Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

the new spiderman vilian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treyrodstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By treyrodstar

who do you think will be the new spiderman villian in the second "Amazing Spiderman"

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

My bet is Green Goblin. But I'd love to see characters like Scorpion and Electro.

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CannotSpellMyName

@The_Tree said:

My bet is Green Goblin. But I'd love to see characters like Scorpion and Electro.

I vote for those too. I'd really like to see the Sinister Six with these two as part of it. Mysterio, Rhino, Vulture and Kraven would be nice to see in there as well. I'd like to see new villains before they make new interpretations of Goblin, Doc Ock and Venom because we've already seen them so they can wait.

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

my guess we'll either see Kraven or Scorpion.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

Based off the post credits scene I think it'll probably be Mysterio. I mean there aren't really many other spider-man villains that could appear and disappear in a flash like that. And for a movie villain I think Mysterio would be amazing, because his powers are based around special effects and illusions.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BatWatch

Mysterio sounds cool.

I don't want to see any Green Goblin. The whole last series was dominated by him and his shadow. It was a fairly good portrayal of the Goblin saga. We don't need it again. Maybe in another twenty years or so.

Mowgli22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mowgli22
    No Caption Provided

For me it ties between either mysterio, or this guy-

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_tree

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

I don't want to see any Green Goblin. The whole last series was dominated by him and his shadow. It was a fairly good portrayal of the Goblin saga. We don't need it again. Maybe in another twenty years or so.

It's going to happen in this series eventually. To wait twenty years would be completely ridiculous.

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Rowen545
    FinnVarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FinnVarra

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

It's going to happen in this series eventually. To wait twenty years would be completely ridiculous.

Not necessarily. In all likely hood this series will go for 3 movies or so, and there are plenty of other villians to use besides Goblin. Why on earth would they choose to rehash the plotlines from the old movies when there is so much fresh ground to cover?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_tree

@FinnVarra said:

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

Not necessarily. In all likely hood this series will go for 3 movies or so, and there are plenty of other villians to use besides Goblin. Why on earth would they choose to rehash the plotlines from the old movies when there is so much fresh ground to cover?

One of the major plot-lines for The Amazing Spider-Man is about getting a perfected serum to a dying Norman Osborn. The serum is 99% likely to put him on the path to becoming the Green Goblin. To not follow through on such a plot would be entirely ridiculous. Not to mention Norman Osborn is arguably Spider-Man's greatest enemy, and his arch-nemesis. To have a Spider-Man film series without the Green Goblin is like having a Batman series without Joker, or a Superman series without Lex Luthor.

We haven't seen Osborn in full Goblin gear and as a featured villain since 2002, and I assume a couple of TASM sequels that could feature GG would come out around 2014/2015 and 2016/2017. Judging by such times, that would tell us that the villain's pretty much been on ice for nearly 15 years, and I think that's enough waiting time.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatWatch

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

Maybe so, but I don't think Marvel should bring back Green Goblin. He's an alright character, but he's not so good that he deserves another movie. Look at it this way, Green Goblin has already had three movies with him in it (more or less). If they wait another twenty years, then he's still averaging a movie every ten years.

Spiderman has a deep roster. There is no reason to keep mining the same story.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BatWatch

@FinnVarra said:

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

Exactly. If they feel the need to bring him back, then they should make him only one of many threats...like the leader of the Secret Six or something.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

@Mowgli22: I'd love to see Rhino in a movie but not as a main villain, maybe a thug working for the main bad guy or just an awesome opening action scene. Who wouldn't love to see a super hero movie kick off strait from the opening credits with a huge action set piece?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatWatch

@The_Tree said:

@FinnVarra said:

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

One of the major plot-lines for The Amazing Spider-Man is about getting a perfected serum to a dying Norman Osborn. The serum is 99% likely to put him on the path to becoming the Green Goblin. To not follow through on such a plot would be entirely ridiculous. Not to mention Norman Osborn is arguably Spider-Man's greatest enemy, and his arch-nemesis. To have a Spider-Man film series without the Green Goblin is like having a Batman series without Joker, or a Superman series without Lex Luthor.

