Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man (Marvel) Cinematic Universe Discussion

ravit15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like Spider Man in both cartoon show and Movie.

Watching cartoon shows on Nick India is great. i love watching Ninja Hathori on Nick India.

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2602  Edited By Dedonus

Marvel is planning in the long term. RDJ and the gang aren't getting any younger. Spider-Man is being groomed to take up the torch for the Phase 1 and 2 Avengers. You might not get an "adult" Peter/Spider-Man movie yet, but it will come in the future.

Also, it bugs me when people complain that the movies have already shown Peter's teen years. The Amazing Spider-Man movie was the only film that was solely in his teen years. The original film only had him in high school for the first third of the movie and ASM2 only had him in high school for the first couple minutes. The majority of the film series has had Peter in college. I don't want to hear this "I'm tired of the high school years" BS.

@blackspidey2099 said:

@punyparker: I agree. This is gonna be pure "teen movie" crap. I don't want to see Peter struggling to balance teen life and hero life (AGAIN), I want to see Spidey being the badass hero he is. Just the fact that they are trying to make this small scale is a very bad sign.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@blackspidey2099 said:

@punyparker: I agree. This is gonna be pure "teen movie" crap. I don't want to see Peter struggling to balance teen life and hero life (AGAIN), I want to see Spidey being the badass hero he is. Just the fact that they are trying to make this small scale is a very bad sign.

"Smaller scale is relative," Feige said of the film, meaning it won't be an intergalactic adventure, but that doesn't mean the stakes won't be there. "It's going to be as big and spectacular a Spider-Man film as has ever been made," he assured fans.

I really don't know what more to argue for the "scale" point....i mean.....it's English......he said it.

Done.

You'll get the most badass Spidey you have ever gotten in a movie......and you'll get the most action you have gotten in a movie........because it's goddamn Marvel, and they won't focus on MJs and Gwens.......They'll focus on Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

So first he specifies a smaller scale, then says it will be big and spectacular? Contradiction much? And please, I get Marvel is good, but don't act like everything they touch turns to gold. Remember Thor 1/2, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, etc?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

"Smaller scale is relative," Feige said of the film, meaning it won't be an intergalactic adventure, but that doesn't mean the stakes won't be there. "It's going to be as big and spectacular a Spider-Man film as has ever been made," he assured fans.

I really don't know what more to argue for the "scale" point....i mean.....it's English......he said it.

Done.

You'll get the most badass Spidey you have ever gotten in a movie......and you'll get the most action you have gotten in a movie........because it's goddamn Marvel, and they won't focus on MJs and Gwens.......They'll focus on Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

So first he specifies a smaller scale, then says it will be big and spectacular? Contradiction much? And please, I get Marvel is good, but don't act like everything they touch turns to gold. Remember Thor 1/2, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, etc?

He said "Smaller scale is relative"

He means that all the mMarvel movies were circulling around the over the top environment, but Spider-Man will be the first that we see a normal kid, with a normal life, having to deal with his superpowers.
    Street level.

I don't know how much more simple to say this.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2605  Edited By PunyParker

@dedonus said:

Also, it bugs me when people complain that the movies have already shown Peter's teen years. The Amazing Spider-Man movie was the only film that was solely in his teen years. The original film only had him in high school for the first third of the movie and ASM2 only had him in high school for the first couple minutes. The majority of the film series has had Peter in college. I don't want to hear this "I'm tired of the high school years" BS.

Right on.

People want to find stuff to complain about, even if the movie's a year and a half away....

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ted Turner: Tether

We need a big-name producer such as Ted Turner to get behind a nice Spidey film project, so more people will care about hearsay such as "Did you hear Tom Holland will be the next Hollywood Spider-Man?" or "Did you hear Jude Law is interested in playing the Hobgoblin?"

No Caption Provided

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie needs to garner a sense of it's own uniqueness from other movies like Deadpool and Antman do but not as bare bones as any other coming of age superhero highschool hero story that's been told by not only previous spiderman stories but tons of other of the same concept. Spiderman needs to be reinvented for this age like batman begins did with the dark knight trilogy or else Wade Wilsion is gonna be the next breakout star Marvel so desperately wants to showcase even replacing Spiderman as mascot for a while like Ironman has done.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original article can be found here: http://comicbook.com/2016/01/08/exclusive-captain-america-civil-war-directors-explain-how-their-/

Captain America: Civil War Directors Explain How Their Spider-Man Is Different

Spider-Man is one of the biggest mysteries of Captain America: Civil War. The character has yet to appear in any trailers or other promotional material for the film. In an exclusive interview with the Russo brothers ahead of Wizard World New Orleans, ComicBook.com asked if fans will see Spider-Man in any trailers or on any merchandise before Captain America: Civil War is released.

