Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

From Comicbook.com

Venom Finds A New Host As Part Of Marvel NOW!

On Wednesday, Marvel Comics revealed their initial offering of titles launching or returning as part of the Marvel NOW! publishing initiative. Among those titles was a brand newVenom ongoing series from Mike Costa and artist Gerardo Sandoval, and it seems like that title is going to shake up the symbiote’s status quo in a major way.

If you haven’t been keeping up with Venom’s goings-on in recent years, here’s the rundown. After spending time attached to Mac Gargan, the original Scorpion, the symbiote came into the possession of the United States government and was bonded to Flash Thompson. Thompson was formerly Peter Parker’s high school bully and, ironically, Spider-Man’s biggest fan. Thompson enlisted in the U.S. Army and lost his legs during the Iraq War. The symbiote allowed him to walk again and, eventually, he joined up with the Guardians of the Galaxy and, in his most recent series, became a Space knight.

But all of that seems to be changing. The Guardians of the Galaxy are returning to Earth and it seems that the symbiote is using that opportunity to find a new host. But who is it? ComicBook.com reached out to Marvel for comment, and Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso replied with a tease.

“Venom is returning for an all-new series as part of Marvel NOW! But which Venom? Mike Costa and Gerardo Sandoval have some big ideas, and fans are going to lose it when they learn who’s wearing the symbiote,” Alonso said.

So who is in the new Venom? Fans will find out when Venom kicks off as part of Marvel NOW! this fall.

-

@amazingfantasy

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

NOOOOO!!!! :( Flash is my favorite Venom...

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16352  Edited By animehunter
    Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
    deactivated-59848080e4380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@animehunter said:

Personally I don't think I would see a problem with her wearing the symbiote, because, she would actually finally have her own book. At least for a while. And maybe due to the symbiote we would actually get to find out what's really going on in her head, because she wouldn't be able to hold things in.

No Caption Provided

That cover looks amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing Felicia with the symbiote in a solo series too.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like it might be Deadpool in the Venom suit

From Bleeding Cool

Scoop: Deadpool Gets Back In The Venom Costume In Back In Black Retcon Series From Marvel Comics

During the recent Secret Wars crossover, Marvel published the most excellent Deadpool’s Secret Secret Wars series in which we discovered that not only was Deadpool part of the original eighties event, but altered the personality of the Venom symbiotic suit before it met Spider-Man, got down and dirty with Rogue, but the Secret Wars toy shields into continuity, and then made everyone forget that he was there.

Well, someone seems to have remembered in Cullen Bunn and Salva Espin‘s Deadpool: Back In Blackcoming from Marvel Comics, and exclusively revealed here!

Because there was a time when Spider-Man was able to reject the Venom symbiotic… And before it met Eddie Brock. And had a fling between the two… With Deadpool again.

During 1984’s SECRET WARS, Deadpool was introduced to an alien symbiote who went on to become Spider-Man’s black costume and, eventually, Venom. OK, OK, maybe that really happened in DEADPOOL’S SECRET SECRET WARS. Point is, did you know that after Spider-Man rejected the costume…it went slinking back to Deadpool on the rebound? And they went on adventures together? You didn’t? Well, you will, now, thanks to this series by Cullen Bunn (The DEADPOOL KILLOGY) & Salva Espin (DEADPOOL & THE MERCS FOR MONEY)!

Who says we have enough Deadpool comics?

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16355  Edited By ItsaWorld

I thought that was another universe within secret wars. Ya know, like Renew Your Vows. None of that merged over to the main story. You're telling me that it did?!

...I used to like Deadpool but Marvel is now milking him dry.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16357  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter: Well, the Doctor Strange storyline in the newspaper strip has come to an end. Peter tells MJ about other mystical forces he and Strange have faced like Dormamu, but MJ soon changes the subject, as it's time to head home. Meanwhile, the last panel shows Jameson reacting in shock to something, the tease for the new arc beginning Monday is "Change Comes To The Daily Bugle"

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit

@amazingfantasy

@Elbarto17

@magnetic_eye

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 17th July 2016 – Rebirth Takes On Civil War II

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

Remember the first Civil War II crossover where all the crossover issues and series were lifted, some of them selling over 100,000 as a result, and transforming the way Marvel did events? Yeah, that’s not happening these days. In a week with more Civil War II crossovers than any other, only the central series does the business, and even it is chased down by DC Rebirthtitles and Nightwing. A closer week than usual…

• 1. Civil War II #3
    • 2. Nightwing Rebirth #1
    • 3. Flash #2
    • 4. Wonder Woman #2
    • 5. Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Rebirth #1
    • 6. Detective Comics #936
    • 7. Action Comics #959
    • 8. New Super Man #1
    • 9. Old Man Logan #8
    • 10. Deadpool #15

Thanks to the following retailers,

Who had this to say.

Stunned. We did not sell out of the new Civil War issue with the latest big “death”. Nightwing Rebirth 1 and the Flash 2 actually outsold it. Not nearly the numbers that the “death” of the Human Torch, Ultimate Spiderman, and more that were red hot sellers. Has everyone finally figured out that dead doesn’t mean much in comics?

Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn madness for back issues. The upcoming movie has people excited!

Half the books in the top ten this week passed the century mark and one was real close. People still coming in droves to pick up Rebirth, but Civil War II #3 crushed everything with one of the best “Death issues” i have read in a long time…which is probably due to Bendis not writing a comic involving teenagers.

Punisher on the up tick for back issues and obviously recent issues of Iron Man selling by the handful.

At last, Marvel had a title that outsold a Rebirth book in our store–but it was Marvel’s big event title, Civil War II #3, that managed to squeak by New Super Man #1 to take 7th place in our store’s sales this week (and it only beat the unproven New Super Man by two copies!). Marvel is spiraling towards irrelevance very quickly, and the mocking fan responses to what they saw in the Marvel NOW Preview seem to indicate that Marvel doesn’t have a clue as to what readers really want. I guess we can count on Marvel to churn out more match-to variants to try to prop up flagging sales…

A slight uptick in interest in Batman family titles–Robin, Nightwing, Batwoman, Batgirl–but otherwise a typical week for back issue sales.

Civil War II #3 took the top spot this week mainly because we held a midnight release party for it. DC won the majority of the top spots yet again this week (with last weeks rebirth titles outselling most of this week’s Marvel’s) and I do not see this changing anytime soon. Marvel’s plan for post Civil War is uninspiring and is actually confusing to customers (is Amazing Spider-Man and the X-Books cancelled… we don’t know). Which is the problem, DC partnered with the retailers and explained their game plan which as we can see is working where Marvel pretty much keeping us and the customers in the dark. I see dark days ahead for Marvel thankfully we have a stronger than ever DC, Image and Valiant to fill that void.

Even with Civil War II’s “major death”, Marvel couldn’t take the top spot. That went, suprisingly, to Nightwing Rebirth. Seems like there was a lot of pent up demand to see Dick Grayson back in his old Nightwing suit, and the customers who came in were VERY happy to see him back!

Civil War II did have a little more interest from our customers, but we didn’t have ANYONE come in off the street looking to snap it up for a collector’s item. Seems like not even the average joe cares about Marvel’s stunts anymore!

Indies saw Millarworld, Birthright, and Sabrina make the cut. I’m always surprised at how well Sabrina does, despite the insane delays on the book.

Lots of interest in the first two issues of Plutona thanks to the recent TV deal. Wonder if we’ll see any interest in the remaining issues…..

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16358  Edited By animehunter

I haven't seen the latest episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, but according to Wikipedia this is what happened in the episode - Season 4 Episode 15 - "The Symbiote Saga: Part 3".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ultimate_Spider-Man_episodes

The Carnage symbiote has reformed into giant size and has enveloped Midtown High. As Spider-Man, Agent Venom, and Harry Osborn in the American Son armor fight their way past the Mini-Carnages after getting Stan out of the building, they find that Mary Jane Watson has been transformed into the Carnage Queen as Morbius the Living Vampire and Crossbones plan to use the missiles confiscated by S.H.I.E.L.D. to send the Carnage Drones to every city in the world.

Note: Mary Jane becomes aware of Spider-Man, Agent Venom and American Son's identities as Peter Parker, Flash Thompson and Harry Osborn, respectively.

Next episode - "Return to the Spider-Verse: Part 1"

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Guess this went the way most of us predicted, still, good development on MJ's end

Over in the newspaper strip, it's revealed the Bugle has a new owner.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16360  Edited By animehunter

@animehunter said:

I haven't seen the latest episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, but according to Wikipedia this is what happened in the episode - Season 4 Episode 15 - "The Symbiote Saga: Part 3".

The Carnage symbiote has reformed into giant size and has enveloped Midtown High. As Spider-Man, Agent Venom, and Harry Osborn in the American Son armor fight their way past the Mini-Carnages after getting Stan out of the building, they find that Mary Jane Watson has been transformed into the Carnage Queen as Morbius the Living Vampire and Crossbones plan to use the missiles confiscated by S.H.I.E.L.D. to send the Carnage Drones to every city in the world.

Note: Mary Jane becomes aware of Spider-Man, Agent Venom and American Son's identities as Peter Parker, Flash Thompson and Harry Osborn, respectively.

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

It looks like MJ is still going to play a BIG part in a future episode(s) of season 4 (11 episodes to go), because although the Carnage Queen was defeated part of her is still within MJ.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://marvel.com/cards/347/spider-mandeadpool_the_big_bad/all

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

It looks like MJ is still going to play a BIG part in a future episode(s) of season 4 (11 episodes to go), because although the Carnage Queen was defeated part of her is still within MJ.

I also forgot to add

I do believe that this episode is the first instance of Mary Jane calling Peter "Tiger" in the entire series.

They also gave a big ship tease to the Peter and MJ at the end of the episode, and also showed Peter crying for MJ when he thought he lost her. Especially for a series that shied away from that for so long.

This is what someone said about it

One, I think it kind of shows that the attitude toward MJ has changed in the company slightly. Before they were downplaying any sort of romantic entanglement between the pair, and just setting them us as "friends." If not even having her appear in the show at all. Now they not only bring her back, but they set the character up for something more, maker her out to be a hero, and ship tease her with Peter. It's not a big move, mind you, and I'd prefer her to have a bigger share of the spotlight, but it is a good step in the right direction.

And two, the Marvel shows aren't really big on romance. These are shows directed squarely at boys, and thus any sort of romantic entanglement between mean and women are ignored outright. So to have Peter and MJ gaze longingly at each other, and have MJ call Peter "Tiger?" Well, it may be minor, but for these shows that was probably a massive step away from their comfort zone

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: In the newspaper strip, we learn the reason the Bugle's in the hands of a new owner is due to the death of Ruth Jameson, Jonah's cousin, the Bugle is owned by the Jameson family trust, but in this continuity, only two members of Jonah's family were left, himself and Ruth, and now she's gone.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16364  Edited By animehunter
    Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elbarto17: are you going to review the new renew your vows series when that comes out?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Yeah I just read that today. So because she died the company goes to someone else? Or is it implying that perhaps she had next of kin? I have no clue how a Family Trust works

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Yeah I just read that today. So because she died the company goes to someone else? Or is it implying that perhaps she had next of kin? I have no clue how a Family Trust works

According to today's strip, the next of kin that's inherited the Bugle is Ruth's husband.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that was another universe within secret wars. Ya know, like Renew Your Vows. None of that merged over to the main story. You're telling me that it did?!

...I used to like Deadpool but Marvel is now milking him dry.

Remember when Wolverine used to me Marvel's cash cow? Along with the X-Men. I wonder what Marvel will become once Joe Quesada and Axel Alfonzo are gone from the company?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16371  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@riscrit

@amazingfantasy

@magnetic_eye

@blackspidey2099

@Elbarto17

Marvel’s October 2016 Solicits Before San Diego Comic Con Announcements, As Astonishing Ant-Man Is Cancelled

Marvel Comics has instructed Diamond Comic Distributors to hold off on revealing their October solicitations until after San Diego Comic Con. At least most of them. But we do know the names. The issue numbers. The prices. And plenty of the credits…

We also have confirmed cancellation of The Astonishing Ant-Man. And a big launch on Champions, with every book almost getting a Champions variant, Party launches in comic stores, giveaways, many covers, and a classic series, Champions: No Time For Losers with work by Tony Isabella, Bill Mantlo,Don Heck & and more.

And yes there are still X-Men comic books. All the Marvel NOW titles get a NOW at the beginning of their title. And there are a few new unnanounced titles as well…

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5)

$4.99

MARVEL PREVIEWS #15 OCTOBER 2016 EXTRAS

$1.25

Each issue of Marvel Previews is a comic book-sized, 120-page, full-color guide and preview to all of Marvel’s upcoming releases – it’s your #1 source for advanced information on Marvel Comics! This October issue features items scheduled to ship in December 2016 and beyond.

