Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spiderman: The Gathering

jaclloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jaclloyd

**New to this site so I apologize if there is a forum already for this topic

I started collecting Spiderman comics my senior year of high school (2005). I have always aspired to collect at least the main Spiderman series. I started small with Spiderman (1990) and worked my way through Web of Spiderman and The Spectacular Spiderman. I have stayed up to date with The Superior and got my hands on all of The Avenging. Sounds great right? Wrong. It means that The Amazing Spiderman is the last set to piece together. With over 600 comics to collect in the series, I find myself fearing failure. I've seen many have taken the digital approach which is great for carefree reading, however there is nothing like flipping through the old pages of a great book (the way they were written to be read).

I guess what I am looking for is advice, words for the wise, how best to attack this challenge with the greatest odds of victory. Im not looking for variants or near mints, just complete, enjoyable first printings. Here is the part where you share your tactics and experience. Thank you all for time and consideration.

Very respectfully,

Jac

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cooldes

@jaclloyd: so jack, i personally can't help you with your spiderman problem, but i can help you this way.

first, Welcome to the Vine ^-^

secondly, you posted this in the quest board, which i must tell you has died.

you should however repost this in the Gen discussion board. this is the type of thing they usually deal with over there and alot more people should be able to answer your question.

i only saw this cause i accidentally came to the quests board lol.

once again welcome to the vine

jaclloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate your time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.