“No. We really can't comment on that,” replied Anthony Russo.

“Part of making these movies is maintaining surprise so that everybody's excited and that's one we're going to make fans surprised,” added Joe Russo.

Even though the Russo Brothers couldn’t reveal if they are going to pull a Luke Skywalker with Spider-Man and save him for the movie, they were able to elaborate on how Tom Holland’s Spider-Man will be different from Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Mans.

“We took a very personal approach to the character,” explained Joe Russo. “He was my favorite character growing up, so the opportunity to bring Spider-Man to the screen is a dream come true. It's something that I spent a lot of time thinking about as a kid. We had thought back to the things that excited us about him as a character when we were younger, and one of the most important components of that was that he's a high schooler burdened with incredible powers and responsibility. That really differentiates him from every other character in the Marvel universe as opposed to other superheroes. For us, it was extremely important that we cast somebody very close to the age of a high school student. The previous films had adults playing a high schooler. We wanted more of an authenticity to the casting. We were very specific about that. We wanted an energy and charisma from the character, an energy, but also an insecurity that would make him fun to watch in contrast to the confident superheroes.

It was also important to us that the actor that was cast feel contemporary because the other films that portrayed where he lived is more... they honored the comic books in terms of the choices. But you go look at the home that Tobey Maguire lived in in Raimi’s Spider-Man was... those were very expensive homes. We wanted to relate it to the reality…”

“The everyman appeal of the character, which is something we've always loved,” added Anthony Russo.

“A character growing up with his aunt in New York, a single income family… Where would they live? What would that look like? Where could they afford to live? We asked ourselves all those questions,” continued Joe Russo. “We try to take a very logical and realistic and naturalistic approach to the character. Again, in combination those are all of the things that we try to do, and of course, to bring our own touches, too.”

“I would also add, again, we're introducing this character in a Captain America movie,” said Anthony Russo. “If you look at what we did with Winter Soldier with the Cap character in terms of bringing him into the modern world, trying to ground the movie tonally into something that was a step toward real-world, at least to the degree you can do that in a superhero movie, that's still the tonal universe that we're playing in in Civil War. We're bringing a character… we're bringing Spider-Man into the movie in that universe, now, in that specific tonal stylistic world. I think underscoring everything Joe was saying about your question in terms of how were we thinking about the character in relation to past interpretations of the character, part of our choices were all so colored by the specifics of the world what we were playing in with these two Captain America movies, meaning Winter Soldier and Civil War. It's a very specific tonal world. It's a little more grounded and a little more hard-core contemporary. That was also coloring our choices a lot about the character on Spider-Man.”

“We're fans, also. I still go to midnight screenings of movies when they come out,” said Joe Russo. “I'm still first in line to buy the new issue of the book. I still have my entire collection in my closet. It takes up entirely too much space in my closet but I'll never give it up.

These things are really important to us and because we have a history with these characters, all of them, I read almost every comic book character you could think of when I was a kid. I have at least several histories of every character. There's a deep history that we can draw upon where we had great emotional and strong psychological connection to the characters as a child. We want to reach into that and understand what elementally motivated you to love the character. That's what we try to bring out in the characters now. There are certain things. We talked about Cap. There are things that bothered me as a kid about him. We tried to correct those things in our interpretation of the character.

I want to be clear. We're not trying to denigrate other interpretations of Spider-Man. Raimi's movies are fantastic. Spider-Man one and two are amazing. Two, is one of if not my favorite comic book movie of all time. But he made a very strong choice with those movies from a color palate standpoint to a costume standpoint, execution standpoint, camerawork standpoint to honor the feeling of the comic book. We're trying to honor the feeling of naturalism and to honor the feeling of reality. The harder we can pull these characters into reality, the better for us, especially because we're all so connected now through social media, the Internet. We're all so dialed in to what's happening in current events. That it's important for us that these characters live in the world that we live in because it makes them more real and it makes our experience of watching them more passionate and more well-rounded.”

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/647529-civil-war-spider-man-hoodie#/slide/1

Possibly a sneak peek at Spidey's Civil War costume. I like the spider and the colours but hate the webbing and design of the arms.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find that the webbing contrasts with the huge spider.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@punyparker

@blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy

Bleeding Cool

A First Look At Peter Parker In Captain America: Civil War?

