Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spidermans special webbing

reventon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can anyone list the different types of webbing Spiderman has used.

reventon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The types I know about are,

1.magnetic webbing

2.acid webbing

3.fire proof webbing

I know this thread is old but I'm also curious about what other types he has

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: These are the primary ones he's used. The ones I can recall are...

Ice Webbing: Supposed to be used against the Human Torch but abandoned when Peter released his regular webbing also had the same effect (Note this webbing is used in Spiderman 2: Enter Electro)

Taser Webbing: Exclusive to Spiderman 2: Enter Electro and Ultimate Spiderman it fires a strand of webbing that can be electrified to stun his opponents.

Flame Webbing: Exlusively used in Spiderman (PSX) it fired a strand of webbing that would cause it to combust upon reaching it's target (this was used against the symbiotes)

Acid Webbing was used against Sandman I believe but I'm not sure about Magnetized webbing.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldwasher

@adamanouer: thank you I didn't know about those kinds.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

here is a list of all the types of webbing spider-man uses:

• Ice Webbing was created specifically to combat the Human Torch. This webbing was able to hold him temporarily, until he concentrated on burning at a higher temperature. Spider-Man subsequently discovered that his standard webbing was able to accomplish the same feat,though in a less flashy manner. Presumably, this is why he rarely used this variant.
    • Acid Webbing was concocted after a string of murders led to William Baker, the Sandman. Peter concocted special webbing laced with hydrochloric acid, which could dissolve the individual granules of the Sandman's body. It proved successful in incapacitating him but not killing him, as Peter stated he was not sure if anything could really kill him. Because the webbing looked the same as his original formula, Peter placed it into a green cartridge instead of the usual grey. He has also used this type of webbing as early as his initial encounters with the Rhino.
    • Magnetic Webbing is the newest variation of Spider-Man's original web-formula, with magnetized particles that will interfere with any remote-control frequencies.
    • Flame Webbing is useful against symbiotes. When Spider-Man fires it, his web-shooters eject a highly combustive chemical solvent from the ports, that will burst into flames upon contact with the intended target when entrapped in enough fluid.
    • Taser Webbing generates a bio-electric current within its semi-liquid substance; Spider-Man can use it to temporarily stun his opponents.

source: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man's_Web-Shooters

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: thank you I didn't know their was a wiki that listed those

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: Bless ya buddy no worries. Whenever Peters web shooters are involved he usually customises it in one way or another. He also created a stronger batch of webbing in the 94's series which would harden ultra quickly and contain his water molecules.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldwasher

@adamanouer: I've watched the animated series so I know about that kind I also know about impact webbing even though Peter didn't invent it or ever use it (correct me if I'm wrong on that) along with the types I mentioned

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: Impact Webbing was invented by Ben Riley in the Comics he used it to hilariously pwn Venom when he went after him by firing it into his mouth and then in a DC crossover he also used it to blind Superboy and ultimately defeat him.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamanouer: I knew Ben Reilly invented it but I didn't know it was used to blind superboy

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all too sure, but I'm pretty sure Otto was developing bullet proof webbing or at least said he was during his run-in with Punisher.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.