Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Superior Identity(PLEASE DON'T READ IF NO SPOILERS YOU WANT!!!!!!

• 79 results
    Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

The Superior Spider-Man is

My thoughts?

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO­OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!! DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!

*One therapy session later*

Sorry, just that this is big news. While I believe that there are people equally as qualified to be Spider-Man besides Peter Parker, I just get a little peeved off when ONE OF HIS GREATEST ENEMIES BECOMES SPIDER-MAN!!!!! AH I'LL KILL YOU SLOTT AND YOU TOO MARVEL ALL OF YOU WILL DIE!!!!

*Two more therapy sessions later*

Ahem. RAPE MY CHILDHOOD WILL YOU?!??!?!?!

*Smart_Dork_Dude is now committed*

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SandMan_

...Wasn't that already painfully obvious already?

Wait...is this sarcasm?

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SandMan_ said:

...Wasn't that already painfully obvious already? Wait...is this sarcasm?

According to a leak I read it will be PERMANENT!!!! NOT RESOLVED AT ALL UNLIKE WHAT I HAD SERIOUSLY HOPED FOR!!!! WHY MARVEL?!??! FIRST ONE MORE DAY NOW THIS!!! DO YOU WANT ME TO HATE SPIDER-MAN?!?!? IS THAT IT?!?!

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

C'mon, @Smart_Dork_Dude, don't rip off Nostalgia Critic. You're better than that.

On topic: I'll give the good Doctor a shot. Could be interesting. And Peter'll be back in charge sooner or later.

Then again...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SandMan_
    @Smart_Dork_Dude: Eh, DC and Marvel have a reputation of not making this permanent...So yeah relax.
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@JonSmith: It was the only thing I could think of that fit this uncontrollable rage I feel aside from reverting to Hulk speak. Why couldn't it have been an older version of Miles Morales?!?! Lord knows I find him bland in the Ultimate Universe but at least it'd be something better than this!!!! They are treating a BRAIN SWAP story, one of the most ludicrous of plot devices, seriously!!!! AND THEY'RE STICKING WITH IT!!!

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SandMan_: THE FACT IT HAPPENED AT ALL IS WHAT'S MAKING ME RAGE!!! THIS IS JUST TOO STUPID FOR WORDS!!!! THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST SPIDER-MAN STORY EVER!!! I PUT IT ABOVE OMD IN TERMS OF SHEER STUPIDITY!!!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SandMan_
    @Smart_Dork_Dude: If this last more than 4 years, THEN I will be surprised.

its not. DC and Marvel don't take the same risks Image or other companies make.
    JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

It was the only thing I could think of that fit this uncontrollable rage I feel aside from reverting to Hulk speak. Why couldn't it have been an older version of Miles Morales?!?! Lord knows I find him bland in the Ultimate Universe but at least it'd be something better than this!!!! They are treating a BRAIN SWAP story, one of the most ludicrous of plot devices, seriously!!!! AND THEY'RE STICKING WITH IT!!!

It's not just a brain swap story. A mere brain swap story would be 'villain and hero switch brains, villain does some villainous things with the heroes powers, loved ones realize somethings amiss and help hero in villain's body fix it'. This is far more interesting. Peter's effectively dead. The real deal is kaput. And Ock has all of Pete's memories. Meaning there is NO dissonance. Perhaps he'll act in ways Peter necessarily wouldn't, but his loved ones trust him because he knows everything the real Pete knows. So, no it's not just a brain swap. It's more like an... Identity Crisis.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Twentyfive

Is it really Ock? It can't be.

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@JonSmith: It was the only thing I could think of that fit this uncontrollable rage I feel aside from reverting to Hulk speak. Why couldn't it have been an older version of Miles Morales?!?! Lord knows I find him bland in the Ultimate Universe but at least it'd be something better than this!!!! They are treating a BRAIN SWAP story, one of the most ludicrous of plot devices, seriously!!!! AND THEY'RE STICKING WITH IT!!!

