Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The superior Spider-man, no longer Peter Parker???

• 73 results
    Avatar image for maskedstranger192
    MaskedStranger192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MaskedStranger192

Hey, I'm all for Marvel now! but Spider-man has been my favorite character since I was 2 years old and to see Peter Parker go away from the Spider identity is scary and I'd like to know what other people think.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Sinfulplayerx
    No Caption Provided

Me Not Know.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By PunyParker

@Sinfulplayerx said:

No Caption Provided

Me Not Know.

kinda like that....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'm still hoping all the evidence pointing away from it being Peter is just a prank to get us all scared and that all they're doing is making Peter a bit more aggressive.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By thespideyguy

@guttridgeb said:

I'm still hoping all the evidence pointing away from it being Peter is just a prank to get us all scared and that all they're doing is making Peter a bit more aggressive.

At first I thought all the evidence led to peter killing in issue #700. Because Dan slott said it will piss off readers, and the solicits before it said Doc Ock just wanted revenge. So could killing make peter superior. Another concept that hasn't been brought up is the role that Silver Sable and the web of life would play.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By The_Soverighn

ITS HARRY OSBORN

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Sinfulplayerx said:

No Caption Provided

Me Not Know.

Hold up, is this fan art or an actual scan?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Strider92 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: I found this on a site a about a week back and then took my time tracking down the source as it looked legit. It is infact a VERY well done piece of fan art that you can find here on Deviantart: http://jprart.deviantart.com/art/Superior-Spider-Man-334916639

I was going to say, if that was real some one slipped up real bad. However it is indeed very well done.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

i really think that superior will be peter cause the only two likly people that couls replace him is kain and hes the new scarlet spidder and as far as i know that seris is doing great so he will stay there and the other is ben reilly and hes dead

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

It's ....

Felicity Hardy (Earth-982)

with a sex change.

No Caption Provided
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PunyParker

@Sinfulplayerx said:

It's ....

Felicity Hardy (Earth-982)

with a sex change.

No Caption Provided

I dont see other logical explanations.....verdict:You're right!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

@Sinfulplayerx said:

No Caption Provided

/cheers

edit: awww, deviantart? lame.

captainspidey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By captainspidey1

Araneaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Araneaes

As I stated before, SSM is still Peter. The goal of Marvel with MarvelNOW is to get new fans. Peter Parker is one of Marvel's iconic mascot so I can't see Marvel killing/replacing Peter Parker again.

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spideyfan69

@Araneaes: Are you sure, cause slott is pretty adament that it's not Peter.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Lvenger

@spideyfan69: He's purposely stirring the pot to make us doubt what the truth is. It could be Peter, it could be Miguel, it could be a new character but we don't know because of all the rumours going around.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker

I AM SOOO F****N' CONFUCED!!!!

WHO ARE YOU ALREADY!!!!?????
    WHO ARE YOU ALREADY!!!!?????
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By mewmdude77

I really think it is Miguel. he has the claws the new Superior Spider-Man has, he's had experience being Spider-Man, he's more edgy and vicious than Peter, and he has the weird eye problems that would account for the new eye pieces. Maybe Miguel has to go back in time, and take over for Peter while Peter heals up, or something. I think it would be awesome though (in any case, Peter Parker will be back eventually)

Araneaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Araneaes

@spideyfan69:

Yep, I'm sure. They said that this is the same Spider-man that would appear in other SM titles except for Ultimate. Now, why would Marvel kill and replace someone who's been one of the most iconic mascot of Marvel for 5 decades? They already killed and replaced Peter in the Ultimate universe, I can't see them doing it all over again.

As for Dan keeps saying it's not Peter, my guess is that it's a wordplay so people won't shut up about it and continue deducing who's SSM. It's getting attention that way. It's also a way to get the readers hype and to buy it right away.

tamabone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 62

#21  Edited By tamabone

The new Spider-Man in Superior Spider-Man is the earth 616 (main marvel universe) version of Miles Morales. The clues are evident, just read the last page of Spider-Men. ( The 616 - ultimate universe crossover with 616 Peter Parker and Ultimate Miles Morales.)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@tamabone said:

The new Spider-Man in Superior Spider-Man is the earth 616 (main marvel universe) version of Miles Morales. The clues are evident, just read the last page of Spider-Men. ( The 616 - ultimate universe crossover with 616 Peter Parker and Ultimate Miles Morales.)

1. One panel of Peter looking jaw dropped at who Miles Morales is in the 616verse does not equate to Miles being the Superior Spider-Man. There's no any strong evidence to suggest that Miles will be the Superior Spider-Man
    2. The cover of Superior Spider-Man 2 shows a white face beneath the mask and one rule of parallel universes is that parallel characters look similar across the multiverse for the most part

If Slott chooses to make Miles the Superior Spider-Man however, I will hunt him down and make him pay. I hate Miles with a passion. He does not deserve to be the new Spider-Man. Period.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

Dude's... I think I just had a revelation. I was re-reading past Spidey events and with the epilogue of Spider-Island, Pete grabs the formula to heal Mary-Jane and Julia misinterprets his intentions and assumes that he was to cure himself of his powers. She told him that the Web of Life would reset itself after his departure, and find a new replacement and all would be fine. So... what does that mean? Could Slott be foreshadowing that even if Peter dies, a suitable replacement can be found with no problem? But that makes little sense to me because of 695 and 696 where Madame Web see's the Web go nuts and she falls into a coma because of it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget: Its quite possible that is the case but it still begs the question of who would be a suitable replacement? What we have seen of Superior is that he's quite bit more violent than the old Spidey but Madame Webb had always said that the center of the web was always the "best" of them and that the web would be in trouble if Spider-man went over the edge so I don't see the web itself resetting and choosing someone more prone to dark violent behavior than Peter. So if the web always has to be the "best" of the spiders then if it was a new guy he should be a blatantly good person and from what we've seen of Superior he doesn't seem to be.

