Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man and Pamela Isley: Could it work?

• 143 results
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: It's still Peter's adventures.....concider it as one of the many obstacles he faces in his life.....

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Funkypanda123

Spidey and I are a twerk team

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

It might make for a fun one shot but no I don't think it'd work.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise: At least for a Black Cat on and of type thing it'd be fun though, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Definitely. It would be awesome to see them fight too

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mewmdude77:

Wolverine who has killed in front of Spidey has been one of his best friends in the hero community despite Peter's code and strong moral values. Spidey is pretty much Jesus, he forgives people and becomes friends with them despite their pasts or mistakes.

I'm pretty sure he can accept and learn to tolerate Poisen Ivy if she's willing to prove herself to be more than she seems.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pfft, hell no.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Well for one Ivy while having a noble goal, has a tendency to being genocidal in killing half the population to protect her plants, feeds her partners to a carnivorous plants to avoid attachments, and mind control through her kiss. So yeah Ivy would just see Spidey as another pawn to help her in her crusade.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: While I am fine with people disagreeing with me, that is quite possibly the most insanely sloppily put together counter-argument possible.

1) She only commits genocide when she's being poorly written. Mostly it's just her v.s a land development company or something, at least when she's written right.

2) Umm...Actually no, no she doesn't. She doesn't feed her partners to avoid attachments. If you're mentioning Harvest then you are being really desperate as Harvest is one of the worst comics ever written and wrote Ivy completely OOC. That's like me saying Batman isn't a good fit for Wonder Woman because of All-Star Batman and Robin

3) What does mind control have to do with anything? This is assuming that they had to be friends for a while.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Well what would you suggest are the better Ivy stories? Because so far DC right now is more Black and White than ever, with every Bat villain trying to one up Joker and Zsaz in the genocide and murder count. To me Ivy seems natural in high murders in her crusade she turned people to frozen wood to avenge rainforest.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: What would I suggest are the better Ivy stories? Gotham City Sirens, Hush, Cast Shadows, Forever Evil, No Man's Land and that's just off the top of my head. And DC writing black and white is more proof how DC is becoming quite possibly the worst possible state that any comic publication company can possibly enter. I could write better stories than what DC is crapping out right now; that's not bragging, or me being arrogant, over 80% of the fan-fic writers on this website could write better stories. @tommythehitman, @wildvine and @impurestcheese consistently write great stories that current DC comics would have trouble being 1/3 as good as. Hell, a brain-dead sloth throwing darts at random idea balloons is a better writer than what DC's got right now! At least it will OCCASIONALLY hit the mark! As for Ivy turning people into frozen wood, she only did that to land developers and CEOs destroying plants, not random civilians.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#116  Edited By ImpurestCheese
    tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: What would I suggest are the better Ivy stories? Gotham City Sirens, Hush, Cast Shadows, Forever Evil, No Man's Land and that's just off the top of my head. And DC writing black and white is more proof how DC is becoming quite possibly the worst possible state that any comic publication company can possibly enter. I could write better stories than what DC is crapping out right now; that's not bragging, or me being arrogant, over 80% of the fan-fic writers on this website could write better stories. @tommythehitman, @wildvine and @impurestcheese consistently write great stories that current DC comics would have trouble being 1/3 as good as. Hell, a brain-dead sloth throwing darts at random idea balloons is a better writer than what DC's got right now! At least it will OCCASIONALLY hit the mark! As for Ivy turning people into frozen wood, she only did that to land developers and CEOs destroying plants, not random civilians.

Well Alfred and his friend would like to say otherwise.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Well Alfred and his friend would like to say otherwise.

His death is for the greater good...

Loading Video...

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prepare for a lot of "There's only ONE redhead for Spidey" comments.

Also, since when has Spidey ever showed an interest in botany?

(For the record, I do like the connection to actual spiders and plants, that's pretty clever).

