Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17240 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man (Marvel) Cinematic Universe Discussion

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By PunyParker

Here we can discuss anything involving Marvel's Spider-Man Plans!

Co-Mod : @ninjablade09

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
    war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ugh,How should we start? I guess I would just say I want J.K.Simmons back as Jameson.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Ugh,How should we start? I guess I would just say I want J.K.Simmons back as Jameson.

I second that.

I mean when Peter got that email from J.J.J. in AMS2, I can't be the only one who read "WRONG!!!" in Simmons' voice can I? xD

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Now that Stone is gone I'm a little worried about ASM3, I think the interaction between those two characters was one of the main things the movies had going for them and I'm not sure how they can replace her with MJ without MJ coming off as an interloper LOL

They're going to need to be very careful with their MJ casting.

ASM3 is going to probably end up mainly setting up Sinister Six and Venom I'd imagine.

I'm actually looking more forward to Amazing Spider-Man 4 at the moment, more of a wildcard, not as many obligations to franchising, new director wanting to prove himself etc etc, could be interesting.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: Personally I want to see the relationship between Peter and MJ being built slowly over the course of the next few movies. Having MJ introduced in ASM3 as Peter's new neighbor, similar to how she was going to be in ASM2, and see her try to reach out to Peter as a friend but is kept at arms-length as Peter feels he doesn't deserve to be happy out of guilt over Gwen's death. I can't see Peter getting over Gwen's death so quickly and starting a new relationship with someone else, not without Peter coming off as a jerk. I'd rather they start things out slow and build up their friendship and later on a possible romantic relationship.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By silent_bomber
    @war_killer said:

@silent_bomber: Personally I want to see the relationship between Peter and MJ being built slowly over the course of the next few movies. Having MJ introduced in ASM3 as Peter's new neighbor, similar to how she was going to be in ASM2, and see her try to reach out to Peter as a friend but is kept at arms-length as Peter feels he doesn't deserve to be happy out of guilt over Gwen's death. I can't see Peter getting over Gwen's death so quickly and starting a new relationship with someone else, not without Peter coming off as a jerk. I'd rather they start things out slow and build up their friendship and later on a possible romantic relationship.

It was mentioned in the other thread that he could meet and be friends with MJ while Black Cat is the non-serious love interest in ASM3, with him kind of knowing that him a Black Cat can't work out.

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clone Saga (preferably inspired by the Ultimate Universe version), which would bring back Gwen (albeit as a clone).

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@punyparker:

Personally I think Sony is looking at Spider-Man with little focus. Sony is playing things too close to Spider-Man's rogues gallery. He HAS other superheroes that are closely tied to him. The Slingers, a team that became superheroes because they were INSPIRED by Spider-Man, Alpha who gained powers BECAUSE of Spider-Man, Jackpot who is a superheroine who gained her powers from OsCorp and worked for them(Easy tie-in there), Arana/Spider-Girl who is a huge Spider-Man fangirl and when she got powers instantly put on her own costume and became a superheroine. Not to mention Silver Sable.

They need to broaden their view. The characters I listed would have GREAT chances at the movie treatment, if they'd give them the chance.

Also there are more Spider-Man villains they could use as villains for those characters in their movies. Hammerhead, Tombstone, Mr. Negative, Crime Master, The Hood, Silver Mane, all ripe for the picking. It's all there, they just need to step a little out of their comfort zone.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, Gwen's death taught Peter a valuable lesson. As Parker he can lose his everything, now being Spiderman is necessary in ever atoning for the death of Gwen. That said, MJ should be Peters best friend for 2 movies before they ever "fall in love". Otherwise it cheapens what he had with Gwen.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Personally I think Sony is looking at Spider-Man with little focus. Sony is playing things too close to Spider-Man's rogues gallery. He HAS other superheroes that are closely tied to him. The Slingers, a team that became superheroes because they were INSPIRED by Spider-Man, Alpha who gained powers BECAUSE of Spider-Man, Jackpot who is a superheroine who gained her powers from OsCorp and worked for them(Easy tie-in there), Arana/Spider-Girl who is a huge Spider-Man fangirl and when she got powers instantly put on her own costume and became a superheroine. Not to mention Silver Sable.