Marvel Studios co-president Louis D’Esposito likes to post set photos every now and again. He also likes to tease the arrival of Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In the past, he posted a photo of new Spidey Tom Holland visiting the set of the upcoming Dr. Strange, leading many to wonder if Peter Parker might make an appearance in that film. Yesterday, he posted this photo, which could the first of Holland as Peter to surface:

Holland will debut as Spider-Man in May’s upcoming Captain America: Civil War. His first solo outing as the MCU Spider-Man was recently announcedfor a July 7th, 2017 release.

No Caption Provided

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2612  Edited By clonesaga2099

The original article can be found here: http://comicbook.com/2016/01/08/exclusive-captain-america-civil-war-directors-explain-how-their-/

Captain America: Civil War Directors Explain How Their Spider-Man Is Different

“The everyman appeal of the character, which is something we've always loved,” added Anthony Russo.

“A character growing up with his aunt in New York, a single income family… Where would they live? What would that look like? Where could they afford to live? We asked ourselves all those questions,” continued Joe Russo. “We try to take a very logical and realistic and naturalistic approach to the character. Again, in combination those are all of the things that we try to do, and of course, to bring our own touches, too.”

No Caption Provided

So basically the Russo Brothers didn't tell us anything about what their Spider-Man is like. You know who else wanted to explore the everyman angle? Webb and Raimi. The everyman is a part of Spider-Man's character.That he starts off like most people, and grows into a respectable superhero .This doesn't tell us anything about their Spider-Man that we don't already know. We already knew he's poor, and we also already knew he was going to be a teen. This title is misleading, because there's nothing here to differentiate their Spidey.

The only things I took away from all that is:

1.They liked Spidey when they were kids, like Raimi.

2. They want to make him more grounded and contemporary, like Webb.

3. He's a poor, and relatable everyman.

The Russo brothers are very talented, but being fans isn't enough to deliver a good Spider-Man. Dan Slott says he's a fan, and although he knows all the trivia, he doesn't convince me that he knows what makes Spider-Man a compelling character. Obviously, they might just be keeping it a surprise, and that's okay, so I'll hold on to hope.

The part about a beginner to contrast the heroes can go a couple of ways, either he's fairly competent, just inexperienced and slightly too idealistic, like Ultimate Comics or Marvel Adventures, or he's can be made into be a complete loser like the cartoon Ultimate, or Dan Slott's Spider-Man. Though, the Russo Brothers did incredible work with Captain America 2: Winter Soldier, so I'm going to give them some credit and say it'll be the former, especially since they mentioned charisma. Also with the repeal of the committee they don't have to follow Joe Quesada's blueprint for Spider-Loser. I hope that when Civil War comes out, i feel silly for even considering the thought that their Spider-Man might not be good.

Tl;dr: This doesn't tell us too much about what their Spider-Man is like. Guess we'll wait and see, and I'm only disappointed because I thought we'd get something deeper like them giving their insight about the character.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2613  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

THE BIGGEST SUPERHERO FILMS THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, PART 1

This month, Warner Bros. rolled out more peeks at March's "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice," August's "Suicide Squad" and next year's "Wonder Woman." They're the first wave in an ambitious slate of shared continuity DC Films that started with 2013's "Man of Steel;" a franchise designed to compete with the prolific Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Of course, the world isn't always kind to filmmakers' best-laid plans. Let's start a look back at those comic book-based movie projects that never quite came to fruition, and/or started out in wildly different forms.

---

Larger Image

SPIDER-MAN '92

Getting Spider-Man to the big screen took decades, and involved many hands.

In the early ‘80s, Stan Lee himself wrote a movie treatment to be directed by Roger Corman, in which Spidey would have prevented a nuclear war and romanced a KGB agent in the course of flirting with Mary Jane Watson and fighting Doctor Octopus. Later, Cannon Films planned a Spider-Man movie with a hero who, werewolf-like, turned into a spider and fought other animal/human creatures. Other Cannon efforts were more traditional, but as one might expect, a B-movie budget wasn't really enough for a proper Spider-Man movie.

When Cannon went under, its producers sold the Spider-Man rights to Carolco, which had produced big-budget action flicks including the Rambo movies, "Terminator 2" and "Total Recall." Carolco hired "T2" director James Cameron to adapt Spider-Man, and Cameron first created a 31-page "scriptment," illustrated with storyboards, to explain his vision for the movie. Cameron's 1992 scriptment may be most famous for his contribution of organic web-shooters, a controversial part of the Sam Raimi series, but Cameron also portrayed them as more representative of Peter's, let's say, more primal urges.