In Shops: Sep 28, 2016

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7)

$5.99

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) David Marquez (CA) Marko Djurdjevic

NOW BLACK PANTHER #7

$3.99

(W) Ta-Nehisi Coates (A) Chris Sprouse (CA) Brian Stelfreeze

NOW BLACK WIDOW #7

$3.99

(W) Chris Samnee, Mark Waid (A/CA) Chris Samnee

NOW CAGE #1 (OF 4)

$3.99

(W/A/CA) Genndy Tartakovsky

NOW CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #14

$3.99

(W) Nick Spencer (A/CA) Daniel Acuña

NOW CHAMPIONS #1

$4.99

(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Humberto Ramos

NOW DEADPOOL #21

$9.99

NOW DEADPOOL AND MERCS FOR MONEY #4

$3.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Iban Coello

NOW DOCTOR STRANGE #12 (RES)

$3.99

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Chris Bachalo

NOW DOCTOR STRANGE #13

$3.99

NOW DOCTOR STRANGE SORCERERS SUPREME #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW GWENPOOL #7

$3.99

(W) Christopher Hastings (A) Gurihiru (CA) Stacey Lee

NOW INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW JESSICA JONES #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW MOSAIC #1

$4.99

TBA

NOW MS MARVEL #12

$4.99

(W) G. Willow Wilson (A) Takeshi Miyagawa, Adrian Alphona (CA) Cameron Stewart

NOW PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT #11

$3.99

(W) Kate Leth (A/CA) Brittney Williams

NOW PROWLER #1 CC

$3.99

TBA

NOW SOLO #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW UNCANNY AVENGERS #15

$3.99(W) Gerry Duggan (A/CA) Ryan Stegman

NOW UNCANNY INHUMANS #15

$3.99

(W) Charles Soule (A) Carlos Pacheco (CA) Ryan Stegman

A YEAR OF MARVELS UNBEATABLE #1

$4.99

(W) Chad Bowers & Various (A) Brian Level (CA) Jamal Campbell

A-FORCE #10

$3.99

(W) Kelly Thompson (A/CA) Paulo Siqueira

AGENTS OF SHIELD #10

$3.99

(W) Marc Guggenheim (A) German Peralta (CA) Mike Norton

ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS #15

$3.99

(W) Mark Waid (A) Adam Kubert (CA) Alex Ross

ALL NEW WOLVERINE #13

$3.99

(W) Tom Taylor (A) Ig Guara (CA) Bengal

ALL NEW X-MEN #14

$3.99

(W) Dennis Hopeless (A/CA) Mark Bagley

ALPHA FLIGHT BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC

$100.00

(W/A) Various (CA) John Byrne

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19 BDNM

$4.99

(W) Dan Slott (A) Giuseppe Camuncoli, Javi Garron (CA) Alex Ross

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20 CC

$3.99

(W) Dan Slott (A) Giuseppe Camuncoli (CA) Alex Ross

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN WORLDWIDE TP VOL 03

$17.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Alex Ross

ASTONISHING ANT-MAN #13

$3.99

(W) Nick Spencer (A) Ramon Rosanas (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION TP ONCE AN AVENGER

$39.99

(W) Siyeon Park, Jieun Park (A) Various (CA) Woo Bin Choi

AVENGERS K TP BOOK 03 AVENGERS DISASSEMBLED

$24.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Woo Bin Choi

BLACK WIDOW TP VOL 01 SHIELDS MOST WANTED

$17.99

(W) Mark Waid, Chris Samnee (A/CA) Chris Samnee

CAGE #1 BY TARTAKOVSKY POSTER

$8.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA TP WHITE

$24.99

(W) Jeph Loeb (A) Tim Sale (CA) Sale

CAPTAIN BRITAIN TP LEGACY OF LEGEND

$24.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Alan Davis

CAPTAIN MARVEL #10

$3.99

(W) Ruth Gage, Christos Gage (A/CA) Kris Anka

CAPTAIN MARVEL BY JIM STARLIN TP COMPLETE COLLECTION

$34.99

(W) Jim Starlin, Various (A/CA) Jim Starlin

CARNAGE #13

$3.99

(W) Gerry Conway (A) Mike Perkins (CA) Michael Walsh

CARNAGE TP VOL 02 WORLD TOUR

$17.99

(W) Gerry Conway (A) Mike Perkins (CA) Mike Del Mundo

CHAMPIONS NO TIME FOR LOSERS #1

(W) Tony Isabella, Bill Mantlo (A) Don Heck & Various (CA) TBD

$7.99

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7) GI B&W VIRGIN CONNECTING H VAR

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7) MICHAEL CHO VAR

$5.99

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7) STERANKO CAPTAIN AMERICA B&W VAR

$5.99

CIVIL WAR II AMAZING SPIDER-MAN TP

$15.99

(W) Christos Gage, Dan Slott (A) Travel Foreman, Giuseppe Camuncoli (CA) Khary Randolph

CIVIL WAR II CHOOSING SIDES TP

$19.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Jim Cheung

CIVIL WAR II GODS OF WAR TP

$15.99

(W) Dan Abnett, Stan Lee (A) Emilio Laiso, Jack Kirby (CA) Jay Anacleto

CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN #4 (OF 4)

$3.99

(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A) Ricardo Lopez Ortiz (CA) Aaron Kuder

CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN #4 (OF 4) BAKER VAR

$3.99

CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN TP

$15.99

(W) Matthew Rosenberg, Stan Lee (A) Ricardo Lopez Ortiz, John Romita (CA) Aaron Kuder

CIVIL WAR II OATH #1

$4.99

Revealed after SDCC 2016.

CIVIL WAR II OATH #1 VAR

$4.99

TBA

CIVIL WAR II ULYSSES #3 (OF 3)

$4.99

(W) Al Ewing (A) Jefte Palo (CA) Francesco Francavilla

CIVIL WAR II ULYSSES #3 (OF 3) WALKER VAR

$4.99

CIVIL WAR II X-MEN TP

$15.99

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5) BAGLEY VAR

$4.99

TBA

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5) LOZANO TEASER VAR

$4.99

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 BY DELLOTTO POSTER

$8.99

CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS TP VOL 02 FINAL FIGHT

$15.99

W/A) Various (CA) Paco Medina

DAREDEVIL #12

$3.99

(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Ron Garney

DAREDEVIL OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 KIRBY DM VAR ED

$125.00

(W) Stan Lee & Various (A) Various (CA) Alex Ross

DAREDEVIL OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 ROSS CVR

$125.00

DARK TOWER DRAWING OF THREE SAILOR #1 (OF 5) (MR)

$3.99

TBA

DEADPOOL #20

$3.99

(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Mike Hawthorne (CA) Rafael Albuquerque

DEADPOOL #20 KOBLISH VAR

$3.99

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #1 (OF 5)

$3.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Salva Espin

During 1984’s SECRET WARS, Deadpool was introduced to an alien symbiote who went on to become Spider-Man’s black costume and, eventually, Venom. OK, OK, maybe that really happened in DEADPOOL’S SECRET SECRET WARS. Point is, did you know that after Spider-Man rejected the costume…it went slinking back to Deadpool on the rebound? And they went on adventures together? You didn’t? Well, you will, now, thanks to this series by Cullen Bunn (The DEADPOOL KILLOGY) & Salva Espin (DEADPOOL & THE MERCS FOR MONEY)!

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #1 (OF 5) LIM VAR

$3.99

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #2 (OF 5)

$3.99

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #2 (OF 5) LIM VAR

$3.99

DEADPOOL TOO SOON #1 (OF 4)

$4.99

DEADPOOL TOO SOON #1 (OF 4) VAR

$4.99

DEADPOOL V GAMBIT TP V IS FOR VS

$16.99

(W) Ben Acker, Ben Blacker (A) Danillo Beyruth, Kevin Wada

DEADPOOL WORLDS GREATEST TP VOL 04 TEMPORARY INSANITATION

$15.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Francisco Herrera

DEATH OF X #1 (OF 4)

$4.99

TBA

DEATH OF X #1 (OF 4) CLASSIC VAR

$4.99

DEATH OF X #1 (OF 4) CONNECTING A VAR

$4.99

DEATH OF X #2 (OF 4)

$3.99

TBA

DEATH OF X #2 (OF 4) CLASSIC VAR

$3.99

DEATH OF X #2 (OF 4) CONNECTING B VAR

$3.99

DOCTOR STRANGE MYSTIC APPRENTICE #1

$3.99

TBA

DOCTOR STRANGE MYSTIC APPRENTICE #1 LIM VAR

$3.99

TBA

DOCTOR STRANGE MYSTIC APPRENTICE #1 WARD VAR

$3.99

TBA

DOCTOR STRANGE TP WHAT IS IT THAT DISTURBS YOU STEPHEN

$29.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Dave Cockrum

DRAX TP VOL 02 CHILDRENS CRUSADE

$17.99

(W) Cm Punk, Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Scott Hepburn

EMPRESS #7 (OF 7)

$5.99

(W) Mark Millar (A/CA) Stuart Immonen

EMPRESS #7 (OF 7) IMMONEN VAR

$5.99

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 (OF 5)

$3.99

Jon Adams and Horatio Domingues, with covers by Brian Kesinger

Welcome to the Enchanted Tiki Room, a place of legend…of fantasy…and mystery. Here—on an isolated island populated by talking (and singing) birds and plants and ancient Tiki gods–almost anything can happen and does. As the next boat arrives with new visitors, what stories will unfold, what mysteries will be revealed and how are they all connected? Summer ain’t over yet, so grab your flip-flops, pop open your beach chair, and book your vacation with the latest Disney Kingdoms series!

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 (OF 5) CHRISTOPHER ACTION FIGURE VAR

$3.99

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 (OF 5) GRANDT CONNECTING VAR

$3.99

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 BY DOMINGUES POSTER

$8.99

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #15

$3.99

(W) Jeff Lemire (A) Victor Ibanez (CA) Humberto Ramos

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1 BY ALLRED POSTER

$8.99

GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #13

$3.99

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Arthur Adams

GUARDIANS OF GALAXY PREM HC VOL 02 NEW GUARD WANTED

$24.99

GUIDEBOOK TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE – MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. SEASON TWO/MARVEL’S AGENT CARTER SEASON ONE #1

$3.99

Mike O’Sullivan, The Ohotmu (A) Various (CA) Marcos Martin

HOWARD THE DUCK TP VOL 02 GOOD NIGHT GOOD DUCK

$15.99

(W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Kevin Maguire, Joe Quinones (CA) Joe Quinones

HYPERION TP DADDY ISSUES

$17.99

(W) Chuck Wendig, Ario Anindito (A) Nicole Virella (CA) Emanuela Lupacchino

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #14

$3.99

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Mike Deodato

JESSICA JONES #1 BY MACK POSTER

$8.99

MAN THING BY STEVE GERBER COMPLETE COLL TP VOL 02

$34.99

(W) Steve Gerber (A) Various (CA) Mike Ploog

MARVEL A POSTER

$8.99

24″ x 36″

MARVEL B POSTER

$8.99

MARVEL C POSTER

$8.99

MARVEL D POSTER

$8.99

MARVEL NOW SHATTERED CLING

$3.00

MARVEL TSUM TSUM #3 (OF 4)

$3.99

(W) Jacob Chabot (A) David Baldeon (CA) Chris Samnee

MARVEL TSUM TSUM #3 (OF 4) CLASSIFIED CONNECTING C VAR

$3.99

MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ULTRON REVOLUTION #4

$2.99

(W) Joe Caramagna (A/CA) Various

MARVEL UNIVERSE GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #13

$2.99

(W) Joe Caramagna (A/CA) TBD

MARVEL UNIVERSE GUARDIANS OF GALAXY DIGEST TP VOL 03

$9.99

MARVEL UNIVERSE ULT SPIDER-MAN VS SINISTER SIX #4

$2.99

MARVELS DOCTOR STRANGE ART OF MOVIE SLIPCASE HC

$50.00

(W) Jacob Johnson (A/CA) Various

MAX RIDE FINAL FLIGHT #2 (OF 5)

$3.99

(W) Jody Houser (A) Marco Failla (CA) David Nakayama

MIGHTY THOR #12

$3.99

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

MIGHTY THOR PREM HC VOL 02 LORDS OF MIDGARD

$24.99

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Rafa Garres, Russell Dauterman (CA) Russell Dauterman

MMW UNCANNY X-MEN HC VOL 10

$100.00

(W) Chris Claremont (A) Various (CA) John Romita

MMW UNCANNY X-MEN HC VOL 10 DM VAR ED 241

$100.00

MOCKINGBIRD #8

$3.99

(W) Chelsea Cain (A) Kate Niemczyk (CA) Joëlle Jones

MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #12

$3.99

(W) Amy Reeder, Brandon Montclare (A) Natacha Bustos (CA) Amy Reeder

MOON KNIGHT #7

$3.99

(W) Jeff Lemire (A/CA) Greg Smallwood

NEW AVENGERS #17

$3.99

(W) Al Ewing (A) Paco Medina (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

NEW AVENGERS AIM TP VOL 03 CIVIL WAR II

$15.99

(W) Al Ewing (A) Gerardo Sandoval, Paco Medina (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

NIGHTHAWK #6

$3.99

(W) David Walker (A) Ramon Villalobos (CA) Bill Sienkiewicz, Denys Cowan

NOW BLACK PANTHER #7 COSPLAY VAR

$3.99

NOW BLACK PANTHER #7 RIBIC CONNECTING C VAR

$3.99

NOW DEADPOOL #21 KOBLISH VAR

$9.99

(W) Gerry Duggan (A/CA) Scott Koblish

NOW JESSICA JONES #1 AJA VAR

$3.99

OLD MAN LOGAN #12

$3.99

(W) Jeff Lemire (A/CA) Andrea Sorrentino

POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #9

$3.99

(W) David Walker (A) Flaviano, Sanford Greene (CA) Sanford Greene

POWERS #8 (MR)

$3.99

TBA

PUNISHER #6

$3.99

(W) Becky Cloonan (A) Steve Dillon (CA) Declan Shalvey

PUNISHER ANNUAL #1

$4.99

TBA

PUNISHER ANNUAL #1 A VAR

$4.99

TBA

PUNISHER ANNUAL #1 B VAR

$4.99

TBA

ROCKET RACCOON AND GROOT TP VOL 02

$15.99

(W) Nick Kocher (A) Michael Walsh (CA) David Lopez

RUNAWAYS TP VOL 01 PRIDE AND JOY NEW PTG

$14.99

(W) Brian K. Vaughan (A/CA) Adrian Alphona

SCARLET WITCH #11

$3.99

(W) James Robinson (A) Kei Zama (CA) David Aja

SILK #13

$3.99

(W) Robbie Thompson (A) Tana Ford (CA) Helen Chen

SPIDER-GWEN #13

$3.99

(W) Jason Latour (A/CA) Robbi Rodriguez

SPIDER-GWEN HC VOL 01

$34.99

(W) Jason Latour (A) Robbi Rodriguez, Chris Visions (CA) Robbi Rodriguez

SPIDER-MAN #9

$3.99

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) Nico Leon (CA) Sara Pichelli

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #16

$3.99

(W) Peter David (A) Will Sliney (CA) Francesco Mattina

SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #10

$3.99

(W) Joe Kelly (A/CA) Ed McGuinness

SPIDER-WOMAN #12

$3.99

(W) Dennis Hopeless (A/CA) Robbi Rodriguez

SPIDEY #11

$3.99

(W) Robert P. Thompson (A) Nathan Stockman (CA) Khary Randolph

SQUADRON SUPREME #12

$3.99

(W) James Robinson (A) Leonard Kirk (CA) Alex Garner

SQUADRON SUPREME TP VOL 02 CIVIL WAR II

$15.99

(W) James Robinson (A) Various (CA) Alex Garner

STAR WARS #24

$3.99

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Jorge Molina (CA) Mike Deodato

STAR WARS DARTH VADER HC VOL 02

$39.99

(W) Kieron Gillen, Jason Aaron (A) Mike Deodato & Various (CA) Kaare Andrews

STAR WARS EPISODE III HC REVENGE OF SITH

$24.99

(W) Chris Cerasi (A) Doug Wheatley (CA) Mike Mayhew

STAR WARS FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION #5 (OF 6)

$3.99

(W) Chuck Wendig (A) Luke Ross (CA) Mike Del Mundo

STAR WARS FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION HC

$24.99

(W) Chuck Wendig (A) Luke Ross (CA) Phil Noto

STAR WARS HAN SOLO #5 (OF 5)

