to the sky and they can actually get Andrew Garfield to voice the character!

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exploration, Webswinging. missions, story, and costumes.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09:ASM wasnt so bad,but for the hype it got...."its gonna be the best Spidey game ever created"....that preety much sums up the advertising of the game....

It didnt reach the expectations.

At X-Mas i bought SM:EoT and i had more fun playing it,than ASM.....honestly.And it is concidered a bad Spider-game...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09:ASM wasnt so bad,but for the hype it got...."its gonna be the best Spidey game ever created"....that preety much sums up the advertising of the game....

It didnt reach the expectations.

At X-Mas i bought SM:EoT and i had more fun playing it,than ASM.....honestly.And it is concidered a bad Spider-game...

Well EoT wasn't bad it was just repetitive. The entire game was opening and closing doors. The hype for ASM was big but I wish they just based the game on the movie but expanded more. I think it would be awesome to continually search for Uncle ben's killer but never find him. As you go though you get your costume. I also wished they got Andy for the voice, too bad they didn't but at least they tried.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Sandbox free roaming, the feeling of force behind your combos, a good story not based on a movie, tons of Marvel hero and villain cameos, and not repetitive missions. For me Id love the whole light side dark side impact to your actions as well.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992
    • Sandbox
    • Webbing Must attach to buildings
    • Fluid Combat (kinda like the Arkham or Jason Bourne games)
    • Other Heroes to team-up with
    • Non movie based storyline
    • Upgrades that are actually usefull

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09: I want Treyarch to make the sequel,and Andy of cource....(Treyarch always got Maquire...)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: I want Treyarch to make the sequel,and Andy of cource....(Treyarch always got Maquire...)

They are to busy making the next stupid Call of Duty game. Beenox tried to get Andy. I read some where they didn't because of production/scheduling issues.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Well if an ASM 2 game comes out it's going to be made by Beenox, because for the next few years Activision has announced they will make all Spider-man games (where he is the main and central character). He wont hear anything until the VGA's most likely.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PunyParker
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Co-op!

No Caption Provided

wrthreeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Co-op!

No Caption Provided

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

THAT WOULD BE BRILLIANT

3 PLAYERS CO-OP WOULD BE PETER, KAINE AND BEN

4 PLAYER CO-OP WOULD BE NOIR, MIGUEL, ULT PETE AND 616 PETE

DIES

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By acer51

A fun freeroam system.

I'm sick of fighting generic thugs who always commit the same crime in the same location ( The Amazing Spider-Man was a huge offender of this, even more then previous games, there were maybe a dozen locations in the city where generic thugs would spawn to commit the same exact crime).

I don't even want a main story, I just want a city where there's stuff to do, I want to be able to be Spider-man.

I'd like the city to have lots of unique missions that you can just find by swinging or walking around the city as Peter, things shouldn't be forced upon you, your adventures should happen naturally. The problem that I have with the Spider-man games to date is, their just too linear. Also I'd like to be able to do things as Peter, go to college, the Daily Bugle and make decisions about his life. I'd like that element from Web of shadows where you can choose the path of your character, except this time not just big decisions but smaller ones too.

Other then that I want a game where the Spider-sense works properly, past games havn't been very accurate as to how well the Spider-sense works, you see in past Spider-man games the Spider-sense hasn't worked right, and by that I mean it's just not as good as it is in the comics. In the comics Spider-sense married to common sense makes it very hard for the enemy to hit you. Of course developers don't want to take the time to create a well-designed Spider-sense so they give Spider-man the ability to tank machine gun fire, which is somthing he can't do. What I want is a good Spider-sense that let's you avoid fire-power properly and a changed damage system where a bullet to the face is critical and probably kills you.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: You forgot to mention the Octobots you could send to patrol the city,as an original Peter Parker/Spider-Man you are!!.......oh.....that was mean.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: I wish you worked for Beenox or any company that makes a spider-man game.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Teerack

@wrthreeh: If they had 4 player Co-op I think Peter, Ben, Kaine, and Miles would be better. Just because they can all exists in the same universe. Especially considering there are rumors of Ben coming back, and after Spider-Men we know that Miles does exist in 616.

wrthreeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I thought it was confirmed that Ben was coming back? And what if 616 Miles is a bad guy? :O

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teerack

@wrthreeh: :o link me about the return of Ben! I would think that would be in the news on this site.

And I think you might be underestimating just how inappropriately intimate Bendis' feelings are for Miles. :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PunyParker
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Umm..............................................................................................................................................................................

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By w0nd

I would want to be spider-man I do like story mode. I wouldn't want to be peter parker because his life consists of school and work...things I do in my every day life already. I want to be the spider-man not the regular guy. I got sick of "stop this many bad guys and speeding cars to progress with story mode" If you are going to do those, make unique ones show up maybe twice and never again. I don't care about choices in games because they are always so over the top....will spider-man pet the dog, or will he kick it to death. There is no middle ground with those games.

It's always hard coming up with ideas I have too many, they all sound good in my mind but once executed it could turn into an overwhelming mess that stinks of fan fiction.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#35  Edited By BlueLantern1995

I just want it to be like the Amazing Spider-Man game. That was one of the best superhero/comicbook games I've ever played and I've played a lot of good ones. One slight improvement would be the return of controlled web slinging like in Spider-Man 2.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: To a point, but maybe because I hate British people talking about I don't like this guy. Well not all British men talking about mountain dew. Worst part of going to see ASM, the Brits in front of me asking which one was the dew for like 10 min.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Yup for 10 minutes "Is this the mountain dewww"

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I think would be swell would be:
    Costumes: Loads of them.
    I also want Spider-Man to stop fighting generic thugs, because there should be no way they should even be able to threaten the guy. Instead, replace the side missions with D-list and lower villains Maybe you'll find Kangaroo robbing a bank, or the Hypno Hustler taking a club hostage, the Bombshells doing something or other, or even White Rabbit and her crew shooting out with the police. Heck, even bring about the Circus of Crime for all I care. Spider-Man's world is wild, stop putting him up against generic thugs. The combat should be air tight, and if stealth is involved it should never be forced on to you. Spider-Man should be able to charge into a room full of automatic weapons and dodge the bullets while kicking butt and taking names. Maybe it could be encouraged, like during hostage situations but that's about it. I'd also love a great soundtrack, one that's fast paced and fitting of Spider-Man. Something along the lines of Tommy Tallarico's work on Spider-Man in the past. Let Batman be calculating, Spider-Man should be adrenaline pumping and fast paced. Boss AI needs to be stepped up, a great way to do this is have them learn from their mistakes. For example the Noir level with Hammerhead: You tricked him into shooting the things and the room filled with gas. Then you'd attack him from behind and repeat. Instead: have him learn from the first time and force the player to think of other ways they can hurt him. Something along the lines of Mr. Freeze's boss fight in Arkham, but not copying the stealth. Also no garbage like dating missions, or get Aunt May some medicine because that's stupid. You should be allowed to visit them on your own time, but it shouldn't be required. That way you avoid it becoming like GTA 4's bowling. That's all I've got for now,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.