The scriptment repurposes a number of elements from the comics, like making Peter a more defiant nerd than Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's original awkward teen. Spidey's seduction of Mary Jane Watson involves webbing and a cringetastic speech about spider mating rituals.

It comes off as the unholy union of "Fifty Shades of Grey" and Anakin Skywalker's hatred of sand. But it doesn't seem to be the last word on Cameron's Spidey. A July 1993 script, from Cameron and co-writers Barry Cohen, Ted Newsom, Joseph Goldmari, and John Brancato, replaced villains Electro and Sandman with Doctor Octopus, and used Flash Thompson and Liz Allan as teen sidekicks instead of MJ or Gwen Stacy.

Regardless, the film's details were somewhat mooted by legal wrangling over just who owned the Spider-Man rights, and Cameron's material became stuck in that quagmire.

===

Along with these

FANTASTIC FOUR '95

The 2005 and 2007 "Fantastic Four" movies were produced by Chris Columbus. However, Columbus was originally supposed to direct "Fantastic Four," working from a script by Michael France -- crafted after 1994's infamous, produced but unreleased adaptation.

According to accounts, France's script was both bigger in scope and drew more on the comics, especially in its use of Doctor Doom. Although it played with Doom's history, making him a Russian cosmonaut named Victor Obrecht who's present for the FF's power-granting accident, he still takes over the country of Latveria, something the final film only hinted at. France's Doom was a recognizably megalomaniacal ruler, complete with a "blimp-type transport" and a horde of Doombots.

The FF's first public appearance had them stopping a terrorist attack by the Enclave (also known as the Beehive, a Lee/Kirby creation dating back to "FF" #66), and the big finish involved Doom harnessing the Human Torch's powers to fuel a superstorm dubbed the "Hypercane." It ended by teasing Sue's pregnancy and the potential of a "Fantastic Five." The film went through a number of rewrites (including one from our old friend Sam Hamm) and potential directors, before landing with director Tim Story and a script co-credited to France and Mark Frost.

While that film also emphasized the FF's various relationships, its relative lack of scale wasn't much help. France's script is a tantalizing glimpse at the kind of widescreen action that might only come to pass if future filmmakers are willing to take bigger budgetary risks. Given the current state of the FF (both in print and on screen), that's a big "if."

BATMAN '83

Basking in the success of 1978's "Superman" and its sequel, Warner Bros. was eager to bring Batman and Robin back to the big screen. Producers Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan hired screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz -- who'd polished both "Superman" screenplays as a "creative consultant" -- to take a similar approach with the Dynamic Duo. Taking its cue from the then-recent Steve Englehart/Marshall Rogers/Walt Simonson "Detective Comics" run, Mankiewicz' script for "The Batman" began with the Waynes in Crime Alley and progressed through a familiar training-slash-growing-up montage before heading into full-on Bat-action. It incorporated the Joker, the Penguin, Rupert Thorne, Silver St. Cloud, the origins of Robin and the Batmobile plus a Batcave with a giant penny and robot dinosaur. In other words, it would have been a pretty faithful Bronze Age Batman story -- which, according to interviews, was a radical departure in the eyes of nervous higher-ups who were more used to the TV show's camp.

Later, Englehart himself took another pass at the script, getting rid of Robin and the Penguin as part of some general streamlining. Apparently, though, Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" really provided the impetus to make the movie that became Tim Burton's "Batman." Englehart claims that Kim Basinger's Vicki Vale and Jack Palance's Carl Grissom are renamed versions of Silver and Thorne, and there's probably some truth to that. Still, the final version of 1989's "Batman" (credited to Sam Hamm and Warren Skaaren), with its origin flashback and armored Dark Knight, is pretty far from Mankiewicz's first draft.

CATWOMAN '95

Even though "Batman Returns" wasn't as lucrative as its predecessor, Warner Brothers was sufficiently bullish to try and spin off Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman into a solo feature. Director Tim Burton, producer Denise Di Novi and screenwriter Daniel Waters (all "Batman Returns" alumni) would guide Selina Kyle as she recuperated from her Gotham adventures in the superhero resort town of Oasisburg.

Details of the script have been hard to track down, but it was apparently at least as dark as "Batman Returns," and thus not exactly in keeping with the direction the Bat-films took once Burton stepped down as director. Waters reportedly turned in his "Catwoman" screenplay the day "Batman Forever" opened, providing a pretty clear contrast between the two philosophies.

