Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

'Ultimate Spider-Man' Returns With New Episodes in January

• 74 results
    Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Sammo21

Still pissed they cancelled Earth's Mightiest Heroes but kept this thing around. Should have been retooled to just be a show about Deadpool and not Spider-Man. I really, really, really hope that Avengers Assemble doesn't play out like this show. Hopefully its as serious as EMH.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By RedOwl_1

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool said:

No Caption Provided

I'm predicting it: This is going to get like a really bad bad BAD reality show (you know I'm right if you saw that season ending ....f***)

Still I like to waste my time watching this now and then ..... not too often of course, that would explode my brain :P

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedOwl_1: every spidey show since the good ol 90's one was worse. either they change too much, or they're too childish.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DougCL

i think this show is charming. its trying so hard, that i kind of root for it. its not really funny at all, but i watch it anyway. maybe its because i dont really care about spider-man, and i think its funny that iron fist is on television somehow.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By mewmdude77

I like the show. It's pretty good, it just needs to focus less on the team, and more on either solo Spidey, or more team-ups. White Tiger and Nova are bad characters, and they should feel bad.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AlKusanagi

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool: Sounds like you missed Spectacular. It was the most faithful non-comic version of Spidey we've ever gotten. It was the Batman the Animated Series of Spidey shows and possibly the best Marvel animated series out there (although Earth's Mightiest Heroes is up there).

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlKusanagi: i saw it, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't as good as the 90's spidey too and the drawings where awful. and it sure was far far away from the brilliantly batman animated sries which, in my eyes, is THE best animated series of all times.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jordanstine

The only thing I liked about this show was the character design.

THAT IS ALL.

This show doesn't have the same heart and emotion as "The Spectacular Spider-Man" that Marvel/Disney canceled after a great 1st season.

Shame.

bookerman20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By bookerman20

I'll wait until Green Lantern and Young Justice are back.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By TenEyedMen

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

...you mean the guy who played THIS character below is going to voice The Lizard?

Suddenly, I really, REALLY can't take this show seriously anymore...

He actually voiced Lizard and Connors in Spectacular Spider-Man before. He actually did a great job.

soir8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By soir8

I don't mind the show itself; although it's far too juvenile most of the time. The problem is it's nowhere near as good as the show it replaced, Spectacular Spider-Man. They create one of the best superhero cartoons I've ever seen, end season 2 on an awesome cliffhanger, then cancel it and replace it with this childish, formulaic, slapstick bollocks? Like I said, the show isn't really that bad, but it deserves all the hate it gets until they bring back Spectacular.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By laflux

Seriously I felt I was the only guy who followed this series on comic-vine. I'm looking forward to it, so if anyone's interested in reviews, look to me Lol.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By VeganDiet

@TenEyedMen: And he was also Nightcrawler in a couple video games. He was also Ra's Al Ghul in Arkham City, played villains in several other excellent DC cartoons, and as you said, was already the Lizard once before.

Knock the show all you want to

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
    deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cafeterialoca: And would it kill them to acknowledge that Wolverine isn't the only X-Men in existence?

Really? Holy crap; I thought it was just the X-Men movies. I've actually started referring to them (minus X-Men: First Class) as Wolverine & Everyone Else.

Is the show really that bad? And if so, what's so bad about it? I'm genuinely curious to know.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@comicfan123 said:

@Cafeterialoca: And would it kill them to acknowledge that Wolverine isn't the only X-Men in existence?

Really? Holy crap; I thought it was just the X-Men movies. I've actually started referring to them (minus X-Men: First Class) as Wolverine & Everyone Else.

Is the show really that bad? And if so, what's so bad about it? I'm genuinely curious to know.

Okay.

1) It's not funny.

2) The show is obviously a lead into the Avengers. With Spider-Man joining SHIELD and whenever the Avengers pop up, Spider-Man freaks out and they make a big deal about it when we had Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes doing those characters properly.

3) Spider-Man is a moron. You know how Spider-Man luck just happened to him? Spider-Man in this show fully deserves EVERY bad thing that happens to him cause he's a judgmental jackass.