$3.99

(W) Marjorie M. Liu (A) Mark Brooks (CA) Olivier Coipel

STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLL ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS TP VOL 01

$39.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Carmine Infantino

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #7

$3.99

(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Phil Noto

STAR WARS POE DAMERON TP VOL 01 BLACK SQUADRON

$19.99

(W) Charles Soule, Chris Eliopoulos (A) Phil Noto, Chris Eliopoulos (CA) Phil Noto

THOR EPIC COLLECTION TP WHEN TITANS CLASH

$39.99

(W) Stan Lee (A/CA) Jack Kirby

THUNDERBOLTS #6

$3.99

(W) Jim Zub (A/CA) Jon Malin

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #12

$3.99

(W) Greg Pak (A) Mike Del Mundo (CA) Terry Dodson

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK TP VOL 02 CIVIL WAR II

$17.99

(W) Greg Pak (A) Alan Davis, Mike Del Mundo (CA) Alan Davis

ULTIMATES #12

$3.99

(W) Al Ewing (A/CA) Kenneth Rocafort

UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #13

$3.99

(W) Ryan North (A/CA) Erica Henderson

UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL TP VOL 04 KISSED SQUIRREL LIKED IT

$15.99

UNBELIEVABLE GWENPOOL TP VOL 01 BELIEVE IT

$16.99

(W) Christopher Hastings (A) Danillo Beyruth, Gurihiru (CA) Gurihiru

UNCANNY X-MEN #14

$3.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Greg Land

UNCANNY X-MEN SUPERIOR TP VOL 02 APOCALYPSE WARS

$15.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Ken Lashley, Paco Medina (CA) Greg Land

VENOM SPACE KNIGHT #13

$3.99

(W) Robbie Thompson (A) Gerardo Sandoval (CA) Zach Howard

VENOM SPACE KNIGHT TP VOL 02 ENEMIES AND ALLIES

$19.99

(W) Robbie Thompson (A) Various (CA) Zach Howard

VISION #12

$3.99

(W) Tom King (A) Gabriel Hernandez Walta (CA) Mike Del Mundo

WAR OF KINGS AFTERMATH ROAD TO WAR OF KINGS OMNIBUS HC

$125.00

(W) Dan Abnett & Various (A) Various (CA) Alex Garner

WOLVERINE OLD MAN LOGAN HC NEW PTG

$34.99

(W) Mark Millar (A/CA) Steve McNiven

X-MEN 92 #8

$3.99

(W) Chris Sims, Chad Bowers (A) Alti Firmansyah (CA) David Nakayama

X-MEN 92 TP VOL 01 WORLD IS A VAMPIRE

$15.99

(W) Chad Bowers, Chris Sims (A) Alti Firmansyah, Cory Hamscher (CA) David Nakayama

X-MEN GAMBIT AND WOLVERINE TP NEW PTG

$15.99

(W) Jeph Loeb (A/CA) Tim Sale

X-MEN TP BISHOPS CROSSING

$34.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Whilce Portacio

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16372  Edited By magnetic_eye

@animehunter:

RE: Joe Jusko artwork - simply amazing! Love the mature looking Peter Parker / Spider-Man. Too bad mature sophisticated stories have been missing from ASM for far too long. ?

Brilliant artwork all round but other than Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, Captain America & Thor and Hulk were real stand outs for me.

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@animehunter

@riscrit

@amazingfantasy

@magnetic_eye

@blackspidey2099

@Elbarto17

Marvel’s October 2016 Solicits Before San Diego Comic Con Announcements, As Astonishing Ant-Man Is Cancelled

Marvel Comics has instructed Diamond Comic Distributors to hold off on revealing their October solicitations until after San Diego Comic Con. At least most of them. But we do know the names. The issue numbers. The prices. And plenty of the credits…

We also have confirmed cancellation of The Astonishing Ant-Man. And a big launch on Champions, with every book almost getting a Champions variant, Party launches in comic stores, giveaways, many covers, and a classic series, Champions: No Time For Losers with work by Tony Isabella, Bill Mantlo,Don Heck & and more.

And yes there are still X-Men comic books. All the Marvel NOW titles get a NOW at the beginning of their title. And there are a few new unnanounced titles as well…

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5)

$4.99

MARVEL PREVIEWS #15 OCTOBER 2016 EXTRAS

$1.25

Each issue of Marvel Previews is a comic book-sized, 120-page, full-color guide and preview to all of Marvel’s upcoming releases – it’s your #1 source for advanced information on Marvel Comics! This October issue features items scheduled to ship in December 2016 and beyond.

In Shops: Sep 28, 2016

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7)

$5.99

NOW BLACK PANTHER #7

$3.99

(W) Ta-Nehisi Coates (A) Chris Sprouse (CA) Brian Stelfreeze

NOW BLACK WIDOW #7

$3.99

(W) Chris Samnee, Mark Waid (A/CA) Chris Samnee

NOW CAGE #1 (OF 4)

$3.99

(W/A/CA) Genndy Tartakovsky

NOW CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #14

$3.99

(W) Nick Spencer (A/CA) Daniel Acuña

NOW CHAMPIONS #1

$4.99

(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Humberto Ramos

NOW DEADPOOL #21

$9.99

NOW DEADPOOL AND MERCS FOR MONEY #4

$3.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Iban Coello

NOW DOCTOR STRANGE #12 (RES)

$3.99

NOW DOCTOR STRANGE #13

$3.99

NOW DOCTOR STRANGE SORCERERS SUPREME #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW GWENPOOL #7

$3.99

(W) Christopher Hastings (A) Gurihiru (CA) Stacey Lee

NOW INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW JESSICA JONES #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW MOSAIC #1

$4.99

TBA

NOW MS MARVEL #12

$4.99

(W) G. Willow Wilson (A) Takeshi Miyagawa, Adrian Alphona (CA) Cameron Stewart

NOW PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT #11

$3.99

(W) Kate Leth (A/CA) Brittney Williams

NOW PROWLER #1 CC

$3.99

TBA

NOW SOLO #1

$3.99

TBA

NOW UNCANNY AVENGERS #15

$3.99(W) Gerry Duggan (A/CA) Ryan Stegman

NOW UNCANNY INHUMANS #15

$3.99

(W) Charles Soule (A) Carlos Pacheco (CA) Ryan Stegman

A YEAR OF MARVELS UNBEATABLE #1

$4.99

(W) Chad Bowers & Various (A) Brian Level (CA) Jamal Campbell

A-FORCE #10

$3.99

(W) Kelly Thompson (A/CA) Paulo Siqueira

AGENTS OF SHIELD #10

$3.99

(W) Marc Guggenheim (A) German Peralta (CA) Mike Norton

ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS #15

$3.99

(W) Mark Waid (A) Adam Kubert (CA) Alex Ross

ALL NEW WOLVERINE #13

$3.99

(W) Tom Taylor (A) Ig Guara (CA) Bengal

ALL NEW X-MEN #14

$3.99

(W) Dennis Hopeless (A/CA) Mark Bagley

ALPHA FLIGHT BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC

$100.00

(W/A) Various (CA) John Byrne

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19 BDNM

$4.99

(W) Dan Slott (A) Giuseppe Camuncoli, Javi Garron (CA) Alex Ross

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20 CC

$3.99

(W) Dan Slott (A) Giuseppe Camuncoli (CA) Alex Ross

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN WORLDWIDE TP VOL 03

$17.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Alex Ross

ASTONISHING ANT-MAN #13

$3.99

(W) Nick Spencer (A) Ramon Rosanas (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION TP ONCE AN AVENGER

$39.99

(W) Siyeon Park, Jieun Park (A) Various (CA) Woo Bin Choi

AVENGERS K TP BOOK 03 AVENGERS DISASSEMBLED

$24.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Woo Bin Choi

BLACK WIDOW TP VOL 01 SHIELDS MOST WANTED

$17.99

(W) Mark Waid, Chris Samnee (A/CA) Chris Samnee

CAGE #1 BY TARTAKOVSKY POSTER

$8.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA TP WHITE

$24.99

(W) Jeph Loeb (A) Tim Sale (CA) Sale

CAPTAIN BRITAIN TP LEGACY OF LEGEND

$24.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Alan Davis

CAPTAIN MARVEL #10

$3.99

(W) Ruth Gage, Christos Gage (A/CA) Kris Anka

CAPTAIN MARVEL BY JIM STARLIN TP COMPLETE COLLECTION

$34.99

(W) Jim Starlin, Various (A/CA) Jim Starlin

CARNAGE #13

$3.99

(W) Gerry Conway (A) Mike Perkins (CA) Michael Walsh

CARNAGE TP VOL 02 WORLD TOUR

$17.99

(W) Gerry Conway (A) Mike Perkins (CA) Mike Del Mundo

CHAMPIONS NO TIME FOR LOSERS #1

(W) Tony Isabella, Bill Mantlo (A) Don Heck & Various (CA) TBD

$7.99

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7) GI B&W VIRGIN CONNECTING H VAR

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7) MICHAEL CHO VAR

$5.99

CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7) STERANKO CAPTAIN AMERICA B&W VAR

$5.99

CIVIL WAR II AMAZING SPIDER-MAN TP

$15.99

(W) Christos Gage, Dan Slott (A) Travel Foreman, Giuseppe Camuncoli (CA) Khary Randolph

CIVIL WAR II CHOOSING SIDES TP

$19.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Jim Cheung

CIVIL WAR II GODS OF WAR TP

$15.99

(W) Dan Abnett, Stan Lee (A) Emilio Laiso, Jack Kirby (CA) Jay Anacleto

CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN #4 (OF 4)

$3.99

(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A) Ricardo Lopez Ortiz (CA) Aaron Kuder

CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN #4 (OF 4) BAKER VAR

$3.99

CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN TP

$15.99

(W) Matthew Rosenberg, Stan Lee (A) Ricardo Lopez Ortiz, John Romita (CA) Aaron Kuder

CIVIL WAR II OATH #1

$4.99

Revealed after SDCC 2016.

CIVIL WAR II OATH #1 VAR

$4.99

TBA

CIVIL WAR II ULYSSES #3 (OF 3)

$4.99

(W) Al Ewing (A) Jefte Palo (CA) Francesco Francavilla

CIVIL WAR II ULYSSES #3 (OF 3) WALKER VAR

$4.99

CIVIL WAR II X-MEN TP

$15.99

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5) BAGLEY VAR

$4.99

TBA

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5) LOZANO TEASER VAR

$4.99

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 BY DELLOTTO POSTER

$8.99

CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS TP VOL 02 FINAL FIGHT

$15.99

W/A) Various (CA) Paco Medina

DAREDEVIL #12

$3.99

(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Ron Garney

DAREDEVIL OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 KIRBY DM VAR ED

$125.00

(W) Stan Lee & Various (A) Various (CA) Alex Ross

DAREDEVIL OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 ROSS CVR

$125.00

DARK TOWER DRAWING OF THREE SAILOR #1 (OF 5) (MR)

$3.99

TBA

DEADPOOL #20

$3.99

(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Mike Hawthorne (CA) Rafael Albuquerque

DEADPOOL #20 KOBLISH VAR

$3.99

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #1 (OF 5)

$3.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Salva Espin

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #1 (OF 5) LIM VAR

$3.99

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #2 (OF 5)

$3.99

DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #2 (OF 5) LIM VAR

$3.99

DEADPOOL TOO SOON #1 (OF 4)

$4.99

DEADPOOL TOO SOON #1 (OF 4) VAR

$4.99

DEADPOOL V GAMBIT TP V IS FOR VS

$16.99

(W) Ben Acker, Ben Blacker (A) Danillo Beyruth, Kevin Wada

DEADPOOL WORLDS GREATEST TP VOL 04 TEMPORARY INSANITATION

$15.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Francisco Herrera

DEATH OF X #1 (OF 4)

$4.99

TBA

DEATH OF X #1 (OF 4) CLASSIC VAR

$4.99

DEATH OF X #1 (OF 4) CONNECTING A VAR

$4.99

DEATH OF X #2 (OF 4)

$3.99

TBA

DEATH OF X #2 (OF 4) CLASSIC VAR

$3.99

DEATH OF X #2 (OF 4) CONNECTING B VAR

$3.99

DOCTOR STRANGE MYSTIC APPRENTICE #1

$3.99

TBA

DOCTOR STRANGE MYSTIC APPRENTICE #1 LIM VAR

$3.99

TBA

DOCTOR STRANGE MYSTIC APPRENTICE #1 WARD VAR

$3.99

TBA

DOCTOR STRANGE TP WHAT IS IT THAT DISTURBS YOU STEPHEN

$29.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Dave Cockrum

DRAX TP VOL 02 CHILDRENS CRUSADE

$17.99

(W) Cm Punk, Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Scott Hepburn

EMPRESS #7 (OF 7)

$5.99

(W) Mark Millar (A/CA) Stuart Immonen

EMPRESS #7 (OF 7) IMMONEN VAR

$5.99

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 (OF 5)

$3.99

Jon Adams and Horatio Domingues, with covers by Brian Kesinger

Welcome to the Enchanted Tiki Room, a place of legend…of fantasy…and mystery. Here—on an isolated island populated by talking (and singing) birds and plants and ancient Tiki gods–almost anything can happen and does. As the next boat arrives with new visitors, what stories will unfold, what mysteries will be revealed and how are they all connected? Summer ain’t over yet, so grab your flip-flops, pop open your beach chair, and book your vacation with the latest Disney Kingdoms series!

