Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

'Ultimate Spider-Man' Episodes 1 & 2 Comparison and Analysis

• 148 results
    Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Miss_Garrick

This is a dilemma. I love Iron Fist and very much want to see him, but I HATE spider-man. Mary Jane wants to be a reporter? Ripoff DC much?

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I'm extremely hesitant to check it out because the animation looks pretty odd. Like the characters and the backgrounds don't look like they're fully in synch.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@The Mighty Monarch said:

I'm extremely hesitant to check it out because the animation looks pretty odd. Like the characters and the backgrounds don't look like they're fully in synch.

They use a photoshop cheat for a lot of the backgrounds, the characters look ok some better than others. But the over the top humor gets a bit taxing and there's a lot of breaking the fourth wall in saved by the bell fashion =_=

jonny126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jonny126

Ended up being INCREDIBLY surprised by Spectacular Spider-Man. Which is why I was so bummed, I discovered that show and watched every episode in two sittings not realizing that that was all there was. So I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised again with this one.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sammo21

I thought it was funny but I wish that Spectacular Spider-Man had a longer run. What did it have? Two seasons at the most? That wasn't enough for how good that show actually was.

kimjoshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By kimjoshu

I thought the show was pretty decent. I watched it on the marvel kids website, so I guess you don't need disney xd. personally I thought the jokes were not bad and their really sticking too peter's boyish charm. overall, I like the humour and I'm looking forward too the next episode!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#57  Edited By owie  Moderator

I didn't see the show, but read the #0 issue of the comic, which adapted the first episode.  It was a lame adaption, it just literally took the frames of the show and pasted them into comic pages, so the art looked terrible and low rez and low contrast.  Hopefully the future issues of the comic will be independently drawn.

I think it's an interesting idea to make him work with SHIELD and be part of a group.  Iron Fist and White Tiger are good characters that could use more publicity.  I think it's interesting that they chose to use the new Nova and the new White Tiger (from Avengers Academy).  I had wondered why they introduced the new WT.  Now it makes sense, they were prepping her for the show.  Anyway I'm not against that, but it's an interesting harbinger for how things will work in the new Disney/Marvel synergy.  The different Nova bothers me a bit more, but I hadn't realized he was from the Point One.  More synergy, I guess.

I think the name Ultimate Spider Man is completely confusing and annoying considering that the normal comic Ultimate Spider Man is totally unrelated.  They could easily have chosen a different adjective.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By greeneagle

Gotta admit, i loved it, watched it twice. Did anyone feel like they were watching scrubs each time spidey had those spacing off in his head moments like J.D?

Moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Moncole

I really like the show

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By greeneagle

@ArtisticNeedham said:

What did you think about the Teen Titanesque clips, like Spider-Man versus Trapster drawn on lined paper with big heads or his imaginations about being on par with Cap or Iron Man (and then his arms go droopy), or the big Scott Pilgrim sound efffect when Spidey hit Trapster, stuff like this:

Did you guys like those little slips into his imagination? My brother didn't like them, or how silly it seemed. Like the food fight scene, I guess.

I loved them, its typical spidey

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By HubrisRanger
    @CaioTrubat

* Sigh * Where do I even begin...

I am not interested for this series for a simple reason. It will be the same as Spetacular Spider-Man and when you least expect, it will be cancelled. And you have to be introduced to the same villains over and over and over again, argh... I can't pull myself to watch a series like this again.

SSM was more or less canceled to make way for this show, because Marvel has had some bad luck working with outside creative groups plus Disney wanted to keep everything in house; Avengers and USM are the first two 'toons that Marvel has had direct creative control over, and I know they at least committed to 52 episodes of Avengers.

Overall, I thought the episode was scattered. The random side tangent humor was pretty hit or miss, and the two episodes crammed a lot in. Plus the visual style seems to shift some, sometimes being more stylized and playful and then other times really stunningly done; I thought the bit where Spidey was wallcrawling up the side of helicarrier was among the best stuff I've seen in an action cartoon in a long time, but it also looked like nothing else in the show. The tie in to SHIELD and the Avengers is a nice hook to differentiate it from past Spider-toons, and gives the show a HUGE supporting cast right out the gate.

All in all, judging by these two episodes, I probably prefer SSM, but this show has some things going for it and certainly plan to watch more. I just hope it settles down into a defined tone sooner rather than later.
    AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AlKusanagi

I'm trying to watch the first episode right now and, I'm sorry, but it's absolute garbage compared to the absolute perfection that was Spectacular Spider-Man. The only thing I'm enjoying are the cameos by other heroes and in-jokes related to old Marvel artists/writers/characters, but the art and "humor" are falling far, far short.