4) The show reuses guest stars and villains like no tomorrow. Venom was in 4 episodes, Iron Man in 2, Hulk in 2, Wolverine about to be in another episode, and so on. Was Trapster really the best villain they needed to use twice?

5) Everyone is a moron in this show. Nick Fury goes on how he knows everything about Spider-Man, yet he still doesn't know he doesn't have his license?

6) They fight villains in a food fight. Apparently it's the 90's in this show.

7) The show doesn't even use guest stars that well. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Wolverine are too obvious choices, but they reuse them constantly. It was cool for them to use Dr. Strange once, but the show is continually doing what I hate Marvel is doing, only focusing on the already popular character. I really wished they would create other brand heroes.

8) When most of Spider-Man's teenage teammates are more likable than Spider-Man? There's a problem. (Nova is a twat in this show.)

9) The second Venom episode is the worst storytelling. The whole issue has Spider-Man sick, and they stress he's sick throughout the whole episode. Does this give away his identity as Harry sees Spider-Man and Peter both sick? Does he defeat Venom with his cold? Nope. Spider-Man was sick the entire episode for the gag that he gets his teammates sick at the end. I mean, writing 101 people! Your stories should come together in the end! Not just be separate elements!

10) Harry is Venom.

11) More Norman Osborn is the only Spider-Man villain that matters. God, I wish they would use someone else.

12) It's just a very cheap cash in show.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Barkley

@AlKusanagi: i feel the same way....what they are doing in "superior"spider-man is the most stupid thing i have ever heart in comic book history...its 500 times worse than the clone saga

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By darthfury78

@mattwing87 said:

This show is great but would be a lot better without a "teenage hero team". Spider-Man is like Batman, a loner, not a leader and works better alone.

It would be cool to see Kitty Pryde, Silver Sable, and Black Widow make a guest appearance.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#68  Edited By PunyParker

@Cafeterialoca: THANK,FREAKING,YOU!!!

YES Spiderman is a moron in the show and clearly NOT likable....

Kid Show:they havent used Black Cat,cause they would have to put some sexyness in the episode...they would have to make an annoying girly chick to fit the show....

just thought of that....do i get a coockie?....what? , no?....ok

P.S.No good Spiderman cartoon,no good enough SPiderman game out...SSM comic book with a messed-up Spidey.....WHAT'S HAPPENING TO SPIDERMAN???

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@PunyParker: Not just Black Cat, the show doesn't even have any female superheroes besides White Tiger, the character they created for the show!

Even worst, the show just doesn't get what made Spider-Man good. The balance of his double life? His great responsibility? Even his banter to throw the villain off guard? It's got none of that because the only thing the producers took away was "Spider-Man is funny", so they make him a moron and end up ruining his comedic timing.

It's very frustrating. The show is just made by the corporate marketing side of Marvel, not the fan side of Marvel. Compare this to Spectacular Spider-Man. The latter easily blows this show out of the water.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PunyParker

@Cafeterialoca: I find Spectacular better than the 90s show....Ultimate is a blasphemy to the Ultimate Spider-Man comics...

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@PunyParker said:

@Cafeterialoca: I find Spectacular better than the 90s show....Ultimate is a blasphemy to the Ultimate Spider-Man comics...

Spectacular was the best Spider-Man cartoon. Blame Disney for that getting canceled.

And Ultimate cartoon really has nothing to do with the Ultimate comics. Jeph Loeb, the guy who's doing the Marvel cartoons, really doesn't get what makes shows good. For one thing, he said that the Avengers cartoon should focus solely on Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk. Then he said that kids couldn't follow shows with story arcs (Meanwhile, Legend of Korra is a smash hit).

I really wish the people who made these cartoons were, you know, FANS of the stuff they were writing?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PunyParker

@Cafeterialoca: Yeah....Weisman was fenomenal,as with writing....Loeb and Quesada have ruined a lot of things....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By TDK_1997

The show isn't that good but it can make me laught at times,so cool.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PunyParker

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.