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 (OF 5) CHRISTOPHER ACTION FIGURE VAR

$3.99

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 (OF 5) GRANDT CONNECTING VAR

$3.99

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM #1 BY DOMINGUES POSTER

$8.99

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #15

$3.99

(W) Jeff Lemire (A) Victor Ibanez (CA) Humberto Ramos

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1 BY ALLRED POSTER

$8.99

GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #13

$3.99

GUARDIANS OF GALAXY PREM HC VOL 02 NEW GUARD WANTED

$24.99

GUIDEBOOK TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE – MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. SEASON TWO/MARVEL’S AGENT CARTER SEASON ONE #1

$3.99

Mike O’Sullivan, The Ohotmu (A) Various (CA) Marcos Martin

HOWARD THE DUCK TP VOL 02 GOOD NIGHT GOOD DUCK

$15.99

(W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Kevin Maguire, Joe Quinones (CA) Joe Quinones

HYPERION TP DADDY ISSUES

$17.99

(W) Chuck Wendig, Ario Anindito (A) Nicole Virella (CA) Emanuela Lupacchino

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #14

$3.99

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Mike Deodato

JESSICA JONES #1 BY MACK POSTER

$8.99

MAN THING BY STEVE GERBER COMPLETE COLL TP VOL 02

$34.99

(W) Steve Gerber (A) Various (CA) Mike Ploog

MARVEL A POSTER

$8.99

24″ x 36″

MARVEL B POSTER

$8.99

MARVEL C POSTER

$8.99

MARVEL D POSTER

$8.99

MARVEL NOW SHATTERED CLING

$3.00

MARVEL TSUM TSUM #3 (OF 4)

$3.99

(W) Jacob Chabot (A) David Baldeon (CA) Chris Samnee

MARVEL TSUM TSUM #3 (OF 4) CLASSIFIED CONNECTING C VAR

$3.99

MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ULTRON REVOLUTION #4

$2.99

MARVEL UNIVERSE GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #13

$2.99

MARVEL UNIVERSE GUARDIANS OF GALAXY DIGEST TP VOL 03

$9.99

MARVEL UNIVERSE ULT SPIDER-MAN VS SINISTER SIX #4

$2.99

MARVELS DOCTOR STRANGE ART OF MOVIE SLIPCASE HC

$50.00

(W) Jacob Johnson (A/CA) Various

MAX RIDE FINAL FLIGHT #2 (OF 5)

$3.99

(W) Jody Houser (A) Marco Failla (CA) David Nakayama

MIGHTY THOR #12

$3.99

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

MIGHTY THOR PREM HC VOL 02 LORDS OF MIDGARD

$24.99

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Rafa Garres, Russell Dauterman (CA) Russell Dauterman

MMW UNCANNY X-MEN HC VOL 10

$100.00

(W) Chris Claremont (A) Various (CA) John Romita

MMW UNCANNY X-MEN HC VOL 10 DM VAR ED 241

$100.00

MOCKINGBIRD #8

$3.99

(W) Chelsea Cain (A) Kate Niemczyk (CA) Joëlle Jones

MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #12

$3.99

(W) Amy Reeder, Brandon Montclare (A) Natacha Bustos (CA) Amy Reeder

MOON KNIGHT #7

$3.99

(W) Jeff Lemire (A/CA) Greg Smallwood

NEW AVENGERS #17

$3.99

(W) Al Ewing (A) Paco Medina (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

NEW AVENGERS AIM TP VOL 03 CIVIL WAR II

$15.99

(W) Al Ewing (A) Gerardo Sandoval, Paco Medina (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

NIGHTHAWK #6

$3.99

(W) David Walker (A) Ramon Villalobos (CA) Bill Sienkiewicz, Denys Cowan

NOW BLACK PANTHER #7 COSPLAY VAR

$3.99

NOW BLACK PANTHER #7 RIBIC CONNECTING C VAR

$3.99

NOW DEADPOOL #21 KOBLISH VAR

$9.99

(W) Gerry Duggan (A/CA) Scott Koblish

NOW JESSICA JONES #1 AJA VAR

$3.99

OLD MAN LOGAN #12

$3.99

(W) Jeff Lemire (A/CA) Andrea Sorrentino

POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #9

$3.99

(W) David Walker (A) Flaviano, Sanford Greene (CA) Sanford Greene

POWERS #8 (MR)

$3.99

TBA

PUNISHER #6

$3.99

(W) Becky Cloonan (A) Steve Dillon (CA) Declan Shalvey

PUNISHER ANNUAL #1

$4.99

TBA

PUNISHER ANNUAL #1 A VAR

$4.99

TBA

PUNISHER ANNUAL #1 B VAR

$4.99

TBA

ROCKET RACCOON AND GROOT TP VOL 02

$15.99

(W) Nick Kocher (A) Michael Walsh (CA) David Lopez

RUNAWAYS TP VOL 01 PRIDE AND JOY NEW PTG

$14.99

(W) Brian K. Vaughan (A/CA) Adrian Alphona

SCARLET WITCH #11

$3.99

(W) James Robinson (A) Kei Zama (CA) David Aja

SILK #13

$3.99

(W) Robbie Thompson (A) Tana Ford (CA) Helen Chen

SPIDER-GWEN #13

$3.99

(W) Jason Latour (A/CA) Robbi Rodriguez

SPIDER-GWEN HC VOL 01

$34.99

(W) Jason Latour (A) Robbi Rodriguez, Chris Visions (CA) Robbi Rodriguez

SPIDER-MAN #9

$3.99

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) Nico Leon (CA) Sara Pichelli

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #16

$3.99

(W) Peter David (A) Will Sliney (CA) Francesco Mattina

SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #10

$3.99

(W) Joe Kelly (A/CA) Ed McGuinness

SPIDER-WOMAN #12

$3.99

(W) Dennis Hopeless (A/CA) Robbi Rodriguez

SPIDEY #11

$3.99

(W) Robert P. Thompson (A) Nathan Stockman (CA) Khary Randolph

SQUADRON SUPREME #12

$3.99

(W) James Robinson (A) Leonard Kirk (CA) Alex Garner

SQUADRON SUPREME TP VOL 02 CIVIL WAR II

$15.99

(W) James Robinson (A) Various (CA) Alex Garner

STAR WARS #24

$3.99

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Jorge Molina (CA) Mike Deodato

STAR WARS DARTH VADER HC VOL 02

$39.99

(W) Kieron Gillen, Jason Aaron (A) Mike Deodato & Various (CA) Kaare Andrews

STAR WARS EPISODE III HC REVENGE OF SITH

$24.99

(W) Chris Cerasi (A) Doug Wheatley (CA) Mike Mayhew

STAR WARS FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION #5 (OF 6)

$3.99

(W) Chuck Wendig (A) Luke Ross (CA) Mike Del Mundo

STAR WARS FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION HC

$24.99

(W) Chuck Wendig (A) Luke Ross (CA) Phil Noto

STAR WARS HAN SOLO #5 (OF 5)

$3.99

(W) Marjorie M. Liu (A) Mark Brooks (CA) Olivier Coipel

STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLL ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS TP VOL 01

$39.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Carmine Infantino

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #7

$3.99

(W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Phil Noto

STAR WARS POE DAMERON TP VOL 01 BLACK SQUADRON

$19.99

(W) Charles Soule, Chris Eliopoulos (A) Phil Noto, Chris Eliopoulos (CA) Phil Noto

THOR EPIC COLLECTION TP WHEN TITANS CLASH

$39.99

(W) Stan Lee (A/CA) Jack Kirby

THUNDERBOLTS #6

$3.99

(W) Jim Zub (A/CA) Jon Malin

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #12

$3.99

(W) Greg Pak (A) Mike Del Mundo (CA) Terry Dodson

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK TP VOL 02 CIVIL WAR II

$17.99

(W) Greg Pak (A) Alan Davis, Mike Del Mundo (CA) Alan Davis

ULTIMATES #12

$3.99

(W) Al Ewing (A/CA) Kenneth Rocafort

UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #13

$3.99

UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL TP VOL 04 KISSED SQUIRREL LIKED IT

$15.99

UNBELIEVABLE GWENPOOL TP VOL 01 BELIEVE IT

$16.99

(W) Christopher Hastings (A) Danillo Beyruth, Gurihiru (CA) Gurihiru

UNCANNY X-MEN #14

$3.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Greg Land

UNCANNY X-MEN SUPERIOR TP VOL 02 APOCALYPSE WARS

$15.99

(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Ken Lashley, Paco Medina (CA) Greg Land

VENOM SPACE KNIGHT #13

$3.99

(W) Robbie Thompson (A) Gerardo Sandoval (CA) Zach Howard

VENOM SPACE KNIGHT TP VOL 02 ENEMIES AND ALLIES

$19.99

(W) Robbie Thompson (A) Various (CA) Zach Howard

VISION #12

$3.99

(W) Tom King (A) Gabriel Hernandez Walta (CA) Mike Del Mundo

WAR OF KINGS AFTERMATH ROAD TO WAR OF KINGS OMNIBUS HC

$125.00

(W) Dan Abnett & Various (A) Various (CA) Alex Garner

WOLVERINE OLD MAN LOGAN HC NEW PTG

$34.99

(W) Mark Millar (A/CA) Steve McNiven

X-MEN 92 #8

$3.99

(W) Chris Sims, Chad Bowers (A) Alti Firmansyah (CA) David Nakayama

X-MEN 92 TP VOL 01 WORLD IS A VAMPIRE

$15.99

(W) Chad Bowers, Chris Sims (A) Alti Firmansyah, Cory Hamscher (CA) David Nakayama

X-MEN GAMBIT AND WOLVERINE TP NEW PTG

$15.99

(W) Jeph Loeb (A/CA) Tim Sale

X-MEN TP BISHOPS CROSSING

$34.99

(W/A) Various (CA) Whilce Portacio

I've put together an easy to read list, those with a ?, I'm not sure if they are significant to Spidey or if will be appearing in the book.

1. CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5)
    2. CIVIL WAR II #7 (OF 7)
    3. NOW CHAMPIONS #1 (Miles Morales)
    4. NOW GWENPOOL #7
    5. NOW INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1 (Mary Jane ?)
    6. NOW JESSICA JONES #1
    7. NOW PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT #11 (Black Cat)
    8. NOW PROWLER #1
    9. NOW SOLO #1
    10. A YEAR OF MARVELS UNBEATABLE #1 ?
    11. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19
    12. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20
    13. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN WORLDWIDE TP VOL 03
    14. CARNAGE #13
    15. CHAMPIONS NO TIME FOR LOSERS #1 ?
    16. CIVIL WAR II AMAZING SPIDER-MAN TP
    17. CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN #4 (OF 4)
    18. CIVIL WAR II KINGPIN TP
    19. CIVIL WAR II OATH #1 ?
    20. DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #1 (OF 5)
    21. DEADPOOL BACK IN BLACK #2 (OF 5)
    22. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #14 (Mary Jane ?)
    23. MOCKINGBIRD #8
    24. POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #9 (Black Cat)
    25. SILK #13 (Mattie Franklin)
    26. SPIDER-GWEN #13 (Mile Morales)
    27. SPIDER-MAN #9 (Gwen Stacey/Spider-Gwen)
    28. SPIDER-MAN 2099 #16
    29. SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #10
    30. SPIDER-WOMAN #12
    31. SPIDEY #11
    32. TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #12 (Silk)
    33. VENOM SPACE KNIGHT #13
    34. VENOM SPACE KNIGHT TP VOL 02 ENEMIES AND ALLIES
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16374  Edited By darthfury78
    @magnetic_eye said:

@animehunter:

RE: Joe Jusko artwork - simply amazing! Love the mature looking Peter Parker / Spider-Man. Too bad mature sophisticated stories have been missing from ASM for far too long. ?

Brilliant artwork all round but other than Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, Captain America & Thor and Hulk were real stand outs for me.

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

Marvel's lack of interesting stores regarding Spider-Man and other titles is the result of Marvel Editorial mandate who feels that their books should be youth oriented to match the cartoons. Whose willing to bet that once Joe Quesada and Axel Alonzo are gone that things will start to change for the better?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

RE : Joe Jusko Black Cat Poster - very nice indeed! ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye said:

Art looks great, but I don't dig the mature look for Peter. On the contrary, I'd gladly welcome any mature, sophisticated story for ASM and Spider-Man in general.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riscrit said:

@magnetic_eye said:

Art looks great, but I don't dig the mature look for Peter. On the contrary, I'd gladly welcome any mature, sophisticated story for ASM and Spider-Man in general.

I am all for the return of the mature ASM stories as long as the writer incorporate non spider-man created characters like Jennifer Walters and Jessica Drew into the series.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16383  Edited By animehunter

From Newsarama

Delays & Artist Changes Strike CIVIL WAR II, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, SILVER SURFER, MS. MARVEL, More

Marvel August 2016 cover

Marvel Comics has informed retailers that Civil War II and several tie-in issues will be delayed. Civil War II #5 is now scheduled for August 31 (originally August 15), Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #3 for August 17 (originally August 3), and Captain Marvel #8 for August 24 (originally August 3).

Additionally, both Ms. Marvel and Silver Surfer are experiencing cascading delays, with Ms. Marvel #10 pushed back three weeks to August 31 and #11 back two weeks to September 28. Silver Surfer #6 has a harsher delay, with a seven week delay to its new date of August 31. That has caused its two subsequent issues to be pushed back, #7 to September 28, and #8 to October 24.

Additionally, Amazing Spider-Man #17 will have a change of artists, with series artist Giuseppe Camuncoli dropping out and R.B. Silva stepping in.

For examples of R.B. Silva's art

No reason was given by the publisher for these changes.

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: said

I am all for the return of the mature ASM stories as long as the writer incorporate non spider-man created characters like Jennifer Walters and Jessica Drew into the series.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that. Also a Black Widow team up would be cool. ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

From Newsarama

Delays & Artist Changes Strike CIVIL WAR II, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, SILVER SURFER, MS. MARVEL, More

Additionally, Amazing Spider-Man #17 will have a change of artists, with series artist Giuseppe Camuncoli dropping out and R.B. Silva stepping in.

I look forward to a change in art for ASM (even if it's only for one issue). R.B. Silva's art for Spider-Man and the X-Men #4 was not bad.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16386  Edited By darthfury78
    @riscrit said:

@animehunter said:

From Newsarama

I look forward to a change in art for ASM (even if it's only for one issue). R.B. Silva's art for Spider-Man and the X-Men #4 was not bad.

Could you ever envision R.B; Silva doing a Vulture and Deathbird team-up against Spider-Man or even The Lizard and Sauron working together against Spidey?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16387  Edited By ZariusII
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16388  Edited By animehunter

Previews: July 27th, 2016

Previews provided by Comic Book Resources

Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4 #1.6

STORY BY Jose Molina
    ART BY Simone Bianchi, Andrea Broccardo
    COLORS BY David Curiel, Matt Yackey
    LETTERS BY VC - Joe Sabino
    COVER BY Giuseppe Camuncoli, David Curiel, Simone Bianchi

AMAZING GRACE CONCLUDES!

• Spider-Man and the Santerians team up to fight a foe that will shake what faith they have!

PREVIEW

Civil War II #4

STORY BY Brian Michael Bendis
    ART BY David Marquez
    COLORS BY Justin Ponsor
    LETTERS BY VC - Clayton Cowles
    COVER BY Marko Djurdjevic, Michael Cho, Kim Jung Gi, Phil Noto

Sides are harshly divided as the Marvel Universe's trial of the century reaches its shocking verdict! Now, the abstract issues are very real for the heroes of the Marvel Universe and battle lines must be drawn. Captain Marvel or Iron Man, who will each hero stand behind?

PREVIEW

Spider-Gwen Vol 2 #10

STORY BY Jason Latour
    ART BY Robbi Rodriguez
    COLORS BY Rico Renzi, Lauren Affe
    COVER BY Robbi Rodriguez

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Part 2!

