Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 villain Choice

tis_blackwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tis_blackwater

Disclaimer: Everything that follows are my own personal thoughts and should in know way be regarded as the truth, the right of freedom of speech and my comic fandom are the reasons for the points i am raising that is all.

Since the marketers have been beating us down with a stick by reminding us that this Spiderman is darker and gritter, my first intuition for the next villain is...

Venom
    Venom

And my reasoning is this, because this film series will be most mirror to the tone a pacing of Nolan's Batman (or at-least that's the feeling i'm getting) they should follow the pattern. Starting with the Lizard presents a great opportunity to dig deep into some of Peter's personal troubles. The first time when the Lizard was introduce peter didn't really want to fight him because of the man that was inside and they did a great job with that in Spectacular Spider-man television show (which they should of gotten back on the air instead of Ultimate Spider man). Now for a sequel you could do the outer exposure of Spider-mans impact on the world much like The Dark Knight and then you could also go the Iron Man 2 route with the fact that there are more and more people trying to get their hands on his kind of technology. They could introduce Brock as Peter's best friend from their childhood who returns after a significant and suspicious absence.

The Film's Premises could be: 2 years after the events of the first film (and year after the game, if they count that in the mythos). Oscorp has been working on a secret project based on some of the recently found documents of Richard Parker and Curt Connors documents for something that will make Spider-man seem obsolete. Meanwhile Peter's childhood best friend returns from a suspicious 24 12 year absence. Returning with an unknown agenda and getting a job as a intern at Oscorp Eddie becomes attach and hellbent on finding out the secret project being done at Oscorp while simultaneous slowly deteriorating they already strained relationship between Gwen and Peter as a new love enters his life Liz Allen. Peter must face the ultimate outcome that occurs when Brock gets his curious hands on the mysterious project.

The other Logical choice is none other than...

Now at first glance he seems to much of a colorful and campy villain, but giving the right motive Mysterio could be a formidable and potential mind blowing adversary. One of the Great things about Mysterio in the Ultimate Spider-man was he was clever enough to get away. He could be the villain that makes Spider-man question the motives of regular villains. Mysterio could play the joker angel of a villain that doesn't have a clear motive, thus it being difficult for Spider-man to catch him and therefore having him doubt if he can ever bring himself to become a true hero, exposing Spider-man to the fact that not all evil is black and white.

Premises: In the events following the first film new villains have risen to take down Spider-man but no have proven themselves but given Spider-man nothing more than a headache, making him seen invincible and becoming a true hero, but with the rise of his ego comes the terrifying threat of the bugle who taint Spider-man's image as a little boy in costume with no clear idea as to what he is doing. Taking advantage of the rising doubt in Spider-man is the villainous Mysterio and villain unlike anything Spider-man has faced, a villain that has no clear motives. Digger deeper into his past Spider-man has to face the deadly link between Mysterio Oscorp and his family legacy... wondering if he is a hero the world needs.

and the only other villains I can think of are Electro and Vulture. But giving the brief preview of the person talking to Curt Connors in the prison cell i can safely assume that they are going with the Vulture.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Wow, relax first let the movie come out and then we'll talk about those sequels.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'd like to see Scorpion and/or Electro in the next movie. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

Green Goblin is Spiderman's Joker, Mysterio could be cool in a movie but no one has made any where near the level of personal problems for Peter than the Goblin

3IOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 3IOB

I'd like to see Felicia Hardy appear in a Spider-Man movie. Also, good call on Mysterio, but I'd really like to see Wilson Fisk (a proper representation of him) appear in these movies as well. I know that 20th Century Fox owns the Daredevil rights, but since Kingpin isn't mutually exclusive to one book, I wonder where the line is drawn. If they're trying to do a 'more serious tone', it'd be awesome to have Spidey battle Fisk and his Mafia underworld, and introduce Black Cat in that manner, but then again, the similarities between Catwoman and Black Cat may be too much for this to be a reality.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @3IOB said:

I'd like to see Felicia Hardy appear in a Spider-Man movie. Also, good call on Mysterio, but I'd really like to see Wilson Fisk (a proper representation of him) appear in these movies as well. I know that 20th Century Fox owns the Daredevil rights, but since Kingpin isn't mutually exclusive to one book, I wonder where the line is drawn. If they're trying to do a 'more serious tone', it'd be awesome to have Spidey battle Fisk and his Mafia underworld, and introduce Black Cat in that manner, but then again, the similarities between Catwoman and Black Cat may be too much for this to be a reality.

They could use Tombstone (if he is owned by Sony <_<) and have him replace Fisk as New York's crime boss like they did in Spectacular Spider-Man. They could then bring in Black Cat as a new love interest/second villain for the sequel.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Mysterio or Scorpion.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Recoil1985

I'll wait to see how the first plays out before taking a guess at what would make a good follow-up.

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By InfamousFish

I'd like to see the Green Goblin in the next film

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mewmdude77

@Recoil1985 said:

I'll wait to see how the first plays out before taking a guess at what would make a good follow-up.

this right here

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By SpidermanWins

As the sequel's villain I'd love either Electro or Venom (probably will be Venom though. Seearticle:http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-the-amazing-spider-man-game-tied-to-the-symbiote-doc-ock) in the next film.

Possible, but kind of unlikely that it will end up exactly this way "Wow it'd be pretty cool if that happened though", "totally not some guy going off on a tangent" Spoilers Ahead: Then save the Green Goblin as the big baddie for the third movie in the "Peter's Parents/Oscorp" storyline. Think Oscorp as the Empire and Norman Osborn as Darth Sidious. (here's where I ramble) Then he can kill Gwen, there can be a "Back in Black" type thing for her since the symbiote was in the one before it, and you have a six movie saga. And if all goes well, they'll probably have Carnage in there for the last one too. Oh and Black Cat could be a love interest after Gwen! Let's not forget btw, that in that article I posted up there, Ock could be in on the symbiote deal in the new Spider-Mythos. So Sinister Six? Maybe....some form of........ I CAN DREAM OK!!!?!?

marvelbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By marvelbeast

I think kraven the hunter and rhino should be the next villians

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.