We haven't seen Osborn in full Goblin gear and as a featured villain since 2002, and I assume a couple of TASM sequels that could feature GG would come out around 2014/2015 and 2016/2017. Judging by such times, that would tell us that the villain's pretty much been on ice for nearly 15 years, and I think that's enough waiting time.

I would love to see a Superman movie without Lex Luthor. He's a hack of a character the way they have portrayed him in the movies. I'm also not eager to see Joker again in a movie anytime soon. Maybe if Ledger was still alive since he did such a great job, but even then, I wouldn't want him to be the main threat of a movie.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatWatch

@Mowgli22 said:

No Caption Provided

For me it ties between either mysterio, or this guy-

I would like to see Rhino in a movie, but I can't picture him as a solo threat to the web head. He would be a good member of the Secret Six.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@The_Tree said:

@FinnVarra said:

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

True. and Gwen Stacy has to be killed off by him as well...

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BatWatch

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@The_Tree said:

@FinnVarra said:

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

True. and Gwen Stacy has to be killed off by him as well...

I wouldn't mind Gwen living just for a change, but yeah, I guess that probably will happen. That is a classic story line. A lot of fans would probably enjoy that.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_tree

@PsychoKnights said:

@The_Tree said:

@FinnVarra said:

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

I would love to see a Superman movie without Lex Luthor. He's a hack of a character the way they have portrayed him in the movies. I'm also not eager to see Joker again in a movie anytime soon. Maybe if Ledger was still alive since he did such a great job, but even then, I wouldn't want him to be the main threat of a movie.

I'm saying that there's never been a Batman series of movies without Joker, or a Superman series of movies without Lex Luthor. To cut out an arch-nemesis from a series just doesn't happen. I would love nothing more than to see other villains get a spotlight, but arch-nemeses firmly have their place in their respected hero's series. I guarantee you that if Man of Steel gets sequels, Lex will be in them in some capacity. Just as Green Goblin will be for TASM sequels.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatWatch

@The_Tree: Probably, but that shouldn't be the case.

FinnVarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FinnVarra

@The_Tree said:

@FinnVarra said:

@The_Tree said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Mysterio sounds cool.

Lol, well I'd say it's pretty inevitable after taking that plotline into consideration.

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By InfamousFish

Sinister Six would be awesome. Loved them in comics, and loved them in Spectacular Spider-Man.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

@InfamousFish: Which incarnation of the Sinister 6 tho, there have been quite a few of varying degrees of success

Avatar image for spiderman20991992
    spiderman20991992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My guess is Electro. Because he appeared and disappeared when lighting struck. maybe they'll make him Norman's enforcer or something. who knows. But, i don't see them using green goblin until the third movie or so.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AweSam

@Teerack said:

Based off the post credits scene I think it'll probably be Mysterio. I mean there aren't really many other spider-man villains that could appear and disappear in a flash like that. And for a movie villain I think Mysterio would be amazing, because his powers are based around special effects and illusions.

Who could disappear like that in a thunderstorm...

No Caption Provided
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

I just don't see the Sinister six working as a second movie threat, maybe if the did some side villains in 2 and 3 then in part 4 they're gathered by a main villain like Doc Ock but it would be weird to see them all just pop up at once

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#28  Edited By Teerack

@AweSam: Only reason i think electro is really unlikely is because electro is really powerful but held back by the fact that he's a stupid thug, so it just doesn't seem likely that it was electro. Because the guy at the end didn't seem stupid.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatWatch

@joshmightbe said:

I just don't see the Sinister six working as a second movie threat, maybe if the did some side villains in 2 and 3 then in part 4 they're gathered by a main villain like Doc Ock but it would be weird to see them all just pop up at once

I can see them getting to Sinister Six by movie three. You can introduce several villains without having to know their entire back story. Wolverine did a pretty good job of that at the beginning of the movie though the writers did not follow up on it. However, if they already have Lizard and Mysterio firmly established, and then they seem to be developing a Green Goblin as well, it wouldn't be too hard to do some development for a little development for a fourth and fifth character in TASM 2. Then you could bring in a sixth villain in the final movie and bring them all together. It is a lot of irons in the fire, so it would be difficult, but like Avengers, I think it is doable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.