• Spider-Gwen lost her powers in SPIDER-WOMEN and now has to face FRANK CASTLE without Spider-help!

PREVIEW

Venom: Space Knight #10

STORY BY Robbie Thompson
    ART BY Kim Jacinto, Ario Anindito
    COLORS BY Java Tartaglia, Andrew Crossley
    LETTERS BY VC - Joe Caramagna
    COVER BY Zach Howard, Nelson Daniel

SYMBIOTIC…OR PSYCHOTIC?

• Can Flash rehabilitate his Klyntar companion?

• He’d better! He’s going to need all the help he can get...

PREVIEW

Carnage Vol 2 #10

STORY BY Gerry Conway
    ART BY Mike Perkins
    COLORS BY Andy Troy
    LETTERS BY VC - Joe Sabino
    COVER BY Mike del Mundo

• One of our heroes has joined Carnage in his rampage!

• But which of them is the traitor?

• Will Toxin, Man-Wolf, and company survive this betrayal?

PREVIEW

All-New, All-Different Avengers #12

STORY BY Mark Waid
    ART BY Mahmud Asrar
    COLORS BY Dave McCaig
    LETTERS BY VC - Cory Petit
    COVER BY Alex Ross

• In chains, held captive millions of light-years from home, the Avengers are without salvation and without hope — unless they’re willing to make some hard choices. Plus: More on the new Wasp!

PREVIEW

Civil War II: Choosing Sides #3

STORY BY Ming Doyle, Derek Landy, Declan Shalvey
    ART BY Stephen Byrne, Filipe Andrade, Declan Shalvey
    COLORS BY Miroslav Mrva, Jordie Bellaire
    COVER BY Jim Cheung, Justin Ponsor, Declan Shalvey, Jordie Bellaire , Jamie McKelvie , Matthew Wilson

• The battle is heating up, but nothing’s hotter than the limelight! When the media starts muckraking, how far will heroes go to stay out of the public eye?

• Featuring Nick Fury, Kate Bishop, and jolly J. Jonah Jameson himself!

PREVIEW

Extraordinary X-Men #12

STORY BY Jeff Lemire
    ART BY Humberto Ramos, Victor Olazaba
    COLORS BY Edgar Delgado, Dono Sanchez-Almara
    LETTERS BY VC - Joe Caramagna
    COVER BY Humberto Ramos, Edgar Delgado, Leinil Yu

“APOCALYPSE WARS” CONCLUSION!

• Trapped a thousand years in the future on a world ruled by the genocidal tyrant Apocalypse, the X-Men are literally mutantkind’s last hope!

• With the fate of the next generation of mutants hanging in the balance, the X-Men square off against Apocalypse and his Horsemen one last time. But with some of their own in Apocalypse’s ranks, how can the X-Men hope to win the day?

• In what’s sure to be a battle for the ages, one thing is certain: not all of the X-Men will emerge unscathed!

PREVIEW

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

The newspaper strip has revealed the Bugle's new owner is Elihas Starr, aka Ant-Man's Egghead!

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Previews: July 27th, 2016

All-New, All-Different Avengers #12

STORY BY Mark Waid
    ART BY Mahmud Asrar
    COLORS BY Dave McCaig
    LETTERS BY VC - Cory Petit
    COVER BY Alex Ross

• In chains, held captive millions of light-years from home, the Avengers are without salvation and without hope — unless they’re willing to make some hard choices. Plus: More on the new Wasp!

PREVIEW

Oh yay, more of Miles' deus ex machina. Because #5 was just so good.

/s

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16392  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

SDCC: MARVEL PLANS FOR "CIVIL WAR II'S" FINAL BATTLE

Marvel kicked off day two of San Diego's Comic-Con International with a panel focused on the event that's currently dividing their superhero line: "Civil War II." With the event now at its halfway mark, the impact its having on Marvel's heroes is becoming more and more clear. To shed some light on what's to come in the remaining "Civil War II" battles, editor-in-chief Axel Alonso, director of content & character development Sana Amanat, and Marvel talent scout Rickey Purdinassembled on stage in San Diego and were joined by writer Marc Guggenheim ("Civil War II: The Accused"), writer Matthew Rosenberg ("Civil War II: Kingpin"), writer David Walker ("Power Man and Iron Fist") and writer G. Willow Wilson ("Ms. Marvel").

Alonso kicked off the panel by giving an overview of "Civil War II," saying that the event has split the heroes into Team Tony and Team Carol. "We've had some twists and turns and some major deaths, maybe even more coming," said Alonso. "It will change the Marvel Universe when it ends." Moderator Rickey Purdin showed off the covers for "Civil War II" #6 and 7.

Rosenberg then talked about his Kingpin "Civil War II" tie-in, saying that Wilson Fisk sees the infighting as a way for the villain to rise in power again. "'Civil War' is a backdrop to him plan and ties into how he works. Every villain is terrified of Kingpin and he finds a way to operate that that gets him everything he wants," said Rosenberg. Alonso added that Kingpin is going to be a huge character over the next few years, "so keep an eye on him."

"Kingpin" #1 will launch in January, written by Rosenberg with art by Keron Grant. "Spins out of his return to New York and 'Civil War' brings him back to the city," said Rosenberg. "This is the beginning of his play for New York. It's a dark and nasty and fun book. He doesn't see himself as a villain. He wants to Make America...New York great again. He's making plays to make New York great again." The audience laughed at that sly Trump reference.

Wilson talked about "Ms. Marvel's" "Civil War II" arc. "She immediately sided with Carol because she knew Carol would do the best for the people she loves, but during her run in Avengers she's gotten close with Tony Stark," said Wilson. "We've been teasing that tension in her series, and she's torn because of her loyalties. She's only now discovering her own ideas about the big picture and how you get justice and how you act on information about the future. It's having a devastating impact on her life, and that's bleeding over from her life as Ms. Marvel to her life as Kamala Khan. The next issue has a couple of big twists in it, so it's been a really tense and exciting thing to write."

Amanat added that the storyline dives into Kamala's past a bit. "There are a couple of pages that go into her history and the generation of women that came before," said the editor. "You get the history of where her bangles came from, it's really beautiful and my mother cried when she read it."

"Power Man and Iron Fist" also has ties to "Civil War II." Writer David Walker talked about how the war broke out just as the series started; "It was like well, it almost felt like the obvious choice would be to have them split. Then I thought, let's not go the obvious route. Let's have it split them up, not on different sides but as a team. In issue #6, you see them reacting to what's happening, and it's them going, 'We're tired of this. We're constantly fighting with our friends. We're heroes.' So they decide to sit it out and remain neutral. So a lot of it's my take on neutrality and how you can't be that way. We get so tired seeing things in the news and want to tune out, but at the end of the day, if you tune out you get sucked in anyway. It's about how Luke and Danny get sucked in anyway and how it destroys their lives. At the end of issue #6, Danny is arrested and Luke is on the run. They'll spend most of the arc split up."

A book titled "Civil War II: The Fallen" will arrive in August and show the fallout of Bruce Banner's death, written by Greg Pak with art by Mark Bagley. Alonso talked about it, saying it will focus on all the Hulk family characters and their reaction to Hulk's death. "The Accused" one-shot will follow Hawkeye's trial after he killed Banner, and be written by Marc Guggenheim -- who was previously a lawyer. "The way this came about was, I'm also writing 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' and we're tying in with 'Civil War II,' so I get to read the scripts. I read Brian Bendis' script, and I read it and thought that Banner's video diary was hearsay and how could it be admitted into evidence," said Guggenheim. "When I got to issue #4 and saw the verdict, I realized I wanted to see more of this trial. I get ideas from asking these questions, and I thought there was a story to be told about Matt Murdock prosecuting Clint Barton for murder -- and we do address the hearsay issue. And we get to explore Matt prosecuting a fellow hero, and learn what Matt's doing now that he's a city prosecutor working on a federal case. Is he fully doing it of his own accord or is he following orders? It gets into questions of ethics."

The "Choosing Sides" series came up next, which is an anthology series about how characters on the periphery chose their "Civil War II" sides. Amanat then spoke about "Captain Marvel," saying it's a "big moment" for her. "In 'Civil War,' Tony Stark had a way of proving his point. Carol is not that kind of character. She's going about promoting predictive justice in an analytical way and wants to make sure she has evidence. This story is about her recruiting heroes to her side and also how she proves these predictions will come true," said Amanat. "The balance between serving justice and also serving and saving humanity is Carol's journey and she loses some people along the way. But it's a great political thriller. I'm actually excited that she's been thrust in the spotlight in this way, and it shows how much we believe in her as Captain Marvel. We'll have extremely important ramifications for her down the road."

Alonso then did an informal poll of the audience, and learned that the attendees were almost 50/50 split between Carol and Tony's sides.

The panelists then talked about "Totally Awesome HUlk," which continues its tie-in in issue #11 and features an appearance from Black Panther and new regular artist Mahmud Asrar. Alonso said that after Banner's death, the new Hulk Amadeus Cho has every reason to be mad at Hawkeye and that a "reckoning" may be coming.

"Uncanny Avengers" #14 will see Cable fight Captain America. "Invincible Iron Man" #12 will see Tony Stark meet Riri Williams. Alonso said that they discussed this larger story over many writers' summits. "Brian Bendis had already created Riri and his plans were ambitious, but we doubled down and she became our Iron Man," said Alonso. "Whether she takes the name, though, you have to wait and find out. We have a new character in the Marvel Universe and Brian's writing her, but I can't wait to see who else writes her down the road."

Purdin opened the floor to questions, with a fan asking how they go about coordinating so many tie-ins within the event. "It's like a TV writers' room," said Alonso. "Everyone's involved, it's like a gauntlet. Along the way you pencil some things in and ink some things in. Other writers that aren't in the room we report back to them. With our events, writers opt-in or opt-out. If you have a story going, like Ta-Nehisi Coates who has a 12-issue story on 'Black Panther,' you don't have to tie-in." Bu other series, like "Captain Marvel," made sense to tie-in, so they did.

The panelists talked about their favorite "Civil War II" moments so far, with Walker and Guggenheim both singling out "Civil War II" #3; Walker spoke about David Marquez's illustration of the issue, specifically. "That was an incredible issue," said Walker, then jokingly adding "and all of 'Power Man and Iron Fist' are my favorites too." Rosenberg praised Bendis' emotional writing, specifically when Tony Stark found out about War Machine's death. "I just trusted Brian to give that moment the weight it needs. Tony just breaking down and everyone not knowing how to deal with him was a gut punch that I loved."

Alonso said the Carol and Banner conflict, and Amanat said that the Rhodey and Carol makeout scene was "beautiful. They're two hot people making out! But it was important to us to show their relationship, and the way she responds to his death is very Carol Danvers. That's in issue #7. It's so well done. Carol mourning someone she loves and mourning a soldier is very similar. The way she goes about honoring his memory all has to do with her journey and mission."

Walker said he likes seeing how the storyline deals with how people grieve. "Everyone's going through this really personal stuff, and that's at the heart of it," he said, explaining how characters are all dealing with the deaths differently.

Alonso spoke about why they chose to select Hawkeye to kill Banner. "We didn't go into the story saying we wanted to kill the Hulk, but we talked about the story and that's where we landed. But there's a lot to be revealed about why Clint did what he did, and you have only seen a fragment of the story," said Alonso. Purdin added that during the summit, the big idea came during a lunch break. Bendis approached Alonso privately after lunch and proposed the idea to him. They then brought it to the group, slept on it a night, and then walked through the idea. Even though the room was immediately surprised by the idea of having Hawkeye kill Hulk, the story slowly came together after the writers' room discussed it at length.

An art teacher that uses comics as educational tools in his classroom asked if creators considered that when making comics. Alonso said this teacher was "his hero" and he talked about how Marvel is trying to cast the widest net with characters and creators, even if they "stumble" they try to course correct and move forward. "We're trying to create different books for different people and talk about the real world," said Alonso. "When we heard about someone like you that's using books to teach, it's the inverse of what we get on the internet."

Amanat said hearing that comment made her day. "We have to much content out there, but at the end of the day these heroes are aspirational and the job of telling stories about these heroes, it's important. When Willow and I was talking about Ms. Marvel years ago, we were talking about who out there was representing young girls that don't feel comfortable in their own skin and how can we tell a story that's uplifting. Five or six years ago we couldn't sell a book like that, but now fans are supporting us. We're able to continue to tell those kinds of stories, and you're bringing in a new generation of comic fans."

Walker asked all the librarians and teachers in attendance to raise their hands, to a round of applause. Willow said she gets a lot of requests on Twitter from kids writing papers about comics and looking for quotes.

The panel talked about how they decide who lives and dies, and if it's the decision of one writer, revealing that these decisions are collaborative and -- in the case of "Civil War II" -- come out of big story summits. "It's always a negotiation. There's a lot of yelling sometimes, which is a lot of fun," said Amanat. "Hulked out Axel's pretty awesome. I think that's sort of what's so great about the experience is that it's truly collaborative. It's not just one writer figuring things out. We put a lot of thought in the stories and it comes down to what's best for the story we want to tell. We have conversations. We definitely went back and forth on Rhodes multiple times, but it was the best thing for the story and his particular storyline as well. We don't take these things lightly."

Purdin asked which side each panelist was on. Guggenheim was on Tony's side, and Wilson said she's on Team Tony but made a serious effort to understand Carol. Walker is also on Team Tony, and said he had trouble writing Carol until he spent more time thinking about her team. Rosenberg and Alonso also sided with Tony, but Alonso said that he respects Carol's decision. Amanat said she's Team Carol because, she joked, "everyone's throwing her under the bus!" Amanat said she's not for profiling, but that Carol's story is about the difficulties of having to protect people. "I've also worked with that character for four or five years now and I'm real protective."

Walker added that when he thinks of Carol as a soldier and her dedication to her duty, "she stops being crazy. Some of it makes sense, and then it's harder to write and she's not the villain. So many of her arguments are valid. I like Carol and sometimes I wasn't liking the Carol I was writing. We went through 50,000 drafts until we got to a Carol that made the readers see where she split [from Tony]."

Wilson said that both Tony and Carol want the same thing, to protect people. "They want the same thing but they want different ways of getting there." Rosenberg said he initially was on Carol's side just because of the teasers that were released, because "she's awesome," but reading the story made him team Tony.

====

====

From Bleeding Cool

Iron Man Vanquished By Captain Marvel? The Civil War II Panel At San Diego Comic-Con

By Joe Glass

One of the first panel’s of the day on Friday at San Diego Comic Con 2016, which has proved a popular panel, with the large room filling up well before the panel start time.

Everyone is here to see what Marvel intend to reveal next about their current Civil War II event.