They need to broaden their view. The characters I listed would have GREAT chances at the movie treatment, if they'd give them the chance.

Also there are more Spider-Man villains they could use as villains for those characters in their movies. Hammerhead, Tombstone, Mr. Negative, Crime Master, The Hood, Silver Mane, all ripe for the picking. It's all there, they just need to step a little out of their comfort zone.

They're so focused on Spider-Man ,we haven't seen a Daily Bugle office yet......

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By silent_bomber

@punyparker:

Made this cheap picture in another thread LOL

There are a lot of Spider-Verse heroes, but at this stage I think there's pretty much zero chance of Sony giving them their own movies.

No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
    war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814 said:

I second that.

I mean when Peter got that email from J.J.J. in AMS2, I can't be the only one who read "WRONG!!!" in Simmons' voice can I? xD

Most likely not.

Regarding MJ,I wonder why I've never heard of some feminists criticized Raimi's Mary Jane.I mean her whole purpose of existence in those films is to be Parker's love interest and get kidnap so that Spidey could have the boss fight.And consider that Webb's Pete-Gwen relationship is one of few romance in superheroes film that doesn't feel forced(ahem Thor,Man of Steel)I hope they chose MJ right.

BTW,any thoughts on who would be the next villains?I mean ASM 3/4 villain,not the Sinister Six.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

BTW,any thoughts on who would be the next villains?I mean ASM 3/4 villain,not the Sinister Six.

Oh man, I don't know. Webb used Electro for visuals so I'm hoping he uses Mysterio who he has said he likes. Also the chance Norman might come back, or Harry breaking out of prison.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

JK can play JJJ again and Emma Stone should be recast as Mary Jane.

I'm willing to play dumb :D

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By silent_bomber
    @war_of_light_2814 said:
    Regarding MJ,I wonder why I've never heard of some feminists criticized Raimi's Mary Jane.I mean her whole purpose of existence in those films is to be Parker's love interest and get kidnap so that Spidey could have the boss fight.

They really neutered Mary Jane in general.

In the comics she was pretty strong, she would always put on a brave face, and when she was younger she fronted a lot.

No Caption Provided

In Raimi's movie's she is very indecisive and weak-willed, dependent, always screaming, never trying to get herself out of danger.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ninjablade09 said:

@war_of_light_2814 said:

Oh man, I don't know. Webb used Electro for visuals so I'm hoping he uses Mysterio who he has said he likes. Also the chance Norman might come back, or Harry breaking out of prison.

Kraven pl0x.

He'll prolly come off as super cheesy and campy, but idc. I wants him.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@war_of_light_2814 said:

Kraven pl0x.

He'll prolly come off as super cheesy and campy, but idc. I wants him.

I think Kraven could work as the Rhino type character for ASM3, overly campy for the sake of it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Kraven could work as the Rhino type character for ASM3, overly campy for the sake of it.

Kraven is an intelligent tactician.........

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: With good reason as Punisher belongs to Marvel again, as do Cloak and Dagger, Venom is actually happening, possibly Black Cat as well, and they confirmed no other Spider-Men. Now they said we won't see Ben Reilly, Miles Morales, or Miguel O'Hara as Spider-Man, but nothing says they won't go Scarlet Spider for any of them.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

Kraven is an intelligent tactician.........

I know, I'm talking about the way he talks, or they could use Ultimate Kraven, a TV show host.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PunyParker
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

I know, I'm talking about the way he talks

Again......."Kraven is an intelligent tactician"(!!!!) ........

I know, but he talk pretty campy, maybe Rhino wasn't the best example, Electro or Dafoe Goblin would be better. Serious but campy.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WebHead93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the talk is true about Andrew and Marc Webb leaving after ASM3, who do you guys think should replace?

I can see ASM3 being mainly goblin. Maybe Harry breaks out and becomes almost addicted to the goblin, becoming more deformed and maybe donning the purple hood with more greenish skin. Kraven is the secondary villian and reports to Harry about spidey's weaknesses. Ends with goblin fighting spidey in the black suit and Harry dies. After credits shows that Norman is still alive and is informed of his sons death which causes him to commision the sinister six.