Wavering commitments from both Burton and Pfeiffer also contributed to the demise of this "Catwoman." We may never know how Pfeiffer would have done in her second cat-suited adventure, but certainly the "Catwoman" which did get made -- and which was set to star Ashley Judd before Halle Berry came aboard -- remains one of the low points of superhero cinema.

SUPERMAN '98

The saga of "Superman Lives" is dense enough to warrant its own documentary, "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?"

Here's the short version: it was based around the "Death of Superman" arc, it would have starred Nicolas Cage as the Man of Steel, and as far as producer Jon Peters was concerned, a number of familiar elements -- including a red-and-blue costume, a cape, and the power of flight -- were to be discouraged.

It began with a script by Jonathan Lemkin called "Superman Reborn," in which Superman dies battling Doomsday, but manages to transfer his life-force to Lois, impregnating her. The "son" then ages 21 years in three weeks and saves the world. According to Wikipedia, Warners didn't like this script because its themes were too similar to those of "Batman Forever."

The next draft, by Gregory Poirer, involved Brainiac creating a Doomsday with Kryptonite blood and a revived Superman who had to re-learn how to use his powers with the help of battle armor and a Kryptonian mental discipline. Kevin Smith, at the height of his mid-‘90s geek-culture stature, was then hired to rewrite this script. Naturally, Smith treated the material more reverently (relatively speaking, I suppose), giving the cast quippy dialogue and inserting a number of Easter eggs -- including a Batman cameo -- and using L-Ron from "Justice League International" as Brainiac's majordomo.

Smith recommended that Tim Burton direct, but Burton wanted Smith's draft rewritten by Wesley Strick. A script purporting to be by Strick recently surfaced online, and it was apparently more quippy. Even the normally serious Brainiac shared some witty banter with Lex Luthor (who was also in Smith's draft).

The big finish put the revived Superman in a super-suit, outfitted with gadgets like X-ray goggles and razor-sharp S-shield weapons. According to Smith (who has been telling "Superman Lives" stories for years), Peters was the main source of all the divergences, among other things wanting Superman to fight a giant spider-creature, ninjas, and polar bears.

In short, "collapsed under its own weight" is probably the best description of "Lives'" fate. Peters channeled the Superman movie's budget into 1999's remake of "Wild Wild West," which indeed featured a giant steampunk spider-bot. (Also, I think the polar bears made it into "Man of Steel.") It does help put things in perspective: although the past few years' worth of comics have put Supes through many changes, "Superman Lives" likely would have topped them all.

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN '02

Speaking of changes, a circa 2002 proposed Batman/Superman team-up movie to be directed by Wolfgang Petersen would have picked up well into our heroes' careers -- and in Batman's case, five years after he retired following the Joker's murder of Dick "Robin" Grayson (and the villain's own death).

While Clark Kent and Lois Lane would be getting a divorce, Bruce Wayne's impending marriage would end up sparking the World's Finest feud. The script, called only "Asylum," was written by Andrew Kevin Walker ("Se7en," "Sleepy Hollow") and revised by Akiva Goldsman, returning to the Bat-fold after having worked on the Joel Schumacher films.

All the finality in "Asylum" seemed at odds with the practical goal of relaunching a series of DC superhero movies. "Dawn of Justice's" Batman comes out of retirement to avenge a personal tragedy, but "Asylum" picks up even farther down the road, after both heroes have worked together significantly. Even "Asylum's" fights with Luthor and the Joker seem almost perfunctory against the radically changed landscape. Extended scenes with Lana Lang and detail o the villains' plot slow the film down, as well. It all sounds like a better capstone to an existing pair of series than the kickoff to a new set of films.

"Asylum" was competing for Warner Brothers' attention against solo Batman and Superman projects, namely Darren Aronofsky's "Batman: Year One" and JJ Abrams' "Superman: Flyby." Despite some casting attempts (including Christian Bale as a possible Superman), it never really got past the script stage.

WATCHMEN '88

The Quixotic drive to make a movie out of "Watchmen" began in 1986, when the original miniseries by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons was still being published. Producers Lawrence Gordon and Joel Silver hired "Batman" screenwriter Sam Hamm, whose first draft sought to convey the comics' particular sensibilities without being quite so literal. Hamm's script begins in 1976, where our heroes fail to stop a terrorist attack on the Statue of Liberty and end up being outlawed. From there it jumps ahead 10 years for a condensed version of the comic's conspiracy plot, complete with Rorschach going to prison and Dr. Manhattan -- who, in Silver's mind, would have been played by Arnold Schwarzenegger -- going to Mars. However, Hamm ended up changing the ending completely, with Veidt constructing a time machine to prevent Dr. Manhattan from ever existing. That would save the world, because anything had to be better than hurtling down the road to nuclear annihilation. Thus, Hamm's "Watchmen" ended on a cliffhanger, with Dr. Manhattan gone and Rorschach, Silk Spectre, and Nite Owl finding themselves in our world.