Panellists include G Willow Wilson, David Walker, Axel Alonso, Sana Amanat, Marc Guggenheim, Matt Rosenberg, moderated by Rickey Purdin.

Talking about the general premise of the Civil War conflict this time, Alonso mentions there may be a couple major turns and deaths yet to come. There won’t be a winner or loser, heroes will come out on a high, and some will lose everything.

Talking about the Kingpin Civil War tie-in, it follows the rise of Kingpin back to height of power, in the backdrop of the new Civil War. Alonso elaborates that Kingpin will be HUGE in the next couple years.

Rosenberg teases the Kingpin ongoing, coming in January, the beginning of his true play for total control on NYC, it’s dark, nasty but really fun book. He very nearly says Kingpin wants to make America Great Again…or New York great again. Take from that what you will.

Wilson goes on to describe how this event is particularly emotionally difficult for Kamala Kahn, and how she was initially naturally loyal to Captain Marvel at first, but her growing closeness and respect for Tony Stark is making her question these things, and her own growing realizations of her own thoughts on the conflict. Next week has a couple big twists in it. Amanat describes how they’ve also been able to explore Kamala’s past a bit more.

Walker talks the Power Man & Iron Fist, and tearing them apart by showing them reacting to the new fight amongst their friends and deciding to take a neutral position, and will look at how it will suck them in and it will literally destroy their lives. They will spend of their time apart during the tie-in. Walker is interested in the idea of apathy being the same as being evil.

The Fallen is up next, and Alonso talks about the ripple effect among those closely connected to the Hulk and how his death affects them. Then The Accursed, Guggenheim, who used to practice law, Guggenheim praised Brian M. Bendis‘ script for issue 3 of the main event, and he says the verdict in issue 4 is surprising (unless you’ve been following Bleeding Cool, of course).

They will address the hearsay issue of evidence in Hawkeye’s trial, but also how it is for Matt Murdock to prosecute a fellow hero, and is he doing it of his own accord or following orders.

Ulysses Infinite Comic up next, about his training with Karnak and first chunk of time with the Inhumans, and then CWII: Choosing Sides, and looking at how heroes chose sides.

Captain Marvel up next, about how Stark went about showing his opinion, and that’s unlike Carol Danvers methods and how she’s taking a more clinical and methodical way of recruiting and also using the predictions to prove the bad guys are bad guys. Amanat says it will be a really great political thriller. It will take her to a whole other level, particular her position in the MU at large.

Alonso asking who’s side everyone is on, and a lot of people didn’t raise their hands at all, maybe implying they still can’t decide on a side.

Totally Awesome Hulk up next, Black Panther will step in to try and help the situation, but it won’t end well. Alonso and Amanat praise the series and highlight how Amadeus Cho is a very different Hulk.

September sees the first meeting of Riri Williams and Tony Stark in Iron Man #12. When they were making plans for the future, Bendis already impressive plans for Riri had to change, and her role became even bigger as she gets to be the new Iron Man.

They again plug the Cup o’ Joe panel tomorrow, it seems the actual news and announcements will be made there.

Q&A section: Why is precognition a big deal now when others had the same power before? Alonso says its to do with scope and level of Ulysses’ powers and that some of those haven’t even been revealed yet. But also its about commenting on the world we live in, and so its maybe a timing issue.

Favorite moments from the series? Guggenheim loved the trial of Clint Barton, Walker liked issue 3 a lot, and seeing how David Marquez executed it. Rosenberg praises Bendis as a favorite writer who does the big ideas but has the awesome human moments too, and he mentions the scene where Stark learns of War Machine’s death. Alonso says confrontation between Danvers and Banner. Amanat says the Carol and Rhodey make out scene in Captain Marvel, but also Carol’s response to his death.

Hawkeye’s history as a villain did factor into the decision to make him land the killing shot, but there’s a lot more that goes into it too, which we haven’t seen yet.

How did Hulk dying affect you? Walker says he views it through the character, and how Cage saw Hulk as being like him and he thinks if someone can kill the Hulk, he starts to think is he not as invulnerable as he thought, and Danny sees how it affects him.

How much thought is put into the fact comics can be used as educational tools? Alonso says they think about it all the time, and points towards the diversity of characters in their line, admits they stumble, but they course correct and move on. They’re trying to create different books for different people, and reflect the world outside your window. Amanat furthers that is incredibly important to them, and how the heroes are aspirational so they of course have to be mindful to what that means.

Walker thanks the teachers and librarians in the audience.

How did people react to the premise of Rhodey being tapped to be a potential next Secretary of Defense? Walker loved that scene because of how ruthless Bendis is in that scene, giving out such hope and potential and then taking it all away in a death.

Will we see Ulysses own stance on the use of his powers? Alonso says its a huge part of the story going forward, he’s not even certain what his powers are and again reiterates there’s some we haven’t seen yet, but assures Ulysses has a full arc, he’s not just a narrative device.

Who decides who dies and if they stay dead? Alonso says it doesn’t come down to one person. He’s Editor in Chief, but it’s a collaborative decision. He didn’t want to see Jim Rhodes die, but Bendis explained and talked him through the impact and size of it and also bringing in Riri, and it was enough for him to agree to that going forward. Amanat reiterates its always a negotiation, comes down to what is best for the story they want to tell. Rosenberg discusses who as a storyteller, a character he killed in his series wasn’t done nonchalantly, it affects the creators too, and it is often characters that the storyteller loves. Walker reiterates it doesn’t feel good to kill a character as a writer.

The group is thanked for bringing new characters to reflect different people, but asks what was the inspiration to bring back a Civil War story. Alonso again talks about as has been covered many a time before how it started as an off-hand conversation about what a Civil War style story would be about now.

Will we see more of the generational divide in the heroes? Alonso can’t delve into it but says to look at the promotional image for the answer, and says that yeah, we will maybe be seeing a generational rift form. More will be talked about at the Divided We Stand panel.

Whose side are you on? Guggenheim is on Team Tony, Willow too, but she made a concerted effort to understand Team Carol. Walker says the same, but is more Team Tony, Rosenberg is Team Tony, Alonso is Team Tony but is surprised at how many of Carol’s arguments resonate with him, and Amanat is Team Carol. Walker says that was what makes Carol’s position interesting to write, because she’s being a soldier, she’s doing her job, and it makes sense in a way. Rosenberg before he knew more about the story immediately thought he’d be Team Carol.

Joe Glass is a Bleeding Cool contributor and comic creator. He writes the LGBTQ superhero series, The Pride, available on Comixology and here. He also co-writes horror comedy Stiffs, featuring zombies and a talking monkey. Stiffs is also on Comixology and here.

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16393  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

SDCC: HEROES STAND DIVIDED IN MARVEL

When the dust settles on "Civil War II," Marvel's heroes will stand divided. The publishers teases for their new Marvel NOW! initiative have shown that the divisions forged during war might not heal any time soon. Editor-in-chief Axel Alonso, director of content & character development Sana Amanat, and writers Jason Aaron ("Mighty Thor"), Ryan North ("Unbeatable Squirrel Girl"), David Walker ("Nighthawk") and Jim Zub ("Thunderbolts"), and artist Reilly Brown ("Slapstick") gathered at San Diego's Comic-Con International to further discuss and tease the series and events on the horizon as part of Marvel NOW!.

Alonso kicked off the panel by pointing to the "Divided We Stand" teaser image by Mike Deodato, which shows many of Marvel heroes aligned on opposing sides. "Mighty Thor" was the first book discussed, with writer Jason Aaron teasing the next big arc -- the "Asgard/Shi'ar War." He described the story as "Lord of the Rings" vs. "Star Trek." "It's got all the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, like Gladiator, it has a huge cast of characters," said Aaron, praising his art team of Russell Dauterman and Matt Wilson. Aaron the talked about his upcoming second "Thor" book, called "The Unworthy Thor" which will star Thor Odinson. The book will focus on Ultimate Thor's hammer, and Odinson finding out there's another hammer out there. "He's desperate to prove himself worthy again and he sets out on a quest to get the hammer," said Aaron. The series will be illustrated by Olivier Coipel.

Upcoming book "Slapstick" came up next; writer and artist Reilly Brown talked about him, saying that he's not been in the spotlight for a long time. "He's basically a Looney Toons style cartoon character," said Brown. "It's real Roger Rabbit-style juxtaposition of a cartoon character in a realistic world, as realistic as Marvel gets. He uses Looney Toons style physics to fight crime. If you read 'Deadpool' and think he's a little too highbrow, 'Slapstick' is where it's at." Alonso said it was like Roger Rabbit meets the Punisher.

"Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" came up next, to a round of applause from the audience. "It seems some of you know about Doreen Green," said writer Ryan North. The cover of issue #16 shows Squirrel Girl's flying squirrel girl suit. "There are also Australian giant squirrels but we haven't done that yet," said North, teasing other types of squirrels that could end up influencing the book. Amanat then talked up the young readers Squirrel Girl novel that will be coming out soon.

Alonso then jokingly revealed, "full disclosure," that he only barely greenlit "Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" a few years ago. "We're very proud of this book, specifically where it performs in trades phenomenally." North said artist Erica Henderson is at the con, but she's in the hotel room actually working on "Squirrel Girl" right now -- specifically the upcoming "Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats up the Marvel Universe" OGN that she and North are working on in addition to the monthly series.

Alonso talked about "Champions," a book that's coming out of "Civil War II." Alonso said that after the event, there will be "rifts, and 'Champions' is the flagship book of this 'Divided We Stand' universe." The roster includes Ms. Marvel. Amadeus Cho, Miles Morales, Cyclops and Viv Vision. "You'll have to learn why they formed this team and what they stand for. This is a book to watch."

Walker talked about "Occupy Avengers," another series spinning out of "Civil War II." The book will be written by Walker with art by Gabriel Walta. "Occupy Avengers take place in the aftermath and part of it is about Clint trying to find personal redemption, so he hits the road and goes across America with a team of Avengers that we haven't revealed yet," said Walker. "They're on an A-Team sort of mission. They're not a sanctioned Avengers and they're doing things regular Avengers wouldn't do. It's a street-level team and they're going to the states that we fly over when we go across the country." It's also a team of Avengers that have no super powers, Walker revealed, and rely on their skills as opposed to superhuman abilities. Amanat added that there will also be a "Hawkeye" series, but it will star Kate Bishop.

Jim Zub talked about "Thunderbolts," running through the new set-up which spun out of the "Standoff" event earlier this year. "This is a team of people that try to do heroic things but don't always have heroic answers, and they're led by Bucky," said Zub. Bucky's using this team to keep Earth safe whether or not they realize it, and they "go to lengths other teams won't go because they have morally compromised backgrounds." The book also features Kobik, a teenage girl that's built from a Cosmic Cube. She's being protected by Bucky, who has no idea that Kobik also is responsible for making Captain America believe he's always been a HYDRA agent. "It's a cool character interaction along with ass-kicking action and bits of the Marvel Universe we get to play with," said Zub. The post-"Civil War II" arc will see Bucky incarcerated and coming face to face with Steve Rogers.

The new "Invincible Iron Man" series was revealed, with Alonso talking about the new lead character Riri Williams. "We had editorial meetings for 'Civil War II' and Brian Bendis had already created Riri, but the plans got even bigger as we discussed the story," said Alonso. He then showed off Riri's armor, and moved on to the book's sister title, "Infamous Iron Man." That book will star Victor Von Doom as Iron Man and is also written by Brian Michael Bendis.

Jason Aaron spoke about "Doctor Strange," saying "he's busy getting his butt kicked by new enemies, the Empirical. By the end of that story, we get a a new Doctor Strange and he can't do the stuff he used to do. He has to work a lot harder. That's a perfect time for his old bad guys to show up and try to kick his butt even more. All the classic Doctor Strange villains are coming back, including Baron Mordo. You get to see Chris Bachalo's take on those weird villains." A Doctor Strange team book, "Sorcerers Supreme," will come soon. New characters will be included in the book.

"The Unstoppable Wasp" came up next, with Amanat talking about the book's status quo. It will focus on her escape from the Red Room and her using all her skills to become a superhero like her father, Hank Pym. "It's her journey towards becoming a hero," said Amanat. "Along the way she will meet interesting characters and fight villains from the Red Room that are after her. It's the story of the new Wasp as we want to see her." The series is written by Jeremy Whitely and features art by Elsa Charretier.

The floor opened up to questions. A fan asked about seeing all of Marvel's new teen characters teaming up, and Alonso mentioned "Champions," which sees a lot of the new young heroes on the same group. "Maybe Robbie Reyes will show up down the road, spoiler alert," teased Alonso.

A fan asked about all the double heroes running around the Marvel Universe (two Hawkeye, two Captain Americas, two Thors, two Spider-Men, etc.) and if it dilutes their brand. The panel talked about how this conceit works because each version of the character is so different. "It's not about dilution, it's about expanding the possibilities of who can be a hero," said Amanat.

The panel talked about how they come up with major storylines like "Civil War II." "We have retreats at Marvel a few times a year where a bunch of writers sit in a room and talk about comics for eight hours a day for three days, but we talk about all these stories," said Aaron. "I'd go in and pitch here's what I want to do with 'Thor' for the next few years and everyone throws out ideas. With 'Civil War II' it affects everyone's books, so we talk about that and it can sometimes go for multiple retreats."

Amanat talked about how they created Ms. Marvel in retreats, saying that initially she had other code names and powers, like exploding powers -- but Amanat didn't want to give a Muslim superhero exploding powers. "We realized that if she's fans of all these celebrity heroes, she'd want to be exactly like them. And her picking up the mantle of Ms. Marvel and defining her own version of it -- it took us a while to get there but when we got there, it was like, that's the story. It was very organic."

The panel talked about the decision to kill War Machine/James Rhodes in the early chapters of "Civil War II." "This was a decision that wasn't made lightly," said Alonso. "It would've been Brian suggesting this be the scene and there was pushback. We were well aware of the ramifications and arguments were made. It's not always my way or the highway as the editor in chief. If the momentum's going one way and it makes more sense, it goes that way.

I think ultimately one of the things is that we already Riri Williams in place for all these incredible things that it was able to offset some of the damage of losing Rhodey -- who will never be resurrected because this is comics. We love Rhodey and we miss him as much as you."

"For us it was ultimately not about giving other characters purpose but more about what Rhodey would do and what he would fight for and how that influences the way both Carol and Tony perceive this entire event," said Amanat. "They react very differently. They perceive Rhodey in distinct ways. The intention of the story, it works for his character, and then I think people [at the writers' summit] were sold."

A fan asked about international concerns and how much Marvel wonders how their comics will play across the world when they're making decisions. "When I'm writing anything, your worst critic is yourself. I can't imagine writing something wondering if something will play here, here and here," said North.