That would be taking it way too far. Fans complained when Miles originally replaced Ultimate Parker. This would be too much.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SandMan_: Like I've said before, I don't view Spider-Man as one singular character. He transcends just being Peter Parker behind the mask, in fact the reason his costume covers him from head to toe was done so ANYONE could imagine themselves as Spider-Man. However the fact that this stupid, idiotic, TRAVESTY, of an idea was not only done, but will be stuck with for ANY length of time be it six months or six years just makes me sick.

I've put up with a lot from both DC AND Marvel. I've put up with how DC is basically raping the Justice Society in Earth Two and making them nigh-unrecognizable aside from their real names. I've put up with One More Day, though I have not purchased a mainstream Spider-Man comic since that story just on principle and now it seems I have one more reason not do purchase anymore.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#12  Edited By Teerack

@Twentyfive: It really is. http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/definite-spoiler-for-asm-700/92-735159/?

From what I've gathered reading various spoiler threads on different sites a very small majority of people like this. So if this is any indication of how sales reception will be this might only last a year.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SandMan_
    @Smart_Dork_Dude: it'll be OMD again.
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SandMan_: This is no different than if The Joker suddenly swapped bodies with Batman, got all of his memories for some reason that didn't make sense, and decided to become his MOST HATED ENEMY and carry on his life like nothing had happened. And the same could be said for nearly ANY OTHER VILLAIN!!!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SandMan_
    @Smart_Dork_Dude: Eh, its not going to lats. These things have a reset button somewhere.
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Strider1992

In year or two years Peter consciousnesses will completely overtake Ock's and this will be retconned.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By StarKiller809

I haven't been keeping up with Spider-Man but from that spoiler, this seems like a huge mistake. It kinda reminds me of Green Lantern when it was rebooted with Sinestro... hmm.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Earth616

It likely won't be permanent, since, well... nobody seems at all happy about our foe beating our hero and then getting away with it..... But I still think that this is a bit better than Miles Morales just taking over for Peter, since 1) At least we have hope of Parker coming back, and 2) It would have had to be an extreme coincidence if Miles did take over, since Miles currently only exists on Earth 1610, and Peter exists on Earth 616, and the fact that for the moment, Peter is alive on one and dead on the other, means that the two dimensions aren't completely interdependent on one another, so for Peter to die and Miles to take over on 1610, and then that exact same thing happen on 616 a little while later would just be........ unlikely!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 3) Peter is a better Spiderman than Miles.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zella

@Earth616 said:

It likely won't be permanent, since, well... nobody seems at all happy about our foe beating our hero and then getting away with it..... But I still think that this is a bit better than Miles Morales just taking over for Peter, since 1) At least we have hope of Parker coming back, and 2) It would have had to be an extreme coincidence if Miles did take over, since Miles currently only exists on Earth 1610, and Peter exists on Earth 616, and the fact that for the moment, Peter is alive on one and dead on the other, means that the two dimensions aren't completely interdependent on one another, so for Peter to die and Miles to take over on 1610, and then that exact same thing happen on 616 a little while later would just be........ unlikely!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 3) Peter is a better Spiderman than Miles.

Not debating your post but wanted to point out that Miles does seem to exist on earth 616. At the end of the Spider-Men crossover Pete checks to see if Miles is around in his world and is left with a shocked expression, the reader isn't told why but it is pretty certain that it means Miles Morales exist in some way in the 616 world.

InfinityAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InfinityAce

I'm scared that this is going to last. I really hope it doesn't. Soon the world with forget Peter Parker and his old cast and will only have the next generation knowing of superior and, his cast. Really hoping this won't happen. I'm sure people said miles wouldn't last now miles is here permanently. By the way I'm pretty sure everyone knew that ock is superior. 700 isn't out yet but I wish they sent Pete out with a huge heroic fight. Having such a heroic hero die such a death isn't fitting. Something might happen in 700 that might change my mind but I'll have to wait and see

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By SUNMAN

this is why I've only been reading Ultimate Spider-Man the last 6 years

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By PunyParker

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

DO YOU WANT ME TO HATE SPIDER-MAN?!?!? IS THAT IT?!?!