With Terry Gilliam attached to direct, this version of "Watchmen" might have been a lost opportunity for fans who felt that Zack Snyder's 2009 version was faithful to a fault. However, Gilliam eventually stated that "Watchmen" was "unfilmable," and Devin Faraci's concise summation of Hamm's script can be boiled down into one (rather unflattering) four-letter word.

The project bounced around between producers and studios until the early 2000s, when screenwriter David Hayter steered the project in direction closer to the source material. The final script was credited to Hayter and Alex Tse, and Gizmodo shared details from a couple of Hayter's drafts (and another unflattering evaluation of Hamm's).

After bouncing from studio to studio, going through a handful of prospective directors (including Hayter, Paul Greengrass and Darren Aronofsky), and flirting with the likes of Jude Law and Tom Cruise for Ozymandias, the production settled at Warner Bros. with director Zack Snyder, and the rest is history.

We'll look at those two solo projects and more, in Part 2 -- coming soon on CBR!

-

@punyparker

@zarius

@amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Casting Mad Libs

I would have liked to seen a Hobgoblin (Jude Law) and Venom (John Leguizamo) duet in a Spider-Man (Seann William Scott) film.

No Caption Provided

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically, Everyday kid being a everyday superhero with everyday problems and having everyday choices. So every run of mill Spiderman movie made for current times. Wish they'd do something new and breakout with the hero, I wish he was actually black at this point.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I'd be happy for this to be the suit, but i don't think so....

Although i think it will be somewhat around this.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is the suit then I don't understand why the design is so different for the sweatshirt.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2620  Edited By Jimishim12

I wish they ditched the skin tight suit for marvel u spidey, it's makes him a cartoon character thats jumped into a realistic Marvel setting, it's fine for other iterations and it's timeless but MCU is about exploiting more of a modern real world image.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The classic red & blue suit works best. Spider-Man is better known as an iconic comic book super hero, not an immature kiddies cartoon character.

The Marvel Universe is the world outside our window, so therefore the transition to a realistic MCU is not going to be a problem for skin tight costumed characters.

I don't see Iron Man and Black Widow running around in baggy costumes.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The classic red & blue suit works best. Spider-Man is better known as an iconic comic book super hero, not an immature kiddies cartoon character.

The Marvel Universe is the world outside our window, so therefore the transition to a realistic MCU is not going to be a problem for skin tight costumed characters.

His classic image contradicts his characterized personality as far as the mcu style depection would put him in, skintight leotard and cartoony eyes does not invoke maturity in a real life sense of style which what MCU personifies. Spider-Man always looks like a cartoon character when compared to his colleagues and coins the Peter Pan mantle quite well since Spidey looks corny and childish when classic styled in modern times.

Ironman and Black Widow look modernized and have sleaker more futuristic elements to therr modern look and look like real life superheroes in a retaliative sense, Cap looks updated compared to Spider-Man in a classic sense of fashion in the MCU, Spidey looks like a Silver Age DC character and has the fantasy look that carries on timelessly like Superman with red undies or Mickey Mouses underroos but thier iconically unrealistic, Spidey is more realistic than them and is based on the real world.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2623  Edited By magnetic_eye

@jimishim12 said:
    @magnetic_eye said:

His classic image contradicts his characterized personality as far as the mcu style depection would put him in, skintight leotard and cartoony eyes does not invoke maturity in a real life sense of style which what MCU personifies. Spider-Man always looks like a cartoon character when compared to his colleagues and coins the Peter Pan mantle quite well since Spidey looks corny and childish when classic styled in modern times.

Ironman and Black Widow look modernized and have sleaker more futuristic elements to therr modern look and look like real life superheroes in a retaliative sense, Cap looks updated compared to Spider-Man in a classic sense of fashion in the MCU, Spidey looks like a Silver Age DC character and has the fantasy look that carries on timelessly like Superman with red undies or Mickey Mouses underroos but thier iconically unrealistic, Spidey is more realistic than them and is based on the real world.

Nice try but Spider-Man's costume will be as realistic as possible when made by the film's costume designers and worn by Tom Holland.

So you don't like the original costume design that Steve Ditko came up with?

Did Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield look unrealistic and cartoony? Their costumes were updated and modernized, but the basic original design remained intact.