Sin six starts with a build up and peter beats the six easily with the symbiote suit. He then finds uncle bens killer and nearly kills him, which causes him to discard the black suit (showing eddie bond with it for the venom movie). Peter fights the six again, beating kraven, rhino and black cat but ock, goblin and vulture overpower him and leave him for dead. Peter survives but gives up on being spiderman.

Venom movie shows eddie becoming an antihero and leads into ASM4 with Peter putting the suit back on after a few years due to venom handling crooks in a "not so nice" fashion. Peter gets back into the swing of things by beating Shocker and then goes after Venom.

Final battle results in Eddie being locked up with an after credits scene showing his cell mate is Cletus Kassidy.

What do you guys think?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PunyParker
    silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By silent_bomber

@smart_dork_dude said:

Now they said we won't see Ben Reilly, Miles Morales, or Miguel O'Hara as Spider-Man, but nothing says they won't go Scarlet Spider for any of them.

Nah, Sony aren't taking this Spider Cinematic-Verse thing seriously IMO, they'll probably just churn out Spider-Man & Venom sequels.

and that's only if the Spider-Man, Sinister Six and Venom movies manage to retain audience, which they may not.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@silent_bomber: And then if all that fails, and let's be honest Sinister Six has a STRONG chance of failing, they'll just reboot again or if it looks like it's hopeless turn it back over to Marvel.

Hey, that's what Fox did with Daredevil. Marvel made them an offer for Galactus and Silver Surfer, they had no plans for Daredevil and didn't have any confidence in another movie, so they chucked him back to Marvel, so it's not entirely implausible something similar could happen.

As for Sony not taking it seriously........... I'd say the fact they're taking a risk on a Sinister Six film is proof enough of them taking it seriously. I mean Venom? Fan favorite character, people know him, he can easily pull off his own movie.

Most of the Six could pull off a movie as far as that goes, but a Sinister Six movie? What would be the plot, the central conflict? The Six have only one major enemy they fight, Spider-Man. We're getting to see them in Amazing Spider-Man 4 I'm assuming so what? Two movies where they're taking on Spidey?

I GET the reasoning behind it, show them forming or something in their own movie, thus eliminating the need to show them forming in ASM4 and take up most of the movie. However I still feel they should try and flesh out the actual SUPERHEROES they have access to that are under the Spider-Man brand name. They need to take a cue from Marvel. Marvel is doing Guardians of The Galaxy. People will go see it because it was made by Marvel Studios, they know it's part of their universe, part of the MCU.

If Sony makes........ Let's say a Silver Sable movie. If they establish that this is taking place in their Spider-Man Universe people will most likely go see it.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the Six could pull off a movie as far as that goes, but a Sinister Six movie? What would be the plot, the central conflict? The Six have only one major enemy they fight, Spider-Man. We're getting to see them in Amazing Spider-Man 4 I'm assuming so what? Two movies where they're taking on Spidey?

They have each other too, in some stories Ock has blackmailed other members by threatening loved ones.

Though the "good guy" is usually Sandman, and he's not even going to be in this as far as I can see.

Other than Sandman there's Rhino, but I can't really see Giamatti Rhino being a sympathetic character at this point.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@war_of_light_2814 said:

I second that.

Most likely not.

Regarding MJ,I wonder why I've never heard of some feminists criticized Raimi's Mary Jane.I mean her whole purpose of existence in those films is to be Parker's love interest and get kidnap so that Spidey could have the boss fight.And consider that Webb's Pete-Gwen relationship is one of few romance in superheroes film that doesn't feel forced(ahem Thor,Man of Steel)I hope they chose MJ right.

I hated MJ in the original trilogy. She was so unlikable and cared only about herself. Why Peter constantly saved her I'll never understand...

But I do agree. I'm hoping that once they introduce her (which will most likely be ASM3) that they focus first on their friendship and slowly work towards the iconic relationship between the two. Peter and Gwen has chemistry and worked well together, so I'd like to see them build a similar chemistry between Peter and MJ before pairing them off in future installments.

As for the villain in ASM3, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Mysterio as the villain in a third installment.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814 said:
    @war_killer said:

@war_of_light_2814 said:

I second that.