No matter what they do.....you cant hate Spider-Man.....

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarkDay

@Strider92 said:

In year or two years Peter consciousnesses will completely overtake Ock's and this will be retconned.

I don't even give it a year. Personally I'm taking it as a test run to see how the waters fare them. I could be wrong, but I'd be lying to say I expect this to last for long or be "super" popular.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By consolemaster001

I think doc ock won't take advantage of spidermans memories and body, but he'll replace him as new yorks web slinging guardian as a way of respecting his arch-nemesis' dying wish.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I thought the new Spidey was going to team up with Daredevil to fight Doc Ock and Stilt-Man

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lamenoire

@Smart_Dork_Dude: actually it would be the same if it were Norman Osborn or Cletus Cassidy who became spider-man.

BATMAN recently asked a cured harvey Dent to protect his city while he was away. He did a great job.

Otto is more like Harvey Dent thant the Joker

Ok. Evryone :

There is someone who actually read the issue who said it was a great issue (on bleeding cool), and that a lot of important stuff are left out of this spoiler (enough so we don't know in what direction SSM will go). He said that we discover who superior is in Avenging Spider-man 15-1.

So please. Ignore the spoiler (you probably saw the synopsis was confusing). Live your life until the 26. and then if you want you can insult SLOTT, Marvel and whoever you want, but only when you will have actually read what actually happen !

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should have brought back ben reilly, like they did with kaine. but no, doc ock........ thats awsome (sarcasm mode off)

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#28  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

@SandMan_ said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude: If this last more than 4 years, THEN I will be surprised. its not. DC and Marvel don't take the same risks Image or other companies make.

so are you saying the new52 wont stick

Shinjiro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shinjiro15

Ugh.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HushoftheWind

how many wanna bet that this will last until the next Amazing Spider-Man movie? any takers? 5 bucks

]

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HushoftheWind: i'll take that. at least then they'll switch back to peter. just look how they used the lizard again as assmazing spider-man was in theaters.

ScarletWebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ScarletWebs

While this is stupid and what happened to Peter made me angry, it won't be forever. I give it a year or two tops Peter is too important and to have your arch nemesis replace you is just wrong on so many level especially in Spider-Man.

bookerman20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By bookerman20

It took me a while to get over OMD....

Actually, when I think about it...I'm still pissed off about it. I didn't start getting back into Spider-Man until "The Gauntlet" & "The Last Hunt". I got hooked again right after "Spider-Island". This just sucks, and when will Marvel realize that it was Peter Parker we all liked reading about because he is the guy you root for. He continues to do right, regardless of what personal tragedy may comes his way. There hasn't been an Ultimate Spider-Man I have not liked and I will be sticking to that. But I'm sure Peter Parker does make a comeback just in time Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Earth616

PETER! WILL! NOT! BE! FORGOTTEN!

ScarletWebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ScarletWebs

Peter is Spider-Man. I don't see why Marvel continues to try and get rid of him, they did in the UU for no reason. I don't hate Miles he is kinda boring, but I don't hate him just seems like they did that for no reason at all. 616 needs to stay Peter and not anybody else.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@ScarletWebs said:

Peter is Spider-Man. I don't see why Marvel continues to try and get rid of him, they did in the UU for no reason. I don't hate Miles he is kinda boring, but I don't hate him just seems like they did that for no reason at all. 616 needs to stay Peter and not anybody else.

I believe Spider-Man transcends Peter Parker. Let me explain. There have been various people take up the Spider-Man identity and have proven themselves in Peter's absence before. Ben Reilly did, and before him being a clone is mentioned he was still his own person. Miguel O'Hara is a fine example of someone taking over for Peter.

My point is Spider-Man is a symbol of responsibility and sacrifice and there are people that can take over as Spidey.

Peter Parker is the original Spider-Man and in many respects the best, but even he deserves a break. If this was simply Peter stepping down as Spider-Man for a while and allowing someone else to take on the mantle, I'd be fine. If any superhero in any universe deserves a rest it's Peter, but we know he'd be back eventually.