Avatar image for sweetesttoaster
    sweetesttoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sweetesttoaster

I thought it was alright but the thing that almost killed it for me was the voice of Peter/Spider-Man. Its really weird and really whiny and kind of annoying. Otherwise, it was decent. I'll give this show a shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f797850d03c6
    deactivated-5f797850d03c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I recorded both these episodes and I haven't had time to check them out yet. I will this week though, I have hope for the show but I was a little put off by the humor from the commercials. Still, it's Spider-Man, I'll give it a chance no matter what.

monochrome0088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By monochrome0088

I was unimpressed but interested. With his cooperation with SHEILD, the "team" aspect, and the "cycle" it didn't really seem like the common spider-man, but some of the changes like the modernization of the characters and the emphasis on his technical abilities were welcomed. They couldnt make the comic spider-man because it wasn't really kid-friendly and tended to be too complex and have need of too much backstory and continuity for a short-term kids TV show Overall, I'll probably watch it again for the entertainment value, and most likely enjoy it.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By MrMazz

I really didn't like the first episode the second episode was OK. But putting Spidey in charge of the SHEILD Scooby Doo squad dosen't interest me.

All this "Marvel DNA" worked WAAAAY better in Avengers EMH. I don't mind corssovers but have them make sense. This is Spider-man not Spider-man Ultimate SHEILD teamup.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#68  Edited By Outside_85

Hmm, looks to be part japanese anime (you know the kind where only the mouth moves and entirely populated by people in the 15-25 bracket when they don't have clear signs of age) and Teen Titans type of occational whacky humor.

VagrantSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By VagrantSaint

Loved the show! After a few failed attempts it's nice to see a spidey cartoon that kept me this interested. It even had more than a few moments where I laughed out loud.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well...I just watched the first two episodes and honestly....I wasn't impressed. The humor felt forced most of the time, and i hated the "Breaking the third wall to give out exposition" thing he was doing. Plus the "Family Guy" like cut away gags were hit or miss (although the "donde esta la bibiloteca" Community reference made me laugh). So far it's just TOO childish to me...hopefully it gets better, cause really, I'm missing Spectacular Spider-Man right about now.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Eyz said:

This is all looking pretty cool so far!

Looks like a mix of classic Marvel, Ultimate comics, and the current Marvel movies! I like it^^

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By greeneagle

@VagrantSaint said:

Loved the show! After a few failed attempts it's nice to see a spidey cartoon that kept me this interested. It even had more than a few moments where I laughed out loud.

Good to know i am not the only one who reacted this way.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mega_spidey01

ultimate spider-man reminds me of j.d. from scrubs cool seeing the team and the banter between nick fury and spidey the pacing of the show is too fast.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74  Edited By InnerVenom123

@greeneagle said:

@ArtisticNeedham said:

What did you think about the Teen Titanesque clips, like Spider-Man versus Trapster drawn on lined paper with big heads or his imaginations about being on par with Cap or Iron Man (and then his arms go droopy), or the big Scott Pilgrim sound efffect when Spidey hit Trapster, stuff like this:

Did you guys like those little slips into his imagination? My brother didn't like them, or how silly it seemed. Like the food fight scene, I guess.

Typical Spidey doesn't have imagination moments like that.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By greeneagle

@InnerVenom123 said:

@greeneagle said:

@ArtisticNeedham said:

On panel, but when he's making his usual jokes and quips, you gotta imagine these are the kinds of things going on in his mind.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By InnerVenom123

@greeneagle said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

On panel, but when he's making his usual jokes and quips, you gotta imagine these are the kinds of things going on in his mind.

He only makes jokes and quips because he's nervous, and the benefit is that it ends up distracting his enemies.

What's really going through his mind is, "HOLY SH*T, THE LIZARD IS GONNA F**KING EAT ME", not "OMG I'M IN A MARIACHI BAND!"

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By butters911

I havent seen the show yet, but is Gwen not in the show?

Youd think with her being the love interest in the movie coming out, they would want to use her, and help expose fans to her.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By greeneagle

@InnerVenom123 said:

@greeneagle said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

He only makes jokes and quips because he's nervous, and the benefit is that it ends up distracting his enemies.

What's really going through his mind is, "HOLY SH*T, THE LIZARD IS GONNA F**KING EAT ME", not "OMG I'M IN A MARIACHI BAND!"

Okay dude relax, i guess we just see Spidey in different ways.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dedpool

Spiderman and his Amazing Friends + Teen Titans. All the gadgets are for selling toys. It's a way to actually have all the variants in the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
    deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know where I could watch the episodes.

nandizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By nandizzle

Anyone know where I can catch the Avengers episode?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By InnerVenom123

@greeneagle: I'm relaxed. =P

MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MrGutts
    kimifly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kimifly

Thanks for posting all the information! I'll be checking this out for sure.