To me it all seems to lead back to Peter taking on a darker persona.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget: Wasn't the way out thing only as a response to Spidey saving the Web of Life and Madam Web offering it as a reward and stuff? And didn't Madam Web go into a coma because of Stone amping the spider sense jammers to boost Spider-Man's spider sense which also enhanced Madam Web's ability to perceive the future. Maybe Madam Web will come out of the coma saying this :P

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger: Well yes, the jammers did cause her to have those distilled images, but she's been having those since "No Turning Back" when Peter had to choose what to do in regards to stopping Morbius or Connors.

@Strider92: That's a good point. She did seem to take an interest in Kaine after the events of Spider-Island and we never knew what she discussed with him, save for that she wanted him to take a different path as his connection to the Web became stronger. So perhaps, if Peter dies, it affects Kaine more than he thought and he takes up the mantle?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget: Ah true. But I doubt Kaine will be taking up the mantle. I mean he's supposed to interact with the Superior Spider-Man at some point and juggling being the Scarlet Spider and the new Spider-Man would be impossible IMO.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger said:

@Deranged Midget: Ah true. But I doubt Kaine will be taking up the mantle. I mean he's supposed to interact with the Superior Spider-Man at some point and juggling being the Scarlet Spider and the new Spider-Man would be impossible IMO.

Indeed, so I'm truly at a loss to who it might be. It could be Miguel, could be even Ben back from the dead or it still could be Peter, but one that we don't recognize due to an altered personality. Let's be honest, why else would he be so interested in MJ?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget said:

@Lvenger said:

Indeed, so I'm truly at a loss to who it might be. It could be Miguel, could be even Ben back from the dead or it still could be Peter, but one that we don't recognize due to an altered personality. Let's be honest, why else would he be so interested in MJ?

I have to say Slott's done a good job at covering this up so that no one can know who the Superior Spider-Man will be. I still think it's Peter with an altered personality. I mean they've already replaced Peter once as Spider-Man why do it again? Though Bruce has been replaced twice as Batman so there is that. But a less moral Peter would make for a bigger change than a new Spider-Man IMO.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger said:

I have to say Slott's done a good job at covering this up so that no one can know who the Superior Spider-Man will be. I still think it's Peter with an altered personality. I mean they've already replaced Peter once as Spider-Man why do it again? Though Bruce has been replaced twice as Batman so there is that. But a less moral Peter would make for a bigger change than a new Spider-Man IMO.

And you hit it right on the mark mate. Replacing Peter would cause such a massive uproar among fans. How would I feel if it were a different person under the mask? I would be a little bothered since he's been my childhood hero for as long as I could remember, but I trust Slott and until I read Superior Spider-Man #1, I can't truly judge his decisions. And bringing up Bruce and being replaced by Dick. Fans were upset with that, but people grew to appreciate it and it just takes time to do so.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget said:

@Strider92: That's a good point. She did seem to take an interest in Kaine after the events of Spider-Island and we never knew what she discussed with him, save for that she wanted him to take a different path as his connection to the Web became stronger. So perhaps, if Peter dies, it affects Kaine more than he thought and he takes up the mantle?

Could be. The Superior Spider-man could be Peter falling to a darker persona paving the way for Kaine to step in.

Julia also said "She is coming for Kaine" at the end of Scarlet Spider #5. The only "she" I know who could possibly want Kaine for anything is the Queen but didn't die in Spider-Island?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: It could be Kaine but as Lvenger stated, he'll be interacting with the new Spider-Man eventually, but I still think it's going to be Peter with a different personality as I theorized before. He might seem different off the bat, but Slott said it all makes sense at the end of the first issue. And none of Peter's other clones really showed interest in MJ, so who else could it be?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget: Exactly. It made for a great step in Dick's life as well, replacing the man who had trained and raised him. And I trust Slott as well. I've enjoyed almost every issue of his ASM run since I started reading at Spider-Island so I'm sure he knows what he's doing with the character.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger: We'll just have to wait and see but Slott did say things become quite hectic starting with 697 so I'm beyond excited to read this issue!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget: And I have to wait till December to read it. In fact I've just realised that I have to wait till January to find out what happens in issue 700! I could spoil myself online but that would take away the fun of reading it. Batman 14's been spoiled for me already.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget said:

And none of Peter's other clones really showed interest in MJ, so who else could it be?

The only other person is Harry Osborn but i've looked at that option numerous times and it just doesn't fit despite the fact that it would make an interesting dynamic between him and his farther lol but i'm 99.8% sure its not him!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: Hmm, never thought of the possibility of Harry. A few people seem to think it might be Morbius.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget said:

@Strider92: Hmm, never thought of the possibility of Harry. A few people seem to think it might be Morbius.

With him getting his own series in Marvel Now? I doubt very much that its Morbius.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget said:

@Lvenger: We'll just have to wait and see but Slott did say things become quite hectic starting with 697 so I'm beyond excited to read this issue!

Yeah at the end of 697 something pretty awesome happens!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: I'm reading it right now!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget said:

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget said:

This was my reaction to the before last page:

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: That's basically spot on :P

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget: Is it me or does Amazing Spider-man look Superior like this!? (yay pun)

No Caption Provided
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92:

No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget said:

@Strider92:

No Caption Provided

You did!? And I thought I was being sooooooo discreet!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92:

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget:

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: Lmao, we've derailed this far enough.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget: I agree we don't want to crash someones browser when they get to this page lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.