Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The break-up?!

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By spider2dfly

The storyline "One More Day" is all about the break-up of Peter and MJ so Aunt May could live. That being said, is this the right time to separate them? I mean, is MARVEL go back to square one on Spider-Man?

fear monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fear monger

spider2dfly says:

"The storyline "One More Day" is all about the break-up of Peter and MJ so Aunt May could live. That being said, is this the right time to separate them? I mean, is MARVEL go back to square one on Spider-Man?"

it might be good for spiderman,who knows

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andferne

I hated hearing that. I grew up reading Spider-man and he was my favorite for a long time. In the old comics I saw Mary Jane as te perfect woman. When they got married things were awesome still. Little jealousy thngs here or there once in a while maybe, but for the most part it was perfect. She nursed his wounds, had wamr food for him waiting on cold days etc etc.

Then Spider-man the movie came out(other factors too). MJ's character changed, and kept getting worse as the movies went on (her in 3 was grrr). Now all of a sudden she is a drama queen and....well I'll stop here.

Now this other guy wants to shake things up a bit. Make Spider-man feel younger again, bring him back to th "good" days so the young audience can relate to him BS. If he does break up Parker and MJ I will be very dissapointed and Stan Lee needs to do some fireing over at marvel.

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spider2dfly

Didn't you saw the spoiler about the ending of the "One More Day"? would you like to know what happened?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andferne

Yes please.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By zero edge

Next time please put spoiler in the title when you talk about future releases.

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spider2dfly

Andferne says:

"Yes please."
    • Aunt may is healed

• The whole world forgot the identity of Spider-Man as Peter

• Peter forget the whole marriage

• MJ becomes a superhero named "Jackpot"

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andferne

begins rant out loud.

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spider2dfly

oh yeah, I forgot, MJ is the only one that remembers the whole deal as punishment by Mephisto.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Andferne

Should of had him PM me Zero my bad.

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Knightwing

To: Andferne

Uh, one problem Stan doesn't work for Marvel anymore. He just gets the credit for creating Marvel. He recently worked on a show called 'Who wants to become a Superhero'. Some dumb guy in a suit won. I heard he once sued Marvel for something, 5 million or billion something. Who knows if we are that pissed just wonder how he's going to take it along with , Todd McFarlane, and J.Romita Jr and all the other guys who worked on Spiderman.
    Post Edited:2007-12-31 03:10:05

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zero edge

Well Stan Lee does deserve co-ownership of the characters he helped create.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Copy

Wasn't Spider-man his idea? I thought he came up with him on his own.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

zero edge says:

"Well Stan Lee does deserve co-ownership of the characters he helped create."

He deserves full ownership. I say nobody is allowed to do anything to his characters without his consent until the day he and all the other silver age creators die.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Copy

Dreadnaught says:

"zero edge says:
    He deserves full ownership. I say nobody is allowed to do anything to his characters without his consent until the day he and all the other silver age creators die. "

Don't you mean Golden age?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zero edge

Dreadnaught says:

"zero edge says:

He deserves full ownership. I say nobody is allowed to do anything to his characters without his consent until the day he and all the other silver age creators die. "

Marvel still deserves to own that character too since it was Marvel that gave him the opportunity to create the character.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vrakmul

Copy says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "zero edge says:

Don't you mean Golden age?"

Um Stan Lee didn't enter the picture until the 60's, which was the last decade in the silver age.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Copy

Dreadnaught says:

"Copy says:
    "Dreadnaught says:
    "zero edge says:
    Um Stan Lee didn't enter the picture until the 60's, which was the last decade in the silver age. "

Oh okay. Thanks. My bad.

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Liverwurst

Dreadnaught says:

"Copy says:
    "Dreadnaught says:
    "zero edge says:

Um Stan Lee didn't enter the picture until the 60's, which was the last decade in the silver age. "

Actually, Stan started at Marvel in 1941.

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Knightwing

Dreadnaught says:

"Copy says:
    "Dreadnaught says:
    "zero edge says:

He started to work in Marvel in the 40's. his fame with characters like Spiderman and the Avengers started during the Golden Age, when Batman was the smiling happy camp boy we all hate. He worked right through the Silver Age, and the Silver age ended with Gwen Stacy's death and Batman becoming darker at the hands of Denny O'Neil. But can we get back to the topic now that that's clear?
    Post Edited:2008-01-02 12:15:11

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.