The only other redhead who is interested in Spidey is the Black Widow.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: No, still think it would be a great relationship. I think Ivy would have moments where she wants to kill Spider-Man, but I could see them loving each other and forgiving one another.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I could see Peter Parker with Pamela Isley, however I cannot see Spider-Man with Poison Ivy, if that makes sense. Poison Ivy, despite a somewhat sympathetic goal, is a murderer, not a thief. Straight-edge characters can overlook petty theft in regards to their partner but not murder.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see Peter Parker with Pamela Isley, however I cannot see Spider-Man with Poison Ivy, if that makes sense. Poison Ivy, despite a somewhat sympathetic goal, is a murderer, not a thief. Straight-edge characters can overlook petty theft in regards to their partner but not murder.

Do you know that Pamela Isley might be the equivalent to Mystique. Provided that she never tells Peter her deadly secret.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you know that Pamela Isley might be the equivalent to Mystique. Provided that she never tells Peter her deadly secret.

How so?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly very much this. The fact deal with it.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo said:

Jeez, it's just my opinion, and no, I still think it could work. If he can be friends with Wolverine and Eddie Brock I don't see the problem with Ivy. Well maybe I SEE it, but I could see Peter looking past that. Catwoman has killed people, Batman has looked past that.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@tigerkaya said:

@youknowwhattodo said:

Jeez, it's just my opinion, and no, I still think it could work. If he can be friends with Wolverine and Eddie Brock I don't see the problem with Ivy. Well maybe I SEE it, but I could see Peter looking past that. Catwoman has killed people, Batman has looked past that.

There is a difference between a kill and a murder, and that is intent. For the most part, when Catwoman kills someone, it was not her intention to do so, but with Poison Ivy, it almost always is. Also I think that you're comparing Spider-Man with the wrong hero because him and Batman have different personalities, Dick Grayson would be the better DC character for comparison. Dick Grayson would not date her.

Don't be ashamed though, we all have pairings regarding our favorite characters that the rest of the world looks at and laughs at. As I've said, I could totally see a story where Peter Parker dates Pamela Isley either before she becomes Poison Ivy or in a situation where he wouldn't know Pamela = Poison Ivy because there would enough similarities between the two to spark a romantic interest, just not with their alter-egos.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:
    @tigerkaya said:

@youknowwhattodo said:

There is a difference between a kill and a murder, and that is intent. For the most part, when Catwoman kills someone, it was not her intention to do so, but with Poison Ivy, it almost always is. Also I think that you're comparing Spider-Man with the wrong hero because him and Batman have different personalities, Dick Grayson would be the better DC character for comparison. Dick Grayson would not date her.

Don't be ashamed though, we all have pairings regarding our favorite characters that the rest of the world looks at and laughs at. As I've said, I could totally see a story where Peter Parker dates Pamela Isley either before she becomes Poison Ivy or in a situation where he wouldn't know Pamela = Poison Ivy because there would enough similarities between the two to spark a romantic interest, just not with their alter-egos.

I only brought up Batman because I think he's less forgiving and more morally strict than Spidey. I think him dating Isley and not knowing that she's a criminal could be very interesting. I just think that it would be awesome to see the recurring theme of Parker's forgiveness met with the potential for Ivy's redemption.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 said:

How so?

Because Raven knows Bio-Chemistry, and every other scientific subject. She's also an actress who can play the part of any character from Mary Jane to Norman Osborn. Her only fear is for those who she really cares about do not know the truth to her character. Otherwise she'll have to kill them to protect her secret.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Jimishim12
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Experio

Uh huh.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: I am incapable of detecting sarcasm, was that sarcastic?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26:

Poison Ivy reminds me of the Red Queen: A woman who was abandoned by her husband for another woman.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: I could see it a little...But I don't think Woodrue left Ivy for another woman, he left her because he couldn't use her anymore.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: 4 or 5...Why do you care?

I don't, but I also wasn't trying to be snarky (though it probably came off that way), I just wanted to know because this thread has been alive for years, didn't mean any disrespect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.