Prizm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Prizm

I will be the first to admit that I prefer the Spectacular Spider-Man for it being able to mix excitement and humor with drama and good storytelling. However, I did catch the second episode of Ultimate Spider-Man and I did not hate it. Sure I thought it was really out there when I think of Spider-Man, but it was still entertaining. I think the show has potential, it may not be what many want to see, but there is still potential.

Avatar image for kenjutsumaster13
    KenjutsuMaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By KenjutsuMaster13

Totally.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#87  Edited By TDK_1997

I watched the first two episodes and I thought that they were a bit cheesy but it was funny and has potential so I will be watching it

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#88  Edited By KainScion

spidey on crack. not good.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By joshmightbe

I only have one question, why no Richard Rider?

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By Icon

I don't like that MJ is essentially a rip off of Lois Lane now, but I do like the evolution of the DB. The show's humour isn't my cup of tea though. Not crazy about Spidey facing mostly non-Spidey villains either, or the emphasis on other heroes.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be sticking around for this show. I much preferred Spectacular.

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#91  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

@VagrantSaint said:

I unexpectedly LoLed too a few times as well. I wanted to hate the show... But the humor and childish side smiles and jokes, reminds me of Avatar a bit. Had a few easter eggs for comic book fans too. Stan Lee and Forbush Man.

Agent Coulson,etc I see why they did the reboot. To be more aligned with the Movies. I wouldn't be surprised if this has some plot spoilers for the upcoming movie.

MJ as a reporter. Osborn vs Shield.

- I thought Luke Cage was the recent Chi Powered Hispanic Power Man based off of costume...I hope we eventually see the original adult versions of Luke Cage and Iron Fist AND White Tiger in a different series.

But good to introduce them. Now I wonder how Luke Cage got his powers? He goes to Death Row and gets experimented on...as a teenager?!

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92  Edited By AllNewOverseer

I saw both episodes and will say as of yet, Spectacular Spider-Man is superior but Ultimate Spider-Man is by no means bad. I think I'll enjoy watching it. Sure it was a little cartoony for Spider-Man but it is an interesting change of pace with some good ideas. My only major problems are with some of the voice talent. It's not bad but Drake Bell is no Josh Keaton and while I like Tara Strong, I'm not quite buying her as MJ. Beyond that though, I did enjoy the show and will tune in for future episodes.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SpidermanWins

I only got to see the first episode...it was okay.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By AlKusanagi

Caught episode two and now I don't totally hate the series. Hopefully episode one will be the worst of the bunch. Still not a fan of all the asides and 4th wall stuff though.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was terrible, just like I thought it would be. Also. LAZIEST. INTRO SEQUENCE. EVER.

nandizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By nandizzle

@MrGutts: Thanks, but I'm looking for the avengers season 2 premiere. Any idea where I can find that?

coaxthefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By coaxthefire

this is crap totally dumbed down for kids. The old spider-man cartoon could be enjoyed by all ages, this was just extremely corny. It has the potential to be good but it needs a tad bit more maturity.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#98  Edited By cmaprice

This show really leaves much to be desired. 

The formula was so right in The Spectacular Spider-Man. This show, eh, not so much. 

Also, really not digging Pete's voice work. Josh Keaton nailed it. I don't buy the new actor as an understated genius teenager.

Also, they should only make Spidey more in line with the Marvel Studio movies if they have some deal with Sony we don't know about in combining the films. Otherwise, it's just a big tease. Concentrate on crossovers with EMH or just depictions of the comic characters. We don't need it to fit in with the films if we're never going to see Spidey in them.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Spydey

Not. Impressed.

I loved Spectacular Spider-man. Great art(I like how they actually made Spidey still look like a kid and not bulk him out). OutSTANDING quips that had me rolling in streams of laughter. And a decent execution in regards to resembling the comics as best it could. And the voice acting. I mean you can't beat his VA. I play Shattered Dimensions JUST for him and Niel Patrick.

This, I don't know. I feel like I HAVE to like it because I love spider-man so much. But I'm not really impressed with the art and feels almost like the Teen Titans cartoon. And that pseudo-anime crap was WAY annoying. And don't even get me STARTED on the out of costume art. OR the constant 4th wall breaking. Petey's hair? Really? I mean, I loooved me some Thundra, but still. And funnies? I haven't laughed once. Okay, I laughed when Spidey tried to shake Conners' hand. Voice actors aren't all that for me. I'll give it a chance and still watch it faithfully, hoping that one day it'll win me over. Spidercycle? I do hope the ditches that like he did the Spidermobile. So out of 5 I give it a 3. Barely.

whoohoo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By whoohoo789

when will this be on on demand? and cant wait to watch

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.