Most likely not.

I hated MJ in the original trilogy. She was so unlikable and cared only about herself. Why Peter constantly saved her I'll never understand...

But I do agree. I'm hoping that once they introduce her (which will most likely be ASM3) that they focus first on their friendship and slowly work towards the iconic relationship between the two. Peter and Gwen has chemistry and worked well together, so I'd like to see them build a similar chemistry between Peter and MJ before pairing them off in future installments.

As for the villain in ASM3, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Mysterio as the villain in a third installment.

Funny thing is, I could imagine Raimi killing MJ at the end of his series and pair Peter up with Gwen as his true love.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By _Nexus_

Does anyone get the feeling Alistair Symthe may be turned into the Vulture? I know the Vulture is a completely different character but I don't think they intend to make him into the Spider Slayer they could set him up being seriously injured in 3 and donning the vulture wings to save his life or something.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

Does anyone get the feeling Alistair Symthe may be turned into the Vulture? I know the Vulture is a completely different character but I don't think they intend to make him into the Spider Slayer they could set him up being seriously injured in 3 and donning the vulture wings to save his life or something.

Honestly it's so random that I don't see any reason why they wouldn't just use the regular Vulture and simply have Smythe become the Spider-Slayer.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Spider-man is already ruined. I hope they return it back to Marvel after this is over.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I love AMS2 I hope AMS3 won't fail.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ascended

@ultrastarkiller: I wish Tobey was given a second chance to re-tell the Spider-man story as an actor in the way they are doing with The Amazing Spider-man. Had they done this in the beginning, the Spider-man film would've been the one of the best Spider-man films for decades.

I don't know why everyone likes Andrew so much. He just doesn't give me the "Spider-man" feeling. At least Tobey made me felt like I wanted to be Spider-man.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@ascended: I agree. Though I think Spiderman 3 is what people think of when they hear his name. Spiderman 2 is still the best Spiderman film ever lol.

I hated Andrew in the first AMS so much. It baffled me why anyone thought his Peter Parker who was a stuttering swaget was any good. His spiderman was ok but ehh. AMS2 changed my mind completely I admit (AMS was still trash). And you're right about the last part even today when I watched Tobey swing around I wish I was Spiderman.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ascended

@ultrastarkiller: Story-wise, Andrew's got it. But OVERALL, Tobey has an edge over Andrew in terms of who is the better portrayal of Spider-man. I only think of Tobey as the real Peter Parker (though I do ignore Spider-man 3 and don't blame him too much as long as his first two were good).

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: The way I look at it, Spiderman 3 is a parody of Superhero movies. Haha

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Think about it, if you combine Tobey and James Franco's acting to the current story-telling that is taking place in the TASM franchise, I have no doubts that the mark they'd leave would be unforgettable for at least another decade or two.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: I agree. Though I think Spiderman 3 is what people think of when they hear his name. Spiderman 2 is still the best Spiderman film ever lol.

I hated Andrew in the first AMS so much. It baffled me why anyone thought his Peter Parker who was a stuttering swaget was any good. His spiderman was ok but ehh. AMS2 changed my mind completely I admit (AMS was still trash). And you're right about the last part even today when I watched Tobey swing around I wish I was Spiderman.

I agree spiderman 2 is the best spidey movie. I hated both ASM and ASM2. but I do not blame Andrew. I think he did the best he could with the script he was given. I give ASM2 a C. I did love how they killed gwen, but if it wasn't for that scene it was pretty bad. some of the spidey scenes were cool/funny, but I hated harry, electro, aunt may.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think marc webb is a decent director, he made both of his spidey films fun but nothing astounding or great like say the winter soldier.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they do a clone saga get tobey maguire to play one of the clones.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THINK ABOUT THAT.......

The BEST thing about these movies is the Andrew-Emma chemistry.......
    Now that it's GONE......the bad/mediocre writing will seem even more.....

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ascended

Who else also feels that Marc Webbs didn't show any spider-sense tingling on Spider-man in the first film?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

Who else also feels that Marc Webbs didn't show any spider-sense tingling on Spider-man in the first film?

He understood that sh!t was going down on the bridge,while being in Gwen's roof.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.