Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Spider-Man Identity - Why I still think he' Miguel

Artael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Artael

So, Red Herrings and other things aside...

I read opinions that Miguel being Superior Spider-Man doesn't make sense storywise. It doesn't if you look at it from the "past issues" perspective, but hey, O'Hara is from the future so let's look at it this way.

2099 - heroes die at the end of "Heroic Age" in a great war/battle. Now we have a "Heroic Age" and it is ending (Marvel Now replacing it?) just when we get an Ultron event - so it would be a big war with Ultron. Superior is supposed to be important in that fight so what if an alternate reality Miguel (I'll get to that later) came back in time to stop the future from happening or just change something? He knows what happened so he may know how to stop it.

Throw in some Doom 2099 and you have both time travel and means to not just create an alternative reality but really change history - now O'Hara can't come back, he's stuck in the past.

Ok, now here comes the kicker - in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (written by Slott himself) we have Doctor Octopus 2099 - Serena Patel.

Serena Patel became the head of Alchemax's Shadow Division, obtaining a position of authority within the company. After being inspired by the exploits of Otto Octavius, the original Doctor Octopus, and learning he apparently killed the Spider-Man of the Heroic Age, she designed a battle armor patterned after him with six arms instead of four, and declared herself the new Doctor Octopus.

Octavius killing Spider-Man of the Heroic Age - this is happening now. Or Peter in Otto's body killing Otto in Peter's body - history still will propably remember it as Doctor Octopus killing Spider-Man.

So there is no Spider-Man during the Ultron War - easy for O'Hara to replace him.

Now, why an alternate Miguel O'Hara and not the original one? Well, because he has far too big history. Also we get things like Kron being Scorpion in both Shattered Dimensions and Timestorm 2099. I hope Superior Miguel will be more like the original one but the one from Timestorm is very much possible.

What do you think? Am I on to something here?

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EscGamer

I think you have a very good theory and might be on to something, I wouldn't be surprised if Slott used shattered dimension as part of his plan at all.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

I'm afraid to hope. But no, I think it's just going to be Doc Ock as spidey.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

Its not Miguel. Miguel has organic webshooters. Superior has mechanical ones like Peter. Even alternate versions of Miggy like the one from Timestorm and Exiles had organic webbing so its not him.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By mewmdude77

@Strider92 said:

Its not Miguel. Miguel has organic webshooters. Superior has mechanical ones like Peter. Even alternate versions of Miggy like the one from Timestorm and Exiles had organic webbing so its not him.

Maybe a trip through alternate dimensions makes Miguel's organic webbing stop, so he has to make his own web shooters.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@mewmdude77: I guess its possible but that seems a real stretch to me.

Artael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Artael

Superior's artificial webshooters are 100% confirmed or is it something someone thinks he saw under Spideys costume on one of the pictures? Miguels spinnerets did look sometimes like some swelling on his arms :P But if it was confirmed I rest my case. Also adding this to my theory: We have seen Ty Stone working for Modell and Fisk. Miguel's father was Tyler Stone and this could make Ty O'Hara's grandfather or great-grandfather bringing even more ties with 2099 to the table.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By BigMaraSpence

If this theory turns out to be true, all I have to say is that Slott is a certifiable genius for putting a foreshadowing element into an unrelated video game, and props to you @Artael: for spotting such a subtle thing. I am still hoping for Peter to somehow be superior though, or at least be able to come back and take his mantle.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

Thinking about the 2099 connections... It kind of freaks me out because if you play Spider-man The Edge of Time, future Peter Parker is evil.... and....

No Caption Provided

He basically wears a Spider version of the Doc Ock Arms....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.