Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By PunyParker

Check the vid.....the guy make some points there....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PunyParker

AAAAnd here is the commercial he was talking about...

mariioow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mariioow

Well then hopefully we're going to have team-ups. possible civil war, and everything. But I guess until Marvel, Disney or Sony says anything about this I won't bring my hopes up.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Superguy0009e

I really want to see Spiderman in the MCU, but if sony has their way, this won't happen soon.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

NO! IT WOULD BE WORSE THAN BATMAN & ROBIN! EVEN IGNORING HOW BAD ANDREW GARFIELD WAS AS SPIDER-MAN, THE IDEA OF SPIDER-MAN BEING ON THE AVENGERS WOULD RUIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS TROLLING!!!!!!! KEEP SPIDER-MAN AS IT'S OWN FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By muhabba

According to an interview with a Producer on "Avengers", they were going to have a little nod to ASM in the Avengers Movie. The Oscorp Building was supposed to be seen in the New York skyline during the battle with the aliens. Unfortunatly the Oscorp building hadn't been designed yet while they were making the alien fight scene. I wish I could find that interview, I just rewatched it last week.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

I think Spidey is an unofficial property of the MCU. Disney also owns Spider-Man merchandise rights, as well as his tv rights. It's only a matter of time before he'll be the Avengers's new recruit.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Sissel

Maybe in Avengers 3, he will have a cameo. But, I agree that bring in the official Avengers before Wolverine or the X-men.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JakeN7

@PunyParker said:

I guess that big rock thing from Skylanders Giants is going to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe too then...

@muhabba: I read that over the summer too. Go to about 5:10 on the first video the OP posted, he talks about it and mentions a couple links.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By judasnixon

I just want to see John Hodgman play Doc Ock.

No Caption Provided
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I think Spider-Man will most likely join the Avengers by the time Avenger 3 comes out, as I see someone (most likely Nick Fury) paying Peter a visit either at the end of ASM2 or ASM3 like the guy in the video mentioned. Personally, while they pretty much explained that Peter's parents were killed because Peter's dad refused to give his work on cross-species to Norman Osborn, out of fear of what might become of it, I do like the idea of having it be revealed that they were in actuality S.H.I.E.L.D. agents like in the comics who were spying on the Oscorp and Norman Osborn.

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sky-pirate

@Gambit1024 said:

I think Spidey is an unofficial property of the MCU. Disney also owns Spider-Man merchandise rights, as well as his tv rights. It's only a matter of time before he'll be the Avengers's new recruit.

Then he could appear on the upcoming SHIELD series (which is set in the MCU).

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

^ Unlikely. The people involved with that series have been repeatedly saying how there aren't any plans to introduce superheroes in it

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By Deranged Midget

Perhaps eventually, but not Garfield's incarnation of Spider-Man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PunyParker

@JakeN7 said:

@PunyParker said:

I guess that big rock thing from Skylanders Giants is going to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe too then...

@muhabba: I read that over the summer too. Go to about 5:10 on the first video the OP posted, he talks about it and mentions a couple links.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By JakeN7

@PunyParker:Glad you appreciate my humor ;)

Jokes aside, I was really just pointing out how I thought the guy in the video was reading waaaay too much into a Target commercial.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PunyParker

@JakeN7: Yeah that might be overwhelming but it has a few points....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker
    TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueMarvel

They are converting Garfields incarnation into the more classical one. The new suit is basically a dead giveaway. Why would you make such a drastic change to the suit? in what movie trilogy has that ever happened? The new suit looks SO much better fighting along side the avengers than the ASM1 suit.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PunyParker

@TrueMarvel said:

They are converting Garfields incarnation into the more classical one. The new suit is basically a dead giveaway. Why would you make such a drastic change to the suit? in what movie trilogy has that ever happened? The new suit looks SO much better fighting along side the avengers than the ASM1 suit.

So true!

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JonSmith

I will continue to wait for Josh Keaton to play a more experienced Spider-Man, if it's all the same to you.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PunyParker

What does the cover say,at the low-left corner?....SONY!......who has the movie-rights to Spider-Man?.....SONY!.....who is the main character of the movie?....IRONMAN!!.......who has the rights for Iron Man?....DYSNEY!!.......connect the dots people!!

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrueMarvel

@PunyParker said:

What does the cover say,at the low-left corner?....SONY!......who has the movie-rights to Spider-Man?.....SONY!.....who is the main character of the movie?....IRONMAN!!.......who has the rights for Iron Man?....DYSNEY!!.......connect the dots people!!

*Mind Blown*

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: WOW. Interesting. Now I think this Spider-man/Avengers would happen is if ASM2 is successful. Then Spider-man would probably be in Avengers 3 and maybe in the post credits scene for Avengers 2.

500TH POST!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By GC8

Man, that guy beats around the bush to state a bunch of the obvious.

The thing is these movie rights aren't held in perpetuity. Spider-Man will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe sooner or later, it's just a matter of time. At some point the licensing will expire and revert back to Marvel at which point Marvel/Disney is free to incorporate without restrictions.

