Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Spiderman 9 preview

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

just checked the preview over at newsarama and i swear on the last page of the preview Aracely blue sweatshirt and all how in the world would peter know about her?

Edit : just looked over it again not sure but it might be miles even hard to tell without the hair

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By animehunter
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I wonder how Slott will screw this up.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Huh, interesting. I wonder if Peter does get his body back and just continues to keep the tech and costume that Octavius created and sticks with the name Superior. But I doubt it as it's not really his style.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@deranged_midget said:

Huh, interesting. I wonder if Peter does get his body back and just continues to keep the tech and costume that Octavius created and sticks with the name Superior. But I doubt it as it's not really his style.

I'd find it pretty amusing if Peter did reclaim his body but lost all his emotions in the process (Ie: Ock destroying them accidently as he fought to regain control). So we get Spider-man just with no emotion. Kind of like when Sam was souless in Supernatural. If that did happen you'd get a cold calculating Peter Parker who would most likely agree with Ock's way of doing things. So he'd continue with the whole Superior-vibe.

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
    deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love watching people get mad at Superior.

Speaking of mad...

Huh, interesting. I wonder if Peter does get his body back and just continues to keep the tech and costume that Octavius created and sticks with the name Superior. But I doubt itas it's not really his style.

F**k that. If Peter learns nothing from this, it only proves he's the Inferior Spider-man. Drop the more Orwellian tech, of course, but he should learn to keep his appointments and stop being the unreliable loser his friends and family have come to know him as.

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
    deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: But... there's power and.....responsability and....... it's important and .......oooooooh I guess you're right

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: That'd be relatively interesting, possibly with a Peter who actually thinks he's Octavius or something.

@innervenom123: I meant by calling himself "Superior" Spider-Man. I mean, Peter did call himself the Amazing Spider-Man but he always had a sense of humour about it. I don't think he has the nerve to boast about being Superior.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123

@deranged_midget: Ah, I was referring to the part of your post that mentioned Peter using the tech. I assumed when you said "that's not his style" you also meant the tech.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: Oh no, Peter was already used to utilizing his Horizon tech Pre-Dying Wish so it'd only be fitting that he continued that trend! I like how he even admitted some of Octavius' inventions were pretty darn spectacular!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: The problem is Slott said it would make us all angrier than 700 frankly now Peter's "gone" I don't think I could get angry about anything lol.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is Slott said it would make us all angrier than 700 frankly now Peter's "gone" I don't think I could get angry about anything lol.

Heh, I wasn't so much angry with 700 as other people were. I was just... unimpressed. I expected a lot more! That's not to say that I didn't enjoy the issue and I love that Slott is attempting such a risky move but the way it was talked up for so long, it just fell flat :/

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yeah I see what you're saying. Frankly i'd have been more impressed if Slott had made Pete kill Octavius in cold-blood. That would have been more of a game-changer for me.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yeah I see what you're saying. Frankly i'd have been more impressed if Slott had made Pete kill Octavius in cold-blood. That would have been more of a game-changer for me.

That's exactly what he had him do, it's just that it backfired on Pete because of the carbonadium plating.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

Yeah I see what you're saying. Frankly i'd have been more impressed if Slott had made Pete kill Octavius in cold-blood. That would have been more of a game-changer for me.

Yeah, kind of fulfil that whole dark destiny, Web of Life shattering consequence that could've been if he killed Kraven during Grim Hunt! We theorized about that!

That's exactly what he had him do, it's just that it backfired on Pete because of the carbonadium plating.

Hmm, but would that really be killing him? That'd just be him transferring his conscience back into his own body and then unfortunately, nature would take it's course with Otto's body.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

Hmm, but would that really be killing him? That'd just be him transferring his conscience back into his own body and then unfortunately, nature would take it's course with Otto's body.

It's essentially murder. It's enough for Peter to consider it murder.

"Because after this, I can never be Spider-man again."

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:

Nah Ock would have died anyway. I mean properly kill him like break his neck with his own hands. Not transfer him back to his body and let nature take its course.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's essentially murder. It's enough for Peter to consider it murder.

"Because after this, I can never be Spider-man again."

I'd still have to disagree! Peter and the world have already known that Ock was dying, there was nothing he could really do about it, or anyone for that matter.

:)

JimPicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JimPicken
    No Caption Provided

@strider92 said:

Yeah I see what you're saying. Frankly i'd have been more impressed if Slott had made Pete kill Octavius in cold-blood. That would have been more of a game-changer for me.

Yeah, kind of fulfil that whole dark destiny, Web of Life shattering consequence that could've been if he killed Kraven during Grim Hunt! We theorized about that!

@innervenom123 said:

He said it himself "I was ending your life, Thats a line I never swore to cross...now I'll have to live with that--"

So I do think it would be killing him.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he did take part in Gwen's death, so it's not like he has never "killed" before.

JimPicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoiler Alert:

For issue 9

==================================================================

Parker = gone

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.