A super hero costume does not define a real life sense of style in a super hero movie. A good costume helps, but there is nothing wrong with Spider-Man's costume. It is not corny or childish.

Is Deadpool's costume corny and childish? Did you think that was an unrealistic super hero movie?

Is Vision's costume too colorful, too tight or cartoony? Did he not come across as realistic?

How about the movie "Watchmen" - were their costumes too colorful, too tight or cartoony?

Would you prefer a Stark / Wayne / Bond armor depiction? Would that be a better depiction for modern times?

What is the depiction that the MCU would put Spider-Man in? Wouldn't he be amongst other colorful super-heroes in skintight leotards? His classic image DOES NOT in any way, shape or form contradict his characterized personality.

If Spidey is more realistic than Superman & Mickey Mouse and is based on the real world, how can his costume not be? How are they unrealistic?

His costume personifies who Spider-Man is. I'm sure the costume designers will update it with modern types of stretch fabrics and textures, but there is no need to drastically change the design from it's most recognizable status.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys....is Spiderman going to take the bullet for Cap in Civil War? I mean, I don't think they wanna kill off Captain America this early on, we know he's goanna get shot. But its been hinted that the movie team wants their Spiderman to be kinda like Ultimate Spiderman, and we all know he took a bullet for Steve. So is Spidey going to kick Steve out of the way and get shot or do they have other plans to keep Captain America living?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2627  Edited By ItsaWorld
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elbarto17: I personally think she should play Black Cat.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2630  Edited By oldwasher

normally I feel like only redheads should play Mary Jane to be accurate to the comics but I actually wouldn't mind that

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Elbarto17: Wow, please let that be true, I love Chloe, I don´t know how she´d look with red hair, but I´m pretty sure she can pull it off, please let this be true.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elbarto17: 19? Well she definitley has the perfect young face to look 14-15 wich will be Peter Parker's age

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2633  Edited By Skyleat

normally I feel like only redheads should play Mary Jane to be accurate to the comics but I actually wouldn't mind that

No Caption Provided

She would be like this

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2634  Edited By oldwasher

@skyleat: they could definitely dye her hair if they really wanted to. And honestly I do think she is pretty attractive. But how well can she act?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2636  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

ZENDAYA JOINS "SPIDER-MAN" REBOOT IN LEADING ROLE

Zendaya will swing into Spidey's world in a key role.

Disney Channel star Zendaya has joined Sonyand Marvel Studios' co-produced "Spider-Man"film in a leading role. According to Deadline'sreport, she will play a character named Michelle opposite Tom Holland's Peter Parker.

Zendaya is known for her key roles in Disney Channel original series like "Shake It Up!" and "Zapped." She has also appeared in "K.C. Undercover" as well as Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" music video.

RELATED: Sony's "Venom" Taps Writer for New Film, Potential Franchise

The new "Spider-Man" film -- which doesn't yet have an official title -- will star Holland in the title role, following the character's introduction in Marvel Studios' "Captain America: Civil War," which opens on May 6. It's the latest take on the iconic Marvel Comics character which has seen two previous incarnations at Sony, first played by Tobey Maguire and then by Andrew Garfield.

Last February, Sony and Marvel announced a deal to share live-action rights to the character, which were previously solely under Sony's control. Jon Watts is set to direct the movie, with a screenplay by John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein.

Spider-Man is scheduled to swing back into theaters in his own feature film on July 7, 2017.

? Could they mean Michele Gonzales the once room mate of Peter

From ComicBookCast2

Loading Video...

-

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha So much for MJ being the leading supporting female character.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As usual, your pig-headed personal bias is blinding you to the obvious method to the madness here.

The movie is said to be pulling inspiration from the Ultimate comics as well as the Mary Jane books of the 2000s. The latter focused on MJ gradually bonding with Peter and ultimately pining for him while he got involved in relationships with other people. I think it's far more likely they'll want to build towards Peter and MJ as a couple over the course of these movies and provide obstacles for them along the way. Also MJ's absence gives the film makers an opportunity to properly depict the "Face it Tiger" scene at the end of one of those movies when she is finally introduced.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they are creating a new character for the movie, I don't know why they did not just cast her as an established character like Liz Allen or Betty Brant.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @jimishim12 said:

As usual, your pig-headed personal bias is blinding you to the obvious method to the madness here.

