Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man and Captain Marvel - Secretly a Perfect Match

• 121 results
    Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Avenging-X-Bolt
    No Caption Provided

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Spider-Man and Ms Marvel are a perfect pairing. Brian Reed was building the couple, but then Marvel decided that it was a good idea and had to be scrapped.
    THIS!!! They would be great together, a superpowered couple dealing with romance, seperate lives outside of work and going to battle with someone you're involved with.
    InfinityAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By InfinityAce

I For one love this couple. None of this really matters now does it? Unless Superior is pete which I doubt pete is dead. No more universes where peter is alive either. (A.K.A ultimate) Hell even if peter is superior he is going out with MJ.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#103  Edited By x_29

I am not for it.

scarspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By scarspider

Totally agree. I was looking forward to that back when it was being planned.. seemed like a new dynamic relationship we could have explored but then Marvel back-stepped. I don't get why they made him single and then don't experiment with what seems to me is a very natural romantic relationship development. We've seen him with human girls, we've seen him with Black Cat (who is in her own sexy category of weird lady), but not a fellow hero. Everything pointed out in this article makes sense. Make it happen already Marvel!

Avatar image for snootchie_bootchies
    snootchie_bootchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Man, I would totally dig him being with Wonder Woman instead of that flaky Loi-oh, no wait, that was Superman.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@X35 said:

How is Fraction's wife going to be able to remind you that this is a female book with such outdated feminism and severely aching insistence that women make the world spin on its axis, if the female is in anyway involved with a man?

'Fraction's wife' has a name y'know.(Kelly Sue DeConnick)

That's an awfully rude way to refer to her, even if you do have a problem with her work.

I can't say I've noticed "severely aching insistence that women make the world spin on its axis" though. Could you give me an example?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#107  Edited By SC  Moderator

Yeah no I think its a horrible idea. Even just the fact that such articles tend to approach the pairing from Spider-Mans perspective first and more throughly cements why for me. Spider-man is too much of a man child, and he's great and awesome as a man child, but yeah. Rarely are pairings between two characters beneficial for both characters and usually fails both, and in theory or on paper lots of characters could have some sort of potential, not a good reason to green light. So yeah, reeks too much of wis fulfilment for me.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I think they'd work well together, but I think I'd rather see him either get back with MJ or start dating Kitty Pryde (I know they already did that in the ultimate universe, but I think they'd have good chemistry in the 616 universe too). Assuming of course this is Peter Parker we're talking about, as he will eventually be back as Spidey. I don't know who I'd want to see Superior Spidey with (if anyone).

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By darthfury78

@sc said:

Yeah no I think its a horrible idea. Even just the fact that such articles tend to approach the pairing from Spider-Mans perspective first and more throughly cements why for me. Spider-man is too much of a man child, and he's great and awesome as a man child, but yeah. Rarely are pairings between two characters beneficial for both characters and usually fails both, and in theory or on paper lots of characters could have some sort of potential, not a good reason to green light. So yeah, reeks too much of wis fulfilment for me.

The man-child mantra wouldn't do it for Mary Jane either. I think that their first date could have been better handled if Peter was to talk about his first encounter with Mystique to Carol. The conversation would become a flashback story of Spider-Man vs Mystique. This would not only hold Carol's interest, but the readers as well because Spidey has never encounter Raven before.

But regarding Peter's relationship with Carol, it should include Jessica Drew, Silver Sable, Psylocke, Natasha Romanov, and She-Hulk. All Marvel had to do was mix things up in a manner where people wouldn't care to which super heroine Peter dates as there would be six to choose from. Thus, no one will automatically assume that Spidey will have a serious relationship with all of them.

For the first story arc with Captain Marvel, Kelly Sue should have done a story arc that featured Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Peter Parker working together against a common enemy. It might have been fun to see the intense chemistry between Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel has towards Spidey. That would have been priceless as he would now know that Jessica Drew has feelings for him as well.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I wouldn't mind seeing Peter and Carol going out for the short term.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fan of this idea. I don't think their personalities would go together in a relationship sort of way. Plus with Spider-Man being a much better known character, I wouldn't want Carol to be overshadowed and be thought of as "Spider-Mans' Girlfriend", to people not familiar with her.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm not a fan of this idea. I don't think their personalities would go together in a relationship sort of way. Plus with Spider-Man being a much better known character, I wouldn't want Carol to be overshadowed and be thought of as "Spider-Mans' Girlfriend", to people not familiar with her.