Alonso added a personal story about how "Totally Awesome Hulk" came to be. "We were talking about the post-'Secret Wars' landscape and we were wondering what we could do new with the Hulk. There was nothing we could do with Banner. And senior editor Mark Paniccia suggested we have Amadeus Cho be the new Hulk." Alonso said that his wife is Korean, so this was also personally important to him and his family. And he said that when his nephew heard that a Korean boy was going to become the Hulk, he thought that meant he would turn into the Hulk. Alonso had to call him and calm him down and explain that Amadeus wanted to be the Hulk -- and that there could only be one, so his nephew wouldn't be Hulking out anytime soon.

Amanat added that "there's universal truth to some of these stories that don't have to be limited by international context, it's just the human experience. That's the stories we strive to tell, about the vulnerabilities and challenges of ordinary people even when they have to become powerful. That's something, regardless of background, that people can connect with."

====

====

From CBR

SDCC EXCL: THE CHAMPIONS VARIANTS TAKE OVER 20 MARVEL TITLES IN OCTOBER

At Comic-Con International: San Diego, Marvel Comics announced a round of Champions-themed variants running through 20 different titles in October, just as the new "Champions" ongoing series launches from writer Mark Waid and artist Humberto Ramos, in the fallout of "Civil War II."

Additionally, CBR has exclusively been provided with two action figure variants for "The Champions" #1 by John Tyler Christopher, featuring Nova, Viv Vision, Hulk and Spider-Man. Check them out below:

Champions 1 Action FIgureChampions 2 Action FIgure

Titles receiving a Champions variant in October include:

• All-New Wolverine #13
    • Black Panther #7
    • Black Widow #7
    • Captain America: Sam Wilson #14
    • Champions #1
    • Deadpool #21
    • Doctor Strange #12
    • Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme #1
    • Great Lakes Avengers #1
    • The Unbelievable Gwenpool #7
    • Infamous Iron Man #1
    • Jessica Jones #1
    • Mosaic #1
    • Ms. Marvel #12
    • Patsy Walker a.k.a. Hellcat! #11
    • Prowler #1
    • Solo #1
    • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #13
    • Uncanny Avengers #15
    • Uncanny Inhumans #15

Check out the various Champions variants revealed thus far, in addition to two new variant from "The Champions" #1 unveiled at today's panel:

Black Widow 7 Champions Variant by Phil Noto

"Black Widow" #7 Champions variant by Phil Noto

Captain America Sam Wilson 14 Champions Variant by Mike Deodato

"Captain America: Sam Wilson" #14 Champions variant by Mike Deodato

Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme 1 Champions Variant by Jamal Campbell

"Doctor Strange: Sorcerers Supreme" #1 Champions variant by Jamal Campbell

Great Lakes Avengers 1 Champions Variant by Dale Keown

"Great Lakes Avengers" #1 Champions variant by Dale Keown

Champions 1 Champions Variant by Mark Brooks Not Final

"Champions" #1 Champions variant by Mark Brooks

Champions 1 Fosgitt Party Variant

"Champions" #1 party variant by Jay Fosgitt

Champions 1 Young Variant

"Champions" #1 variant by Skottie Young

Stay tuned to CBR News for further Marvel updates from SDCC...

====

====

From Comicbook.com

EXCLUSIVE: Deadpool Gets A Symbiote In Back In Black

Deadpool Back in Black

Marvel’s Merc with a Mouth is about to go dark. Marvel today announced Deadpool: Back in Black, a new five-issue miniseries from writer Cullen Bunn (Deadpool’s Secret Secret Wars) and artist Salva Espin (The Deadpool Killogy). The series reveals the untold story of how, after being rejected by Spider-Man, the alien symbiote that would eventually become Venom bonded instead with Wade Wilson.

Set during the 1980s era of Marvel Comics, after the events of the original Secret Wars andDeadpool’s Secret Secret Wars, Deadpool: Back in Black reveals and an untold era of Deadpool’s history, and will feature several guest stars.

ComicBook.com spoke with Bunn about what makes this era of Deadpool’s history so interesting. You can see Espin’s covers for the first two issues in the gallery below.

What is it that attracts the symbiote to Deadpool? Is it simply potential for wanton violence, or something more?

Cullen Bunn: This series takes place immediately after the events of Web of Spider-Man #1, when the symbiote is driven away from Peter Parker. The symbiote is alone, which is a state of being that goes against its chemical makeup. It feels lost and abandoned. But when a group of intergalactic bounty hunters show up to abduct the alien creature, the symbiote seeks out the only other human being to have ever bonded to it... And that's Deadpool. Wade and the symbiote know each other. In Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars, Wade met the symbiote before Spidey. The creature is seeking out someone familiar other than the person who tried to kill it.

What unique opportunities and challenges do you find in writing stories likeBack and Black and Deadpool’s Secret Secret Wars, which exist within the cracks of continuity?

CB: Since this story takes place within existing Marvel continuity, the challenge is making sure the story works and has some punch while not upsetting the apple cart too much. In this case, we're dealing with a number of characters with long histories--Deadpool, Spider-Man, and Venom, in particular--and I need to add to those histories without destroying what's already established. But that's also part of the fun! I enjoy finding these angles that allow for exciting, fun tales but also add to the characters in today's stories. With this particular book, I also wanted to make sure that Deadpool's adventures and the characters he interacted with fit within the chronology of the books that were coming out around this time, so I did a lot of research in terms of where characters might be and when certain other big stories of the era might be taking place.

The solicitation for the series says that Deadpool and the symbiote have “adventures,” and one of the covers shows Power Pack. Can you offer any more details about what these “adventures” may entail and what other guest stars may appear?

CB: This series takes place in the 80s, so I wanted the stories, guest stars, and villains to represent that timeline. This also gave me the opportunity to use a few characters we don't see much of these days. I've always wanted to write classic Power Pack, because I love those characters. But I've also always wanted to write an Obnoxio the Clown story, and he works well with both Deadpool and Power Pack. Other characters who will appear are Machine Man, Black Cat, and Kraven the Hunter. And it would seem like Spider-Man would show up at some point, doesn't it? In addition, there will be some new characters and some more modern characters who we'll learn have been bumping around the Marvel Universe since the 80s.

You’ve been writing Deadpool for a while now, and you’ve worked on Wade with Salva Espin in the past. How has your take on the character evolved over time? How has the visual style of these stories changed?

CB: I feel like the book Salva and I are doing now has a lot more hyper-kinetic action than books we've done in the past. In part, that's because we're both gotten more comfortable with each other as collaborators. But it also has a lot to do with the subject matter. Deadpool is already a visually dynamic character, but when you add the Spider-Man-like hijinx and gooey shape-shifting power of the symbiote, we get into some really wild territory.

Do you find that you write Deadpool differently in a series like Back in Black than you do in a modern setting, as in Deadpool and the Mercs for Money?

The Deadpool in Mercs for Money and the Deadpool in Back in Black are the same guy, but I definitely write them a little differently. If you read a book from the 80s, you'll see that characters were written differently back then. They've evolved over time. So I'm writing Deadpool as I think he would have been written in the 80s. He hasn't evolved into the Wade Wilson we know and love today... Which is a little terrifying if you really think about it.

Deadpool: Back in Black #1

Deadpool: Back in Black #1 & 2 covers by Salva Espin

====

====

====

====

From Bleeding Cool

Marvel Comics Teases Spring 2017 Event At San Diego Comic-Con – Inhumans Vs X-Men? IVX?

The Diamond Retailer Lunch Meeting is underway as San Diego Comic-Con. Where retailers from across the world gather to talk with publishers, distributors and pick up swag!

And Hilton Collins, Aaron Haaland and Jeremy Konrad have been letting us know what’s going down. Including Marvel. Next spring.

They’ve just given us Divided We Fall…. and now…

And now we get another Shakespeare quote. A House Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand.

Inhumans Vs X-Men?

Or is this another Shakespool reference?

===

===

From Bleeding Cool

Gwenpool #7 sees the start of a new story where she becomes head of MODOK…

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16394  Edited By animehunter

It looks like Newsarama has jumped the gun in stating that Giuseppe Camuncoli is "dropping out" as artist for Amazing Spider-Man, because according to Spider-Man Editor Nick Lowe, that is not the case as Camuncoli is only taking a break and will return after two issues.

From Nick Lowe's Twitter

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16395  Edited By animehunter

From Newsarama

2016 EISNER AWARD Winners (Full List)

Best Writer

• Jason Aaron,Southern Bastards(Image),Men of Wrath(Marvel Icon),Doctor Strange,Star Wars,Thor(Marvel)
    • John Allison, Giant Days (BOOM! Studios)
    • Ed Brubaker, The Fade Out, Velvet,Criminal Special Edition (Image)
    • Marjorie Liu, Monstress (Image)
    • Willow Wilson, Ms. Marvel (Marvel)

Best Single Issue/One-Shot

• Silver Surfer#11: “Never After,” by Dan Slott and Michael Allred (Marvel)
    • A Blanket of Butterflies, by Richard Van Camp and Scott B. Henderson (HighWater Press)
    • I Love This Part, by Tillie Walden (Avery Hill)
    • Mowgli’s Mirror, by Olivier Schrauwen (Retrofit/Big Planet)
    • Pope Hats #4, by Ethan Rilly (AdHouse)

Best Cover Artist

• David Aja,Hawkeye, Karnak, Scarlet Witch(Marvel)
    • Rafael Albuquerque, Ei8ht (Dark Horse), Huck (Image)
    • Amanda Conner, Harley Quinn (DC)
    • Joëlle Jones, Lady Killer (Dark Horse), Brides of Helheim (Oni)
    • Ed Piskor, Hip-Hop Family Tree (Fantagraphics)

Best Coloring

• Jordie Bellaire,The Autumnlands, Injection, Plutona, Pretty Deadly, The Surface, They’re Not Like Us, Zero(Image);The X-Files(IDW);The Massive(Dark Horse);Magneto,Vision(Marvel)
    • Laura Allred, Lady Killer (Dark Horse); Silver Surfer (Marvel); Art OPS (Vertigo/DC)
    • Elizabeth Breitwiser, The Fade Out,Criminal Magazine, Outcast, Velvet (Image)
    • John Rauch, The Beauty (Image); Batman: Arkham Knight, Earth 2: Society (DC); Runaways (Marvel)
    • Dave Stewart, Abe Sapien, BPRD Hell on Earth, Fight Club 2,Frankenstein Underground, Hellboy in Hell, Hellboy and the BPRD, (Dark Horse); Sandman: Overture, Twilight Children (Vertigo/DC), Captain America: White (Marvel), Space Dumplins (Scholastic Graphix)

Best Short Story

• “Killing and Dying,” by Adrian Tomine, inOptic Nerve#14 (Drawn & Quarterly)
    • “Black Death in America,” by Tom King and John Paul Leon, in Vertigo Quarterly: Black (Vertigo/DC)
    • “Hand Me Down,” by Kristyna Baczynski, in 24 x 7 (Fanfare Presents)
    • “It’s Going to Be Okay,” by Matthew Inman, in The Oatmeal, http://theoatmeal.com/comics/plane
    • “Lion and Mouse,” by R. Sikoryak, in Fable Comics (First Second)

Best Continuing Series

• Southern Bastards,by Jason Aaron and Jason Latour (Image)
    • Bandette, by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover (Monkeybrain)
    • Giant Days, by John Allison, Lissa Treiman, and Max Serin (BOOM! Studios/BOOM! Box)
    • Invincible, by Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, and Cliff Rathburn (Image/Skybound)
    • Silver Surfer, by Dan Slott and Michael Allred (Marvel)

Best Limited Series

• The Fade Out,by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips (Image)
    • Chrononauts, by Mark Millar and Sean Murphy (Image)
    • Lady Killer, by Joëlle Jones and Jamie S. Rich (Dark Horse)
    • Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decisions, by Bob Fingerman (Image)
    • The Spire, by Simon Spurrier and Jeff Stokely (BOOM! Studios)

Best New Series

• Paper Girls,by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang (Image)
    • Bitch Planet, by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine De Landro (Image)
    • Harrow County, by Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook (Dark Horse)
    • Kaijumax, by Zander Cannon (Oni)
    • Monstress, by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda (Image)
    • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, by Ryan North and Erica Henderson (Marvel)

Best Publication for Early Readers (up to age 8)

• Little Robot,by Ben Hatke (First Second)
    • Anna Banana and the Chocolate Explosion, by Dominque Roques and Alexis Dormal (First Second)
    • The Only Child, by Guojing (Schwartz & Wade)
    • SheHeWe, by Lee Nordling and Meritxell Bosch (Lerner Graphic Universe)
    • Written and Drawn by Henrietta, by Liniers (TOON Books)

Best Publication for Kids (ages 9-12)

• Over the Garden Wall,by Pat McHale and Jim Campbell (BOOM! Studios/KaBOOM!)
    • Baba Yaga’s Assistant, by Marika McCoola and Emily Carroll (Candlewick)
    • Child Soldier: When Boys and Girls Are Used in War, by Jessica Dee Humphreys, Michel Chikwanine, and Claudia Devila (Kids Can Press)
    • Nathan Hale’s Hazardous Tales: The Underground Abductor, by Nathan Hale (Abrams Amulet)
    • Roller Girl, by Victoria Jamieson (Dial Books)
    • Sunny Side Up, by Jennifer Holm and Matthew Holm (Scholastic Graphix)

Best Publication for Teens (ages 13-17)

• Super Mutant Magic Academy,by Jillian Tamaki (Drawn & Quarterly)
    • Awkward, by Svetlana Chmakova (Yen Press)
    • Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans, by Don Brown (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
    • March: Book Two, by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell (Top Shelf/IDW)
    • Moose, by Max de Radiguès (Conundrum)
    • Oyster War, by Ben Towle (Oni)

Best Humor Publication

• Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection,by Kate Beaton (Drawn & Quarterly)
    • Cyanide & Happiness: Stab Factory, by Kris Wilson, Rob DenBleyker, and Dave McElfatrick (BOOM! Studios/BOOM! Box)
    • Deep Dark Fears, by Fran Krause (Ten Speed Press)
    • Sexcastle, by Kyle Starks (Image)
    • UR, by Eric Haven (AdHouse)

Best Digital/Webcomic

• Bandette, by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover (Monkeybrain/comiXology)
    • Fresh Romance, edited by Janelle Asselin (Rosy Press)
    • The Legend of Wonder Woman, by Renae De Liz (DC Digital)
    • Lighten Up, by Ronald Wimberly (The Nib), thenib.com/lighten-up-4f7f96ca8a7e#.u45ffr3l1
    • These Memories Won’t Last, by Stu Campbell, http://memories.sutueatsflies.com/

Best Anthology

• Drawn & Quarterly, Twenty-Five Years of Contemporary, Cartooning, Comics, and Graphic Novels,edited by Tom Devlin (Drawn & Quarterly)
    • Eat More Comics: The Best of the Nib, edited by Matt Bors (The Nib)
    • 24 x 7, edited by Dan Berry (Fanfare Presents)
    • Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard, vol. 3, edited by David Petersen (BOOM! Studios/Archaia)
    • Peanuts: A Tribute to Charles M. Schulz, edited by Shannon Watters (BOOM! Studios/KaBOOM!)