The movie is said to be pulling inspiration from the Ultimate comics as well as the Mary Jane books of the 2000s. The latter focused on MJ gradually bonding with Peter and ultimately pining for him while he got involved in relationships with other people. I think it's far more likely they'll want to build towards Peter and MJ as a couple over the course of these movies and provide obstacles for them along the way. Also MJ's absence gives the film makers an opportunity to properly depict the "Face it Tiger" scene at the end of one of those movies when she is finally introduced.

Thats nice, but what if you're wrong and she(like Gwen) gets glossed over for new supporting female/love interest and (like Gwen) gets all of Mary Jane's role? This movie will probably be yet another retelling of Spider-Man from with a new depiction of the story made from scratch and full of incorperated elements from not only 616 but ultimate and probably a brand new canon.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: Y know she would be a great Liz Allen. I mean she screams Liz. Maybe Michelle is a code name. When making the Avengers it was code names Group Hug. They enjoy keeping us in the dark about the Spidey stuff. They know we go nuts for it.

@zariusii: Just ignore him man. He's a troll. He trolls the whole Spider-Man forum. He loves to see us mad.

Avatar image for deactivated-59847e5816856
    deactivated-59847e5816856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking it might be Michele Gonzales. But who knows, they might go with that whole Liz Allan route. We'll just have to wait and see.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From ComicBookMovie.com

More Details On Zendaya's Role In Marvel And Sony's SPIDER-MAN Reboot

Tom Holland makes his debut as Spider-Man inCaptain America: Civil War before spinning off into his own solo film, set for release on 7.7.17. Singer/actress Zendaya has also joined the film.

Following today's announcement that singer/actress Zendaya (19) has joined Marvel and Sony's Spider-Man reboot starring Tom Holland (19), Variety has revealed new details about her role. Skepticism was the initial thought when it was revealed that Zendaya would play a character named "Michelle" but that just might be the case. According to Variety, Zendaya WILL NOT play a love interest for Tom Holland's Peter Parker nor will she be a lead character in the film. However, her character will play a big part in future installments.

An interesting development. If Zendaya's character is not a love interest in the initial film, could she become one in latter installments? Of all the Peter Parker love interests, we have yet to see Liz Allen, whom many Spider-Man fans believe Zendaya is playing. There's also the character, Michelle Gonzales, who has past romantic history with the web-slinger (perhaps the story is as simple as that).

-

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2644  Edited By kcomicfan

@itsaworld: I hope it is a code name but I doubt it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I'm convinced she's not a new film version of MJ, and the second article coming saying she's not a love interest, verifies it.If she's Gonzalez or whoever i'm cool, as long as she's not MJ.

Bring it on.
    She's a singer/actress.
    Whatever.

Welcome to the family.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope she's not Silk. Too many Spiders are running around in 616. I don't want that happening in the movie too.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope she's not Silk. Too many Spiders are running around in 616. I don't want that happening in the movie too.

I hope not too. I think she's a terrible character. I also don't think Kevin Feige will allow some of the recent nonsense from the print division to infiltrate the MCU. Didn't Marvel Studios distance themselves from their print division anyway? I thought I read an article some time ago where Kevin Feige makes that statement.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@clonesaga2099 said:

I hope not too. I think she's a terrible character. I also don't think Kevin Feige will allow some of the recent nonsense from the print division to infiltrate the MCU. Didn't Marvel Studios distance themselves from their print division anyway? I thought I read an article some time ago where Kevin Feige makes that statement.

Anything that was created after OMD should not be adapted fullstop lol

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye said:
    @clonesaga2099 said:

Anything that was created after OMD should not be adapted fullstop lol

lol, I absolutely agree 100%

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Comicbookmovie.com

RUMOR: 'Spider-Man' Will Feature Heavily In Tomorrow's CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Trailer

We have no real idea what to expect from tomorrow's new Captain America: Civil Wartrailer, but rumour has it that a certain wall-crawler will be getting a lot of screentime. Read on for details.

According to Latino-Review, tomorrow's Captain America: Civil War trailer will indeed feature an appearance from Spider-Man. While it's not clear whether he'll be suited up alongside Team Iron Man or if Marvel are just going to tease us with an appearance from Peter Parker, it definitely sounds like they have a plan in place to steal the spotlight from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. "What we’re missing is a third piece of messaging that is being called the “payoff” trailer internally. We’ve been told it it...heavily...features...Spider-Man." Sounds awesome, right?

It remains to be seen whether or not Spidey will appear of course, but it would make sense for Marvel to show him off at last in this trailer. After all, keeping him under wraps may get fans excited, but it's not going to bring more people to the theater if they know nothing about the wall-crawler being in the movie! What are you most excited to see in the trailer tomorrow? Sound off below.

-

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.