I don't think that would be the case

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2: Are you sure? I don't mean with comic fans, more the general public.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By darthfury78

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@soduh2: Are you sure? I don't mean with comic fans, more the general public.

I think that no one would care if Peter Parker was in a relationship with a super heroine like Captain Marvel if it is expanded to include other heroines as well like Psylocke, She-Hulk(Human form), Spider-Woman, Black Widow, and Silver Sable. When you have 6 different heroines who are interested in Peter Parker respectively, the subject manner become neutral as it would give a writer a choice as to which heroine they want to write about with Spider-Man. This method would avoid any romantic relationship speculations because the heroines that he dates are shifting depending on the writer. It becomes less about a committed relationship and more of a close friendship. This might be the best option for Spider-Man/Peter Parker. On his civilian side, I think that Jennifer Walters( in her human form) and Peter would do very well on a once a month get together as he does with Betty Brant.

So if a writer knows what they are doing these types of mutual relationships that Peter has with a super heroine could be long term as long as it doesn't become a committed relationship as that is reserved for Mary Jane. The idea of Peter having a relationship with a super heroine is to open the doors to the kinds of adventures that we have not seen. The story need not be a team-up event. But rather they go on a date and talk about encountering a related villain or ally that could be used to tell a flashback story, such as Psylocke vs Carnage; Spider-Woman vs Hobgoblin; Silver Sable vs Lady Deathstrike, and Spider-Man vs Nimrod. Those are some of the types of relationship stories that the general public might be interested in reading about.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#115  Edited By batmannflash

Hmm... I would like this!

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: If it's more of a close friendship, then why consider it a relationship at all? Can't he have adventures with them without dating any of them?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I rather see Steve and Carol together. Both have been in the military both have been in multiple avengers teams Carol has a deep intamcy (talking about being able to open up and talk and confined in someone) with Steve and hey they both have Captains as titles.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If we can't have Spidey and MJ, I'm down for this

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By darthfury78

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@darthfury78: If it's more of a close friendship, then why consider it a relationship at all? Can't he have adventures with them without dating any of them?

The close friendship is the cover-up for the relationship. Just not a committed relationship. You can have adventures with them working together. But the personal civilian side would be lost. Thus I thought that the best way to resolve this is during their date, there could be a flashback adventure that would have there heroine fighting on of Spider-Man's enemies without Spidey being involved(aka guest appearance). This is just an example that I am providing. I am sure that a good writer could make the situation better. The idea of Spider-Man dating a heroine is for both sides to get to know the other on a personal level, which is rarely seen during Spider-Man's team-up adventures. And the 6 heroines I have talked about have the potential to play in a reoccurring role in Spider-Man's world for as long as the Black Cat has done since her introduction. Besides, not all Spider-Man writers are a like. For those who don't like the idea of Peter being in a mutual relationship with Carol Danvers, they could choose either one of the other heroines (who does have felling for Spider-Man) in her place. The list I talked about does provide some flexibility as none of the heroines mentioned would be in a serious relationship with Spider-Man(in the Earth-616 sense). If we all know that it won't last, perhaps it is best to keep things neutral.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: The idea of them getting to know each other in civilian form sounds O.K., but I'm not sure if making it like going on dates would be the best way to do it. Just hanging out as friends could probably achieve the same thing.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By darthfury78

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@darthfury78: The idea of them getting to know each other in civilian form sounds O.K., but I'm not sure if making it like going on dates would be the best way to do it. Just hanging out as friends could probably achieve the same thing.

True. Keep it at the friends level would probably be the best approach because for Spidey to have a serious relationship with anyone other than Mary Jane would be very controversial in itself(Aside from Betty Brant). And if the relationship starts, a lot of folks will begin to count down the clock as to when it will end. Besides, a serious relationship between Spider-Man x Heroine can take place outside of the Earth-616 realm, like it had with Nightcrawler x Scarlett Witch, Nocturne's parents from her alternate timeline, or Scott Summers x Jean Grey, Rachel's parents from her alternate timeline. I certainly would love to see the day when the daughter of Spider-Man x Black Widow makes her debut to Earth-616 from her alternate timeline, Galina Tsarfin. That would be the only other Spider-Girl that the general public would accept. And she might overshadow the Earth-616 version, Ayna.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.