Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Theory on how Peter could still return (Spoilers)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

I don't know if it's just me, but have you noticed that everything seem to revolves around that damn Golden Octobot

No Caption Provided

I mean first it was use by Ock to swap brain patterns with Peter that allowed him to take over Peters life

No Caption Provided

Then Peter tried to use it to get back into his body which failed, after which he used it to force Ock to view all his memories with Ock replacing Peter in them in order to persuade him to be a hero, not that it did much to sway his ego and brutality.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And now in Superior Spider-man 9 Ock used it to locate information that helped isolate Peters memories from his own.

No Caption Provided

I mean, is it too far fetched to surmise that this piece of Ock tech, as it would still have Peters brain pattern, will play a big part for when or if Marvel decides to come to there senses and bring back Peter.

Unless Ock destroyed it, in order to make sure Peter never has a chance of return. Something tells me his ego wouldn't allow it, having his greatest enemy sitting in a trophy cabinet for his to lord over would fit his personality perfectly.

Thing is, if Marvel do, in what condition would he be, would he be still have his memories, or would he be like a computer that has an operating system but nothing else.

I think @punyparker said it perfectly:

Anyone thought that this whole memory loss/erase is a perfect base for a reboot?.....i mean Pete lost his memory....all his memory.....and when he comes back,he wont know his own name!....

But what @ninjablade09 could also be valid

LOOP HOLE! The memories are in Doc Ock's real brain in his body and he will most likely keep the memories of SpOck i.e his name and the people he knows that are alive.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Just read this : Stephen Wacker Addresses The Controversial Events Of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #9

and I am not at all happy, I've been hoping that the golden octobot would still be in play as a means to return Peter to his rightful place. But unless Wacker is placing a red herring,

He says: "Otto also deleted Peter's memories from the golden Octobot, he now really is gone and this appears to be the status quo moving forward"

I never thought I would be lower than I felt when I read issue 9.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Slott doesnt want him to return

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.