However, Ock taking over his life? No. There is nothing good that can come from this. Even if Ock was willing to try and honor Peter by living his life and being Spider-Man for him, there is no way his ego would allow it. There is no way that he would be content to let people think it's Spider-Man OR Peter Parker saving lives or working at Horizon Labs. This will backfire.

Another thing that makes me hate this so much is that no one knows Peter is dead aside from Ock. Not Peter's friends, his family, his teammates, no one and Ock is content to just sit back and play Peter. That is an unforgivable act of villainy.

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By crimsonspider89
    ScarletWebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ScarletWebs

@Smart_Dork_Dude: You my friend, are great at explaining things. I agree with you, I'm just a huge of Peter Parker as Spider-Man fan as most people are. I'm equally angry about the nobody knows anything situation. I know he will be back I just don't like how any of this is going down. This can't last too long people close to him will notice him acting more different and brutal, and i'm also guessing he won't be cracking jokes much like he's well known for. People will notice.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@ScarletWebs said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude: You my friend, are great at explaining things. I agree with you, I'm just a huge of Peter Parker as Spider-Man fan as most people are. I'm equally angry about the nobody knows anything situation. I know he will be back I just don't like how any of this is going down. This can't last too long people close to him will notice him acting more different and brutal, and i'm also guessing he won't be cracking jokes much like he's well known for. People will notice.

Exactly. I know this might sound petty, but I have not bought a mainstream Spider-Man comic since OMD. I've kept up with everything by reading my friends comics, but I refuse to buy them because of that travesty of a story. It wasn't Peter and MJ breaking up, it was the fact that Peter was willing to make a DEAL WITH THE FREAKING DEVIL that made me lose it for Spider-Man. I'm still a big Spider-Man fan, but that hurt me.

The Peter Parker I know would not be a part of anything like that and I simply refuse to PAY to read about a Peter that would. As such I found refuge in Ultimate Spider-Man. Then they killed off THAT Peter Parker, though I must say it was done wonderfully from a creative stand point. Miles Morales is pretty bland to me, but I like his costume.

Anyway, back on track. Ock WILL be found out. Hell I'd accept it if they had a high class telepath take Peter's memories and use them to make Ock actually believe he's Peter Parker and thus effectively KILL HIM and make it as if Peter was never gone. A perfect fix? No, but it's better than sticking with this insanity!!

ScarletWebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ScarletWebs

@Smart_Dork_Dude: A lot of people have already theorized this but I don't think Peter is actually gone. His brain was overwritten by Ock so I think he will eventually retake his mind and body back. I was honestly hoping for a mesh of the two in one body, that would have been very interesting and made for some great stories. I guess for now though were stuck with Otto 'I WANT THE WORLD TO REMEMBER THE GREAT MIND THAT I AM EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT ACTUALLY ME' Octavius.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I think this is good for comics, change.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ssejllenrad

I thought Cyclops was the biggest target in Marvel character buttf*cking... Turns out they went back and a*sraped Spidey again.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#43  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

well.....i think i just might vomit.......

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SexualLobster

http://i.imgur.com/HW8Xb.jpg

details.. images.. spoilers.

They break Peter (in doc ock's body) out, they fight. They have a moment where they become one and Otto sees all of Peter's memories as himself, and has an epiphany.

Peter falls from the tower (Ock;s body) and shatters his spine, and his eye comes out of his head.

Ock (Peters body) decides with his unparallelled intelligence he will be a better Spider-Man than Peter ever was, a Superior Spider-Man.

EDIT: Also Otto (Peter;s body) punches Scorpion's jaw right off because he didn't understand the power Peter's body has. He notes how much he must have had to hold back.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#45  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Yoda?

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SexualLobster

I still don't get the feet and claws..

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Pyrogram

I actually like this new story line

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram: 2nd thing we kinda have in common....i cant say that i "like" it....but i dont have a problem with it.....leaves windows open for Peter's return

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker: I guess, Dok ok becoming spider-man is, wierd. But will be interesting.

Dalwih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dalwih

This doesn't add up, if that's the case then who is the Ock Superior and DD team up against?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.