(BTW, he's also wrong when he says "it's the first time in history that we've ever seen a crossover between two characters that are owned by different companies" - even if we limit ourselves just to films, it's happened many times before - Freddy vs. Jason and Aliens vs. Predator are just two examples, though in the second case they shared a distributor)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PunyParker

@Ninjablade09: Too many connections....they even changed the whole costume for the sequel,to fit in with the Avengers esthetic!! (classic)

For example...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: Eww Comicbookcast really don't like them. I've seen that video before and there right, but really if they wanted it wouldn't really take long to photo shop the Oscorp tower into the skyline of Avengers. It's clear Disney is the one being hard to work with because they are trying to see if ASM is successful. As they stated in the video Sony is going bankrupt. I've heard plenty of actors refuse to work with Disney/Marvel because they are hard to work with. Here's hoping that if there is a Fury cameo in ASM2 that ASM 3 wont have the same kind of corny style that the MCU has. And that there will be more that 3 ASM movies.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PunyParker

@Ninjablade09: Yeah,ok, but despite everything we will all be happy to see Spidey in the Avengers!....(i dont like em too....i just recently saw the vid....)

The OsCorp Tower gig was a real thing...they just run out of time....Avi arad said he want to see Spider-Man in Avengers,also Garfield was seen to walk out of some studios carrying a bunch of Avengers-Thanos comics...

True facts here!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: Ya who wouldn't be exited to see spider-man in avengers in would take the avenger's box office money and double maybe even triple it. And Ya the tower thing was a legitimate thing but I mean come on, it should on like take like 2 seconds to Photoshop it into the skyline people do it all the time. But hopefully they actually have reached a deal and maybe Spidey will be in Avengers 2 and his scenes will all be shot on closed set's so nobody can take set photos. Or they could build walls or just get better security. As much as I loved the ASM1 costume I cant wait to see the new one in some action. Cant wait for SDCC. First trailer should be shown around then like ASM1. Still cant believe Woodley is already done shooting.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PunyParker

@Ninjablade09: The tower thing wasnt so easy.....they needed the digital copy of it,and it would take time....a little time,but still.....it wasnt just "PS it and we're done!".

As for the Avengers 2,we will see set photos....thats for sure.....that where i dont want to see set pics,is from the possible appearance of S.L.Jackson in ASM 2.....i want it to be a surprise...(i want to scream like a girl when i see him in the movie.!!)

Yeah,cant wait for the trailer too....(i dont mind Woodley going off,so early.....leaves a lot of bread for the 3d!)

As you go to PAX,dont forget to visit the Marvel Heroes panel!! they will be there!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: Not going to PAX going to BCC. But if Fury will be in ASM2 it will be like Ironman1 where it was on a closed set and it would be a secret. I don't think I will follow Avengers 2 like I am following ASM2. I don't want spoilers and don't want to see set photos. SDCC panel if they have one, will definitely show footage.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PunyParker

@Ninjablade09 said:

@PunyParker: Not going to PAX going to BCC. But if Fury will be in ASM2 it will be like Ironman1 where it was on a closed set and it would be a secret. I don't think I will follow Avengers 2 like I am following ASM2. I don't want spoilers and don't want to see set photos. SDCC panel if they have one, will definitely show footage.

Yeah,definetelly, me too!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: I will watch one trailer. That's it no marketing, no nothing not even toys. I already am not going to enjoy Iron man 3 because the entire movie has just about been leaked and now that may happen to thor, cap, antman, and the avengers. So far wolverine and man of steel have had like no spoilers. hell wolverine's 1st trailer comes out next week.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By consolemaster001
    wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By wr3h

@ninjablade09 said:

@PunyParker: Not going to PAX going to BCC. But if Fury will be in ASM2it will be like Ironman1 where it was on a closed set and it would be a secret. I don't think I will follow Avengers 2 like I am following ASM2. I don't want spoilers and don't want to see set photos. SDCC panel if they have one, will definitely show footage.

IF THIS HAPPENS

I WILL GET EXCITED

100 TIMES OVER

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wr3h said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@PunyParker: Not going to PAX going to BCC. But if Fury will be in ASM2it will be like Ironman1 where it was on a closed set and it would be a secret. I don't think I will follow Avengers 2 like I am following ASM2. I don't want spoilers and don't want to see set photos. SDCC panel if they have one, will definitely show footage.

IF THIS HAPPENS

I WILL GET EXCITED

100 TIMES OVER

Who wouldn't.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wr3h
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ninjablade09

@wr3h: ............ and DC they'd be pissed.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@wr3h said:

@ninjablade09: DC would commit suicide. xD

If man of steel is succesful. DC would be ballin ! However i doN't think they can catch up to marvel at this rate

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wr3h: Or be like "BATMAN MOVIE REBOOT NOW!!!!!!"

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wr3h said:

@ninjablade09 said:

IF THIS HAPPENS

I WILL GET EXCITED

100 TIMES OVER

Who wouldn't.

That...

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wr3h: No. Everyone wants Spidey in Avengers.!

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By wr3h
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wr3h:@punyparker: Just had the craziest idea. What if instead of Spidey being only in the Avengers, What If?...... Spidey was also used to help a possible Daredevil reboot? Imagine the two of them fighting the Kingpin together. So then they don't have to rely on Tony Stark and Fury to connect movies, when they can just use Spidey.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wr3h

@ninjablade09 said:

@wr3h:@punyparker: Just had the craziest idea. What if instead of Spidey being only in the Avengers, What If?...... Spidey was also used to help a possible Daredevil reboot? Imagine the two of them fighting the Kingpin together. So then they don't have to rely on Tony Stark and Fury to connect movies, when they can just use Spidey.

Spidey was in X-Men

Legit proof here

Loading Video...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ninjablade09

@wr3h: Haha I've seen that. Love that Cyclopes goes after him. And is it me or does that guy in the Spidery suit sound like Garfield

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.