Best Reality-Based Work

• March: Book Two,by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell (Top Shelf/IDW)
    • The Arab of the Future: A Childhood in the Middle East, 1978–1984, by Riad Sattouf (Metropolitan Books)
    • Displacement: A Travelogue, by Lucy Knisley (Fantagraphics)
    • Hip Hop Family Tree, Book 3: 1983–1984, by Ed Piskor (Fantagraphics)
    • Invisible Ink: My Mother’s Secret Love Affair with a Famous Cartoonist, by Bill Griffith (Fantagraphics)
    • The Story of My Tits, by Jennifer Hayden (Top Shelf/IDW)

Best Graphic Album—New

• Ruins, by Peter Kuper (SelfMadeHero)
    • Long Walk to Valhalla, by Adam Smith and Matthew Fox (BOOM!/Archaia)
    • Nanjing: The Burning City, by Ethan Young (Dark Horse)
    • Sam Zabel and the Magic Pen, by Dylan Horrocks (Fantagraphics)
    • The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage, by Sydney Padua (Pantheon)

Best Graphic Album—Reprint

• Nimona,by Noelle Stevenson (Harper Teen)
    • Angry Youth Comics, by Johnny Ryan (Fantagraphics)
    • Roses in December: A Story of Love and Alzheimer’s, by Tom Batiuk and Chuck Ayers (Kent State University Press)
    • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal Omnibus, by E. K. Weaver (Iron Circus Comics)
    • Soldier’s Heart: The Campaign to Understand My WWII Veteran Father, by Carol Tyler (Fantagraphics)

Best Adaptation from Another Medium

• Two Brothers,by Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá (Dark Horse)
    • Captive of Friendly Cove: Based on the Secret Journals of John Jewitt, by Rebecca Goldfield, Mike Short, and Matt Dembicki (Fulcrum)
    • City of Clowns, by Daniel Alarcón and Sheila Alvarado (Riverhead Books)
    • Ghetto Clown, by John Leguizamo, Christa Cassano, and Shamus Beyale (Abrams ComicArts)
    • Lafcadio Hearn’s “The Faceless Ghost” and Other Macabre Tales from Japan, adapted by Sean Michael Wilson and Michiru Morikawa (Shambhala)

Best U.S. Edition of International Material

• The Realist,by Asaf Hanuka (BOOM! Studios/Archaia)
    • Alpha . . . Directions, by Jens Harder (Knockabout/Fanfare)
    • The Eternaut, by Héctor Germán Oesterheld and Francisco Solano Lòpez (Fantagraphics)
    • A Glance Backward by Pierre Paquet and Tony Sandoval (Magnetic Press)
    • The March of the Crabs, by Arthur de Pins (BOOM! Studios/Archaia)

Best U.S. Edition of International Material—Asia

• Showa, 1953–1989: A History of Japan, by Shigeru Mizuki (Drawn & Quarterly)
    • Assassination Classroom, vols. 2–7, by Yusei Matsui (VIZ)
    • A Bride’s Story,by Kaoru Mori (Yen Press)
    • Master Keaton,vols. 2–4, by Naoki Urasawa, Hokusei Katsushika, and Takashi Nagasaki (VIZ)
    • A Silent Voice, by Yoshitoki Oima (Kodansha)
    • Sunny, by Taiyo Matsumoto (VIZ)

Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips

• The Eternaut,by Héctor Germán Oesterheld and Francisco Solano Lòpez, edited by Gary Groth and Kristy Valenti (Fantagraphics)
    • Beyond Mars, by Jack Williamson and Lee Elias, edited by Dean Mullaney (IDW/LOAC)
    • Cartoons for Victory, by Warren Bernard (Fantagraphics)
    • The Complete Funky Winkerbean, vol. 4, by Tom Batiuk, edited by Mary Young (Black Squirrel Books)
    • Kremos: The Lost Art of Niso Ramponi, vols. 1 and 2, edited by Joseph P. Procopio (Picture This/Lost Art Books)
    • White Boy in Skull Valley, by Garrett Price, edited by Peter Maresca (Sunday Press)

Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books

• Walt Kelly’s Fairy Tales,edited by Craig Yoe (IDW)
    • Frank Miller’s Ronin Gallery Edition, edited by Bob Chapman (Graphitti Designs/DC)
    • Craig Russell’s Murder Mystery and Other Stories Gallery Edition, edited by Daniel Chabon (Dark Horse)
    • The Puma Blues: The Complete Saga, by Stephen Murphy, Alan Moore, Michael Zulli, Stephen R. Bissette, and Dave Sim (Dover)
    • Walt Disney’s Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck: The Don Rosa Library, vols. 3–4, edited by David Gerstein (Fantagraphics)

Best Writer/Artist

• Bill Griffith,Invisible Ink: My Mother’s Secret Love Affair with a Famous Cartoonist(Fantagraphics)
    • Nathan Hale, Nathan Hale’s Hazardous Tales: The Underground Abductor (Abrams)
    • Sydney Padua, The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage (Pantheon)
    • Ed Piskor, Hip-Hop Family Tree, vol. 3 (Fantagraphics)
    • Noah Van Sciver, Fante Bukowski, Saint Cole (Fantagraphics)

Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team

• Cliff Chiang,Paper Girls(Image)
    • Michael Allred, Silver Surfer (Marvel); Art Ops (Vertigo/DC)
    • Erica Henderson, Jughead (Archie), Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (Marvel)
    • Joëlle Jones, Lady Killer (Dark Horse), Brides of Helheim (Oni)
    • Nate Powell, March, Book Two (Top Shelf/IDW)

Best Painter/Multimedia Artist

• Dustin Nguyen,Descender(Image)
    • Federico Bertolucci, Love: The Tiger and Love: The Fox (Magnetic Press)
    • Colleen Coover, Bandette (Monkeybrain)
    • Carita Lupattelli, Izuna (Humanoids)
    • Tony Sandoval, A Glance Backward (Magnetic Press)

Best Lettering

• Derf Backderf,Trashed(Abrams)
    • Steve Dutro, Blood-C, Midnight Society, Plants vs Zombies (Dark Horse)
    • Lucy Knisley, Displacement (Fantagraphics)
    • Troy Little, Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Top Shelf/IDW)
    • Kevin McCloskey, We Dig Worms! (TOON Books)

Best Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism

• Hogan’s Alley,edited by Tom Heintjes (Hogan’s Alley)
    • Alter Ego, edited by Roy Thomas (TwoMorrows)
    • Back Issue, edited by Michael Eury (TwoMorrows)
    • Comic Riffs blog by Michael Cavna, washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/
    • Jack Kirby Collector, edited by John Morrow (TwoMorrows)

Best Comics-Related Book

• Harvey Kurtzman: The Man Who Created Mad and Revolutionized Humor in America,by Bill Schelly (Fantagraphics)
    • King of the Comics: One Hundred Years of King Features Syndicate, edited by Dean Mullaney (IDW/LOAC)
    • Only What’s Necessary: Charles M. Schulz and the Art of Peanuts, by Chip Kidd and Geoff Spear (Abrams ComicArts)
    • Out of Line: The Art of Jules Feiffer, by Martha Fay (Abrams ComicArts)
    • Will Eisner: Champion of the Graphic Novel, by Paul Levitz (Abrams ComicArts)

Best Academic/Scholarly Work

• The Blacker the Ink: Constructions of Black Identity in Comics and Sequential Art, edited by Frances Gateward and John Jennings (Rutgers)
    • Boys Love Manga and Beyond: History, Culture, and Community in Japan, edited by Mark McLelland et al. (University Press of Mississippi)
    • Graphic Medicine Manifesto, by M. K. Czerwiec et al. (Penn State University Press)
    • Superheroes on World Screens, edited by Rayna Denison and Rachel Mizsei-Ward (University Press of Mississippi)
    • Unflattening, by Nick Sousanis (Harvard University Press)

Best Publication Design

• Sandman Gallery Edition,designed by Graphitti Designs and Josh Beatman/Brainchild Studios (Graphitti Designs/DC)
    • Beyond the Surface, designed by Nicolas André, Sam Arthur, Alex Spiro, and Camille Pichon (Nobrow)
    • The Eternaut, designed by Tony Ong (Fantagraphics)
    • Eventually Everything Connects, designed by Loris Lora, Sam Arthur, Alex Spiro, and Camille Pichon (Nobrow)
    • King of the Comics: One Hundred Years of King Features Syndicate, designed by Dean Mullaney (IDW/LOAC)
    • Only What’s Necessary: Charles M. Schulz and the Art of Peanuts, designed by Chip Kidd (Abrams ComicArts)

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Not too fussed about Slott winning for Doctor Surfer. It's a good book.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16397  Edited By animehunter
    ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16398  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit

@Elbarto17

@amazingfantasy

All-Star Batman Is The All Star Of Advance Reorders

Greetings from the coal face of the direct comics market. Where retailers try to increase their orders of certain comics ahead of sale. Where supply and demand and most accurately reflected, where you can see which books are hot, where new orders are coming in and how retailers are reacting to new, unanticipated desire!

Amazing Spider-Man #16 may have had more reorders, based on the Dead No More event. But All-Star Batman, with a number of covers for retailers to choose from took 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th and 11th spot as well, beating it on aggregate.

But also look at the jump in number of Red Hood And The Outlaws #1. That was a Rebirth book that was given short shruft at teh original announcement event, with writer Scott Lobdell in attendance nbut not invoted on stage to talk about the new comic. But, it seems like with Marvel’s X-Men titles, just because DC doesn’t promote the book much, doesn;t mean people don’t want to order it. Because they do…

And note the Riri Williams effect is kicking in strong.

Data courtesy of Diamond Dateline.

TOP 25 ADVANCE REORDER COMICS/GRAPHIC NOVELS/TPs

DescriptionSRPVendor
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16 BDNM$3.99MAR
    ALL STAR BATMAN #1$4.99DC
    ALL STAR BATMAN #1 JOCK VAR ED$4.99DC
    SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #1 MCGUINNESS 7TH PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #7 DEODATO 3RD PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1$2.99DC
    ALL STAR BATMAN #1 SHALVEY VAR ED$4.99DC
    ALL STAR BATMAN #1 ROMITA VAR ED$4.99DC
    JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1 2ND PTG$2.99DC
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #15 ALEX ROSS 2ND PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    ALL STAR BATMAN #1 BLANK VAR ED$4.99DC
    INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #9 DEODATO 2ND PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #2 MCGUINNESS 6TH PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    SUPERWOMAN #1 VAR ED$2.99DC
    SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #3 MCGUINNESS 5TH PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    MOEBIUS LIBRARY WORLD OF EDENA HC (C: 1-1-2)$49.99DAR
    SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #8$3.99MAR
    SUPERWOMAN #1$2.99DC
    DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1$2.99DC
    SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #4 MCGUINNESS 4TH PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #5 MCGUINNESS 3RD PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #6 DEL MUNDO 2ND PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1 VAR ED$2.99DC
    INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #8 DEODATO 2ND PTG VAR$3.99MAR
    ACCUSED #1$4.99MAR
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16399  Edited By animehunter

Marvel Announces New Animated Projects, Including Rocket And Groot - Comicbook.com

Marvel Announces Secret Wars, The TV Show, With Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Black Panther And Jane Foster Thor - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

SDCC: Marvel Announces Animated "Secret Wars," Skottie Young-Style "Rocket & Groot" | Comic Book Resources

SDCC 2016: 'Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars' Coming Next Year | News | Marvel.com

Marvel Announces New Animated Projects, Including Rocket And Groot

Marvel is steadily expanding its film universe with newcomers Doctor Strange and Black Panther over the next year or so, but that doesn't mean they are forgetting about their animated universe.

IMG_2657

Marvel will be producing a new season of Marvel's Avengers, this time focusing on Secret Wars. The new season will include Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, The Wasp, and The Vision, and will task the group with saving reality. Currently, the series is still in the middle of the Ultron Revolution storyline on Disney XD.

The network will also be bringing back its popular Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy series, which will involve a team up with the Avengers. From the initial photo, that seems to include The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Ant-Man, and Captain Marvel, along with Gamora, Star-Lord, Drax, Rocket, and Groot.

Speaking of Rocket and Groot, the dynamic duo will be getting their own series of animated shorts, aptly titled Rocket & Groot. It's being worked on by Passion Pictures, and being directed by Arnauld Delord. You'll know Delord's work from his previous Gorillaz videos, and you can definitely see the similar stylings in the first clip, which of course features the lovable critter overreacting just a tad to a harmless lightning bug. You can view the clip in the Tweet above.

The Hulk will also be getting his own animated feature called Marvel's Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell. The green giant will be teaming up with Dr. Strange and the Howling Commandoes.

Last but not least, Disney XD is bringing everyone's favorite wall crawler to their Super Hero Battle Royale game, which you can play in the Disney XD App.

===

===

SDCC: MARVEL ANNOUNCES ANIMATED "SECRET WARS," SKOTTIE YOUNG-STYLE "ROCKET & GROOT"

As part of Comic-Con International: San Diego, Marvel announced that the new season of their "Avengers" animated cartoon will be titled "Avengers: Secret Wars," with an all-new cast consisting of The Vision, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Wasp, Ant-Man and the Jane Foster version of Thor. They also broke news that a Rocket Raccoon and Groot-led series of animated shorts, inspired by the work of Eisner Award-winning comic book writer/artist Skottie Young, are on the way to Disney XD

Here's the logo for "Avengers: Secret Wars":

secret wars social

Check out the following teaser video for the upcoming "Rocket & Groot" shorts, which look to adapt Young's artwork remarkably well:

Rocket & Groot shorts, "Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars," and more announced at#MarvelSDCC! https://t.co/0VEEtDZFFchttps://t.co/Ad0pOrXEEP

— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) July 23, 2016

Both "Avengers: Secret Wars" -- replacing "Avengers: Ultron Revolution" -- and "Rocket & Groot" will air on Disney XD, alongside "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Ultimate Spider-Man."

-

@amazingfantasy

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16400  Edited By animehunter

Continued on page 329

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.